• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    So I'm not here to bash or anything but I just really want to know what makes you guys keep watching/reading One Piece?

I tried to watch it before and I just couldn't. As an artist the art style they do just bothers me so much. The anatomy is just off and every time I see it my brain just like yells at me on how off that so and so's arm is or torso or whatever and how it needs to be fixed. I just can't. I guess I see it in an artist perspective but I just wondered to you how is it? I'm just really curious.

Overall though I don't read much manga anymore. When I was younger I used to buy it all the time but now I guess it has kind of faded. I still watch anime but not nearly as much. Every once in a while I'll go back and rewatch Code Geass, FMA, or Wolf's Rain. I could never let those go XD

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2015
    Wow! Of course not! It's just way too long! I honestly skip a lot of fill in episodes :/
    I have thought on reading the manga but I think it'll be the same thing

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    So I'm not here to bash or anything but I just really want to know what makes you guys keep watching/reading One Piece?

I tried to watch it before and I just couldn't. As an artist the art style they do just bothers me so much. The anatomy is just off and every time I see it my brain just like yells at me on how off that so and so's arm is or torso or whatever and how it needs to be fixed. I just can't. I guess I see it in an artist perspective but I just wondered to you how is it? I'm just really curious.

Overall though I don't read much manga anymore. When I was younger I used to buy it all the time but now I guess it has kind of faded. I still watch anime but not nearly as much. Every once in a while I'll go back and rewatch Code Geass, FMA, or Wolf's Rain. I could never let those go XD

The title is more of a joke aha, there's really not many people who have actually say down and watched every episode. There's like... 650~ episodes x_x

I can't stand long series, I can barely remember to finish watching 24 episodes D:

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    I don't go out of my way to watch every episode of One Piece, that would take way too much time. I do however still read the manga, but mostly I just read it just to read it. I don't have too much invested in the series. Last year I binge read One Piece from chapter 1 to 700 whatever chapter was out at the time in a couple of days and so I don't feel like it's as big of a deal as some other people might who have been with it waiting for the weekly release from the beginning.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    We need a new DCC title lol.

I don't even read or watch One Piece. Idk, I'm just not that interested in it.

Back to Pandora Hearts: I've just caught up to the manga and yeah, it looks really close to the ending. A lot of things are getting revealed in the last few chapters and it'll probably end sometime this year.

Just a heads up to those planning to read the manga.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    There was this one time back when I started watching anime when I decided "You know, I want to try all these "long mainstream/popular anime" and see if I like or hate any of them". Because I was only watching a few not so popular ones recommended by friends or just plain sports anime so I had no actual idea what the main ones were like.

So I started One Piece, Naruto, Bleach, FMA, Detective Conan - can't remember what else all at the same time, but I remember dropping One Piece and Bleach after the first episode. Just not my type of anime apparently.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    I neither watch nor read it =D

The FMA anime got a second shot, so I mean. lmfao
    But that was pretty much the last rebirth series if you don't consider Sailor Moon and Precure that were more spin-offs than rebirth...
    With modern anime industry and the wave of light novels, I don't feel we will see any rebirth series soon.

We need a new DCC title lol.
    Suggestion: HanaKana is love =D

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    My heart skipped when I saw your avatar, I loved at show, but can't seem to remember the name. I thought I was the only one who watched it aaa.

Edit: ZETSUEN NO TEMPEST

PS, I'm restarting the Pandora Hearts manga today, yayy.

I'm actually just about to start the series. Saw the icon, thought it was intriguing, and now starting the anime haha.

I remember coming to PC when Loki had all those Pandora Hearts theme going around aha

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
    I'm actually just about to start the series. Saw the icon, thought it was intriguing, and now starting the anime haha.

I remember coming to PC when Loki had all those Pandora Hearts theme going around aha

It's pretty good, pretty rare for me to like ALL of the characters in a show. Hopefully you like it owo

Yeah we were talking about it a little earlier in the thread, I think I stopped reading the manga around chapter 20, so I decided to just restart since it's been a while anyway,

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    It's pretty good, pretty rare for me to like ALL of the characters in a show. Hopefully you like it owo

Yeah we were talking about it a little earlier in the thread, I think I stopped reading the manga around chapter 20, so I decided to just restart since it's been a while anyway,

Seems good so far. The characters seem pretty unique too.

Gotcha anzu-chan.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Tempest was such a pretty series, I loved it's art. *^*

And yes, good. @ re-reading pandora hearts

Anyone who dropped that series early on, should give it another go. .w. call me biased.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Tempest was such a pretty series, I loved it's art. *^*

And yes, good. @ re-reading pandora hearts

Anyone who dropped that series early on, should give it another go. .w. call me biased.

I've never finished PH, dropped it long ago, but I'll look into it again. Just need to finish Tempest haha.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    I'm so tempted to pick PH up now but I really want to watch the anime first. Watching too many things rn so I guess it'll have to wait :s

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back