• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2011
    i have 2
    Ex Dragon Frontiers
    Togetic (delta species
    Holo
    2.Giovannis Machop
    lvl 18
    pre-Ex
    72/132
    the set symbo; looks like a twister

Years
  • Being the only one who actually bothers to do price estimates here, it takes me a while to do these sometimes, especially if my life keeps me busy. (someone please help me with this when someone posts a big long list like this ;; )

How much is my collection approximately worth? I collected Pokemon cards from 1998-2002. I roughly have around 850 cards (not counting energy). They all are in near mint/mint condition. Most of the Holofoils are 2nd edition. Here are my best cards:

Holographic-
    Blastoise Base Set 2 $3-$5
    Dark Arbok x2 $3-5
    Magneton x2 Base Set 2 $1-4
    Chansey Base Set 2 $3-5
    Clefairy Base Set 2 $2-5
    Scyther Base Set 2 $2-3
    Wigglytuff x2 Base Set 2 $1-3
    Dark Slowbro $3-5
    Dark Raichu $5-10
    Nidoking Base Set 2 $2-5
    Sabrina's Gengar $8-12
    Sabrina (Trainer Card) $4-6
    Shining Magikarp $7-12
    Hypno $2-3
    Pidgeot Base Set 2 $3-5
    Venusaur Base Set 2 $6-12
    Poliwrath $3-6
    Mewtwo $3-5
    Dark Weezing $2-5
    Lt. Surge (Trainer Card) $4-6
    Brock's Rhydon $2-4
    Clefable

Rare:
    all these are worth between $1-5, roughly, with the possible exceptions being Computer Search and Super Energy Removal
    Venomoth
    Dark Golbat x3
    Dark Gyarados
    Brock's Protection (Trainer's Card)
    Snorlax
    Dark Arbok x2
    Dark Slowbro
    Computer Search x2 (Trainer's Card)
    Lass x2 (Trainer's Card)
    Super Energy Removal x2 (Trainer's Card)
    Imposter Professor Oak (Trainer's Card)
    Time Capsule (Trainer's Card)
    Pokemon Trader x3 (Trainer's Card)
    Recycle Energy (Energy Card)
    Pokemon Breeder (Trainer's Card)
    Lt. Surge's Raichu
    Dark Dragonite
    Dark Charizard
    Dark Blastoise
    Beedrill
    Pidgeotto
    Clefable
    Hitmontop
    Politoed
    Victreebel
    Brock's Onix
    Dark Weezing
    Celebi
    Unown (G)
    Golem

The other cards are common/uncommon of these sets:

- Base Set 1&2
    - Jungle
    - Fossil
    - Team Rocket
    - Gym Heroes
    - Neo Genesis
    - Neo Discovery
    - Neo Revelation
    - Neo Destiny
    - Legendary Collection

Can someone give me a rough estimate? What can I realistically get for them off Ebay?

Hope these help even a little even though I didn't really bother with the rares themselves. Cut the price of their holo versions in half and you've got the value of the rare version of the card. Oh, and your Clefable is a non-holo version, so I gave the price for that version. Commons and uncommons fetch between $0.25 and $1, usually, depending on each.

i have 2
    Ex Dragon Frontiers
    Togetic (delta species
    Holo
    2.Giovannis Machop
    lvl 18
    pre-Ex
    72/132
    the set symbo; looks like a twister

1. Togetic $1-3

2. That's a freaking common. Not gonna fetch any more than $0.25. It's from Gym Challenge, but not worth selling by itself.

How much is a POP series 5 Espeon * worth?

None listed on eBay right now, but based on other POP Series 5 rares, it'd be about $4-6.

Years
  • How much is the Black Charizrd* card, "Shining Charizard" card, and Mewtwo* card?

Charizard * Delta Species fetches $60-90 depending on the condition and whether it's PSA graded or not (saw a PSA graded one going for $130). Probably affected by the "Charizard Premium".

Shining Charizard $40-70. Probably affected by the "Charizard Premium", but I dropped the range when I saw one going as low as $20.

Mewtwo * $30-50. Holy crap there's now a "Mewtwo Premium" effect for cards. o_o;;

pmarckoue

CAN IT BE!?
    Years
  • Ohhh ok. I also would like to know, did they reprint the Empoleon Lv. X? I have the one that says "Poke-Body: Supreme Command" instead of "Poke-Power." So I was wondering if that's considered an error and if it could be worth more than a reprint, if they made one.

Years
  • That was an error in the initial print runs, according to Bulbapedia, so, in theory, it could be worth more, and it does seem that the error version goes for about $3 more than the proper version. $10-14 for the error version and $7-11 for the proper version, and the tin promo goes for between $4-8.

GH0

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    So, I know I am a new member, but I have been looking for rough prices on numerous amounts of cards. I have thousands, from the base set to the one of the latest.

Along with the price guide, is there a list of what icon belongs to what set? I don't know what some of these sets even are anymore. I remember the first four, but after that, I can't remember some of them.

Anyways, here are some of the cards that I have been trying to find accurate prices on.

(Sorry, but none of these will be in order)

Pre-Release/Black Star Promo
    Dark Gyarados (Pre-release)
    Misty's Seadra (Pre-release)
    #2 GroudonEX
    #11 Eevee
    #21 Moltres
    #39 Misdreavus
    #12 Mewtwo
    #26 Pikachu
    #8 Mew
    #14 Mewtwo
    #52 Ho-oh
    #15 Cool Porygon
    #30 Togepi
    #3 Mewtwo
    #51 Rapidash
    #17 Dark Persian
    #34 Entei
    #2 Electabuzz
    #38 Unown J
    #36 Igglybuff
    #27 Pikachu
    #25 Flying Pikachu
    #1 Pikachu
    #2 Electabuzz
    #5 Dragonite
    #25 Zapdos
    #22 Articuno
    #24 _______'s Pikachu (Happy Birthday Pikachu)
    #1 KyrogeEX
    #?? Ancient Mew

Miss-print/Error Cards
    1st Edition Dark Raichu
    1st Edition Shining Magikarp
    Shining Gyarados
    1st Edition Jungle Electrode

Japanese Cards
    (see attached images)
    I have more, so I will do them in sets I guess, until I can reach 15 posts.

Base Set (not second release)
    1st Edition Raichu
    Pidgeotto
    Chansey (Holo)
    Alakazam (Holo)
    Ninetails (Holo)
    Electabuzz
    Electrode
    Poliwrath
    Blastoise (Holo)
    Red-Cheeked Pikachu
    Yellow-Cheeked Pikachu
    Dugtrio
    Hitmonchan (Holo)
    Hitmonlee (Holo)
    1st Edition Machamp
    Zapdos (Holo)
    Mr. Mime (Holo)
    Mewtwo (Holo)
    1st Edition Computer Search
    Computer Search
    Super Energy Removal
    Clefairy Doll
    Lass
    Pokemon Breeder
    Devolution Spray
    Item Finder
    Beedrill
    Gyarados

If I can get a list of what icons represent which pack, then I can go from there, and get a better card listing.

I guess I can't host pictures to other sites of what some cards look like if I don't know their base set. :\

Attachments

• CoroCoro Mew.jpg
      CoroCoro Mew.jpg
      300.5 KB · Views: 4
    • Japanese Charizard.jpg
      Japanese Charizard.jpg
      304.1 KB · Views: 3
    • Light Dragonite.jpg
      Light Dragonite.jpg
      236 KB · Views: 2
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2011
    Base + Jungle + Fossil worth?

Hi there,

First of all I'll introduce myself. I'm David and I WAS an avid pokemon fanatic way back when. My interest in pokemon, like most, disintegrated with age and now I find myself hoarding a bunch of pokemon related items that I am wanting shut of.

I'm telling you all this because I don't want to lie and say I'm going to be a regular visitor. I can't promise that at all. I'm just here after some information from people who know what they are talking about - YOU!

Anyway, back to my 'story'.
    I managed to shift a lot of my things - The selling of Nintendos and games. I gave most of the plush toys to some nieces and nephews. However, there is just one thing remaining that I can't get shut of... My Pokemon Card Collection (PICTURES ATTACHED).

I have a nice collection of Pokemon cards. Sure, it is only of the "original" 151 Pokemon but they are all in perfect condition with a lot of Shineys included too. Other than one card the collection is complete. I have tried to sell them on ebay with no luck at all. I just don't seem to be getting any interest in them. Have I missed anything? Have I overvalued them? Is there anywhere else I should consider selling them?

I would hate for them to go for "peanuts". After all, we all know how much it costs to put such a collection together. How many booster packs were opened, the agony of getting another bloody Magicarp and of course the sheer glee that ran through the bloodstream when I revealed a Shiney Charizard! These are more than just colourful printed paper... It was once a way of life, and an expensive one at that.

Thanks for reading, any advice is welcome.

My Collection:

SHINEY/HOLO CARDS:
    1. VENUSAUR
    2. CHARIZARD
    3. BLASTOISE
    4. PIDGEOT
    5. RAICHU
    6. NIDOQUEEN
    7. NIDOKING
    8. CLEFABLE
    9. NINETALES
    10. VILEPLUME
    11. VENOMOTH
    12. POLIWRATH
    13. ALAKAZAM
    14. MACHAMP (1ST EDITION)
    15. VICTREEBEL
    16. MAGNETON
    17. HYPNO
    18. ELECTRODE
    19. HITMONCHAN
    20. CHANSEY
    21. KANGASKHAN
    22. MR, MIME
    23. SCYTHER
    24. PINSIR
    25. GYARADOS
    26. LAPRAS
    27. VAPOREON
    28. JOLTEON
    29. AERODACTYL (PRE-RELEASE, 1ST EDITION)
    30. SNORLAX
    31. ZAPDOS
    32. MEWTWO
    33. ANCIENT MEW
    34. GIOVANNI'S GYARADOS
    35. DARK ARBOCK
    36. ROCKETS SNEAK ATTACK (TRAINER)

Attachments

• DCXPokemon1.zip
      1.9 MB · Views: 3
    • DCXPokemon2.zip
      1.9 MB · Views: 1
    • DCXPokemon3.zip
      752.1 KB · Views: 1
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2011
    The Base set cards are Base Set 1.

It's more of a "Set" than a collection. There are a total of 245 Cards - 152 of which consist of the "Original 151" (Including Ancient Mew). The rest of the cards are a mixture of Doubles, Trainers, Energy, Trainer owned Pokemon and Rocket Cards.

Years
  • So, I know I am a new member, but I have been looking for rough prices on numerous amounts of cards. I have thousands, from the base set to the one of the latest.

Along with the price guide, is there a list of what icon belongs to what set? I don't know what some of these sets even are anymore. I remember the first four, but after that, I can't remember some of them.

Anyways, here are some of the cards that I have been trying to find accurate prices on.

(Sorry, but none of these will be in order)

Pre-Release/Black Star Promo
    Dark Gyarados (Pre-release)
    Misty's Seadra (Pre-release)
    #2 GroudonEX
    #11 Eevee
    #21 Moltres
    #39 Misdreavus
    #12 Mewtwo
    #26 Pikachu
    #8 Mew
    #14 Mewtwo
    #52 Ho-oh
    #15 Cool Porygon
    #30 Togepi
    #3 Mewtwo
    #51 Rapidash
    #17 Dark Persian
    #34 Entei
    #2 Electabuzz
    #38 Unown J
    #36 Igglybuff
    #27 Pikachu
    #25 Flying Pikachu
    #1 Pikachu
    #2 Electabuzz
    #5 Dragonite
    #25 Zapdos
    #22 Articuno
    #24 _______'s Pikachu (Happy Birthday Pikachu)
    #1 KyrogeEX
    #?? Ancient Mew

Miss-print/Error Cards
    1st Edition Dark Raichu
    1st Edition Shining Magikarp
    Shining Gyarados
    1st Edition Jungle Electrode

Japanese Cards
    (see attached images)
    I have more, so I will do them in sets I guess, until I can reach 15 posts.

Base Set (not second release)
    1st Edition Raichu
    Pidgeotto
    Chansey (Holo)
    Alakazam (Holo)
    Ninetails (Holo)
    Electabuzz
    Electrode
    Poliwrath
    Blastoise (Holo)
    Red-Cheeked Pikachu
    Yellow-Cheeked Pikachu
    Dugtrio
    Hitmonchan (Holo)
    Hitmonlee (Holo)
    1st Edition Machamp
    Zapdos (Holo)
    Mr. Mime (Holo)
    Mewtwo (Holo)
    1st Edition Computer Search
    Computer Search
    Super Energy Removal
    Clefairy Doll
    Lass
    Pokemon Breeder
    Devolution Spray
    Item Finder
    Beedrill
    Gyarados

If I can get a list of what icons represent which pack, then I can go from there, and get a better card listing.

I guess I can't host pictures to other sites of what some cards look like if I don't know their base set. :\

Holy crap that's a lot of cards to price. ._.;; (It takes me around 3 minutes per card and I would have to spend an hour pricing your cards). I'll try pricing these later in the week, though if someone else in this forum wants to try pricing them for you, then I will let them do it.

Hi there,

First of all I'll introduce myself. I'm David and I WAS an avid pokemon fanatic way back when. My interest in pokemon, like most, disintegrated with age and now I find myself hoarding a bunch of pokemon related items that I am wanting shut of.

I'm telling you all this because I don't want to lie and say I'm going to be a regular visitor. I can't promise that at all. I'm just here after some information from people who know what they are talking about - YOU!

Anyway, back to my 'story'.
    I managed to shift a lot of my things - The selling of Nintendos and games. I gave most of the plush toys to some nieces and nephews. However, there is just one thing remaining that I can't get shut of... My Pokemon Card Collection (PICTURES ATTACHED).

I have a nice collection of Pokemon cards. Sure, it is only of the "original" 151 Pokemon but they are all in perfect condition with a lot of Shineys included too. Other than one card the collection is complete. I have tried to sell them on ebay with no luck at all. I just don't seem to be getting any interest in them. Have I missed anything? Have I overvalued them? Is there anywhere else I should consider selling them?

I would hate for them to go for "peanuts". After all, we all know how much it costs to put such a collection together. How many booster packs were opened, the agony of getting another bloody Magicarp and of course the sheer glee that ran through the bloodstream when I revealed a Shiney Charizard! These are more than just colourful printed paper... It was once a way of life, and an expensive one at that.

Thanks for reading, any advice is welcome.

My Collection:

SHINEY/HOLO CARDS:
    1. VENUSAUR
    2. CHARIZARD
    3. BLASTOISE
    4. PIDGEOT
    5. RAICHU
    6. NIDOQUEEN
    7. NIDOKING
    8. CLEFABLE
    9. NINETALES
    10. VILEPLUME
    11. VENOMOTH
    12. POLIWRATH
    13. ALAKAZAM
    14. MACHAMP (1ST EDITION)
    15. VICTREEBEL
    16. MAGNETON
    17. HYPNO
    18. ELECTRODE
    19. HITMONCHAN
    20. CHANSEY
    21. KANGASKHAN
    22. MR, MIME
    23. SCYTHER
    24. PINSIR
    25. GYARADOS
    26. LAPRAS
    27. VAPOREON
    28. JOLTEON
    29. AERODACTYL (PRE-RELEASE, 1ST EDITION)
    30. SNORLAX
    31. ZAPDOS
    32. MEWTWO
    33. ANCIENT MEW
    34. GIOVANNI'S GYARADOS
    35. DARK ARBOCK
    36. ROCKETS SNEAK ATTACK (TRAINER)

Merged your thread with our official pricing thread.

As for why they don't sell, it's highly possible you're overpricing them on eBay. People go to eBay to look for single cards that are cheaper than at the online stores that sell singles. I do base my pricings off of eBay, but I also base them off of how much I'd be willing to pay as a collector based off of the prices that are posted on eBay.

GH0

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2015
    Yeah, that is a bit of my problem. I have so many cards ranging from when I was 8 or so to now, and I need some extra money, so I was trying to find accurate prices. While pojo works for while, and so was searching up ebay, I have found that it is generally inaccurate or too wildly fluctuating to base off of that.

Oh, and I have more. ;)

Do you happen to know of a good list that tells me what icon/image goes to what set? Especially for the newer ones?

Hybird Mess

The Northen Light
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    How much are cards that say "childerens WB presents The first pokemon Movie" ? aha as i have a dragonite and mewtwo with it on them ?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back