• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
  • Holy fucking shit. You people. Oh my god. I SO want to earn and buy my own stuff badly now. ;____;

All that I possess are 10 volumes of One Piece, a few posters and a Ghost in the Shell T-shirt. That is all. ;____;

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    My boyf reads manga online, then buys the physical copy and never looks at it :P...

I have enough unread books - so I needn't spend more on something that is a quick read online! I prefer to keep up to date too and since every manga I read is ongoing it's not really time to buy physicals yet ><.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • My boyf reads manga online, then buys the physical copy and never looks at it :P...

I think this is one of the things which kinda stops me from buying manga because I know it's just going to go on the shelf (and gather dust) and I'll never read it after the first time.

I think if I were to buy anything merch or anything anime-wise I'd rather buy t-shirts. I have a thing for the graphical type and unlike just buying anime/manga which I can do online, shirts is something I would use on a regular basis.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I think this is one of the things which kinda stops me from buying manga because I know it's just going to go on the shelf (and gather dust) and I'll never read it after the first time.

Hey, they're good for marathons. Sometimes I feel like reading through a manga from the beginning and loading takes a lot of time. Plus, manga sites are blocked here so I took the other way out: buy the physical copy instead.

Still mad that I can never complete FMA and Pandora Hearts though.

Skip Class

Years
  • Hey, they're good for marathons. Sometimes I feel like reading through a manga from the beginning and loading takes a lot of time. Plus, manga sites are blocked here so I took the other way out: buy the physical copy instead.

Still mad that I can never complete FMA and Pandora Hearts though.

You got a point. Though manga sites here aren't blocked and I don't really have a loading time so it's not really a problem for me.

And how come you can't complete FMA and PH? Having trouble finding copies?
    I've only read the first volume of PH back when I started reading manga - because that was the only copy that in the library at that time. Isn't it still ongoing though?

Skip Class

Years
  • I remember they used to load a lot longer for me back when my internet was horrible. Like, I used to load up the next page in another tab which got incredibly annoying once in a while xD

Candy

Years
  • And how come you can't complete FMA and PH? Having trouble finding copies?
    I've only read the first volume of PH back when I started reading manga - because that was the only copy that in the library at that time. Isn't it still ongoing though?

For FMA, I just got enough money to buy manga at a monthly basis at the exact time as the last volume was released. I did managed to get volumes 19-25, but the previous volumes are pretty hard.

And for Pandora Hearts, well vol. 22 said that the next volume is going to be the last. Kinda doubtful, but it looks like it's going to end soon anyway. I'm missing vol. 1-4 and vol. 6-7 for this.

Skip Class

Years
  • That's good to know! I might actually pick up Pandora Hearts and read it sometime when it's done. I've been wanting to get to it ever since finishing the first volume, I just never got to it after all these years.

Have you watched the anime btw? I've heard it's bad if you haven't read the manga before so I've been avoiding reading it till I've watched the anime.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • I think if I were to buy anything merch or anything anime-wise I'd rather buy t-shirts. I have a thing for the graphical type and unlike just buying anime/manga which I can do online, shirts is something I would use on a regular basis.
    T-Shirts are cute but you should not overwear them because the picture gets a bit drained after washing it.

Candy

Years
  • That's good to know! I might actually pick up Pandora Hearts and read it sometime when it's done. I've been wanting to get to it ever since finishing the first volume, I just never got to it after all these years.

Have you watched the anime btw? I've heard it's bad if you haven't read the manga before so I've been avoiding reading it till I've watched the anime.

I assure you, a lot of re-reading will be involved. Especially after chapter 65. Have fun~

And no, I started the manga first since it was kinda shoved on my face by my friend and my sister haha. It's kinda hard to recommend it to people since the whole storyline feels really complicated. As I said, a lot of re-reading will be involved in order to understand what's going on.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I think I might try to read Pandora Hearts again, now that it's nearing its end :0

I've always been bad at remembering to go back to manga for new chapters. That's why I'm super behind on Attack on Titain noooo.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Uuugh, it's so good. Pandora Hearts is the only manga series that I actually bother keeping up with, it just gets so good. Unfortunately, it's anime, which stops when the manga starts getting good, is where a lot of people hear of it from. I feel like it gives it a bad rep. vov

Candy

Years
  • I have no idea on where the anime stops so can someone give me a very brief description of it?

Candy

Years
  • Chapter 32, I believe. I would tell you what happens but I never got that far. Forgot to continue around chapter 20 lmao >w>;

Ah, I see. Yeah, it does seem to end at the point where the manga starts to get good. I might try watching it 'cause why not? Although as a manga reader, I might regret it haha.

I still want to see the cast in animated goodness though.

I'm about 4 chapters behind the latest chapter. I need to start reading again haha. Now that I'm back at college, I'll read as much manga as I can since my college's ISP is not blocking manga sites.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The anime stops somewhere around chapter 20 to 30, and there are about 100 manga chapters atm. Two pretty vital characters only start coming into the anime in like.. literally the final episode. I'm hoping that once the manga is done, another animation studio picks it up and redoes it. The FMA anime got a second shot, so I mean. lmfao

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back