• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising 2 (Beta 2 Released)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    I downloaded pokemon dark rising 2, but couldn't go past the ice cave, where can I download the latest beta??

Bliss

Part-time Pegasister, Part-time PokéFreak
    Years
  • Yes, I used a clean rom

I'm currently using Visual Boy Advanced and it's played all of my other roms just fine.
    I'm also using VBA, and it's working fine for me. I'm sorry, but it seems I won't be able to help you. :(

Would anyone else here care to help Icephere?
    can anyone tell me how do i use this rar file?
    You have to decompress the rar using a program like WinRAR or 7zip. WinRAR is a paid program, but 7zip is free. Google is your friend. :)
    I downloaded pokemon dark rising 2, but couldn't go past the ice cave, where can I download the latest beta??
    Check the original post, the latest link is always available there. If that's the version you have, then you will have to wait like the rest of us.

I'm quite eager to try the new version as well.

As always, if anyone out there believes that I have made a mistake, please feel free to correct me.

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    Sorry I'm not very computer savey. When I go to rename the patch to match my sav it asks to replace. I'm just afraid it will erase my progress. And sorry for sounding like the ultimate newb

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    Would you consider making a 3rd instalment where you could play as member of the evil side cause that would be really awesome :)
    Lika a part of the story where you ask yourself what would happen if the dark side won.

Last edited:

Bliss

Years
  • Sorry I'm not very computer savey. When I go to rename the patch to match my sav it asks to replace. I'm just afraid it will erase my progress. And sorry for sounding like the ultimate newb
    Find the .sav in your folder (the same place as the .gba file that you play) and give it the same name as the new version. Don't make a new file, just rename the old .sav to match the name of the new version. Here's an example:

Old Rom and Save:
    Pokemon Game.gba
    Pokemon Game.sav - Rename this file to give it the same name as the new version.

New Rom:
    Pokemon Game 2.gba

So you rename 'Pokemon Game.sav' to 'Pokemon Game 2.sav'

Hope that helps.

I have a stupid question, but how do i play the Beta?
    Find a Fire Red rom (do not ask for it here on PokeCommunity, it's against the rules. Google is your friend)
    Use a program to patch the .ips file from the original post (I use LunarIPS)
    Run the ROM using an emulator (I use Visual Boy Advance)

Hope that helps.

Also, please make sure you read the rules before posting, and both of your questions have been answered.. MULTIPLE times in this thread alone. Please read the previous posts before replying to a thread.

Thank you for reading and understanding, have a nice day.

Bliss

Years
  • Ok cool I think it worked. Thanks for the explanation
    I'm happy to help, but as I said before, please make sure to read the previous posts before posting a question.

It saves us from having to answer the same question multiple times. I hope you can understand where I'm coming from on this one.

Good luck, and enjoy the game!

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2016
    Can anyone recommend a good hack besides glazed, light platinum, and dark rising 2 to start while we wait for beta 3 to release?

Bliss

Years
  • Can anyone recommend a good hack besides glazed, light platinum, and dark rising 2 to start while we wait for beta 3 to release?
    Everyone has differing opinions about hacks. I suggest you find the most popular threads here on PC in the Hacks Showcase section or check Google.

Also, this isn't exactly the best place to ask for suggestions on what to play. Rom Hacking Hub would probably be a better place. For future reference.

Back on topic: Really excited for DR2, do we have any news on the upcoming release date for Beta 3? Or it the predicted date unchanged?

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2014
    Would you consider making a 3rd instalment where you could play as member of the evil side cause that would be really awesome :)
    Lika a part of the story where you ask yourself what would happen if the dark side won.

this user's right, why don't cha balance this with the MC choosing between evil and good.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    this user's right, why don't cha balance this with the MC choosing between evil and good.

Thnaks :)
    Only there should then be some kind of a test or someting if you choose the good side to keep the "pure of heart " thing in check
    And also if you chose the evil side to get one of those newly created pokemon like that dark/fire one but something different
    Wouldn't it be awesome to like wreck havoc? And it would also make a perfec scenario to actually put Darugis into the game)haven't played the 2nd part yet so i don't know if hes in there)

Bliss

Years
  • Thnaks :)
    Only there should then be some kind of a test or someting if you choose the good side to keep the "pure of heart " thing in check
    And also if you chose the evil side to get one of those newly created pokemon like that dark/fire one but something different
    Wouldn't it be awesome to like wreck havoc? And it would also make a perfec scenario to actually put Darugis into the game)haven't played the 2nd part yet so i don't know if hes in there)
    ^ This. Support.

I have yet to play DR2 either, since I still haven't completed DR, so I can't say whether or not Darugis is in this one. But I love the idea of choosing your side, and I believe it would be quite an upgrade, though I already know that there would need to be several thousand changes, from dialogue to events, possibly even locations!

If possible, I'd love to see this feature added either in this installment, or in the sequel (if there is one)

Another idea, maybe recreate Dark Rising and Dark Rising 2 where you play specifically as one of Darugis's minions? Same plot and (mostly) the same characters, but where the protagonist has been chosen by Darugis to combat the forces of light. Perhaps you could replace one of the evil characters already in the game (for players who choose male, and with only slight changes if they choose female)

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this topic, keep up the great work DarkRisingGirl!

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2017
    ^ This. Support.

I have yet to play DR2 either, since I still haven't completed DR, so I can't say whether or not Darugis is in this one. But I love the idea of choosing your side, and I believe it would be quite an upgrade, though I already know that there would need to be several thousand changes, from dialogue to events, possibly even locations!

If possible, I'd love to see this feature added either in this installment, or in the sequel (if there is one)

Another idea, maybe recreate Dark Rising and Dark Rising 2 where you play specifically as one of Darugis's minions? Same plot and (mostly) the same characters, but where the protagonist has been chosen by Darugis to combat the forces of light. Perhaps you could replace one of the evil characters already in the game (for players who choose male, and with only slight changes if they choose female)

Just thought I'd share my thoughts on this topic, keep up the great work DarkRisingGirl!

I also thought of recreating the first part because it would be pretty neat but that's only if she decides to do it nobody ssays she won't make something else totally awesome :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Can someone give me the link so I can download Dark Rising 2, I am looking, but I cannot find it!

To the maker of this game, you did a Phenomenal job and I really appreciate the originality of this game. Personally, the glitches in Part 1 were not cry worthy they were simple and easy to get passed and I am glad there is a part 2!!!

Bliss

Years
  • Can someone give me the link so I can download Dark Rising 2, I am looking, but I cannot find it!
    Download the RAR file located at the bottom of the first post (It's the third file) and extract it using a program designed for that purpose (I use 7zip because it's free. Google is your friend)
    Find the .ips file and use a patch program (Like LunarIPS) and patch the file to a clean FireRed ROM. (Again, Google is your friend)

Just a note: Don't ask someone for a link to a .rom file, it's against the rules and you will get in trouble if you do. I know that you didn't ask for that, but I just wanted to warn you before you post a request for such. Also, welcome to PokeCommunity! (Noticed that was your first post)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2014
    Thanks ! :) Sorry, I found out on one of your previous posts in page 60 something :D I am going to do that , now !

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back