• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate - A Gen 9 Complete Overhaul of Pokémon Conquest! (v3.0.6 - March 28th, 2024)

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Date Masamune could do well with Dragapult or a original colored Rayquaza, if you consider it.

Do you mean as a perfect link, or in general? Masamune has a Dragon-type speciality, so he can link with Dragapult or any other Dragon-type. Rayquaza is obviously not in the game.

As for the perfect links for Warlords, I spent way too long researching each Warlord to determine what Pokémon would best match them. I tried to make this a non-box legendary or mythical whenever possible to give them that rare and special factor, as well as for balance purposes (only Hideyoshi, Nobunaga, and Ieyasu get box legendaries because they are the three Great Unifiers of Japan), but unfortunately on one or two warlords I ran out of eligible Pokémon, leading to Masamune getting Dragonite as his special Pokémon. Not ideal, but also there is a limited pool of Pokémon from which to pick! :]

On an unrelated note to everyone else, you should expect another update in the next day or two that fixes a few minor issues and adds a few more of my non-artistic battle sprites (lol) for the remaining Pokémon.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.0.17 is available now.

Version 1.0.17 - July 14th, 2023
    • Fūrin Kazan has some hardcoded properties of which I was previously unaware, making its current effect incorrectly lower the Defense of your army instead of the enemy army. Because of this, its effect is being changed from "lowers the Defense of all enemy Pokémon for one turn" to "boosts the Attack of all allied Pokémon for one turn".
    • Arceus is seemingly hardcoded not to spawn as a normal Pokémon. Currently it is set to spawn in Aurora in Collect 100 Pokémon stories, and I will continue to leave it as such (so technically there has been no change to gameplay), but since it has yet to be found, I'm removing from the documentation that Arceus can be found this way. It can still be found the vanilla way in "Two Heroes of Ransei".
    • Fire Lash (Rank 5) now correctly lowers the target's Defense instead of the user's.
    • Naomasa now has the correct type specialty of Poison/Steel instead of Fire/Poison.
    • Naomasa now correctly has Dubwool instead of Blaziken in Kenshin vs Shingen stories. (Must start new story to take effect.)
    • Katsu now correctly has Roserade instead of Reshiram in Ninja stories. (Must start new story to take effect.)
    • Updated the battle sprites for Basculegion.
    • Added battle sprites for Sawsbuck-Spring, Centiskorch, Garganacl, Armarouge, Revavroom, Glimmora, Gholdengo, Latios, and Tornadus-Therian.

I bunch of people have been asking me about how to patch the game on mobile. Obviously the recommended thing to do would be to patch the game on PC and then send the file to your mobile device. However, for those of you that don't have a PC, I am trying to work out a way to patch it directly on mobile. I will provide more information once I have it (I am thinking maybe trying to use an xdelta?)! :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Conquest is my favorite spinoff and I've been hoping for a remake or new game for a long time. Love that you've decided to make a hack. Just finished taking over the grass and water areas and personally, my favorite parts of Conquest were training and recruiting. So personally I feel weird having full evos from the start and it seems very easy. I managed to take over all 3 regions elemental regions within an hour (with speedup). I would love just more evo lines, moves, and abilities.

Thank you for the kind words, and I'm glad you're excited to play!

I don't know if you were saying this is a good or bad thing, but conquering Ignis, Fontaine, and Greenleaf in an hour with speedup seems pretty reasonable for both Vanilla Conquest and Ultimate. If this seems fast to you, realize that you conquered the first three kingdoms in the first story (which is a glorified tutorial) out of 37 stories, so there's still plenty of game left to be played!

I am surprised you say that it is very easy. It's okay that you say that, and I appreciate the feedback, but I'm surprised! Granted, you said you've only played for about an hour, but I think, and most feedback has said, that the beginning of the game is quite difficult. Have you been playing with items? I modified pretty much every item in Ultimate, but there is only so much I can do, so some of the items are still very powerful. Also, just like the mainline games, spamming potions can carry you a long way and overcome a lot of problems. This is why I strongly recommend playing without items, but of course you are welcome to if you like, it will just be much easier!

You might find it interesting to know that up until release day, in "The Legend of Ransei", you only had access to five Warriors after conquering Ignis and before fighting Fontaine, meaning the Fontaine battle was a 5v6. It was extremely difficult, and people were having a very tough time beating it without using items while testing. On release day, I added two additional Warriors to Ignis (the Swampert and Wormadam-Sandy Warriors) to hide a "bug" in the game that was due to some hardcoded elements that we can't currently change, but it also had the added benefit of making the Fontaine fight much more beatable without items, which is probably for the better.

The choice was between having over double the amount of fully evolved Pokémon or LC and NFE Pokémon that are useless after less than 2% of the game. Personally, I found this to be an easy decision that I don't regret at all. However, I do agree that it is a shame that they had to be removed because obviously evolution is a staple of the Pokémon franchise. Unfortunately, it just wasn't feasible for this game as currently constructed, but on the bright side, removing them made the game much easier to balance, as well as allowing for a much greater variety of moves and Pokémon.

Thank you again for playing, and I hope you have a great time! Please share with your friends, and feel free to leave any feedback, good or bad, that you like. :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Just want to let you know
    I have been on this site for years but did not sign up as a member
    Your hack is so good that I can't help but to sign up and tell you this
    Keep up the good job!

Thank you so much! It means a lot that you would do that, and I'm very glad that the game has made someone else so happy! I intend to keep improving the game to make the experience even better, so I hope you will continue to enjoy it! :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Have never played Conquest before so decided to start my first playthrough with this one, good job in advance!

Thank you very much! Have you enjoyed your experience so far? I hope you're enjoying Conquest as a game in general, as it's quite a bit different to the mainline games of course! Any feedback is always welcome and appreciated! :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Please do not use the vanilla passwords! The thought that there might be an issue never even occurred to me, but someone just brought it up on Discord. In particular, please do not use the Motochika and Motonari passwords in "The Legend of Ransei"! Don't worry, you can still use those Warlords in the remaining 37 stories!

It's not the end of the world if you do, and it's not like the game breaks or anything. However, because I changed pretty much everything for this mod, the vanilla passwords do not spawn the same stuff anymore. I guess if you want to embrace the chaos, then you are welcome to use them, and the game will function fine, but I take no responsibility for what happens when you do! :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    As I'm sure those of you that have tried to play this game (or any Pokémon Conquest mod) with a macOS computer have found out, RanseiLink is only compatible with PC!

Good news! Deijin is currently working on making RanseiLink compatible with macOS! Would anyone with a macOS computer be willing to help out with testing? It is very simple and requires no expertise! If so, please respond here, in the Discord, or on the following discussion thread of GitHub! Thank you very much! :]

https://github.com/Deijin27/RanseiLink/discussions/51

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.0.18 is available now.

Version 1.0.18 - July 28th, 2023
    • Arceus now correctly spawns in Aurora in Collect 100 Pokémon stories. (This fixes the issue mentioned in the previous update. Turns out it wasn't hardcoded, but a separate issue!)
    • Updated the battle sprites for Slowbro-Galar, Slowking-Galar, Samurott-Hisui, and Flapple.
    • Added battle sprites for Dracozolt, Quaquaval, Cyclizar, Zapdos-Galar, Thundurus-Therian, Landorus-Therian, Volcanion, Kartana, Marshadow, Naganadel, Regieleki, and Chien-Pao.

Every Pokémon now has some sort of battle sprite, so the Munchlax placeholders are now gone! Rip to one of my favorite Pokémon. Over 75% of the Pokémon have full battle animations, but there are some that have static placeholder sprites (similar to Pokémon Showdown at the start of a new Generation). I am not an artist, so it is extremely difficult for me to animate them myself. If you would like to improve on any of the sprites in the game, please feel free to do so (Conquest sprites have a max size of 32x32 and a max of 16 colors including transparency, so they are more or less the same as Pokémon Mystery Dungeon sprites, but with less total frames). Send them my way and I would be more than happy to include them in the game (and give you credit, of course!)!

I also added to the Download and Installation Instructions that MacOS support for RanseiLink will be coming soon, and that for mobile players I suggest patching the game on PC and then sending that file to your mobile device. I want to provide an xdelta for mobile players, which I think should be pretty easy to do, but I have no idea how mobile patching works so I don't want to provide the xdelta without also providing instructions for patching the game. Any feedback is greatly appreciated on this! Thanks! :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I just made an account here just to thank you for the great work in that unique pokemon game. I finished the first story and i was waiting for the rest of the sprites. Keep the great work, we really appreciate it :)

Years
    • Seen today
    I have indeed, it brings me similar joy that fire emblem games on handhelds do. However since it is my first time playing I can't comment much on how some situations differ from original.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2023
    Dude, this is freaking sick! I did not know people did Mods for this game and Im glad I found yours first! I always loved this game and always hoped for a second one to come out, but hey...with this rehaul it basically is Conquest #2. Thank you!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.0.19 is available now.

Version 1.0.19 - July 31st, 2023
    • Ginchiyo (Rank 1) now correctly ranks up into Ginchiyo (Rank 2) when partnered with Pawmot or Thunderus-Therian instead of Kabutops or Aerodactyl.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Raichu-Alola, Sandslash-Alola, Nidoking, Tentacruel, and Dracozolt.

If you see any potential bugs or issues that are not listed under the Current Limitations in the Overview, please share them with me as I likely do not know about them. If I'm never told about the issue, there is no way for me to know to fix it, and then future players will also experience the issue. Thanks! :]

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm having an issue- for some reason, I can't recruit Urakusai, even if I defeat him within 4 turns, taking no damage with a supereffective hit from a Warlord.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm having an issue- for some reason, I can't recruit Urakusai, even if I defeat him within 4 turns, taking no damage with a supereffective hit from a Warlord.

Hmmm. What story is this in? Any additional information would be most helpful so I know what to look for. Thanks! :]

Years
    • Seen today
    It's in The Legend of Ransei. No matter what I do, he always uses the same defeat line "The enemy's competence is astounding." before fleeing.

Days
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    I have an issue. Some pokemon dont show up in the right story. In Kotaro story darkrai never show up.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    It's in The Legend of Ransei. No matter what I do, he always uses the same defeat line "The enemy's competence is astounding." before fleeing.

If it is in "The Legend of Ransei", then it is probably hardcoded to be this way in vanilla as well.

In the vanilla game, Naoie, Takanobu, Chacha, and Gō are all set to be FreeWarrior3 in Aurora in "The Legend of Ransei". In Ultimate, it is just Urakusai. FreeWarrior3 warriors do not start appearing until January of Year 3. For the rest of the kingdoms, this is done just to space out when new warriors appear, but in Aurora in "The Legend of Ransei", this is done specifically to prevent any warriors from spawning and messing things up during the tutorial section. I generally don't make it to Year 3 in "The Legend of Ransei", so I haven't tested this, but I would not be surprised if the game is hardcoded to not let you recruit any warriors in Aurora in "The Legend of Ransei" so that if you do somehow manage to get any warriors to spawn there early (such as mods!), you can't recruit them and mess up the scripting. I'm sorry that it is this way, but my guess is this is not an issue with the mod, but just the way the vanilla game works.

Like I said, I can't verify if this is the issue, but I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if that is the cause. Most of the bugs or issues with modding the game occur in "The Legend of Ransei" because it is a glorified tutorial and so much of it is harcoded or scripted. Modding the game after that story is mostly issue free, but yeah, "The Legend of Ransei" is very annoying for modding and leads to some unfortunate circumstances.

I do know for sure that you can recruit Urakusai with no issues in the following 37 stories, so you will have to keep playing to get him! Thank you for reporting the potential issue too, as I always want to make sure that I can get everything fixed that I can! :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I just made an account here just to thank you for the great work in that unique pokemon game. I finished the first story and i was waiting for the rest of the sprites. Keep the great work, we really appreciate it :)

Thank you very much for the kind words! This took a very long time to make, so it is amazing to see that people are enjoying it so much that they are making a new account just to tell me how much they enjoy it! It is very much appreciated!

I'm sorry that it took so long to get some kind of battle sprites for every Pokémon. Creating battle sprite sheets is very time consuming, and that is for Pokémon which I already have full battle sprites. I am not an artist, so I cannot fully animate a Pokémon from scratch myself. While I wait for people (anyone!) to create full battle sprites for any of the remaining Pokémon, I am going back and cleaning up the already completed Pokémon. This is very time consuming as well, but I think it is worth it as the updated Pokémon look much better than the old ones in my opinion!

Thank you very much again, and I hope you are enjoying the following 37 stories! :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I have an issue. Some pokemon dont show up in the right story. In Kotaro story darkrai never show up.

Darkrai is in the Zorua spot, so it has the same appear conditions as Zorua in the vanilla game. Zorua (Darkrai) doesn't spawn like other Pokémon do, but rather it can appear as a bonus spawn in any battle (in any story, not just Kotarō's) with wild Pokemon in which Kotarō is participating. Zorua (Darkrai) will not show up as being present on the overworld menu, but rather it will show up as an additional spawn after you enter battle.

There are countless threads online about how to get Zorua in the vanilla game, but the fastest way is just to take Kotarō into a battle with wild Pokémon, see if Zorua (Darkrai) spawns, and if not, run from the battle and repeat. It is very annoying in vanilla with Zorua because it has Illusion, making it more difficult to see if it actually spawned or not, but that is not an issue with Darkrai. It is a random chance of spawning, meaning it can take a long time, so I would not expect to find it in just a month or two. Also, saving before the battle and soft resetting if it doesn't spawn doesn't work, so you have to actually skip to the next month.

Good luck hunting, and have fun! Thanks again for playing! :]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    There's also another thing I've noted during my time playing, so far, only one swarm has appeared for me in The Legend of Ransei, and the weird thing is that that swarm is one that isn't listed in the documentation.

Even weirder is that it's
    Spoiler:
    of all things, meaning that I can get
    Spoiler:
    Perfect Link sooner than intended.

Back