• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
The title is pretty straight forward. If you want to know how much a specific card is worth, you can ask here.

Remember there is to be no selling on PokéCommunity. This thread is only to ask about the typical value of a card. If you wanna sell, you'll have to find another community online for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
How much is a Tangtowth Lv. X from Platinum Arceus, and the Arceus Lv. X thats also from Platinum Arceus?
These two.
99-tangrowth-lv.x.jpg
arcx95.jpg

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
$10 for the Tangrowth, a little more for the Arceus, between $12-15.

And Ray Maverick, I was talking about Shining Latios, not a regular foil Lugia. Any Shining card (either with "Shining" in the name, or with the star after the name) from the older sets is worth at least $25, usually a lot more.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
here are a few more...any help is much appreciated

I'm assuming the Ninetales from the first image is non-holo, and the Aerodactyl, Nidoking, and Gyarados from the second image are holo.
The ones from the first picture are not worth all that much, you can assume any non-holo rare card from the Base set will go for between .75 cents and $1. The Poliwag is common, it'll probably only get around .10-.25 cents.
Holo Fossil Aerodactyl: $3
Holo Base set Gyarados: $3
Holo Base set Nidoking: $4
Fossil Zapdos: .75-$1
Base set Dugtrio: .75-$1
Japanese Rapidash: .75-$1

These are just realistic prices in my opinion as a collector. People will try to sell cards at whatever price they choose, but if there isn't much demand they won't get it; so these are the prices I would say you could realistically get for them right now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Oh right, it is holo. Well all the holos in Base are around the same value right now, about $3, except Charizard (just because holo Charizards always cost more) and maybe Blastoise, but not by much more if it is.

BigD73ot

Pokemon
Years
Thats cool man....I just found them in the basement and though I would see if they were worth anything. I've got I'm guessing it was the whole set cause I have trainers and energies.

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2010
I have this card (#150) and 2 others just like it (#147, #094) and i have no idea what they are could anyone help me?

Years
Oh right, it is holo. Well all the holos in Base are around the same value right now, about $3, except Charizard (just because holo Charizards always cost more) and maybe Blastoise, but not by much more if it is.

Are you serious? The base holos are worth diddly squat. If anything, a dollar at the very most, and that's being generous. There is no way that a base set holo is worth $3, of ANY currency.

Charizard, like you said, is probably the only exception to that, and you might get a few extra dollars for it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2010
How much are Arceus Lv. X and the two different Tyranitars worth? Sorry, can't post links to other sites yet. Not enough posts. The Arceus I'm talking about is the one with Multitype and Omniscient Pokebodies.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Are you serious? The base holos are worth diddly squat. If anything, a dollar at the very most, and that's being generous. There is no way that a base set holo is worth $3, of ANY currency.

Charizard, like you said, is probably the only exception to that, and you might get a few extra dollars for it.

Yes I am being serious, and if you check Ebay you will see that my quotes are accurate, as Base set holos average at $3(C). As a card dealer, I can assure you that if you offered someone less than $1 for an out-of-print holo Pokemon card, they would laugh at you.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 18, 2024
And Ray Maverick, I was talking about Shining Latios, not a regular foil Lugia. Any Shining card (either with "Shining" in the name, or with the star after the name) from the older sets is worth at least $25, usually a lot more.

Not always; i've seen cheaper shining cards in E-Bay. And it wasn't just any "regular foil Lugia", i was talking about one of the rarest old cards, which are worth many more than $25.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Not always; i've seen cheaper shining cards in E-Bay. And it wasn't just any "regular foil Lugia", i was talking about one of the rarest old cards, which are worth many more than $25.

This is what you said before:
$25-30? You are joking right? I saw a Lugia Foil card $7, and i don't see any other card that's worth $15+So what you say doesn't make any sense.

Now you're saying the exact opposite thing in this post. And if you're familiar with Ebay prices, then you would know that the cheapest Shining Latios card is $24, which is $1 from what I quoted before.

eBay is where people go to find cheap cards, so it's not a very good reference site for selling stuff at their true value.

I would say the opposite though, because a card is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay for it. Even if someone considers a card's "true value" to be $30, for example, and try to sell it at that price, if anyone can get it on Ebay for $20 then that's what the card will sell for. No one will buy the more expensive one, and it'll become an inaccurate representation of what the card goes for on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
How much are original cards worth o_O like when pokemon first came out xD i got like alot of the originals :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back