• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I have a really hard time getting fellow anime otakus to read Pandora Hearts irl. Glad to see that you've all read/watched it at some point, or at least considered doing so. :D

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Spoiler:

Halp me. At the library rn and they just so happen to add some more manga series into their manga section and guess what manga decides to show up :s Volumes 3 - 21 on the shelves but 1 and 2 are gone :(
    It's like the world is tempting me to read PH I swear to god.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    Spoiler:

Halp me. At the library rn and they just so happen to add some more manga series into their manga section and guess what manga decides to show up :s Volumes 3 - 21 on the shelves but 1 and 2 are gone :(
    It's like the world is tempting me to read PH I swear to god.

Sweet jesus that's beautyful. I've always wanted to read manga in an actual book form but I'm broke/spend my money on other things and our library's manga section is about the size of that library's PH collection and most of our manga is like really old stuff. For the longest time we've had one or two chapters of like 6 or 7 different manga and they're not even roughly close to each other chapter wise so really you have no idea what the fucks going on unless you've read it before somewhere else. It's always been really disappointing.

PH looks interesting enough, I might give it a read. I don't ever know what to read so if I could get some recommendations that'd be real nice.

Skip Class

Years
    Our library has a pretty decent amount of manga I guess. The fact that they own full series though does make me pretty happy.

Spoiler:

my OCD-ness wants me to rearrange them all in the correct order xD

As for recs, what sort of stuff do you like?

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I'm into the darker stuff as well as shounen, pretty much anything as long as it's interesting and Manhwa. Psyren, Apocalypse no Toride, Bloody Mary, and Beelzebub are just a couple off the top of my head.

Skip Class

Years
    I'm into the darker stuff as well as shounen, pretty much anything as long as it's interesting and Manhwa. Psyren, Apocalypse no Toride, Bloody Mary, and Beelzebub are just a couple off the top of my head.

It's funny since I've just started getting into the Psychological dark stuff - most dark psychological games or whatnot.
    I've just read Doubt and Judge (stories unrelated, but it's a series of different death games). Judge is a lot better than Doubt, but translators dropped it for some reason. Someone did write about what was not translated which was good enough for me. I think appreciated Judge more because I read Doubt though which I'd rate around a 6 or 7/10, but it was still quite enjoyable (despite having a few predictable parts). I have heard Liar Game is brilliant though, but I'm planning on watching the drama first before reading the manga. I've heard nothing but good about it.

Sshounen stuff, a lot of the stuff I've read have been turned into anime like Assassination classroom, Shaman King etc. I'm hating myself atm for not keeping track of my manga, there's some good ones I've read but I can't remember them >__<

How'd you find Apocalypse no Toride? I've heard about it and wanted to read it.

Candy

Years
    Oh man, I think I found out what dovannnj meant when my copies are of the thin side. I think we don't have them covers? Y'know, the one normally used to cover the covers of the book? Yeah, I think that's the one we lack here.

Anyway, that Pandora Hearts volumes 3, 4, 6 and 7... do want. I think I'll just screw everything and try ordering from the bookstore online. I just hope they have some in stock. I need the full collection so badly. :F

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    It's funny since I've just started getting into the Psychological dark stuff - most dark psychological games or whatnot.
    I've just read Doubt and Judge (stories unrelated, but it's a series of different death games). Judge is a lot better than Doubt, but translators dropped it for some reason. Someone did write about what was not translated which was good enough for me. I think appreciated Judge more because I read Doubt though which I'd rate around a 6 or 7/10, but it was still quite enjoyable (despite having a few predictable parts). I have heard Liar Game is brilliant though, but I'm planning on watching the drama first before reading the manga. I've heard nothing but good about it.

Sshounen stuff, a lot of the stuff I've read have been turned into anime like Assassination classroom, Shaman King etc. I'm hating myself atm for not keeping track of my manga, there's some good ones I've read but I can't remember them >__<

How'd you find Apocalypse no Toride? I've heard about it and wanted to read it.

I'll look into Judge and doubt, it's always a shame when translators decide to drop manga like that. And I'm just the worst at keeping track of things I read and watch haha.

My friend actually turned me on to Apocalypse no Toride about the same time he turned me onto Psyren, which I've been pleased with both. I'd recommend reading when you have the time, I certainly don't regret it.

Skip Class

Years
    I'll look into Judge and doubt, it's always a shame when translators decide to drop manga like that. And I'm just the worst at keeping track of things I read and watch haha.

My friend actually turned me on to Apocalypse no Toride about the same time he turned me onto Psyren, which I've been pleased with both. I'd recommend reading when you have the time, I certainly don't regret it.

Just been looking into it, it seems they are slowly releasing the books in English with Volume 6 coming out this month. Not sure if that's the end or if there's one more volume left, but all that was fan-translated was up to volume 4.

The final part of the series of death games was announced a few months ago so I'm hoping that's translated too.
    NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

I'll probably be reading Apocalypse no Toride pretty soon while I'm into all the psychological and dark stuff at the moment - hopefully before I get back into uni :3.

Candy

Years
    MochiJun has best art style, yes. Beautiful and at the same time creepy.

Not to mention the conplexity of the story of Pandora Hearts itself gets me in awe. It reached the point that the scanlations had to mention the chapters that's being mentioned around the story, and the further you go through it, the more call backs you get. Not to mention the word playing in the dialogues.

There's a reason why MochiJun is one of my favorite mangakas.

EDIT:
    We need a new DCC title lol.
    Solace you sneaky moderator you.

Last edited:

Skip Class

Years
    I'm planning on starting Haikyuu soon, though it can't be as ridiculous as Kuroko.. I wonder.

Manga or anime? Haven't read either manga, but Haikyuu!! is so much fun to watch! tbh though no sports anime is as ridiculous as Inazuma Eleven though xD

Manga or anime? Haven't read either manga, but Haikyuu!! is so much fun to watch! tbh though no sports anime is as ridiculous as Inazuma Eleven though xD

Anime for now, but if I like it enough I'll start the manga too. Glad to hear it's fun because it looks really nice and colorful so I'm dying to start. :'D

edit: lmao oofuri is crazy

Skip Class

Years
    NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Mihashi is an adorable precious thing xD Not my favourite baseball anime, but I did love Oofuri.

Edit: hmm I liked Haikyuu!! more than I liked Oofuri. In terms of similarity, I guess it's as much as a weak sports team heading high in a tournament , but they're not that similar I guess.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back