• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
Years
  • Klippy! Can I get a copy of the world map without all the annotations and points of interest on it? In other words, just the image itself? I need it for Let's Play stuff.

I'm getting real sick and po'd of this. I don't get how I end up doing nice things, I end up having things stolen (which was resolved), places where I can't build but yet everyone can build wherever they want (having stuff torn down), as well as my 3 mega portals broken. Seriously, this is the last straw. I'm done. Even if the problems do get resolved, something else will happen yet again, so I'm finished with this. > : (

What happened now? If it was the portals, I think Klippy broke them the other night to try and get the lag down when I was attempting the Gauntlet for the first time, which did seem to help (the lag).

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • penta noo :(
    Something is causing the lag, but I really doubt it was the trees since the server was lagging like hell when I logged in earlier.

Things tend to get laggy if the server doesn't get restarted regularly, so it's proably about time for that.

And on a side note, I put up a bridge over the tree farm to Wels's pathway.

Being near tree farms has always been a problem for me idk. Thats why I had to take down mine on Verdanturf 2.0 and I def get laggier immediately when I grow giant spruces. It's less a problem when I can't see them- I only get minimal freezing when I run through my sugar farm- but it's definitely the trees for me. :(

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Y'all need to update your Java or something because I have had minimal issues with lag. I know that villagers can cause slowdowns, especially if we haven't been killing any of the villagers that have been nonstop spawning for weeks now. Maybe we should push their house elsewhere, far from town.

Anna I don't where your issue with trees is coming from but maybe you should change graphics to Fast if it's not already set to that because the transparent leaves could be causing issues.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Also, for those that seem to have lag as well, check the optifine thread on minecraftforum.net. On page 2118 and 2120, sp614x has alpha releases of optifine on there, A1 and A2. I recommend A1 because the chunks don't take long to load... also I know there is a bug with the doors, but eh. Btw I'm getting very low to non-existant lag with those 3 portals I had.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • The lag is real in this server

I wish I could play but I just can't

I'm getting real sick and po'd of this. I don't get how I end up doing nice things, I end up having things stolen (which was resolved), places where I can't build but yet everyone can build wherever they want (having stuff torn down), as well as my 3 mega portals broken. Seriously, this is the last straw. I'm done. Even if the problems do get resolved, something else will happen yet again, so I'm finished with this. > : (

I took three obsidian blocks down to relieve wels' lag as the portals were even lagging me. I don't get ANY lag anywhere on the server but select locations and that was one. I don't mind replacing those three blocks! It's honestly not a big deal and I wish you'd just come to Matt or I to talk about stuff. No need to be upset or get upset. Him or I can fix literally ANYTHING that happens on the server with almost zero problems.

Klippy! Can I get a copy of the world map without all the annotations and points of interest on it? In other words, just the image itself? I need it for Let's Play stuff.

kk! If I forget to do it early today, remind me via VM/PM and I'll shoot it over to you. :)

Y'all need to update your Java or something because I have had minimal issues with lag. I know that villagers can cause slowdowns, especially if we haven't been killing any of the villagers that have been nonstop spawning for weeks now. Maybe we should push their house elsewhere, far from town.

Anna I don't where your issue with trees is coming from but maybe you should change graphics to Fast if it's not already set to that because the transparent leaves could be causing issues.

Honestly, I agree because I get tons of lag at spawn and it usually is when I fly over the Villager Hut, but I'm not gonna ask Penta to move something else (unless he's actually done on the server, in which case I'll move it and just spawn some new villagers).

As far as everyone lagging (I know a lot of us get it), I will speak to Matt and see if we can contact BeastNode. They might be the issue, but I believe the server is equipped to handle 38 people so you'd think it could handle our minimal building.

And in other news...the Tomb of Heka is complete and ready to be explored! Please go into it one at a time as multiple people in it at once breaks it. :) Thanks and please tell me what you all think. I'll build a portal to it in the Transport Hub today.

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Alrighty guys, time for today's BIG IMPORTANT VIDEO UPDATE POST!

First off, as some of you know, I've been recording little "Special Edition" episodes on the server, offering glimpses into what the PC SMP server is all about. I've had a few requests to turn it into a full-fledged series, but I'm already juggling a total of 5 ongoing series right now. So, here's how this is going to go down. Below is the most recent Special Edition episode (Pokecommunity SMP Server - Ep. 3). If this video gets 10 likes on Youtube by Saturday, I will go ahead and make a full-fledged series out of my playtime on this server. I think this is the easiest way to judge the actual Youtube interest in this potential series. Here's the latest episode:

If that video does NOT get 10 likes by Saturday, I will just go ahead an continue Pokecommunity SMP videos as "Special Edition" episodes; in other words, I'll just do them randomly when I feel like it, rather than regularly as I would with an actual series.

Now, as an ADDED BONUS for the day... here's my Gauntlet run from last night, which was a blast!

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Alrighty guys, time for today's BIG IMPORTANT VIDEO UPDATE POST!

First off, as some of you know, I've been recording little "Special Edition" episodes on the server, offering glimpses into what the PC SMP server is all about. I've had a few requests to turn it into a full-fledged series, but I'm already juggling a total of 5 ongoing series right now. So, here's how this is going to go down. Below is the most recent Special Edition episode (Pokecommunity SMP Server - Ep. 3). If this video gets 10 likes on Youtube by Saturday, I will go ahead and make a full-fledged series out of my playtime on this server. I think this is the easiest way to judge the actual Youtube interest in this potential series. Here's the latest episode:

If that video does NOT get 10 likes by Saturday, I will just go ahead an continue Pokecommunity SMP videos as "Special Edition" episodes; in other words, I'll just do them randomly when I feel like it, rather than regularly as I would with an actual series.

Now, as an ADDED BONUS for the day... here's my Gauntlet run from last night, which was a blast!

Twooooo notes! ;D

1) The house you entered after checking out the Skull Emporium and Gauntlet was my lakehouse! Haha. I haven't bothered working on it for awhile. :P

2) Gunnerpow and Juno are both pretty ladies, not men! :)

Awesome video overall though. I especially enjoyed the fact that 50% of it was about me<3

As for the Gauntlet vid...I have never seen the damage dealt before when I spawn mobs, so I'm realizing that I made it far too easy on you guys if you're able to get out of the first four levels with barely any damage! This must be fixed. :)

CLUTCH save at Level 8! So intense actually seeing your health dwindle, haha!

One of my favorite things about the last two vids (Episode 3 and Gauntlet) is the fact that White Mage is now a supporting character in the show. :P He's been with you in two episodes! Haha.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • For the vault area you went in, it's owner was banned from the server for 'supposedly' stealing stuff.

I say supposedly, because El Hero didn't care about asking anyone for information, he decided to go of half cocked because some of his stuff went missing as well.

For refrence, here's the post and why the listed reasons are crap

Furthermore, AxeBeard McBeardAxe, I am temporarily banning you from the server. After logging onto the server and finding all of my Gunpowder and Spider Eyes stolen, I remembered how you were saying you were trying to brew stuff and after doing some detective work found underneath your house a secret bunker containing:
    All of my Gunpowder
    All of my Spider Eyes
    My 2 Glass Bottles
    My Red Stone
    All of Penta Penguin's Iron
    Penta Peguin's Ender Pearl
    We do not tolerate this kind of behavior. I said I'll take action and I am. Do not mess with the people of this server, as it's supposed to made for fun for everyone.

One, the bunker was hardly a secret. Axe announced that he was building the thing, and the ones on the server at that time made a game of trying to 'guess' (ie, shout random/funny numbers) the password.

As for the specific items, the bulk of the power and eyes he got from me. I had no use for what I'd collected, so I'd given it to him since he was collection potion stuff at the time. Additionally, this was when the border was small and mobs spawned like crazy in town so it's not that much of a suprise for anyone to have built up a collection.

For the bottles, he was fishing and caught one of them as a junk item. Again, as he was collecting potion items at the time he kept it. No idea where he got the second bottle though, but I'd seen em catch the first so I'd feel safe on betting that he caught the other one later.

For the stone and iron, El Hero didn't bother fully checking the area around Axe's house. If he did, he'd have found the mineshaft he dug down. Does this mean that he didn't still the stone and ore? No, but anyone who puts a mine down that far would tell you that iron and redstone is rather plentiful. (Redstone especially, since it drops multiple when broke) Basically, it casts a LOT of doubt that he stole them.

For the pearl, with how small the border was at the time and how much rain we'd been getting it was entirely possiable for someone to track a Ender until the rain killed it. I'd done it twice by that point, and ended up aggroing and killing a third by ladders so Enders, while formidable, are not that hard of a monster to kill.

I'd pointed out a couple of these after he was banned, didn't think of the rest at the time. No surprise to me, he ignored the information I did give, and by the time I remembered or thought of the rest Axebeard had already went "screw you and screw this server" over the situation.

Last edited:

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • I've been feeling like getting back into Minecraft lately, so how do I join?

I'm sorry, but it's been a while since I've played and I couldn't find anything in the first post.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I've been feeling like getting back into Minecraft lately, so how do I join?

I'm sorry, but it's been a while since I've played and I couldn't find anything in the first post.

Tell us your IGN (in-game name) and I can add you to our whitelist, then you can join the server. :)

Matt forgot to put the IP in the OP: 206.217.141.236

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Okay folks! Here's a few general announcements (and for the OP for EHO):

picture.php

Lookin' to spice up your home?
    If your home is looking a little bland these days, consider heading down to the Skull Emporium! The Skull Emporium has a wide variety of skulls available for purchase at economical pricing! We offer everything from televisions to blocks to PokeBalls to your own skull! We're located off Klippippiyyi River Road next to the Halloween Plaza in Downtown Detroit! You can also take public transportation from the Transit Hub at the multi-colored teleporter. We look forward to seeing you!

picture.php

Young player seeking challenging and tough relationship with murderous deathpit
    Looking to win big and go home in a body bag? The Gauntlet may be the place for you! Located in beautiful Downtown Detroit next door to the Skull Emporium, this scenic and breathtaking (no, seriously) locale has everything a violent thrill-seeker could be looking for. From skeletal arrows to being set ablaze by a Blaze, this rewarding challenge offers players a unique twist on mob survival.

(Also this image is a sneak peak at the Gauntlet 2.0 - harder, more evil, and better looking than before)

Spoiler:

picture.php

Old man in need of help of strong youngin' - apply inside!
    Ever wondered what it would be like to be kidnapped, robbed, and sold into eternal damnation? Now's your chance! Come on down to the Tomb of Heka located in the gorgeous dry desert of Detroit right next to the world border! This spooky adventure map features beautiful jewel-encrusted rock, historically-accurate Egyptian mythology, and do-it-yourself acrobatics! Come now because you can't afford to wait an eternity for this experience! Enter through the Transit Hub at the Sandstone teleporter to arrive ahead of schedule!​

----

This is just a funny screenshot from tonight:

picture.php

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Alrighty guys, quick update before I head to bed. It was another awesome, eventful night on the server. With help from Anna, I got a lot done on the Detroit Subway System. The main Subway Station is located right next to the Community Brewing Area, which is just east of my house and behind the hill if you're coming from spawn. Also, we had not 1, not 2, but THREE different challengers (Wobbu, Anna, and myself) attempt The Gauntlet tonight. Unfortunately, none of us succeeded, but it was a great time nonetheless. Look for a video (probably over the weekend) documenting the whole thing.

Finally, and most importantly, concerning the video I posted earlier today titled "Minecraft Special Edition: Pokecommunity SMP Server (Ep. 3)"... As stated before, if that video gets 10 likes on Youtube by Saturday, I will turn a good chunk of my time on the server into a full-fledged series. It is currently sitting just 2 shy at a total of 8 likes on Youtube. So, basically... If you want to see the episodes here go from random Special Edition episodes to a much more regular series... Get on Youtube and like that video, ASAP!

That is all. Good night, and see you in the morning... err... in a couple hours, I guess. Welsknight needs to go to bed, it's almost 4:30 in the morning.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Finally, and most importantly, concerning the video I posted earlier today titled "Minecraft Special Edition: Pokecommunity SMP Server (Ep. 3)"... As stated before, if that video gets 10 likes on Youtube by Saturday, I will turn a good chunk of my time on the server into a full-fledged series. It is currently sitting just 2 shy at a total of 8 likes on Youtube. So, basically... If you want to see the episodes here go from random Special Edition episodes to a much more regular series... Get on Youtube and like that video, ASAP!

Seriously guys! Get on and like his vid! He's doing an awesome job of documenting our fun activities and updates on the server, so let's show our appreciation and get his videos some likes/comments. I'm enjoying being able to see our server from a different perspective and be able to look back and view our fun moments again and again! :)

welsknight

That Youtuber Guy
    Years
  • Seriously guys! Get on and like his vid! He's doing an awesome job of documenting our fun activities and updates on the server, so let's show our appreciation and get his videos some likes/comments. I'm enjoying being able to see our server from a different perspective and be able to look back and view our fun moments again and again! :)

Thanks Klipp! I'd also like to point out that it seems like the number of people actively playing on the server has grown noticeably since I started posting them, and the more the merrier! I think this video series would not only be fun to watch, but could give this forum and this server some added publicity as well.

Now I'm going to bed... for realsies this time.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Klippy due to the new project we're working on I had to like... translate your pricing into something that makes sense to me lol and it's based on the values of skulls pretty much so I just have been calling the currency 'skulls'... idk it's a pretty easy breakdown. Dia=3, Eme=2, Gold=1, 12 iron = 1, etc.
    Anyway, for the rest of you: how much would you pay for a wolf egg? disclaimer your opinions may or may not be actually taken into consideration. Pets will be expensive; there is no getting around that.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Can i play this without buying the real minecraft game?

Thanks!

Nope! You'll need to have an official copy of the game. If you don't buy the game, we can't really trust that you'll be honest on the server either and we're a 100%-trust server only. Thanks for your interest though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back