• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Radical Red (VERSION 4.1 RELEASED! Gen 9 DLC Pokemon, Character Customization now available!)

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Just started playing and i downloaded the documentation. I'm not sure if it's a problem on my end but the base stats file cuts off after ivysaur and the pokedex ends after gen 4.

It's weird with the base stats, it shows fully on my end. PokéDex indeed only has the first 4 gens done, we are still working on the rest, but it's gonna take some more time (hopefully a month at most).

Where do I find Galarian Pontya?
    There is a google drive folder link in the first post or on discord containing lots of documentation for the game, INCLUDING wild pokémon locations. Please check there in the future. Galarian Ponyta is located on Route 24 only at nights, at daytime it's Kantonian Ponyta.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2023
    Loving this hack so far! The attention to detail and features list is pretty staggering.

If I have 1 criticism, it's that the difficulty is a bit inconsistent. Some gyms/bosses feel perfect, and some feel rather extreme in difficulty. Morty in Lavender Town is the one that stands out to me as ridiculous. I had a full level capped, balanced team and had zero chance of beating him in ~10 tries. Mega Gengar + Flare Boost Drifblim just dominated me.

Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2021
    This hack is excellent so far, the difficulty and overall polish are great! I have to say, I was in shock the first time I saw the computer AI actually switch out of a bad matchup into a good one for them

One question: How do you get any of the fossil pokemon, besides Omanyte/Kabuto from Mt. Moon? I checked the pokemon location and item documentation and couldn't find either the pokemon themselves or the corresponding fossils.

Also one suggestion, I know this is modeled after the Drayano hacks, and one of the great features of his hacks are all gym leaders and boss battles have a full team of 6, on top of good IVs and EVs. Maybe something to think about for the next update, but honestly, the AI improvements in this hack make up for that.

Years
  • This hack is excellent so far, the difficulty and overall polish are great! I have to say, I was in shock the first time I saw the computer AI actually switch out of a bad matchup into a good one for them

One question: How do you get any of the fossil pokemon, besides Omanyte/Kabuto from Mt. Moon? I checked the pokemon location and item documentation and couldn't find either the pokemon themselves or the corresponding fossils.

Also one suggestion, I know this is modeled after the Drayano hacks, and one of the great features of his hacks are all gym leaders and boss battles have a full team of 6, on top of good IVs and EVs. Maybe something to think about for the next update, but honestly, the AI improvements in this hack make up for that.

Go to cinnabar lab i think its door 2 talk to him the professor he will give you a fossil pokemon per day

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2022
    Can a Pikachu found in Viridian Forest hold a Light Ball instead of an Oran Berry?

Years
  • I'm having a problem with the egg vendor at Vermillion. She freezes that game.
    yeah sorry about that, it appears some of the egg vendors can freeze the game. I'm unable to diagnose why, but I'm assuming there's a specific set of rolls that may freeze the game. For instance, on my save and a couple of my other friends we've been able to buy all 3. I got the save file of someone's who did freeze so i'll see if I can fix this in the next patch

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2021
    Hi Soupercell. I really love your work here. Totally awesome work you have here.
    I have a little issues here. How can i playing this new version without startover on android? Fyi i use john GBA emulator on Samsung.
    Glad if you can answer. Thanks before

Years
  • Hi Soupercell. I really love your work here. Totally awesome work you have here.
    I have a little issues here. How can i playing this new version without startover on android? Fyi i use john GBA emulator on Samsung.
    Glad if you can answer. Thanks before

If the version you are playing on is before 2.0 then you will have to start over. If your version is 2.0 and you want to update, the FAQ section in this thread should be able to address that.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Great job loving it so far . i have a suggestion why not make spike cannon Dual Water/Steel attack it would be great for cloyster having a better water stab than razor shell because of skill link .
    hope you change your mind one day regarding Arceus and Type:null /Silvally

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2021
    Have to say this is one of the best ROM Hacks I've ever played, and maybe my favorite FireRed remake besides Ultra Violet. Having completed it I can say I had a blast all the way though, even if I got mildly frustrated at times when I ran into a brick wall.

In terms of difficulty, I can say it is the first ROM Hack to have pushed me to actually EV train my entire team but the tools to do so in a fast and easy manner were provided. Besides that there were a couple of resets in the endgame due to poor luck and bad leads, but that's natural in a challenge hack like this I think. The only thing I can say annoyed me was the extreme stinginess from most trainers. Having equipped the Amulet Coin as quickly as I could I still only had 4/6 pokemon 'perfected' by the time of the e4. I don't know if being forced to grind for Meowth nuggets is intentional as part of the challenge, but it was quite time consuming even with the Pokenav. Regardless, overall, I can say the hack is challenging but not unfair which is a tough balance to hit.

On the note of criticism there isn't much to say, the game is extremely polished all the way through, although personally I think Giovanni 2 might be a little too tough given the tools available at the time :P. Only real glitch I ran into is one after the end of the game which has already been addressed in version 2.1.

I had an extremely fun time and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this awesome hack soupercell, good luck in your next project!

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
    Years
  • I've tried to avoid gen 8 as much as possible, due to personal reasons, but your hack looks so much fun. Maybe I won't spoil myself that much if I try it%)

Years
  • Have to say this is one of the best ROM Hacks I've ever played, and maybe my favorite FireRed remake besides Ultra Violet. Having completed it I can say I had a blast all the way though, even if I got mildly frustrated at times when I ran into a brick wall.

In terms of difficulty, I can say it is the first ROM Hack to have pushed me to actually EV train my entire team but the tools to do so in a fast and easy manner were provided. Besides that there were a couple of resets in the endgame due to poor luck and bad leads, but that's natural in a challenge hack like this I think. The only thing I can say annoyed me was the extreme stinginess from most trainers. Having equipped the Amulet Coin as quickly as I could I still only had 4/6 pokemon 'perfected' by the time of the e4. I don't know if being forced to grind for Meowth nuggets is intentional as part of the challenge, but it was quite time consuming even with the Pokenav. Regardless, overall, I can say the hack is challenging but not unfair which is a tough balance to hit.

On the note of criticism there isn't much to say, the game is extremely polished all the way through, although personally I think Giovanni 2 might be a little too tough given the tools available at the time :P. Only real glitch I ran into is one after the end of the game which has already been addressed in version 2.1.

I had an extremely fun time and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for this awesome hack soupercell, good luck in your next project!

it's definitely possible to beat the playthrough without needing perfect Ivs(a decent amount of people have beat it with only 1 or 2, it really depends on the team comp and some of the cheese strats you may use). But I'm glad you were able to enjoy it, the goal was to make it extremely difficult while having a lot of resources available to compensate for it.

Penny55gg

Idiot
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    I can't beat Erika. Her Mega Venu is unstoppable, always sweeps through my team. I've been having a good time with this hack, but I might stop. I changed my team so much but I still lose one way or another. It's not even fair anymore.

Back