• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2018
    Hi this is chris 1st of all i love the hack so fun to play while im watching the actual episode itself! Lol also i was wondering if you will be updating the ashgray hack anytime soon. No pressure just wondering if you could update it please i know its a LOT of hard work trust me i tried to do one myself, but remember its for the fans and you will make them very happy plus it shows a great pride passion and determination and you feel accomplishment once you finally finish it. So please at least push on through quitters never prosper. Thank you! :)

AJ24

Squirtle da GOAT starter
    Years
  • Wow, PokeCommunity has changed since i've last been here lol

Last time i played this hack i got stuck when trying to swim somewhere after the Pokemon League, gonna download again and see if i can play it fully.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Hi Metapod, Thx for the game you did a great job. I am stuck currently waiting to enter the first Pokemon league battle with Mandi. I am unable to get to the arena to fight Mandi as the guard says that I don't have a battle in this field. Is there anything to do to get past this, I have over 35 hours into this game and will not restart, even if that means I am stuck. Please help!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2015
    just want to say a big thanks to metapod! easily the best pokemon game that I have played.....gutted that I have just finished Orange islands

kyuubi93

What a bother
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2018
    Hey guys, I just caught Bulbasaur. What do I need to do next? I'm stuck and have noooo clue what to do. When I go south there's some Rock Climb thing and idk what I'm supposed to do there haha

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2015
    Hey man i just reachd The end and i´m curious if you are still working on this project. :D Btw it´s really epic journy. :D keep up the good work ;)

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    Hey, everyone. I recently started plugging away at the next beta. Its release will be determined by how long it takes me to complete the 2nd movie event, but I'm making progress!

Here's a screenshot from The Mystery Menace event, including new tiles for the sewer:
    mystermenace.jpg

Thanks for your continued support!

Years
  • Hey, everyone. I recently started plugging away at the next beta. Its release will be determined by how long it takes me to complete the 2nd movie event, but I'm making progress!

Here's a screenshot from The Mystery Menace event, including new tiles for the sewer:
    mystermenace.jpg

Looks sick can't wait to play it.

Years
  • Hey, everyone. I recently started plugging away at the next beta. Its release will be determined by how long it takes me to complete the 2nd movie event, but I'm making progress!

mystermenace.jpg

That looks awesome! And I'm glad that you're still working on the hack!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    You're a champion Metapod, glad to hear you're back. I hope to see some new moves for pokemon come the next version, X-Scissor among them. More dragon and steel moves would be nice too. Or at least the current ones more widespread where they're needed most.

Also is it possible to have more move tutors around? Having both them and TMs be reusable would help as well. A phys/special split would help too since even before that was introduced in the games, the anime did mention some moves being physical or special despite the moves in the original format not being that due to type. For example in the Johto saga when Duplica and her Ditto came back her new Ditto Mini-Dit when it turned into Wobbuffet was able to use Mirror Coat on James' Weezing's Sludge attack despite how in the 1st-3rd gens Sludge was classed as physical. In some cases this could help storyline-wise to add the phys/spec split made by Doesn'tknowhowtoplay.

Years
  • Where do I download this? I'm new here, sorry.
    The download link is included in the thread! Just scroll down until you see the graphic that says "Download Link" and click on that. I'm fairly certain that the link is the latest version and that it's always updated whenever there's a new update.

Also, welcome to PC! Consider posting a thread in The Welcome Lounge. I'm sure everyone there would be more than happy to meet you!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2021
    So this hack is still alive, great to see :)

I first played youre hack in 2010 and it was by far the most entertaining Pokemon game, better than the others hacks and even better than the original ones (B/W, X/Y, OR/AS). Looking forward to BETA4.5, hope you'll be able to release it this year :D

Years
    • Age 22
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 4, 2015
    I'm having problems with the download. It just comes up as Pokemon Ashgrey Beta 4.2. It doesn't even staate a file type and it can't be patched

Back