• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Exactly. I'd rather have a cutie goo dragon than...like, Trubbish or Grimer
    I'd rather have a Ponyta! There's only Ponyta/Rapidash and Blitzle/Zebstrika who are horse-like pokémon right? Oh, and pony Keldeo. Of these, Ponyta and Rapidash are the only ones who don't look like they come from a Nickelodeon tv show. They actually look like pokémon you can respect. I want that pegasus pokémon to resemble the first horse-like pokémon more than the later ones :) If we ever get that pegasus, of course, haha.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Eh, Ponyta is cool, but it's a plain white horse with fire along its back; doesn't really look like anything unique. Zebstrika tho? Zebtrika is the best equid Pokémon. First of all, Zebstrika is a zebra, which is a horse plus one. Second, Zebstrika's so fast it could create echoes of thunder at full gallop. Most importantly, Zebstrika got that majestic pose:
    Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

:P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Zebstrika is okay, I guess. And I don't think there's anything wrong with simplistic pokémon designs like Ponyta.

BUT CAN WE ALL JUST ADMIRE SHINY FURRET FOR A MOMENt and agree that it's hella cute. c:

Wobbu

Years
  • Ponyta has that cool shiny pallete, which is cool because the flames turn blue. It makes you wonder if shininess has something to do with chemicals? 0_o

Quick question, but first a not-question: Let's say we get a pegasus, but plot twist it's actually a Mega Evolution of an existing Pokémon. Do you think it would be more suitable for Rapidash or Zestrika?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ponyta has that cool shiny pallete, which is cool because the flames turn blue. It makes you wonder if shininess has something to do with chemicals? 0_o

Quick question, but first a not-question: Let's say we get a pegasus, but plot twist it's actually a Mega Evolution of an existing Pokémon. Do you think it would be more suitable for Rapidash or Zestrika?

Still Rapidash. Zebstrika is a zebra and pegasus has little to do with zebras... right?

inb4 Girafarig gets wings

Wobbu

Years
  • but Zebstrika needs some love ;_; And anything can happen with Mega Evolution, so maybe we will see some flying Girafarig.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    You know Another Funny thing
    Syther & Scizor can't fly in both Game & Anime yet they can Participate in Sky Battle While Heracross & Hawlucha can't !

Last edited:

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Err, you can't use Scizor (or as you typed it, Scizon) in Sky Battles. I think the basis for Sky Battles are when the Pokemon's sprites are actually levitating or flying.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    SHINY FERRET IS THE BEST SHINY js

*cough*

Yeah it's all based on levitation. Which is why some Pokemon can't even though they're a flying type (ex: Hawlucha). vOv

Years
  • If I would've kept more Flying-type Pokemon in my party, I might have been more inclined to do sky battles, but the only Pokemon that I kept with me through the majority of the game was my Sigilyph, so I never bothered more than once or twice. It was an interesting addition to the games, but not really something that caught my interest.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Who's Better ? Mega Charizard X Or Mega Charizard Y !
    Megazard X definitely beat Megazard Y in 1 on 1 Battle.
    Because Megazard Y's own ability Drought make both him & Megazard X stronger.
    However , Megazard X ability make all his Physical attack stronger then Megazard Y .
    However , Design-wise Mega Charizard Y is better then Mega Charizard X !
    For a Kid , Thats all that matter .

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If I would've kept more Flying-type Pokemon in my party, I might have been more inclined to do sky battles, but the only Pokemon that I kept with me through the majority of the game was my Sigilyph, so I never bothered more than once or twice. It was an interesting addition to the games, but not really something that caught my interest.
    I most often keep a flying pokemon in my party, but not for the flying type, rather for being able to FLY anytime I like :) other times I've boxed my flying types and needed to get to a Pokemon Center in order to FLY somewhere else.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Usually, I carry only one flying-type on my team, due to similar reasons as Adventure. Of all flying Pokémon that I have used, I'd say my most favorite would likely have to be Togekiss, as it's super-adorable and very easy to utilize when battling. Alongside, I'm also a fan of Staraptor due to its bold look, as well as Pidgeot.

Years
  • I never really liked Sky battles much at all, I was caught highly off-guard when there was one right near Cyllage City that had two opponents that were well over Level 25, which was the Gym Leader's highest level, which I felt was pretty darn ridiculous.

And that Charizard picture is pretty funny xP

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Togekiss and Altaria would have to be my favorite flying types, followed by Fletchinder. Of course, I have a ton of other flying types that I really like so who knows. As for being on my team I normally do have one but they don't always know the move Fly and I just get to biking everywhere hahha. That or go into a PC, get a Pokemon, fly, and then whatever depending on what I am doing in the game at the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back