• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Official "How much is this card worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I was robbed as a child...

Does anyone remember a Mewtwo card that had three attacks on it? I had that card in Japanese. Here's a pic,
180px-RocketMewtwoGymChallenge14.jpg

I also had a Japanese Charizard card. When I traded for it, the guy was really cautious about handling the card. He kept it in a cardboard box with tissue paper. He told me it was extremely rare and only a few of those were made... here's a pic of that one.
180px-CharizardNeoPremiumFile2.jpg

Long story short, those two cards, along with other cards were stolen from me when I was in grade school. Just looking back and remembering about that, I was wondering if you guys knew if either of those two cards had any value back in the day?

Years
Does anyone remember a Mewtwo card that had three attacks on it? I had that card in Japanese. Here's a pic,
180px-RocketMewtwoGymChallenge14.jpg

I also had a Japanese Charizard card. When I traded for it, the guy was really cautious about handling the card. He kept it in a cardboard box with tissue paper. He told me it was extremely rare and only a few of those were made... here's a pic of that one.
180px-CharizardNeoPremiumFile2.jpg

Long story short, those two cards, along with other cards were stolen from me when I was in grade school. Just looking back and remembering about that, I was wondering if you guys knew if either of those two cards had any value back in the day?

Moved your post the appropriate thread. Those cards certainly did have value back in the day (otherwise a Japanese Rocket's Mewtwo wouldn't be sitting at about $9 for one from a seller today), but I couldn't tell you what those values were since I am only a hobbyist collector and was too young to seriously collect (my parents made me use my "own" money - as in, an allowance - to buy card packs, so I didn't have the financial resources some other kids my age had back then) back when Pokemon card collecting was at a fever pitch.

Years
Ooo, thank you, I can't believe I missed this thread...

On that note, I still have one of those Ancient Mew cards that came with the movie a while back, it is in mint condition still, any chance this card is worth anything?

Years
Ooo, thank you, I can't believe I missed this thread...

On that note, I still have one of those Ancient Mew cards that came with the movie a while back, it is in mint condition still, any chance this card is worth anything?

For a while (almost two whole years!) it was worth between $2 and $4, but recently I checked and the minimum had moved up to $4. It would depend on the condition of the card and the version (there are two versions, but I don't remember how to distinguish between the two) of the card, though the version seems to matter a little less than the condition.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2011
So I was doing some cleaning and found some of my old pokemon cards and was wondering if any were valuable and worth selling I have:

1 Holo Charizard
1 Holo Venusaur
1 Holo Blastoise
2 Ancient Mews (i think from the movie?)
1 Mew (there is a little star that says "promo" on it on the right near the length/weight stats)
1 Pikachu (same deal with the promo star also i think from movie)
1 Marill (same deal with the promo star no movie stamp)
1 Mewtwo (promo star and movie stamp)
1 Dragonite (promo star and movie stamp)

then it gets interesting...all these say "pocket monster card game" on the back

1 Articuno Holo, all the writing is in japanese and there is a bony foot right near the height/weight stats
1 Mew, all japanese writing, little pokeball near height weight stats
1 Doduo, all japanese writing, being chased by a man with a bear suit (?) with a net, has a litte gym logo
1 Charizard, all japanese writing, gym logo, and theres a guys face in the bottom right corner
1 Dragonite Holo, all japanese writing holo is kind of rainbow like?

1 cant remember name but it has an egg shell with red and blue triangles for a body the illustration is not holographic but the rest of the card is. has a palm tree logo near height weight stats, all japanese writing and has NO number in the way bottom right.

so am i sitting on a pile of gold? or just paper hahaha

Years
So I was doing some cleaning and found some of my old pokemon cards and was wondering if any were valuable and worth selling I have:

1 Holo Charizard
1 Holo Venusaur
1 Holo Blastoise
2 Ancient Mews (i think from the movie?)
1 Mew (there is a little star that says "promo" on it on the right near the length/weight stats)
1 Pikachu (same deal with the promo star also i think from movie)
1 Marill (same deal with the promo star no movie stamp)
1 Mewtwo (promo star and movie stamp)
1 Dragonite (promo star and movie stamp)

then it gets interesting...all these say "pocket monster card game" on the back

1 Articuno Holo, all the writing is in japanese and there is a bony foot right near the height/weight stats
1 Mew, all japanese writing, little pokeball near height weight stats
1 Doduo, all japanese writing, being chased by a man with a bear suit (?) with a net, has a litte gym logo
1 Charizard, all japanese writing, gym logo, and theres a guys face in the bottom right corner
1 Dragonite Holo, all japanese writing holo is kind of rainbow like?

1 cant remember name but it has an egg shell with red and blue triangles for a body the illustration is not holographic but the rest of the card is. has a palm tree logo near height weight stats, all japanese writing and has NO number in the way bottom right.

so am i sitting on a pile of gold? or just paper hahaha

Values depend on whether there is a small shadow around the box with the artwork or not.
Charizard: $25-$35
Venusaur: $10-$15
Blastoise: $15-$20
Ancient Mew: $4-$6.

What number is in the corner of the Black Star Promo Mew card?

Does the Pikachu have a movie stamp? Also, what's the number in the corner of the card?

Marill Black Star Promo: $2-$3.
Mewtwo Black Star Promo Movie Promo: $2-$4.
Dragonite Black Star Movie Promo: $2-$3.

Japanese cards:

Articuno (Fossil set): $4-$8.

Could take a picture of the Japanese Mew and upload it as an attachment to your next post in this thread? I wanna confirm that it's the one I think it is.

Imakuni?'s Doduo: $20-$30.

Could you upload a picture of the Japanese Charizard card as a post attachment as well? I wanna confirm that this is the one I think it is.

Could you upload a picture of this Japanese Dragonite in the same manner as I requested the other two Japanese cards to be uploaded in? I have some idea which one this one is, but not 100% sure.

Togepi (Southern Islands set): $7-$10.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
How much is Jolteon Jungle First ed, Pichu Neo Genesis First ed, and Hariyama EX from Ex deocxys?

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
Since I just purchased the original Starter deck brand new how much would a 100% Unused Machamp holo sell for? Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2016
It would be practically the same price.

Thanks again.

Sorry donavannj,

How much would an unopened Starter Deck be worth from the base set?.

and I found a few holo's that i probably would sell on ebay as i am only interested in buying and keeping the original series although may work on the 1st team rocket series one day as well.

Blissey Lv 40 (REV HOLO)
Deoxys BASIC (HOLO)
It has in print Ex Holon Phantoms on the bottom right of the picture and in the same card i see in Google Images they don't have that, so it is a rare card or is it a ake?.
DUSCLOPS LV.40 (REV HOLO)
MISMAGIUS LV.33 (HOLO)
HOLO FIRE ENERGY CARD (a bit frayed on the edges)
BASTIODON LV.51 (HOLO)
SABLEEYE LV.31 (REV HOLO)
DARK MAGNETON (HOLO) from the first rocket series

All cards are in good condition with them a fraction bent.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 14, 2012
I have 2 Prime Gengar's booster fresh I acquired them together when I bought 3 booster packs about 10 days ago, thinking about putting them on eBay how much should I put them up for ? (in GBP)

Years
It would be practically the same price.

Thanks again.

Sorry donavannj,

How much would an unopened Starter Deck be worth from the base set?.

and I found a few holo's that i probably would sell on ebay as i am only interested in buying and keeping the original series although may work on the 1st team rocket series one day as well.

Blissey Lv 40 (REV HOLO)
Deoxys BASIC (HOLO)
It has in print Ex Holon Phantoms on the bottom right of the picture and in the same card i see in Google Images they don't have that, so it is a rare card or is it a ake?.
DUSCLOPS LV.40 (REV HOLO)
MISMAGIUS LV.33 (HOLO)
HOLO FIRE ENERGY CARD (a bit frayed on the edges)
BASTIODON LV.51 (HOLO)
SABLEEYE LV.31 (REV HOLO)
DARK MAGNETON (HOLO) from the first rocket series

All cards are in good condition with them a fraction bent.

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay. Didn't notice you had posted these.

Can you tell me what sets these are from and their collector's numbers in the corner please? I can't price them if I don't know their sets (and in the case of the Deoxys, since the set is known, I need its collector's number since I'm pretty sure that set has more than one Deoxys). The only one I can price for sure is the holo Dark Magneton.

Dark Magneton, assuming it's not first edition, would fetch $3-$6 at the moment in USD.

I have 2 Prime Gengar's booster fresh I acquired them together when I bought 3 booster packs about 10 days ago, thinking about putting them on eBay how much should I put them up for ? (in GBP)

Moved your post to the appropriate thread.

Selling them individually, you should list them for $8-$12 USD, which is apparently 5-8 GBP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back