• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Anime dubbed in other languages that aren't Japanese or English are amusing especially when you can understand them.

Indonesia's dubs aren't amusing to me though. More often than not, they're more to the horrible part than amusing in any way lol. So many cut off scenes, the same voice actor over and over again, not to mention they're completely expressionless.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Always wondered what other language dubs that aren't Japanese or English sounded like for other people who could understand a dub in their native language. I mean, I can understand Tagalog but not fully 100% so anime dubs in that language sounded interesting to me xD

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    The dutch sub for the pokémon anime is not bad. Well, it's not the dub that I cringe about. I also remember they used to air Shaman King in dutch, which I liked. Of course, it was edited to be for kids, so no deaths or anything. I think it was also taken of air after 12 or 13 episodes.

Skip Class

Years
    The dutch sub for the pokémon anime is not bad. Well, it's not the dub that I cringe about. I also remember they used to air Shaman King in dutch, which I liked. Of course, it was edited to be for kids, so no deaths or anything. I think it was also taken of air after 12 or 13 episodes.

Wow only after 12/13 episodes :O That sucks. Shaman King was my favourite childhood anime and probably the one of the ones that have the most rewatches on my list. I mean... it was a 4kids english dub, but I really did enjoy it xD I still rewatch it in English too just for nostalgia sake and hearing it in Japanese after watching it in English sounds weird haha
    I feel like watching Shaman King again now

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Wow only after 12/13 episodes :O That sucks. Shaman King was my favourite childhood anime and probably the one of the ones that have the most rewatches on my list. I mean... it was a 4kids english dub, but I really did enjoy it xD I still rewatch it in English too just for nostalgia sake and hearing it in Japanese after watching it in English sounds weird haha
    I feel like watching Shaman King again now

I did a rewatch around new year. Len's voice is terrible in the English dub, that awful accent haha. Yoh's and Morty's voice were great. I really hope that the anime get's the HxH/FMA:B treatment, but I don't think there are many people who were that invested in it. For me it was the series that got me in anime, and I think I finished it 4 times, and I even read like 100 chapters of the manga, which is a lot for me.

Skip Class

Years
    I did a rewatch around new year. Len's voice is terrible in the English dub, that awful accent haha. Yoh's and Morty's voice were great. I really hope that the anime get's the HxH/FMA:B treatment, but I don't think there are many people who were that invested in it. For me it was the series that got me in anime, and I think I finished it 4 times, and I even read like 100 chapters of the manga, which is a lot for me.

Len/Ren's voice wasn't so bad for me, but maybe it was cause I grew up with it. Funny thing for me was that Len was chinese and had the english accent, while Lyserg from London didn't xD

I would love to get a reboot of Shaman King! Especially with that anime only ending (I didn't read the manga ending back then), but it was just so unsatisfying for me seeing as they put off the Shaman tournament saying it was postponed.

Shaman King itself was pretty popular for it's time, but was cancelled suddenly.
    According to wiki, Shaman King got around 26ish million (as of 2011) which isn't too bad whilst HxH and FMA both got around 65ish million (of course idk how accurate that list is, can't find a list with more than a top 10 or 20).

Even more so with Shaman King Flowers still currently being released. I haven't read the manga yet, but I would love to see the sequel of Shaman King get an anime with Asakura Hana. I know that the sequel's apparently ended as well last year.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Len/Ren's voice wasn't so bad for me, but maybe it was cause I grew up with it. Funny thing for me was that Len was chinese and had the english accent, while Lyserg from London didn't xD

I would love to get a reboot of Shaman King! Especially with that anime only ending (I didn't read the manga ending back then), but it was just so unsatisfying for me seeing as they put off the Shaman tournament saying it was postponed.

Shaman King itself was pretty popular for it's time, but was cancelled suddenly.
    According to wiki, Shaman King got around 26ish million (as of 2011) which isn't too bad whilst HxH and FMA both got around 65ish million (of course idk how accurate that list is, can't find a list with more than a top 10 or 20).

Even more so with Shaman King Flowers still currently being released. I haven't read the manga yet, but I would love to see the sequel of Shaman King get an anime with Asakura Hana. I know that the sequel's apparently ended as well last year.

Well, the manga redid the ending as far as I know. I haven't read it yet, but apperantly it is a lot better. Funbari no Uta (a short story about Hana) wouldn't make sense at all with the anime ending. It goes on with the concept of elemental spirits like the Spirit Of Fire, which is the only one in the anime.
    Flowers wouldn't work either, as the way Hao is defeated in the anime wouldn't work with it. For a new series they'd have to redo the whole anime. And it deserves it, there are some many great things about the manga not adapted, as the Luchist/Marco rivalry isn't worked out at all, and the origin of the Arc Angles or Korokoro is neither. The Arc Angels have a very cool one, it's a very minor spoiler, as far as I know, so I'll put it in a spoiler at the bottom.

You are totally right about Lyserg and Len, I didn't even think about that, haha. His voice kinda annoys because it sounds like an American doing the English accent, but I could be wrong for all I know, haha.

Spoiler:

Skip Class

Years
    Well, the manga redid the ending as far as I know. I haven't read it yet, but apperantly it is a lot better. Funbari no Uta (a short story about Hana) wouldn't make sense at all with the anime ending. It goes on with the concept of elemental spirits like the Spirit Of Fire, which is the only one in the anime.
    Flowers wouldn't work either, as the way Hao is defeated in the anime wouldn't work with it. For a new series they'd have to redo the whole anime. And it deserves it, there are some many great things about the manga not adapted, as the Luchist/Marco rivalry isn't worked out at all, and the origin of the Arc Angles or Korokoro is neither. The Arc Angels have a very cool one, it's a very minor spoiler, as far as I know, so I'll put it in a spoiler at the bottom.

You are totally right about Lyserg and Len, I didn't even think about that, haha. His voice kinda annoys because it sounds like an American doing the English accent, but I could be wrong for all I know, haha.

You do have a point. I need to go have a reread of the manga sometime and it's good timing too since I want to read Flowers as well. Shaman King getting a reboot would be awesome, since I feel like a lot of the people I've talked to either haven't watched it or vaguely remember it from their childhood and it deserves a lot more appreciation that it already has. I almost forgot about Funbari no Uta, but that and Flowers would definitely be fun to watch so if there's a reboot, I'd hope they'd include that too because I love Hana's character a lot (and how he's more similar to his mum than to Yoh xD

I still wonder if there was any reason for them giving Len AND his whole family english accents and and not Lyserg.
    Now that I think of it, it was one of Len's younger (anime-only) cousins that I found really annoying xD

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    You do have a point. I need to go have a reread of the manga sometime and it's good timing too since I want to read Flowers as well. Shaman King getting a reboot would be awesome, since I feel like a lot of the people I've talked to either haven't watched it or vaguely remember it from their childhood and it deserves a lot more appreciation that it already has. I almost forgot about Funbari no Uta, but that and Flowers would definitely be fun to watch so if there's a reboot, I'd hope they'd include that too because I love Hana's character a lot (and how he's more similar to his mum than to Yoh xD

I still wonder if there was any reason for them giving Len AND his whole family english accents and and not Lyserg.
    Now that I think of it, it was one of Len's younger (anime-only) cousins that I found really annoying xD

I did not enjoy the anime only family. The younger ones, or Ginny. Most anime only characters weren't that great. I did not enjoy most moments with Lees Five, except for moment where do have to battle Hao, which I found very powerfull. And Millies crush on Lyserg :3. I also found it weird that they changed Hao's name to Zeke in English. I have a hard time believing that a monk from Japan in the 10th century would've been called Zeke.

Skip Class

Years
    I did not enjoy the anime only family. The younger ones, or Ginny. Most anime only characters weren't that great. I did not enjoy most moments with Lees Five, except for moment where do have to battle Hao, which I found very powerfull. And Millies crush on Lyserg :3. I also found it weird that they changed Hao's name to Zeke in English. I have a hard time believing that a monk from Japan in the 10th century would've been called Zeke.

Ginny and her siblings were painful :p

Lees five were okay I guess... but I could without them, they were slightly annoying. Millie was an absolute cutie with her crush on Lyserg. I wasn't highly fond of the five, but Millie was somewhat of an exception. Reminded me about how Lyserg used to be my favourite when I first watched it, but I somewhat started to dislike him a bit the moment he joined the X-laws.

Zeke... out of all the names, they chose Zeke xD

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Ginny and her siblings were painful :p

Lees five were okay I guess... but I could without them, they were slightly annoying. Millie was an absolute cutie with her crush on Lyserg. I wasn't highly fond of the five, but Millie was somewhat of an exception. Reminded me about how Lyserg used to be my favourite when I first watched it, but I somewhat started to dislike him a bit the moment he joined the X-laws.

Zeke... out of all the names, they chose Zeke xD

Ginny was weird, she was introduced as last, so you expect her to be high in the hierarchy, but she was only used for filler episodes.

Millie is my favourite of them. Although I still haven't found out if she's a dwarf or a child. Lees Five also had to most boring guardian spirits and mediums. They were so simple and uninspired.

I think they chose Zeke because it is a douchy name, although Hao still sounds so much better. Also, my apologies to any Zekes who read this.

Skip Class

Years
    Ginny was weird, she was introduced as last, so you expect her to be high in the hierarchy, but she was only used for filler episodes.

Millie is my favourite of them. Although I still haven't found out if she's a dwarf or a child. Lees Five also had to most boring guardian spirits and mediums. They were so simple and uninspired.

I think they chose Zeke because it is a douchy name, although Hao still sounds so much better. Also, my apologies to any Zekes who read this.

Now that you mention it, it is weird that Ginny and siblings were introduced last. Sure... I guess they were kinda strong, but their battle had nothing on Len's father.

Having Yoh as a twin, it sounds better Yoh and Hao than Yoh and Zeke. I wish they kept Hao's name instead of changing it to Zeke... but I guess it's better than having Yoh's name changed too.
    Found it weird that they changed only one letter making Ren to Len. Manta, I personally didn't mind his name changed to Morty - it had a nice ring to it in the dub I guess.

Haha just remembered how they gave Mosuke to Morty in the anime. I mean it was just one scene, but it was pretty entertaining seeing him suddenly get Shaman powers and surprising everyone.

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Now that you mention it, it is weird that Ginny and siblings were introduced last. Sure... I guess they were kinda strong, but their battle had nothing on Len's father.

Having Yoh as a twin, it sounds better Yoh and Hao than Yoh and Zeke. I wish they kept Hao's name instead of changing it to Zeke... but I guess it's better than having Yoh's name changed too.
    Found it weird that they changed only one letter making Ren to Len. Manta, I personally didn't mind his name changed to Morty - it had a nice ring to it in the dub I guess.

Haha just remembered how they gave Mosuke to Morty in the anime. I mean it was just one scene, but it was pretty entertaining seeing him suddenly get Shaman powers and surprising everyone.

Well Ginny battled with them very early on, but she was very easily defeated, and the fact that June and Len obeyed here made them seem weak, even though they weren't. She got no backstory. here guardian ghost didn't look like the usual zombie, so it was very weird.

Well, Zeke was his name in the flashbacks too, so it doesn't have to match up with Yoh's. Still, Zeke is just an American name.

I liked the Morty and Mosuke part, it drew a nice parallel to Yoh and Amidamaru, and they didn't make him a Deus Ex, as they even alluded to it. I thought that was one of the better additions to the series.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    This might be exciting for one of you.

https://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-29689.html

https://moca-news.net/article/20150123/2015012300000a_/01/

声優・花澤香菜さんが実写映画『君がいな くちゃだめなんだ』で初主演&担当!

Voice Actress Hanazawa Kana starred in live action film "Kimi ga inakucha dame nanda / I'm useless without you", also she's in charge of the theme song.
    I wonder for who...

Wow, second live action I have to watch... (read second live action HanaKana is in).
    She is taking live actions by storm, more plz.
    On the other hand, it explains her low number of roles this cour.

And now the expected reaction.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Skip Class

Years
    This might be exciting for one of you.

https://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-29689.html

https://moca-news.net/article/20150123/2015012300000a_/01/

声優・花澤香菜さんが実写映画『君がいな くちゃだめなんだ』で初主演&担当!

Voice Actress Hanazawa Kana starred in live action film "Kimi ga inakucha dame nanda / I'm useless without you", also she's in charge of the theme song.

This is really interesting :D I don't follow many voice actors, but it's awesome when I hear about them doing live actions to see how they act, not just by voice but action too. In terms of voice actors who act in lives I'm only really familiar to mostly Kamiki Ryunosuke (Summer Wars,Howl's Moving Castle, Arrietty etc.) and Nishii Yukito (only did Wolf children for all I know) so it's nice seeing another voice actor act in a live.
    Since it's her first leading role, I'm curious to see who the other people in the cast are too.

Skip Class

Years
    My current goal is to finish watching all my on-hold anime and to try to decrease the amount of anime that I placed on my "to-watch" list along time ago and never ended up touching xD

Ice1

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    I plan to finish every anime that is the Hunter x Hunter 2011 series.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back