• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Mega Scizor can't fly? I thought it could, it has wings.

You don't know !
    Its reveal in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon that Scizor can't fly and the Anime canonize it.
    I know its ridiculous.
    What is the point of having wing it the Pokemon can't fly ???
    Pokemon with smaller Wing & Wingless Garchamp flies just fine.
    I wonder if Ash can get Mega Scizor ! He will have all Red-Pincer Pokemon if he catch Scizor.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Eh, I'm still going to keep my headcanon of Szicor being able to fly :p

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Eh, I'm still going to keep my headcanon of Szicor being able to fly :p
    Well , I hope if the Anime could hear that.
    Anyway , Charizard won't be back until the League which will take 3/4 year.
    Is it really a good idea to make Kids wait that long for Ash to get Megevolution ???
    And for how long ? 2 or 3 episode.
    Not giving Ash Megevolution is even more stupid.
    I think Ash should catch & use a Gallade/Scizor as his primary Megevolution until charizard turn comes.
    Lucario would have been the best choice but he's out.

Shiny Whimsicott

*:・゚✧. :✦*:・゚✧
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    I thought he could fly too, he is a super fast bug, so maybe we where given the illusion that it flies from high speeds?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Brendino said:
    Either way, I agree that a pegasus Pokemon would best be suited as a legendary or a standalone, as I'm not sure I could see anything evolving into it without being a little overpowered. What would be the best typing for a pegasus? Normal/Flying? Fighting/Flying, maybe?

This might just be me, but I feel normal-flying would make better sense. Other Pokémon that share similar features (Keldeo, for example) and do not have a human-like body (or anything else of the like) are usually categorized as fighting, but it's sort of tough for me to imagine them to actually be put into this particular type-group or execute any attack based on them.

I've also thought that Scizor was always able to fly, haha. Though, since its body is a little too small, it might not exactly be able to carry us anywhere.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I thought he could fly too, he is a super fast bug, so maybe we where given the illusion that it flies from high speeds?

Funny thing , Scizor doesn't have high speed . Its base Speed 65 and it get increase to 75 upon Megevolution.
    Hack , Even Heracross faster then Scizor with base speed of 85 . Even though Heracross's speed decrease upon Megevolution it still equal to Mega Scizor speed.
    The Anime may treat Scizor & Syther like the fasted Pokemon in the world ,They not even close to 100 .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Things we see put into anime could be more unconnected to in-game stuff, so even if Scizor isn't the fastest Pokémon in terms of video games, they're still able to portray it as such in their show, haha. Well, at least this is what I believe.

Years
  • If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you should never try and apply Pokemon anime logic to Pokemon game/TCG/manga logic, since there are too many holes on each side. So while Scizor may be fast in the anime, it doesn't have a great speed stat in games.

Actually, you could go into a whole list of things that don't make sense in the anime that happen, like Ash carrying around a 160 lb. Larvitar in his backpack like it was nothing, or the incident where Pikachu was able to beat a Rhydon because he hit its horn.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Fire animation rock --

Spoiler:

I hope I could see Mega Infernape like this !!!

By the way , Does anyone thing Greninja should megevolve into Cyder ninja Pokemon ?
    Because A Ninja's Evolution is Cyber Ninja.
    I think I saw a Cyder Ninja that had some sort of Jet-wing in his back & capable of flight. I can't remember who it was .

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you should never try and apply Pokemon anime logic to Pokemon game/TCG/manga logic, since there are too many holes on each side. So while Scizor may be fast in the anime, it doesn't have a great speed stat in games.

Actually, you could go into a whole list of things that don't make sense in the anime that happen, like Ash carrying around a 160 lb. Larvitar in his backpack like it was nothing, or the incident where Pikachu was able to beat a Rhydon because he hit its horn.
    Yeah. So while I've always appreciated the anime's way to make pokemon come alive more than what you see in the games, I still prefer to stick to game facts most often.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • ohoho but the same arguments could be applied to the games. Such as how does a Trainer carry around a Bicycle, 99 Ultra Balls, a couple fossile, ect. in their pack?

How did Pikachu hit a Rhyhorn with its Electric attacks? Rhydon wasn't able to diffuse the electricity into the ground through its horn. I think that logic is more realistic than the constant mechanics of the games. Besides, you can't explain a floating Magnemite being damaged by an Earthquake :P

Shiny Whimsicott

*:・゚✧. :✦*:・゚✧
    Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Mar 31, 2016
    Collapsible bikes aren't that heavy...or maybe they go the capsule corp. Route /shot.

I always thought the bag was bottomless, or everything didn't weigh a ton so our little digital bodies didn't get over-incumbered

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    ohoho but the same arguments could be applied to the games. Such as how does a Trainer carry around a Bicycle, 99 Ultra Balls, a couple fossile, ect. in their pack?

How did Pikachu hit a Rhyhorn with its Electric attacks? Rhydon wasn't able to diffuse the electricity into the ground through its horn. I think that logic is more realistic than the constant mechanics of the games. Besides, you can't explain a floating Magnemite being damaged by an Earthquake :P
    Certainly, a game is a game and not everything can be translated into reality. That's probably why the anime does some things differently. They have to present a more vivid and believable version of the pokémon world.

(the bags are totally Time Lord technology though - bigger on the inside!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Why does Goodra has be to so Slimy ? Doesn't Game Freak Know Kid like Pokemon based on Appearance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Pokémon could come in many different shapes, sizes, and forms, just like animals in real world. The franchise isn't always aimed towards children, per se; it's more or less for everybody. So long as they don't do anything over-top, all's probably well?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Goodra is adorable partially because it's so slimy, so I don't see any problems here. Also, if you read its pokedex entry it loves to give others hugs. :')

Years
  • ...Except that very trainer can get covered in slime from said hugs. x( I didn't really like Goodra at first, but it grew on me. It looks so happy (:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    ...Except that very trainer can get covered in slime from said hugs. x( I didn't really like Goodra at first, but it grew on me. It looks so happy (:
    hahaha, true! my point is though is that Goodra is a bad example of 'why is it like this' because it looks pretty adorable (imo) and it's friendly. I mean, there are better examples for Pokemon that kids might not like rather than Goodra. And even then it's all subjective.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back