• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2023
    I for one prefer a different/more difficult playstyle by way of level caps than the same old tiring sweep of a game by overleveling.

For people out there whose main strat is overleveling, I'm not hating. But try EV/IV training instead. You'll learn something new and more importantly, you will get to see your EV trained mons thrashing everything at their level. And trust me, it will feel better.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    blademaster.png

Blademaster gives a 1.2x boost to sword/cutting moves on top of a +1 crit hit ratio. It's an insane buff to Mega Gallade, so his attack has been reduced from 165->155. Blademaster will also be on Farfetch'd and Duoblade.
    I like this idea. Too bad Farfetch'd can't evolve into Sirfetch'd or learn Sacred Sword...

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2020
    I'm not so much into hacking industry, so will just ask straight up.

Are the impossible evolutions changed? For example, will the Timburr I found in Mt.Moon evolve into Conk just by level up?

Years
  • Yui-san, you are awesome, hope fully game soon, your hack is nearly my dream since old days, hope you add some sprite pokemon move around so the hack will be more "live" (maybe batte them), good luck!

Years
  • I'm not so much into hacking industry, so will just ask straight up.

Are the impossible evolutions changed? For example, will the Timburr I found in Mt.Moon evolve into Conk just by level up?

TImburr evolves by a new item called the Link Stone, you can find it in Celadon Department store

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Loving the hack so far, but here are some quick errors ive noted
    - During the first half of Dig, Bugsy's Ariados used Fell Stinger and it somehow still hit me. A Timburr used Low Sweep shortly after and it also hit me during the invulnerable stage.
    - Charge Beam has 10% accuracy

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Also, DexNav breaks through the Ghost thing in Lavender Town, so you can get wild encounters even before you get the Silph Scope.

Years
  • Loving the hack so far, but here are some quick errors ive noted
    - During the first half of Dig, Bugsy's Ariados used Fell Stinger and it somehow still hit me. A Timburr used Low Sweep shortly after and it also hit me during the invulnerable stage.
    - Charge Beam has 10% accuracy

Also, DexNav breaks through the Ghost thing in Lavender Town, so you can get wild encounters even before you get the Silph Scope.

Thank you for reporting! I will fix the Charge Beam bug. Ariados using Fell Stinger hit you during Dig because it has No Guard. I'm not sure about the Timburr situation though.

Not sure what I could do about the DexNav situation with ghosts atm, it doesn't seem like an outrageous bug so I guess it'll stay for now. I'll add it to the Bugs list. Glad you're enjoying the game!

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    Any specific reasons why not? I gave it a whirl and it's been fine so far, but I didn't even get to Viridian Forest yet, so idk.

People have been saying that the game will crash when you go to the Pokemon summary screen or reporting issues with black screens in general when using mGBA

Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2024
    I just beat the league. I felt like I was overpowered through the first half or so, stomped until Eirika's gym kind of easily. But then it starts to get harder and even some common trainers gave me a hard time. That last Giovanni fight was incredibly hard. Not a complaining though, it was beatable, but oh boy did it hurt.
    Really glad with the buffs you gave to certain pokemon. Tsareena with striker is a BEAST, she carried me the half end of the game (specially the league, her and charizard), and I used a Ledian since the start. Definetely stronger at lower levels with all those punches, and a little less useful later, but he killed the last pokemon in the league. Still powerful.

A couple of comments. The egg tutor in fuchsia doesn't say anything about heart scales, I thought it wasn't implemented yet until I talked with him randomly after I got a heart scale, and he asked for it. I don't think this is intentional?
    And also not sure if intentional, but strenght didn't work on seaform island, you had to teach to a pokemon and then used it on the rocks. Nothing major, but not sure if it's designed like this.

All in all, it was a great hack, I enjoyed it all the way!

Years
  • I just beat the league. I felt like I was overpowered through the first half or so, stomped until Eirika's gym kind of easily. But then it starts to get harder and even some common trainers gave me a hard time. That last Giovanni fight was incredibly hard. Not a complaining though, it was beatable, but oh boy did it hurt.
    Really glad with the buffs you gave to certain pokemon. Tsareena with striker is a BEAST, she carried me the half end of the game (specially the league, her and charizard), and I used a Ledian since the start. Definetely stronger at lower levels with all those punches, and a little less useful later, but he killed the last pokemon in the league. Still powerful.

A couple of comments. The egg tutor in fuchsia doesn't say anything about heart scales, I thought it wasn't implemented yet until I talked with him randomly after I got a heart scale, and he asked for it. I don't think this is intentional?
    And also not sure if intentional, but strenght didn't work on seaform island, you had to teach to a pokemon and then used it on the rocks. Nothing major, but not sure if it's designed like this.

All in all, it was a great hack, I enjoyed it all the way!
    Wow, you must be the first person to complete it outside of my testers. Congrats! Did you happen to take a screenshot of the Hall of Fame by any chance? And if you didn't, list your team and I'll try to add it to the Hall of Fame section.
    Yeah, the Heart Scale was a glitch I totally forgot to fix it. I'll try to add some additional dialogue in the next bug fix. I'll look into the Strength boulders in Seafoam Islands as well. Thank you for reporting.

The buffs are definitely one of my favorite features of this game and I definitely put a lot of thought into them with some of my testers, so I'm glad you put them to good use :)

I tried to make the game difficult but not in a frustrating way (although it may feel that way near the end since I did try to amp it up), so I hope that experience delivered.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    It seems like the ability Gale Wings on the gifted fletching isn't working. Idk if I'm the only one

Back