• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Liquid Crystal [3.3.xxxxx Live Beta]

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2016
    Is there a way to change the EXP gaining system and the physical/special split back to 3rd gen mechanics? and if so how do i do it? It's just for this hack and only for personal use.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Hiya. I really hope this post isn't somehow against the rules. This is just something that I threw together using GIMP and Libre Writer. The Suicune on the cover is from deviantart.com and by blazegryph. The Liquid Crystal logo is also from deviantart.com and is by jinxabarda598. (I haven't asked permission to use these yet as I was just doing a quick mock-up for the idea of this guide but will definitly do so if enough people are interested.)

I'm mostly just doing this guide as a fun side project for myself for when I play LC again in the future. The only walkthroughs and helps for it that I could really find were videos and personally I really hate watching a video walkthrough. I prefer to read and quickly scan for what I'm looking for instead of going through dozens of videos each 20 min just to find out one section (yes, I know most have descriptive names but that's beside my point...).

I uploaded a small pdf with this post to give an idea what I'm doing. Unfortunately I have real life to deal with as I make and sell RPGs and board games as well as professional tailoring, so my time for this is limited and would probably be one area a week or so.

Anyway, as stated, I'm really just doing this for myself, but thought that if anyone else is as frustrated as I am with finding a proper walkthrough and info hub for Liquid Crystal than I could make it available to everyone to use. So yeah, if you would be interested let me know here and I'll keep working on it. I was hoping that maybe LaZ would even host it on his LC website when it's done if he thinks it's professional enough.

Though if people aren't interested in it I'll just let it fade away into oblivion....

This looks really good! It would be awesome if you were to get every little detail, as that would entail a lot of work. If you do plan on doing this, I wish you the best of luck ^^

Years
  • This looks really good! It would be awesome if you were to get every little detail, as that would entail a lot of work. If you do plan on doing this, I wish you the best of luck ^^

Thanks! Glad someone is actually interested in it! Here are two updates. The first just just a little extra on the walkthrough and the second is how to catch some of the legendaries. If anyone can give me some feedback on how clear it is to understand or how I could improve it?

Attachments

• Walkthrough.pdf
      741.5 KB · Views: 143
    • LegendaryRoundup.pdf
      1.9 MB · Views: 105

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Anyone know where I can find Chinchou? I fished everywhere he appears in the original Crystal but nothing. I've only made it to Olivine I just want Lanturn as an addition to my team.

EDIT: If I can't grab him until later in the game I'll just go with Kingdra and just not have an electric Pokemon. Also where's Thunderbolt? I need it for my Magneton.

Last edited:

Dangerous00

KingDangerlll
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2017
    Originally posted by CraigShaw
    Thanks! Glad someone is actually interested in it! Here are two updates. The first just just a little extra on the walkthrough and the second is how to catch some of the legendaries. If anyone can give me some feedback on how clear it is to understand or how I could improve it?
    December 21st, 2015 1:25 PM

Sir What you have done is something that rivals the game itself if no one sees and appreciates this I do btw did I mention how awesome this walkthrough is.??????

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2015
    Hi, I really want to start playing this game, I just have some questions:

It's said that the game is 99% finished, does that mean that a part of the game lake? (without spoil, I just want to know if the 1% left is part of the storyline, or something that will prevent the player from finising the game)
    Is there a post giving all pokémon locations?

Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I like this game alot but...

Foly Huck, B/W experience system is the worst experience system in the whole pokemon series, and it should not be used in hacks. It works in B/W only because there was that pink blob full of rare candies called Audino. But guess what? There's no Audinos in Liquid Crystal :/ It does not make the game better, just more grindy and frustrating just for the sake of "new features".

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Thanks! Glad someone is actually interested in it! Here are two updates. The first just just a little extra on the walkthrough and the second is how to catch some of the legendaries. If anyone can give me some feedback on how clear it is to understand or how I could improve it?

Aside from the rushed ending at the end of the walkthrough, I'd say you're good so far. That's... actually all I have to say :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2019
    Hi, I really want to start playing this game, I just have some questions:

It's said that the game is 99% finished, does that mean that a part of the game lake? (without spoil, I just want to know if the 1% left is part of the storyline, or something that will prevent the player from finising the game)
    Is there a post giving all pokémon locations?

Thanks.

The whole main game is finishable. The post game isnt done. But that wont affect the main story.

Years
  • Sir What you have done is something that rivals the game itself if no one sees and appreciates this I do btw did I mention how awesome this walkthrough is.������

Cool, thanks! I was giving up on anyone being interested in this, so you kinda saved it in a way. :-)

Aside from the rushed ending at the end of the walkthrough, I'd say you're good so far. That's... actually all I have to say :P

Thanks for the Feedback. If you're talking about the Legendary Round Up being rushed at the end where I just have a few sentences for the legendary birds and Lugia, that's only because those sections aren't done yet. If you are talking about the walkthrough pdf Mystery Egg part, those are also just quick notes. They are just for me to remember where I was when I get time to add to it again. So have no fear! :-P

Years
    • Seen today
    This has to be one of the cleanest hacks I've ever played!

I've recently decided to replay it with a Haunter on my team & I badly want to evolve it into Gengar. Is it only me or does VBA Link crash when you try trading with yourself? I mean trading on the same computer but between 2 different sav files.

Years
  • This has to be one of the cleanest hacks I've ever played!

I've recently decided to replay it with a Haunter on my team & I badly want to evolve it into Gengar. Is it only me or does VBA Link crash when you try trading with yourself? I mean trading on the same computer but between 2 different sav files.

Hi. You don't need to trade to evolve Haunter. I don't remember offhand though - but you either need to use a Moon Stone on it or level it up enough. Hope that helps.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi. You don't need to trade to evolve Haunter. I don't remember offhand though - but you either need to use a Moon Stone on it or level it up enough. Hope that helps.

Cheers! Any idea on how to eventually evolve my Poliwhirl into Politoed?

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    is this hacks already included gen 6 pokemon and gen 6 mechanics? or its went with gen 3 standart?

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2019
    Gosh darnit! I literally made my account here because I started playing this romhack! Pretty much a Pokemon romkid's wet dream. I'm at Red right now - it's been quite a ride thus far. Of course there are still many bugs to iron out, and I hope the devs will do it. Most important thing is the TM digging minigame - a feature of immense usefulness for getting unlimited TMs in-game and customizing your Pokes without the TMs being gone forever with the feeling that they could've been used better. The problem is that every time after the first the shovel breaks on the first try! I know this bug has been around for over 2 years now, but it would really, really help if it got fixed. My Pidgeot would probably be a bit more useful with Steel Wing and Mud Slap, lol. Also, on the first try where the shovel works properly it's possible to dig multiple times in the same spot despite it showing the hole sprite and all - I believe this also might not have been intended.

Of course I've noticed several more bugs and minor English slips, but I'm sure they've all been reported over those last two years. So if tl;dr - FIX THE TM DIGGING MINIGAME PLEASE.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2019
    Gosh darnit! I literally made my account here because I started playing this romhack! Pretty much a Pokemon romkid's wet dream. I'm at Red right now - it's been quite a ride thus far. Of course there are still many bugs to iron out, and I hope the devs will do it. Most important thing is the TM digging minigame - a feature of immense usefulness for getting unlimited TMs in-game and customizing your Pokes without the TMs being gone forever with the feeling that they could've been used better. The problem is that every time after the first the shovel breaks on the first try! I know this bug has been around for over 2 years now, but it would really, really help if it got fixed. My Pidgeot would probably be a bit more useful with Steel Wing and Mud Slap, lol. Also, on the first try where the shovel works properly it's possible to dig multiple times in the same spot despite it showing the hole sprite and all - I believe this also might not have been intended.

Of course I've noticed several more bugs and minor English slips, but I'm sure they've all been reported over those last two years. So if tl;dr - FIX THE TM DIGGING MINIGAME PLEASE.

It will be fixed when somebody starts working on the hack.

Back