• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General DCC

Years
  • I still haven't found any shinies since October, before ORAS came out, but there have been a lot of people not in favor of how they've been more common than in previous generations. I'm not one of them, i'll still take any I can get.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Mega Banette is the lightest Megevolved Pokemon So shouldn't it have more Speed ????
    Because Mege Banette Speed is way too low for a light pokemon.

It also a shame that Mega Banette is only 3'11 feet tall .
    Just imagine a 8'11 feet tall Mega Banette , It would like Pokemon version of Mad Hatter (Pandora heart) & Black Rabbit (Pandora Heart)
    506955_1280766713216_full.jpg

Years
  • While I can question why Mega Banette isn't faster for its light weight, there are a couple Pokémon that are heavyweights but still plenty fast on their own. But Ghost-types, since they're known to disappear...

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Have you seen its legs? It's a miracle that thing can waddle, never-mind run.

Why does Banette has to run when it can Fly ???
    Thats another important topic !!!
    Golurk flies faster then Sound yet its speed is only 50 !
    Same goes with Dragonite , It also flies faster then Sound yet he's speed star is 80 !

Years
  • I've always assumed that those were speeds in close combat, rather than their travelling speeds. This makes sense, as I'd expect a Pokemon like Ninjask or Greninja to be speedy within battle by being the first to hit or dodge an attack, but I'd never bet on them to outspeed a Pokemon like Pidgeot in a race.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    I've actually been working on a theory on how fast a Pokémon would travel in real life. After a few tests, I'll also agree that it's more speed in battling, because a Pokémon with a Speed stat of 110 is apparently really fast in the real world. I've been inspired to do this theory after using the Soaring in the Sky mechanic in ORAS.

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    Pokédex entries tend to give a taste on what a Pokémon is like, both in lore and personality. It does talk about its battling potential at times, but that is more about how what it's like in a battle, instead of telling the player that Lugia really can cause 40-day storms. Mienshao's a good example. Its combo attacks apparently tell us they're impossible to avoid, but that more has to do with how fast it is in an actual battle. Same goes for a few others.

Some can be really bizarre, sure, but I still find them to be enjoyable. It's not like they have any part of the story, anyway. :P

Years
  • See: Escavalier, its Pokédex entry on Black states that it flies around at high Speeds. 20 base Speed, anyone?

Ah yes one of the best examples where the Pokedex entry doesn't translate to in-game stats and/or movepools. It pretty much needs Trick Room support to be able to reach the speeds its Dex entry claims.

Then we also have Pidgeot's Dex entry claiming it flies at speeds faster than Mach 2, yet it's around 101 base Speed which is slower than even a Miltank.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe there's a difference at top speed it can reach and quick speed it usually can maintain on close quarter battles? :3 or maybe Speed refers more to agility than actual velocity.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Maybe there's a difference at top speed it can reach and quick speed it usually can maintain on close quarter battles? :3 or maybe Speed refers more to agility than actual velocity.

I think , Speed star represent A Pokemon's running Speed !
    Since Running , Flying and swimming are different .
    That why , Dragonite and Golurk has slow speed ! They can fly very fast But they run really slow.
    Or may be Speed star stand for ''reaction Speed''.

Honestly, I could see why Scyther cannot learn Fly. Not only does it evolve into a Pokémon that loses its Flying type and has smaller wings, but Scyther's body shape really shows that it is not meant for carrying Trainers. I can imagine other Pokémon like Pidgeot and Golurk carrying their Trainers, but Scyther? Nah.

Do you notice that Mega Scizor keep flapping their Wing ??? How much body temperature they has to regulate ?
    Seriously , If Scizor has wing then they should fly ! Who give a dam care about ''Body Temperature ? Seriously Game-freak , Use yer head !
    Does they know how uncool scizor gotten due to their inability to Fly ! Off Course , The Dex entry say Scizor wing aren't use for flying But that doesn't mean Scizor can't use it for flying .
    Come on , Even A Dunspree and Stingfish fly by flapping those tiny wing ! Thats even more ridiculous then Scizor flying.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you notice that Mega Scizor keep flapping their Wing ??? How much body temperature they has to regulate ?
    Seriously , If Scizor has wing then they should fly ! Who give a dam care about ''Body Temperature ? Seriously Game-freak , Use yer head !
    Does they know how uncool scizor gotten due to their inability to Fly ! Off Course , The Dex entry say Scizor wing aren't use for flying But that doesn't mean Scizor can't use it for flying .
    Come on , Even A Dunspree and Stingfish fly by flapping those tiny wing ! Thats even more ridiculous then Scizor flying.
    Dunspree = Dunsparce? And I don't even know what you mean by Stingfish. Mantine?

Body temperature is pretty important for staying alive, I'll have you know.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Dunspree = Dunsparce? And I don't even know what you mean by Stingfish. Mantine?

Body temperature is pretty important for staying alive, I'll have you know.

May be in Real life ! But not in Anime or Game .

Nymphadora

Gift of the Nymphs
    Years
  • Anime/Games are normally based on Real Life...Hence why Dawn/Lucas needed to change into heavier winter clothes in Platinum, to make sure they don't freeze to death

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    According to a review with some people from Game Freak, Pokémon was originally meant to be an alternate universe to our world. It makes sense too when you consider the things you see in Kanto, such as how some Pokémon have evolutions that look similar to what they are right now. That kind of invokes realism, in my opinion. Same goes for a few other Pokémon that represent ongoing issues in real life, like Muk and Weezing.

I guess that's one thing that I prefer in the older games. The games got better over the years, but I like the simple AU tone of Pokémon instead of the silly utopia we all know. :P

Years
  • Really? I'm not sure if I even get what that means, but to me it sounds like how Pokémon in the early generations look alike today.

Although an alternate universe to our world? If things were reverse to what we have today, then I have no idea how that would turn out.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I wouldn't necessarily call the Pokemon world utopian, look at all the evil organizations that try to screw everything up. Not really the best ideals going on there

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I wouldn't necessarily call the Pokemon world utopian, look at all the evil organizations that try to screw everything up. Not really the best ideals going on there
    It's still a world where 10 year olds can travel the countryside and enter a tournament where they fight with their pets/best friends without anyone objecting though. Except maybe Team Plasma.

Back