• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Spinoff: Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate - A Gen 9 Complete Overhaul of Pokémon Conquest! (v3.0.6 - March 28th, 2024)

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    There's also another thing I've noted during my time playing, so far, only one swarm has appeared for me in The Legend of Ransei, and the weird thing is that that swarm is one that isn't listed in the documentation.

Even weirder is that it's
    Spoiler:
    of all things, meaning that I can get
    Spoiler:
    Perfect Link sooner than intended.

Swarms do not appear during "The Legend of Ransei", and it is this way in vanilla as well, so it is not surprising you have not had any appear. Like I said, "The Legend of Ransei" is a glorified tutorial lol. Gotta finish the "tutorial" to unlock all the features!

That swarm that you are referring to is in the documentation by the way, so I'm not really sure what you mean when you say it isn't. As for why it is appearing "early", it is because that Pokémon is in the Eevee slot. New Eevees can appear periodically if the Player ♂/♀ doesn't currently have one, and since the Player ♂/♀ starts off Ultimate with Eevee already evolved, new Eevees are capable of appearing.

I thought that putting Oichi's Perfect Link in that slot would both be an interesting way of using that slot (since we can't turn off the Eevee spawn mechanic I just mentioned) and an interesting way of getting Oichi's Perfect Link, as opposed to just having it appear like any other wild Pokémon. Ideally I would like to turn off that spawn mechanic until after "The Legend of Ransei", but currently we cannot. It is debatable if that Pokémon is even better than Bewear, which she starts the game with, and since there is nothing I can do about it, I just consider it a feature that she can get her Perfect Link before the other Warlords. It fits storywise since she's so important too, so I'm not too bothered by it. :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.0.20 is available now.

Version 1.0.20 - August 3rd, 2023
    • Fixed an issue with the Illusio map that would cause Kanetsugu's Starmie to move out of bounds at the start of the battle the first time you invaded Illusio in "The Legend of Ransei".
    • Kanbei's Warrior Skill is changed from Extinguish to Strategist. Extinguish doesn't really work in vanilla Conquest, so I changed the effect for Ultimate to try and make it work. However, it still is not working, so it must coded strangely and cannot function properly.
    • Mitsuhide (Rank 1) now correctly ranks up into Mitsuhide (Rank 2) when at 60% link instead of 70% link.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Sandslash-Alola, Magnezone, Exeggutor-Kanto, and Kingdra.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you for the quick feedback I did not realize that I could run from this battle due to it being a tutorial! I also did not see the previous response to this same bug thank you for bringing that to my attention!

You're welcome! I hope you've enjoyed the rest of the game and had a good experience! I assume you haven't had any other issues since you haven't said anything in awhile, but I figured I'd check in. Thank you so much for choosing to play! :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    this mod is mindblwing, pokemon conquest is my favorite spin off, thank you so much for working on this, I just started playing it and it feels like a breath of fresh air

Thank you very much for the kind words! It is also my favorite spin-off, and it's a shame that more people don't know about it! I'm glad that it feels like a breath of fresh air, and I hope you enjoyed the entire experience! If you have any feedback then I would love to hear it, but otherwise I just hope you had fun and thanks again for playing! :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.0.21 is available now.

Version 1.0.21 - August 6th, 2023
    • Reshiram now correctly spawns in Ignis in Unite Ransei stories.
    • Zekrom now correctly spawns in Dragnor in Unite Ransei stories.
    • Hyperspace Hole now correctly moves the user forward two tiles.
    • The battle sprites for Exeggutor-Kanto now face the correct direction.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Porygon-Z, Kabutops, Ariados, Overqwil, and Ludicolo.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Hi, I really want to play this hack. It looks right up my alley and I appreciate all the work that has gone into it. I'm having an issue with RanseiLink 5.5. When I try to patch the mod onto the actual ROM (the final step), I get a very long error message. Not sure how to fix this. I don't think you can post a link to a patched ROM so would maybe trying the 5.4 version of RanseiLink work? I tried to patch it with multiple ROMs including both the 6094 USA and the 6093 EU versions.

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Hi, I really want to play this hack. It looks right up my alley and I appreciate all the work that has gone into it. I'm having an issue with RanseiLink 5.5. When I try to patch the mod onto the actual ROM (the final step), I get a very long error message. Not sure how to fix this. I don't think you can post a link to a patched ROM so would maybe trying the 5.4 version of RanseiLink work? I tried to patch it with multiple ROMs including both the 6094 USA and the 6093 EU versions.

Hello! Thank you for considering playing Ultimate! I'm sorry that you're having an issue! Would you mind sharing a picture of the error message so that I can pass it along to Deijin to be looked at? That does sound unusual, so I think she would definitely want to look into it.

As for a solution, yeah, I would try one of the older versions of RanseiLink and see if that works. I wouldn't think it is an issue with the ROM itself, especially if you tried multiple versions.

I'm sorry again about the issue, and I'll do everything I can to get you up and running! :]

Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Thank you so much for the response! I've attached a few screenshots of the error message. It's very long, these are only snippets of them. I'll try out 5.4 once I have more free time.

Attachments

• Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate - A Gen 9 Complete Overhaul of Pokémon Conquest! (v3.0.6 - March 28th, 2024)
      error1.png
      31.3 KB · Views: 6
    • Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate - A Gen 9 Complete Overhaul of Pokémon Conquest! (v3.0.6 - March 28th, 2024)
      error2.png
      32.6 KB · Views: 2
      error3.png
      24 KB · Views: 2
    Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Sooo turns out the issue was that I simply forgot to click "Populate Graphics Defaults" in RanseiLink. It seems to have successfully patched and I should be able to play it now. Sorry about that!

Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    I've never played Pokemon Conquest before. Is this ROM hack beginner friendly or is it designed for those that have played the original?

Thanks

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Sooo turns out the issue was that I simply forgot to click "Populate Graphics Defaults" in RanseiLink. It seems to have successfully patched and I should be able to play it now. Sorry about that!

I kinda thought that might be the issue, especially since the error message you responded with said it couldn't find part of the path that included the graphics. I'm glad you were able to get working, though, and I'm sorry about the trouble! I'll add to the instructions to make sure that you populate graphic defaults so that no one else is confused in the future!

I hope you have fun, and if you have any questions or feedback, just let me know and I would be happy to help! Thanks again for choosing to play Ultimate! :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I've never played Pokemon Conquest before. Is this ROM hack beginner friendly or is it designed for those that have played the original?

Thanks

No, this is not designed just for those that have played the original! Obviously, if you've played the original before, you might be aware of some of the issues in game balance, and might therefore more appreciate some of the changes I made for Ultimate. However, that doesn't mean that if you're a beginner, you can't still enjoy Ultimate for what it is!

It is a slightly different experience to the original due to it being all fully evolved Pokémon as opposed to a bunch of LC and NFE Pokémon, but I would argue it's a better experience, and certainly not one that requires you to have played the original. Also, while it is harder than the original, it isn't that hard due to the fact that it is Pokémon Conquest. It is impossible to truly make difficult because unlike the mainline games, once you defeat an enemy, you can recruit them. You can't give the enemy OP stuff because then you recruit them and get that OP stuff yourself. The nature of the game itself caps the difficulty level.

If you are worried about playing as a beginner, you are welcome to ask me any questions that you would like and I would be happy to help! You will usually get the fastest response on Discord since you can @ me and I will get a notification, but I will certainly do my best to respond quickly on here as well! :]

Days
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    No, this is not designed just for those that have played the original! Obviously, if you've played the original before, you might be aware of some of the issues in game balance, and might therefore more appreciate some of the changes I made for Ultimate. However, that doesn't mean that if you're a beginner, you can't still enjoy Ultimate for what it is!

It is a slightly different experience to the original due to it being all fully evolved Pokémon as opposed to a bunch of LC and NFE Pokémon, but I would argue it's a better experience, and certainly not one that requires you to have played the original. Also, while it is harder than the original, it isn't that hard due to the fact that it is Pokémon Conquest. It is impossible to truly make difficult because unlike the mainline games, once you defeat an enemy, you can recruit them. You can't give the enemy OP stuff because then you recruit them and get that OP stuff yourself. The nature of the game itself caps the difficulty level.

If you are worried about playing as a beginner, you are welcome to ask me any questions that you would like and I would be happy to help! You will usually get the fastest response on Discord since you can @ me and I will get a notification, but I will certainly do my best to respond quickly on here as well! :]

Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a go and drop any further questions I have in the Discord :)

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Thanks for the reply! I'll give it a go and drop any further questions I have in the Discord :)

You're welcome! If you could use the Ultimate Discussion and Feedback thread under the Conquest Romhacking header, it would be much appreciated, but no worries if not. New people come in and ask questions in different channels all the time lol.

Also, I see that you deleted a post. I didn't see what you said, but I just figured I'd check and make sure you didn't need anything or if it was important. :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.0.22 is available now.

Version 1.0.22 - August 8th, 2023
    • Garganacl now correctly spawns in Cragspur in all stories.
    • Changed the battle idle motion for Gyarados, Porygon-Z, and Flygon from Float to Grounded.
    • Updated all the small menu sprites for Aerodactyl.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Aerodactyl, Typhlosion-Hisui, Flygon, and Bronzong.

Cataclyptic

Everything I say is a lie
    Years
  • Booted the game, played for about an hour, and already this game is fantastic. I love everything about it! I have but one request if you ever want to get around to it: Camn you put my boy Miraidon into the game? Or barring that, maybe tell me what all the sprites mean so I can do it myself? Some of the images in the sprite sheets seem like duplicates and I don't know what they do. (Also is there a hard limit on number of pokemon in game? Would I have to replace one of them to put my boy in?)

But anyway, love the game, keep up the good work!

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Booted the game, played for about an hour, and already this game is fantastic. I love everything about it! I have but one request if you ever want to get around to it: Camn you put my boy Miraidon into the game? Or barring that, maybe tell me what all the sprites mean so I can do it myself? Some of the images in the sprite sheets seem like duplicates and I don't know what they do. (Also is there a hard limit on number of pokemon in game? Would I have to replace one of them to put my boy in?)

But anyway, love the game, keep up the good work!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you're enjoying it! I've seen your TCG hack (although I haven't played it), and it looks very impressive too!

Yes, there is a limit of 200 Pokémon in the game. This is why I had to make the decision to remove LC and NFE Pokémon in favor of fully evolved Pokémon. As for Miraidon, I'm sorry, but I will not be making any additions or adjustments to the roster. Additions are obviously not possible, and adjustments would be very complicated. I spent a very long time making sure the balance of the game was correct, from the types of the Pokémon to the moves they use, and if I start swapping Pokémon, that balance can quickly fall away. Obviously, there were some tough calls about which Pokémon made the cut, but in the end it was all about making sure the game was balanced.

With that said, I don't care what you do with the game once you download it. The game as I released it is the way I recommend playing it for the best experience. If you want to play it a different way, then be my guest! If you want to add Miraidon yourself, then go ahead! Adding Miraidon specifically is actually pretty simple because it so easily replaces Zekrom. They are both box legendaries, so there isn't a big power difference, they share a type combo, and they both have an Electric-type signature move, meaning it doesn't mess up the balance of the game. Obviously you can replace whatever Pokémon you want, but that is what I would recommend.

As for actually replacing Zekrom (or another Pokémon) with Miraidon, changing the name, stats, etc. would be pretty easy. However, you would need sprites for it (PMD sprites are acceptable) and I couldn't find any online with a quick search. We can't use the follow sprites that people make for the mainline games because they are not at the proper angle (we need the 45 degree angle sprites). In addition, we can't even use the box sprites for the menu sprites and for the front sprites as a placeholder (like I've had to do for a few Pokémon for which no sprites have been created yet) because they didn't use box sprites in Gen 9.

It is also worth noting that if you do change anything, it will all get "reverted" back whenever you update the game because obviously the update will have all the stuff for Zekrom (or whatever Pokémon you replace), not Miraidon. Just want to make sure you're aware of this possible inconvenience!

If you're okay with all this and can come up with some sprites somehow (or you don't care much about the sprites), then yeah, I'd be happy to tell you how they work and how to implement them into the game!

Thank you very much again for the kind words, and I hope you have fun! Let me know if you have any questions, feedback, or anything else! :]

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I have an issue. Some pokemon dont show up in the right story. In Kotaro story darkrai never show up.

As a follow up to my previous response to you, I thought I'd let you know that it has been pointed out to me that the Zorua (Darkrai) spawn is hardcoded to have the Illusion ability. It is not easier than finding Zorua in vanilla because the Darkrai also has Illusion, but everything else I said was correct. I just wanted to make a correction though to make sure you have the proper information! My apologies!

This was disappointing for me to find out, as I thought using the Zorua spawn mechanic was a much more interesting way of obtaining Darkrai than just having it appear as a normal wild Pokémon. Oh well I guess. It means there is currently no way to get Darkrai with its proper ability, so I will make it available as a normal Pokémon, just like the rest of the special Pokémon. Hopefully in the future as we are able to edit more hardcoded things, this can be changed and the Zorua spawn method can be used for Darkrai again! :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    I have an issue. Some pokemon dont show up in the right story. In Kotaro story darkrai never show up.

After making that last post correcting myself that the Zorua (Darkrai) spawn is hardcoded to have Illusion, people have now told me that their Darkrai correctly have Daze. So...

Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate - A Gen 9 Complete Overhaul of Pokémon Conquest! (v3.0.6 - March 28th, 2024)
    I don't know why some people's Darkrai would have Daze and some have Illusion. That doesn't make sense to me. I guess you can use the Zorua spawn mechanic to get a Darkrai with the proper ability, but I'll still add Darkrai as a normal Pokémon spawn anyways just to be safe. :]

Days
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokémon Conquest: Ultimate v1.0.23 is available now.

Version 1.0.23 - August 11th, 2023
    • Chi-Yu now spawns in Cragspur instead of Yaksha in Ninja stories.
    • Darkrai now spawns in Yaksha in Ninja stories.
    • Updated all the small menu sprites for Gliscor.
    • Updated the battle sprites for Yanmega, Honchkrow, Gliscor, Shiftry, and Camerupt.

I also made some small edits to the Excel Database to keep it updated. If you previously downloaded the database, you will need to do so again to get the updates. :]

Back