• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
Years
  • That would probably be Tokyo Ghoul right now. why.jpg.png

Let me just add that most of the stuff being sold at a convention that I attended last weekend is Tokyo Ghoul... Yeah, idk. Why do people like Tokyo Ghoul that much anyway? cringe.bmp

On the topic of current goals... watch everything on my plan to watch (full list not on MAL) and on-hold lists?

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Let me just add that most of the stuff being sold at a convention that I attended last weekend is Tokyo Ghoul... Yeah, idk. Why do people like Tokyo Ghoul that much anyway? cringe.bmp

Every con or cosplay meetup I've been to or seen pictures of (cause I couldn't go) since the anime came out , everywhere you look there will always be a white haired Kaneki somewhere in an 100m radius. Like, sure TG is good, but people just love it waaaaay too much.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • Who knows? The amount of Survey Corps cosplayers and titans seem to be increasing within every con... but then again, that is SnK.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Who knows? The amount of Survey Corps cosplayers and titans seem to be increasing within every con... but then again, that is SnK.

Really? It seems to be decreasing in number over here. I mean, one time someone tried to group up the ones that cosplayed anything SnK (heard from a friend that cosplays as Levi Ackerman), and the number is still in the teens amongst the huge crowd.

And honestly, I don't see that many people cosplaying as SnK at the convention last weekend. I did find one, but she's a friend of my friend anyway.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun a great. No idea why I skipped this when it was airing.

Nozaki-kun and Barakamon are the 2 top summer anime in my book, and I guess in everyone's books based on the nico-nico popularity rank.

Yeah, now I wonder why you skipped it back then. Although I'm not one to talk since I've only started watching it for real around the middle of Summer 2014.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Did you know it would take roughly 5000 years to watch all anime currently out there at normal speed? There's plenty to watch even if there's nothing good currently airing.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Did you know it would take roughly 5000 years to watch all anime currently out there at normal speed? There's plenty to watch even if there's nothing good currently airing.
    Ouch, guess I can't allow myself to die yet.

Let me just add that most of the stuff being sold at a convention that I attended last weekend is Tokyo Ghoul... Yeah, idk. Why do people like Tokyo Ghoul that much anyway? cringe.bmp
    It's edgy, it's in.

Every con or cosplay meetup I've been to or seen pictures of (cause I couldn't go) since the anime came out , everywhere you look there will always be a white haired Kaneki somewhere in an 100m radius. Like, sure TG is good, but people just love it waaaaay too much.
    I kinda understand the popularity of Kaneki cosplays, you don't need much, just a white wig and you can put a mask to hide your face =D

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years

Does that include intros and endings? :0

Nozaki-kun was great! I don't think another comedy anime made me laugh as much and as sincerely as that one did.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • It includes a number that he pulled out of his arse.

Also the presumption that we speak Japanese, absolutely loads of it is rare and unsubbed.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Yes it does include intros and endings.

And it's not completely from my ass. There's right about 30000 animes out there right now and I averaged them at right about 30 episodes per series and 30 minutes per episode. Just to keep it nice and even.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • Most shows are 23 minutes per episode though, including intros and endings. That, and MAL only lists 7500~ anime, which might not be exact, but it's pretty dang close to it. Closer than 30,000 anyway.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • This is going to be pretty rough but;

60s - 1 - 10 anime series per year
    70s - 10 - 20 anime series per year
    80s - 20 - 30 anime series per year
    90s - 20 - 70 anime series per year
    ----- Lots of short 5 minute per ep series pop up here
    00s - 50 - 150 anime series per year
    10s - 80 - 170 anime series per year so far

Of course there are also films, specials, stand alone OVAs, recaps, music vids and whatever. These are things which take a few minutes to a few hours to watch and you are giving them the same time as full series. I wonder what the actual average amount of episodes for pure tv series would be, the 00s and onwards trend of 1 cour shows would have lowered it dramatically, it is safe to say that 30 eps per series is too many, or it is at least getting that way.

I don't have any figures for how much is translated but it is less than you would think. Although even if you watched everything, with or without subs, even if you hated it, it wouldn't take anywhere near 5000 years.

I get and agree with your point though, there is a huge pool of anime out there so people needn't rely on the current season's offerings.

Just waiting for GATE and Overlord to come out.

When I saw the announcement I knew that this would be right up your alley. No interest in reading the manga but I'll probably give the anime a shot, and then drop it after 5 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
  • When I saw the announcement I knew that this would be right up your alley. No interest in reading the manga but I'll probably give the anime a shot, and then drop it after 5 minutes.

Yeah if you come across more like it in anime format, just link me up. Been focusing more on Manga and LN's lately to look for low or high fantasy anime.

I read the GATE manga and Overlord LN and its OK. The YAMATO DAMASHII in GATE is probably cuz the author is from the JSDF, though the politics is interesting with the Bush expy and ebul Chinese trying to covertly take control because of natural resources ie oil, precious metals etc in the fantasy world. Still I'd have preferred that the longer non-Light Novel version was adapted since it gets in deeper in the Fantasy Roman Empire expy's politics.

Overlord is basically Log Horizon for 1 character and his AI turned alive servants, the hook is that now he's basically a real Lich with a whole base full of OP servants.

I'm guessing the series will get the usual hazing treatment of criticism but I'm just hoping they do a good adaptation considering how botched MaoYuu was a year or so ago.

Sir Codin

Finished watching Now and Then, Here and There and it is a masterpiece, but it's also just so intensely soul-crushing that I feel completely devoid of happiness right now.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • I remember watching that, wouldn't call it a masterpiece but I agree that it was quite the downer.

Comedy suggestions. Gintama, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Nichijou, Daily Lives of Highschool Boys, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back