• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2012
Charizard reverse holo 3/110

I was wondering how much this card is worth. I'm looking to sell it. It's the Charizard card that is completely holographic. I know it's very rare.

Many thanks :D

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
Years
I'm not a TCG player, I just randomly because of an impulse bought a random booster >.>

I checked up what I got there, saw "Oh, this thing shines" and I'm curious If It's worth anything xD

Spoiler:

Years
What is the value of these!
The site is having issues loading your attachments, so I'll see if they work later today and get prices up then.
Hi, I'm wondering about the value of my (base set 2) double colorless energy card and how much it's worth.

I found it on pokemon-cards.net for 5.99$ but mine has some obvious signs of use.

Also my Full Heal Energy card

My Metal Energy card

My Boost Energy card

And my Multi Energy card

Yes these are the exact same versions, I checked the number on the bottom right and the code on the bottom left and compared with real life.

DCE: $4-$6. Selling sites charge a bit more than you can find it for on eBay (or, for that matter, how much they themselves would buy it for) so that they can make enough of a profit to support their payroll.

Full Heal Energy: $1.

Special Metal Energy from EX: Ruby and Sapphire : $2-$4

Boost Energy: $1-$2.

Multi Energy $1-$2.

Hello! I just went thru loads of old stuff in my previous room and I found my big pile of pokemon cards!

I would like to sell them all asap since I have no interest in keeping them nor collecting!

Would be very glad to receive some kind of feedback about my cards!

Id say I have a couple hundred cards but some are shiny and different from the others.

"Shiny? NO idea what to call them, the ones with a shiny portrait"

Anyway:

Shiny Magneton 9/102
Shiny Gyarados 6/102
Shiny Chansey 3/102
Shiny Blastoise 2/102
About 70/102 cards from that set.

Shiny Hoppip 83/147
Shiny Victrebeel 14/64
Shiny Wailmer 48/109 (looks fake)
Mewtwo (looks fake aswell)
Shiny Dark Porygon2 8/105
Shiny Muk 13/62
Shiny Flareon 3/64
Shining(!) Kabutops 108/105 with 3 stars o.O
Shiny Aerodactyl 1/62
Shiny Skarmory 13/111
Shiny Heracross 6/111
Shiny Yanma 17/75
Shiny Dark Typhlosion 10/105
Shiny Dark Scizor 9/105

As said, with SHINY i mean the portrait looks shiny xD

I also have about 13 Unown!

Sorry for being such a noob here but I just want to get to know some prices!

Shiny = holofoil. (b'-')b

The value of the Base Set cards (the ones in the set with 102 cards) depends on whether they're first edition cards or not. Same goes for Victreebel, Dark Porygon2, Muk, Flareon, Shining Kabutops (yes this is a rare card), Aerodactyl, Skarmory, Yanma, Heracross, Dark Typhlosion, and Dark Scizor. How you can tell if they're first edition is if they have a 1 in a black circle on to the bottom left of the picture.

As for Wailmer and Mewtwo, I doubt they're fakes. Post pictures of them as an attachment to your next post.

And I can't price those Unown without knowing which ones they are and whether they are first edition cards or not.

How much would a near mint condition Alakazam Gold Star & a Mint Pikachu Gold star go for?

Ungraded, that Alakazam Gold Star fetches around $30 at the moment.

Pikachu Gold Star seems to be going for $45-$60.

I have got some German edition 1 cards

Rocket set cards
Porygon 48/82, Machollo 59/82(machop) also called the" moondance" machop
Dunkles Rattikarl 51/82(Dark raticate), Voltobal 69/82 (voltorb), Flegmon 67/82 (Slowpoke)
Schiggy 68/82(squirtle)
Trainer " Hier kommt Team Rocket" 71/82 (Here comes Team Rocket)
Trainer "Die Rache des falschen Professors" 76/82 (revenge of the imposter)
Fossile

Entoron 35/62
(Gambler )Spieler60/62
Sleima 48/62

Base set
Falscher Prof Eich (imposter oak) 73/102

Neo genesis
engl. Snubbul 74/111
engl. Hoothoot 60/111

chikorita 53/111
ledian 39/111
(german again ) Duflor 36/111

Also what is the general value of league promos(aka Promo cards that were given out at league events?)

Promos
Spoiler:

holographic cards
Spoiler:

foiled and normal star cards
Spoiler:

Sweet mercy that's a lot of cards! I'll get back to you on those, since German cards tend to be rare on the English eBay, and therefore I will not be able to get prices on many of these, particularly the commons.

I've been looking at my old Pokemon cards and wondering what the price for a mint 1st edition base set Alakazam and mint 1st edition base set red cheek Pikachu are worth?

Alakazam: $40-$60.
Pikachu: $6-$10.

I've been searching for a steady value of a ______'s Pikachu, better known as Birthday Pikachu, but I've seen prices range from 3$ to 500$. Does anyone know how much this card is wordt 0.o'?

That's because of things like PSA grading or Beckett grading (which certifies that it's the genuine article AND what condition it's in). Ungraded, that card fetches around $15. Graded by one of the grading agencies, it seems to fetch upwards of $75.

I was wondering how much this card is worth. I'm looking to sell it. It's the Charizard card that is completely holographic. I know it's very rare.

Many thanks :D

Uh... which Charizard? Post a picture of it as an attachment to your next post in this thread. I can't tell which Charizard it is since a lot of them are "completely holographic" because of something called a reverse holofoil.

I'm not a TCG player, I just randomly because of an impulse bought a random booster >.>

I checked up what I got there, saw "Oh, this thing shines" and I'm curious If It's worth anything xD

Spoiler:

That Lugia fetches between $10 and $15.

SibiSabora

Ace Trainer
Years
Hey. I have an original diglet pocket monster card in japanese and I was wondering what it's worth. I also have a 23 karat gold-plated pikachu card, which is still in it's casing. thanks, message if you can, cause I will most likely forget to check the forum.

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
I've been wanting to sell my old pokemon cards for a while but wanted to know the value of them. I have about 700+ from the base, jungle, fossil and rocket sets. About 180 shadowless and a few misprints.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Quick question. What is worth more? Both in good to mint condition

Dragonite Holo 1st edition or a Normal Charizard?.

Years
Hey. I have an original diglet pocket monster card in japanese and I was wondering what it's worth. I also have a 23 karat gold-plated pikachu card, which is still in it's casing. thanks, message if you can, cause I will most likely forget to check the forum.

A Japanese Diglett would probably be worth $1-$2, depending on which Diglett it is (could be the Diglett from the Team Rocket set).

It could fetch anywhere between $15 and $30 depending on its condition, what price your competition is selling at, and who is currently looking for one.

I've been wanting to sell my old pokemon cards for a while but wanted to know the value of them. I have about 700+ from the base, jungle, fossil and rocket sets. About 180 shadowless and a few misprints.

Spoiler:

I'll price out your cards later, and I'll do it in small bunches, as that is a lot of freaking cards to price in one go (it'd probably take me 6 hours to price them all at once).

Quick question. What is worth more? Both in good to mint condition

Dragonite Holo 1st edition or a Normal Charizard?.

Is it a Fossil Dragonite? Or is it from another set? And is the Charizard a shadowless Charizard or not?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
1st Edition Fossil Dragonite V Normal Charizard (Not Shadowless (99% sure) or 1st edition stamped)

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2012
I'll price out your cards later, and I'll do it in small bunches, as that is a lot of freaking cards to price in one go (it'd probably take me 6 hours to price them all at once).

Thanks. You don't have to worry about any that aren't worth that much. Just asking to see if any are worth a couple dollars or more.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
Ran into someone interested in buying some of my foils. I have been away from the game for many years and have no idea what the market is like now. What should I be asking for this stuff and what cards are worth a significant amount?
-Thanks

Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Apr 15, 2012
I was looking through my cards, and picked out some of the old holos I found. They may no longer be competitivly viable, but I wondered how much (if anything) they'd be worth.

Light Vaporeon Neo Destiny 52
Light Jolteon Neo Destiny 48
Holographic Vaporeon Jungle 12
Holographic/Shiny Zapdos Fossil 15
Holo/Shiny Mewtwo Base Set 10
Holo Kangaskhan Jungle 5
Holo Chansey Base Set 3

Images here: http://imageshack.us/g/859/dscf0782.jpg/

Years
Pocket monster japanese 1996

i got a bunch of Japanese pocket monster cards and they're in kenji so ill just give the no. and i was wondering how much they are

no.001 lvl.15 no.046 lvl.8 no.027 lvl.20 no.016 lvl.15
no.004 lvl.9 no.102 lvl.15 no.028 lvl.33 no.137 lvl.20
no.004 lvl.16 no.074 lvl.15 no.028 lvl.34 no.147 lvl. 12
no.048 lvl.12 no.076 lvl.36 no.072 lvl.16 no.053 lvl.25
no.109 lvl.12 no.140 lvl.9 no.118 lvl.10 no.022 lvl. 27
no.043 lvl.21 no.050 lvl.15 no.119 lvl.28 no.021 lvl.13
no.070 lvl.26 no.095 lvl.41 no.055 lvl.23 no.019 lvl.7
no.029 lvl.13 no.104 lvl.13 no.116 lvl.10 no.097 lvl.10.
no.046 lvl.17 no.105 lvl.26 no.100 lvl.12
no.030 lvl.35 no.056 lvl.7 no.081 lvl.12
no.089 lvl.25 no.056 lvl.12 no.081 lvl.12
no.041 lvl.10 no.027 lvl.20 no.085 lvl.28

I also have three southern Island packs that are also Japanese pocket monster kenji. The pocket monsters in it are Rainbow Island: jigglypuff,ledyba and butterfree. Tropical Island: lickitung , Vileplume and primeape with a venomoth. then another Tropical island with: exeguttor , bellsprout /slowking /psyduck, horsea /wartortle.
I aslo have a bunch of trainer cards and pokedex cards with poke disc
ALSO: the cards are in perfect condition

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2012
Hey, wondering what a misprint (if its even one) card is worth. I have a Vaporeon and as you can see in the name, its missing the "n" in Vaporeon. EDIT: well never mind, the pics are horrible. but atleast you can tell what vaporeon it is...it is a holo card, if you couldnt tell.

EDIT 2: there is no " ' " over the e in pokemon in certain places. :( that means fake right?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2012
Hey guys, this is my first ever post on these forums.
Just bought a theme deck over a week ago (my first time buying pokemon cards since 1999! And even then I only had like 5 lol)... I've been learning how to play the TCG, what the differences are between sets, expansions, booster packs, etc. and I think I'm okay for a beginner.
ANYWAYS, a friend of mine was wondering what the worth is of his collection. He has only the first edition prints of the entire first generation, and all final evolution cards are holos. I'm not sure about the other cards he has like trainer cards and stuff, or what doubles he may have.

Thanks guys!

Years

Spoiler:

Alakazam: $8 to $12
Blastoise: $30 to $40
Chansey: $4 to $6
Clefairy: $30 to $40

Top row, first image:

Alakazam: $6 to $10
Gyarados: $3 to $5
Pinsir: $3 to $5
Venusaur: $10 to $20
The Rocket's Trap: $3 to $5
Rocket's Sneak Attack: $3 to $5

Rest will be priced later.

1st Edition Fossil Dragonite V Normal Charizard (Not Shadowless (99% sure) or 1st edition stamped)

Dragonite: $10 to $20
Charizard: $20 to $30

Thanks. You don't have to worry about any that aren't worth that much. Just asking to see if any are worth a couple dollars or more.

A lot of them seem to be worth a few dollars or so. Got the first batch priced out earlier in this post.

Ran into someone interested in buying some of my foils. I have been away from the game for many years and have no idea what the market is like now. What should I be asking for this stuff and what cards are worth a significant amount?
-Thanks

Spoiler:

I'd have to know what some of your two letter condition abbreviations mean. I recognize most of them, but I'm not exactly sure what "MP" means.

How much are these worth?

Those don't look like legit cards with that Japanese text where the HP total is supposed to be (that part is actually in English on Japanese cards).

I was looking through my cards, and picked out some of the old holos I found. They may no longer be competitivly viable, but I wondered how much (if anything) they'd be worth.

Light Vaporeon Neo Destiny 52
Light Jolteon Neo Destiny 48
Holographic Vaporeon Jungle 12
Holographic/Shiny Zapdos Fossil 15
Holo/Shiny Mewtwo Base Set 10
Holo Kangaskhan Jungle 5
Holo Chansey Base Set 3

Images here: http://imageshack.us/g/859/dscf0782.jpg/

Light Vaporeon: $0.50 to $1
Light Jolteon $0.50 to $1
Vaporeon: $3 to $5
Zapdos: $2 to $4
Mewtwo: $5 to $10
Kangaskhan: $2 to $4
Chansey: $5 to $10

i got a bunch of Japanese pocket monster cards and they're in kenji so ill just give the no. and i was wondering how much they are

no.001 lvl.15 no.046 lvl.8 no.027 lvl.20 no.016 lvl.15
no.004 lvl.9 no.102 lvl.15 no.028 lvl.33 no.137 lvl.20
no.004 lvl.16 no.074 lvl.15 no.028 lvl.34 no.147 lvl. 12
no.048 lvl.12 no.076 lvl.36 no.072 lvl.16 no.053 lvl.25
no.109 lvl.12 no.140 lvl.9 no.118 lvl.10 no.022 lvl. 27
no.043 lvl.21 no.050 lvl.15 no.119 lvl.28 no.021 lvl.13
no.070 lvl.26 no.095 lvl.41 no.055 lvl.23 no.019 lvl.7
no.029 lvl.13 no.104 lvl.13 no.116 lvl.10 no.097 lvl.10.
no.046 lvl.17 no.105 lvl.26 no.100 lvl.12
no.030 lvl.35 no.056 lvl.7 no.081 lvl.12
no.089 lvl.25 no.056 lvl.12 no.081 lvl.12
no.041 lvl.10 no.027 lvl.20 no.085 lvl.28

I also have three southern Island packs that are also Japanese pocket monster kenji. The pocket monsters in it are Rainbow Island: jigglypuff,ledyba and butterfree. Tropical Island: lickitung , Vileplume and primeape with a venomoth. then another Tropical island with: exeguttor , bellsprout /slowking /psyduck, horsea /wartortle.
I aslo have a bunch of trainer cards and pokedex cards with poke disc
ALSO: the cards are in perfect condition

Those are going to be pretty difficult to price since I still have to search out their English names. If you can recognize the Pokemon and the sets they cards are from, that'd be a great help. Pricing takes long enough as it is without trying to figure out which exact card someone is talking about.

As for the Southern Islands/Tropical Islands stuff, I'll get back to you on those. The Japanese versions are a little hard to find on English eBay.

Hey, wondering what a misprint (if its even one) card is worth. I have a Vaporeon and as you can see in the name, its missing the "n" in Vaporeon. EDIT: well never mind, the pics are horrible. but atleast you can tell what vaporeon it is...it is a holo card, if you couldnt tell.

EDIT 2: there is no " ' " over the e in pokemon in certain places. :( that means fake right?

I do believe that it would be a fake. If you can get better pictures, that'd be nice, but it does most likely mean it's a fake.

Hey guys, this is my first ever post on these forums.
Just bought a theme deck over a week ago (my first time buying pokemon cards since 1999! And even then I only had like 5 lol)... I've been learning how to play the TCG, what the differences are between sets, expansions, booster packs, etc. and I think I'm okay for a beginner.
ANYWAYS, a friend of mine was wondering what the worth is of his collection. He has only the first edition prints of the entire first generation, and all final evolution cards are holos. I'm not sure about the other cards he has like trainer cards and stuff, or what doubles he may have.

Thanks guys!

I can't price them if I don't have specific cards named, as he might have cards of all 151 original Pokemon but not all of the Pokemon from the first several sets.

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2012
NM - Near Mint
SP - Slightly Played
MP - Moderately Played
HP - Heavily Played
I'd have to know what some of your two letter condition abbreviations mean. I recognize most of them, but I'm not exactly sure what "MP" means.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2012
Those don't look like legit cards with that Japanese text where the HP total is supposed to be (that part is actually in English on Japanese cards).

Now that I look at the picture, I realized I took it with Photo Booth on my Macbook, so the cards are mirrored. They are legitimate cards, but I can almost never find the two PLAY cards online, so I'm not sure how much they are worth.

Years
I got all these Pokemon Cards to sell and I need to price check

Fire Energy x16
Grass Energy x18
Water Energy x10
Dark Energy x6
Fight Energy x8
Metal Energy x6

64 ENERGY CARDS

Magneton L.35 x2
Magnemite L.10 x4

Medicham L.42 x1
Meditite L.19 x4

Heracross L.29 x1

Pokedex x2
Super Scoop Up x2
Energy Switch x2
Energy Search x6
Potion x6
Rival x4
PlusPower x2
Double Full Heal x1
Pokeball x4
Night Pokemon Center x1
Professor Rowan x1
Quick Ball x1

30 NONPOKEMON CARDS

Hippopotas L.23 x4
Hippowdon L.45 x1

Torterra (Holo) L.45 x1
Infernape (Holo) L.40 x1
Empoleon (Holo) L.42 x1

Piplup L.9 x4
Prinplup L.20 x2

Buizel L.10 x4
Floatzel L.29 x1

------------------------------

Turtwig L.10 x4
Grotle L.21 x2

Chimchar L.8 x4
Monferno L.18 x2

Snorunt (Holo) L.14 x1
Spheal L.17 x1
Teddirusa L.20 x1
Magby L.5 x1
Happiny L.8 x1

Sneasel L.21 x4

Electrike L.16 x1

Cranidos L.24 x1

Goldeen L.14 x2

Wurmple L.7 x4
Silcoon L.8 x2
Beautifly L.29 x1

Ponyta L.12 x4
Rapidash L.34 x2

Hoothoot L.7 x4
Noctowl L.40 x1

Snover L.20 x1
Abomanow L.40 x1

Starly L.8 x2

Combee L.8 x4

Stunky L.17 x2

4 HOLO CARDS

4 NON STARTER NON HOLO CARDS

76 POKEMON CARDS

So, all of this is all notes. Every card was from the Diamond and Pearl era (i.e. 2007). I think that this is all around $95, but I'm wondering what everyone else thinks. So, what is the price of all 178 of these cards?

Years
Now that I look at the picture, I realized I took it with Photo Booth on my Macbook, so the cards are mirrored. They are legitimate cards, but I can almost never find the two PLAY cards online, so I'm not sure how much they are worth.

I know the Coro Coro one (the one that looks like the older style of cards) fetches between $25 and $50, but I don't recognize the other two with them being mirrored like that. It might help me identify them if you flip them.

NM - Near Mint
SP - Slightly Played
MP - Moderately Played
HP - Heavily Played

Alright. Can't exactly give prices based on condition, as the listings at the places I scour don't usually specify condition (and I don't really know of any site that does prices based on condition), but you can generally assume that there's a dramatic drop-off from near mint to slightly played on most of the cards. Since the common price range on eBay is probably what you can expect to get for them unless you're some sort of wizard salesman, I primarily use eBay. Was gonna price out the first few, but I'd like you to specify which of those Base Set ones are shadowless (meaning there's no shadow behind the card picture and the HP font isn't bolded). Whether it's shadowless or not when it comes to the Base Set cards is kind of important because it impacts the card's value.

First image, row two:
Venomoth: $3 to $6
Magneton: $2 to $4
Chansey: $4 to $6
Here Comes Team Rocket: $1 to $3
Dark Arbok: $2 to $4
Dark Machamp: $2 to $4

Spoiler:

Hitmonchan: $2 to $4
Machamp: $8 to $10
Mewtwo $15 to $20
Ninetales: $15 to $20

So, all of this is all notes. Every card was from the Diamond and Pearl era (i.e. 2007). I think that this is all around $95, but I'm wondering what everyone else thinks. So, what is the price of all 178 of these cards?

$95 is a little hopeful for that collection. Just eyeballing it and not noticing any standout cards, I'd probably say that, at best, you could get $65 (if you're insanely lucky), but you're far more likely to fetch $35 to $45 for those, maybe even less. A lot of those are commons that most people wouldn't pay more than $0.25 for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back