• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
  • ^ Actually, it hadn't been two years after B2W2's release before the Wi-Fi was shut down. It was a year after that release that XY came, and then it wasn't until February 2014 that the announcement came that Wi-Fi was no more. There were some fun things I was able to do online I recall having fun with.
    Whoops, guess I must've confused the dates for the XY release and the Nintendo WiFi shutting down. Still, my point stands on the whole thing, especially with the more popular games like Pokemon and Mario Kart like mentioned above.

Years
  • That's really dumb, ignoring the competitive battling I used to do in pokemon on wifi, I also used to do other things for example I used to play Mario Kart online on my DS as well. That's really disappointing that they would shut it down considering how fun and succesful it was overall.

If what I remember is true, it wasn't even their doing (well, not entirely) that made them need to shut it down. I recall that there were servers holding up the Wi-Fi that were about to go down as well (Gamespy, was it?) that were helping them, and they didn't last either.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Suddenly activity in PG! I should resign more often 8)

We should try to do some events in here, shouldn't we? It's just difficult, what with creativity and game stuff being covered by other boards.

Years
  • Suddenly activity in PG! I should resign more often 8)

We should try to do some events in here, shouldn't we? It's just difficult, what with creativity and game stuff being covered by other boards.
    But, that means we'll have to keep bringing you back, and then you'll have to leave again. You can only break my heart so many times </3

Speaking of events... who's up for a return of the Manga Caption Contest over the next couple of weeks?

Years
  • The title of this thread sounds kinda iffy considering Brendan is now modding PGen on his own as Rika somehow decided to 100% focus on the roleplaying stuff.

It was a great adventure Rika, but it's now come to an end.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I won't leave him or this place, ok. I just let him be the sole ruler because he's awesome enough to pull that off <3 (and I should go write my thesis instead of sticking around here, derpp)

The title of the Treehouse DCC didn't always have a mod in it, sometimes other random people. I'm still a regular :3

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    don't worry everyone I will guide brendino should rika be busy

also i don't think anyones time in a forum comes to an end, i don't mod pg anymore but it's still my forum child always xo

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    don't worry everyone I will guide brendino should rika be busy

also i don't think anyones time in a forum comes to an end, i don't mod pg anymore but it's still my forum child always xo
    I don't even remember you, were you like Aegis or something?

@derk lol about time!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ah, doesn't matter anyways. PGen is a place that thrives on new ideas and fresh energy! But sorry, Brendan, I don't think I can hold manga caption contests right now. Maybe another manga enthusiast could help you out?

*holds out hands towards regulars invitingly*

Years
  • Hey, who said I wasn't planning on putting together the caption contest myself (if you don't mind, of course)? Unless, y'know, someone else wants to help me put it together, because in that case I'll be all ears!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey, who said I wasn't planning on putting together the caption contest myself (if you don't mind, of course)? Unless, y'know, someone else wants to help me put it together, because in that case I'll be all ears!
    Haha I was wondering if you wanted to do it yourself, but you always said you knew nothing about the manga. As long as you can get fun panels from somewhere, you'll do fine of course <3

On an unrelated note: I don't follow the anime at all but did Serena cut her hair off?? So cute!!!

Years
  • On an unrelated note: I don't follow the anime at all but did Serena cut her hair off?? So cute!!!

Yeah she does, and this is her redesign in full:
    Spoiler:

That episode will be airing in the US tomorrow, and I am really concerned that the English dubbers are going to ruin the emotional impact that the haircut scene had in the original Japanese version.

I do love how well the scene was handled, it took the typical Asian trope that cutting hair means a new you who wants to erase the past but yeah I kinda felt for her when she was crying and Fennekin and Pancham were comforting her. The long-haired Serena in my opinion was representing her arc where she wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her life while the new short-haired Serena has marked the beginning of her new life as a Pokemon Performer. I know some hate the new design (some of the haters usually bash either the hair or the clothes) but I think it's just as great as her original design.

I somehow I think she got tons more cute with the redesign, but she's the most fashionable female lead we ever had so if you're a huge Serena fan you'd know she looks good in anything. Blame it on XY's in-game trainer customization allowing you to play around with her look so much.

Years
  • Haha I was wondering if you wanted to do it yourself, but you always said you knew nothing about the manga. As long as you can get fun panels from somewhere, you'll do fine of course <3

On an unrelated note: I don't follow the anime at all but did Serena cut her hair off?? So cute!!!
    Hey now, I totally know all about the Pokemon manga. I was one of the last 2 mods of PMC, after all. >_>
    Well, at least I won the caption contest once or twice. That counts as knowledge, right?

And I've been actually meaning to start watching the anime again sometime soon. I've heard some good things about the X/Y seasons, so I figured I'd at least get around to watching some of those episodes. Serena cutting off her hair does sound interesting, and is probably one of the biggest character developments I can think of throughout the series (at least in terms of the main characters).

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I totally love her new look a lot more than the old one! Gonna steal it for a RP hehe.

Years
  • One thing I hope the dub doesn't screw up regarding Serena's haircut (aside from the episode itself) is to change the opening titles to accommodate for her redesign. Leaving the opening titles as they are would cause those who haven't seen the episode to confuse her for a completely new character.

I know we've had the dub change opening titles mid-way through a series before (looking at you, DP Galactic Battles and BW Adventures In Unova) so I do hope it happens. Maybe it can borrow scenes from the current Japanese opening?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Galactic Battles had that really awesome theme where a girl sung, right? "Sometimes, it's hard to know which way you're supposed to go" etc. Loved that. Also the "we will be heroes" one before that was also great.

Years
  • Galactic Battles had that really awesome theme where a girl sung, right? "Sometimes, it's hard to know which way you're supposed to go" etc. Loved that.

Yeah that was Galactic Battles. My fave of the themes was DP Battle Dimension's one, "We Will Be Heroes".

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Advanced Battle theme will always be my most favorite, as far as anime goes, haha. To me, it seemed to have fit the season pretty well!

Back