• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

**PLEASE READ** I'm not killing off Café!

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • So recently you may or may not have noticed an attempt at the threads in this section going for a more "laid back" approach. We on staff thought that it would be good to allow more freedom to exist. However, this transition is no small one, and so we needed a guinea pig. Who better to pick than the Chit Chat Café? We thrive on randomness, afterall.

That leads me to this rather depressing, but ultimately necessary announcement. After a long debate, and several experimental threads, we on hstaff have decided to scrap the current plans and try something new. However, this will result in the closure of the Chit Chat Café. Permanently.

As successful as the transition from post-and-go to casual conversation was, it did not reach the goals we set for it, and these last few random threads have been a last ditch attempt at changing that- to no avail.

The Daily Chit Chat thread will essentially manifest itself in Forum Game's DltMS0 thread, beginning with Café's closure. As for the threads that would usually belong in this section, they will all be closed. Debates may get a small subsection to hold casual threads, but for the most part, this is going to be the end of Café's lifespan.

The date of Café's closure has been decided to be on the 5th of April. While the decision is essentially a solid yes, I've decided to leave this thread open, in case anyone has anything to ask or say.

It's been a pleasure being your moderator, guys. Thank you for the memories, the Café will never forget you <3 I'll post something a little more heartfelt later, but it's nearly 3 30 in the morning, and I have class in the morning.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • Not sure if this is legit...
    If it is, then, I've never been around the chit-chat cafe much, but it's always sad to see a forum go.

Then I realized I've never seen a forum be closed permanently.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • It has happened before, plenty of times. They've been brought back, I believe Culture and Media would serve as the most recent example. There are no current plans to being Café back, but it is always definitely a possibility.

edit: I'm thinking the anime and manga subforum.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh good, the only threads in here were nonsense anyway. It's a pokémon forum, not an everything forum :s Sorry Dipu but it's the right call!

Years
  • Wow this is a plot twist indeed... it's gonna take me ages to get used to italic Dipu and Andy again.

I don't know if nerfing this to a subforum in D&D and to FG is going to help activity. You were a great mod and it'd suck if you had to leave us. In fact, I remember this being one of the most visited sections for those few members who had little-to-no Pokemon interest at all.

TheZenTraveler

I know my profile is out of date, but don't worry,
    Years
  • well... :looks at RP corner: better open up word...

4/1/2014... ... ...

Spoiler:

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    noo :( I really HOPE that this is an AF joke or something.... if not ;-; ;~;

Back