• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
  • This is one of my favorite hacks, you really did a great job! I have played it several times in different ways since the past 2 years and I want to do it again ^^. Anyway, don't pay any attention to angry people who does not show respect to a long process work like rom hacking. ( Sorry for my bad/weird english).

Ttar0914

Years
  • I have a question for the rest of you - how completed is the hack? Up to what point in the game? I'm not sure if the new builds are just bug fixes or what. & I can't access the patch file! Anyone else having this issue?
    The current build goes up to the old warehouse North of Mandarin City. There will be a short cutscene with the second of the 4 highest Team Nexus Members, which ends the build afterwards, since there's nothing downstairs yet.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016
    So LaZ and Zeikku, I want to thank you guys (and everybody else who put their time and effort into this ROM hack) for making such a great game, it really gives a good nostalgic feeling to my childhood and along with that, fhe Orange Island Bonus evemt makes it even better.

Currently, I was using Version 3.3 00332 something, and when I tried to get to the Mandarin Islands, all that was there was an incomplete island wall. I then got the UniPatcher for my android (Galaxy Tab 4) to try and patch it with version 3.3 00511 but I ran into two problems:
    1. Although I saved onto a New Rom, I could not use my old save file.
    2. Playing this patch, everytime I went to Elm's to choose a pokemon, it would freeze, then restart to the titlte screen.

I really want to continue this game, help?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2015
    So, I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I downloaded the ROM and got up to Mandarin Island (version 3.3 00100, yes I know, it's old), and then I went up and there was nothing there. I presumed it was just an old build so I patched the newest version and now, for whatever reason, I cannot use any field moves without the game freezing. I can't Fly or Surf anywhere. The game will freeze. Also, whenever I walk a little bit sometimes I see that the screen will do the poison animation when I'm walking and all my party Pokemon have lost 1 HP, despite not being poisoned. I'm not sure what's going on, but I really think I messed up somewhere in the patching but I don't want to start over because I've come so far. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Uto_Maikeru

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • So, I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I downloaded the ROM and got up to Mandarin Island (version 3.3 00100, yes I know, it's old), and then I went up and there was nothing there. I presumed it was just an old build so I patched the newest version and now, for whatever reason, I cannot use any field moves without the game freezing. I can't Fly or Surf anywhere. The game will freeze. Also, whenever I walk a little bit sometimes I see that the screen will do the poison animation when I'm walking and all my party Pokemon have lost 1 HP, despite not being poisoned. I'm not sure what's going on, but I really think I messed up somewhere in the patching but I don't want to start over because I've come so far. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Uto_Maikeru

I do know that the poisoned part is put in on purpose by LaZ to increase difficulty. As for the utility moves problem, I have no idea on how to rectify that. Maybe a post by LaZ might clear up some questions. (You'll have to look a couple of pages back, I would guess about 5 pages. Not entirely sure though, just a guesstimate)

linkandzelda

Ex-rom hacker turned indie game developer
    Years
  • So, I'm not exactly sure what's going on. I downloaded the ROM and got up to Mandarin Island (version 3.3 00100, yes I know, it's old), and then I went up and there was nothing there. I presumed it was just an old build so I patched the newest version and now, for whatever reason, I cannot use any field moves without the game freezing. I can't Fly or Surf anywhere. The game will freeze. Also, whenever I walk a little bit sometimes I see that the screen will do the poison animation when I'm walking and all my party Pokemon have lost 1 HP, despite not being poisoned. I'm not sure what's going on, but I really think I messed up somewhere in the patching but I don't want to start over because I've come so far. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Uto_Maikeru

The poison is indeed on purpose, and part of events surrounding the orange islands. As for the field move bug, that is fixed by patching to a clean FR rom, which you should be doing with every new build update. Can rename the rom to match your old save and everything will continue to work.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Can someone point me in the direction of a non-video walkthrough for this? Google can't. If not may write one myself, easily the best hack I've ever played, smashed elite four first turn with Gengar, Tysplosion, Steelix, Sneasel, Kingdra and Suicune.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • So you responded to getting out of that rut by releasing exactly zero builds since april. You just outed yourself. Itb's not outside issues causing you not to hack, it's you.

I see you also deleted the Liquid Crystal updates page linked in your signature to CYA and make it harder to put the severe lack of progress into perspective. Lol good game, bro.

Again, we don't have to release builds according to you or anyone else - live betas were created so we could release patches in our own time and not the other way round. It isn't a guarantee that a patch will launch daily, weekly or monthly. So what if there was a gap? It doesn't mean other people don't have priorities. If you think making a pokémon game is more important than your own life, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Please refrain from posting if you do not support this hack or I'll flag it as spam.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    Again, we don't have to release builds according to you or anyone else - live betas were created so we could release patches in our own time and not the other way round. It isn't a guarantee that a patch will launch daily, weekly or monthly. So what if there was a gap? It doesn't mean other people don't have priorities. If you think making a pokémon game is more important than your own life, then you need to re-evaluate your priorities.

Please refrain from posting if you do not support this hack or I'll flag it as spam.

That's all well and good, but own up to it instead of blatantly lying. Back up your claims with action or otherwise don't get butthurt when I speak the truth. End of story.

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2016

Hey Zeikku, if you can, can you answer my question? How can I continue my old save file on the new patch? I posted not too long ago, and I'm awaiting a response, please and thank you.

Zeikku™

Johto remaker
    Years
  • That's all well and good, but own up to it instead of blatantly lying. Back up your claims with action or otherwise don't get butthurt when I speak the truth. End of story.

You're still here? No one's butthurt. We're not lying, you just refuse to accept anything we say. Why would I care what one person has to say if it's absolutely negative and unsupportive? Especially when we're well over the 500,000 download mark for this game. Action is almost nine years worth of development, which is more than most put into their projects. Show our developers some respect, instead of focusing on what you didn't get.

Even when we're not directly working on the game LaZ runs romhack.me, and we both run the Facebook page, check the thread, support streamers and YouTubers between development. Do you know how many people report bugs and need help to progress? There's more to the game than just releasing it. Good support and a good community make this game what it is, if you don't like that well, then - there's the door.

This is why we don't give release dates and probably won't for a long time. Live betas are for releasing improvements within our time constraints and not yours, people. That may sound bad to you, but it means the level of quality will be higher and bugs can be ironed out as they pop up.

Hey Zeikku, if you can, can you answer my question? How can I continue my old save file on the new patch? I posted not too long ago, and I'm awaiting a response, please and thank you.

It depends as some events may have been added since the creation of your old save, so you may have missed ones that lead to new story paths and events. That's why we recommend restarting saves upon download, but there's no harm in trying. It'll load up, so just see if you can progress in-game. I can't help without knowing where the save point is at.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Sorry to re-post: had a lot of fun tonight playing with tools that let me see the pokemon in each area and also loads of hidden areas, items and gifts. Is there a necessity for an official walkthrough??

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Sorry to re-post: had a lot of fun tonight playing with tools that let me see the pokemon in each area and also loads of hidden areas, items and gifts. Is there a necessity for an official walkthrough??

So far, I only know one person (my brother) who would like a walkthrough. Other than that, I think only a few people would want one.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
  • Sup.
    I've just started a New Save, i'll be re-playing slowly the game.. Again <3
    (In my previous save some months ago i've reached an empty spot on the Orange Islands, it was after the 2nd or 3rd gym, i don't remember now..)

Anyway, i have some little bugs to report.

-With the GBP Card, Newbark Town's music sounds weird, not like in G/S/C
    -With the GBP Card, the "You got X Pokémon" and "You got X item" sounds, sounds like the GBA ones, not the GB/C ones.
    -With the GBP Card, the "You got X Berry" sound, sounds like the GBA one too.
    -With the GBP Card, the "Healing" sound, sounds like the GBA one too.
    -With the GBP Card, the sound when Oak gives you the Pokedex sounds like the GBA one too.
    -Just captured my first Pokémon, the tradeable Bellsprout, and the Pokedex looked bugged as hell when its data was shown xDD
    -Captured Gastly, pokedex data entry messed up too.

If i find some more, i'll edit <3

Last edited:

Pokelovar

*Rushes to catch legendaries*
    Years
  • Can anyone tell me where to find Rayquaza? I've completed the Cave Of Wisdom challenge and I have both Groudon and Kyogre on my team.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • Hey LinkAndZelda. I've been wondering, where can I get Moonstones? I have a Jigglypuff and a Haunter, so this would be incredibly useful.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2015
    You're still here? No one's butthurt. We're not lying, you just refuse to accept anything we say. Why would I care what one person has to say if it's absolutely negative and unsupportive? Especially when we're well over the 500,000 download mark for this game. Action is almost nine years worth of development, which is more than most put into their projects. Show our developers some respect, instead of focusing on what you didn't get.

Even when we're not directly working on the game LaZ runs romhack.me, and we both run the Facebook page, check the thread, support streamers and YouTubers between development. Do you know how many people report bugs and need help to progress? There's more to the game than just releasing it. Good support and a good community make this game what it is, if you don't like that well, then - there's the door.

This is why we don't give release dates and probably won't for a long time. Live betas are for releasing improvements within our time constraints and not yours, people. That may sound bad to you, but it means the level of quality will be higher and bugs can be ironed out as they pop up.

Your posts are so easy to see through it's ridiculous. Too busy with romhack.me? He's barely ever there, and the members there complain that he never fixes anything. Too busy responding to people in this thread? You and LaZ post in this thread about three times a year combined. You two have responded to me in this small conversation more times than you've helped people in the thread in the past 3 years combined (funny for someone whose opinion you don't care about). Fixing bugs? That's why there've been hardly any major builds outside of fixing tiles or movement permissions. I mean come on dude, you're just pulling these out of your rectum at this point.

Like I said, it's completely fine if you don't want to progress the development, and you don't owe it to anyone. But take a look in the mirror and own up to what's happened.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2015
    well i was playing through the game like a normal person, I surfed and now I'm stuck... instead of being on slowbro I'm just sitting on nothing and can't go on land.

Back