• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 3, 2017
I love this hack, but it is easily one of the most challenging hacks I've played next to Dark Rising this is mainly due to the no item use during battles. As much as I like the idea of not being able to use items during battle, it really does not work well with the already increasingly difficulty of this hack lol. I just feel that the AI and level curves are just too difficult on it own and it's not just healing items you can't use but you can't use any status items or berries either. I couldn't tell you how many times I've whited out during this game and I've only reached up to the 6th gym lol. I just feel like the removal of items during battle are too much to bear with in certain battles to the point where it becomes somewhat frustrating lol (My second battle against the Team Magma leader was pure hell). I just feel you should consider reviving the use of items during game, maybe only important battles such as gym leaders should you remove them. Anyways that's my little rant, this is still an awesome and quite possibly my favourite hack of emerald just need to turn it down a bit in terms of difficulty lol.

-Renton

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I love this hack, but it is easily one of the most challenging hacks I've played next to Dark Rising this is mainly due to the no item use during battles. As much as I like the idea of not being able to use items during battle, it really does not work well with the already increasingly difficulty of this hack lol. I just feel that the AI and level curves are just too difficult on it own and it's not just healing items you can't use but you can't use any status items or berries either. I couldn't tell you how many times I've whited out during this game and I've only reached up to the 6th gym lol. I just feel like the removal of items during battle are too much to bear with in certain battles to the point where it becomes somewhat frustrating lol (My second battle against the Team Magma leader was pure hell). I just feel you should consider reviving the use of items during game, maybe only important battles such as gym leaders should you remove them. Anyways that's my little rant, this is still an awesome and quite possibly my favourite hack of emerald just need to turn it down a bit in terms of difficulty lol.

-Renton

I agree. Maybe the Creator could make 2 patches for this hack, one with items and one without. The other option you have is to mod the game with A-Item (Or whatever the name of the tool was) to allow use of items in battle.

Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Jan 10, 2016
Umm... I'm not very keen on the easier version.
I think the current difficult one is enough.
By the way, when could you release new updates?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 5, 2024

-Renton

I highly agree with this comment.

How I wish that Mamamama could create a separate version of this hack. 1 is that use any items just like the normal or original Pokemon Game. And 1 just like this version you cannot almost use all items on battle.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
^ Even with items (Hacked my game) the game is very challenging.

I have a question: How do you evolve Porygon 2 (who evolves from Porygon by level and not by Up-Grade)?

jmc

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Emerald Omega looks great, but I need help applying the .ups patch. I've downloaded every version of Pokemon Emerald that I can find on the Internet, and I've tried NUPS and Tsukuyomi over and over again. Nothing worked on Windows 7, so I switched to Mac OS X and repeatedly downloaded different versions of Emerald and kept trying to use Multipatch. After several hours, I haven't found any way to get it to work. All of the programs give me error messages telling me that the patch could not be applied.

I've played dozens of Pokemon ROMs, and this is the first one that's stumped me. I've been thinking that between the .ups, the patching tools, and the ROM, it's most likely that I've got the wrong ROM. So exactly which Emerald ROM am I looking for?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
how i evolve pokemons that evolve with trading with an item like magmortar?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
Omg this hack has everything I ever wanted! It's still pokemon emerald, my first and favorite game, but harder. It has some new gen pokemon, newer moves, physical special split (gyaradoss is actually good now) and different evolution ways!
All I gotta do is download :)
Oh wait,
Need to path this first... Hmm, cant be done on iphone, alright.
Oh need ips patcher, no problem. Oh need winzip, its getting annoying now....
And winzip trial expired :x *dream shattered*

Soo could anyone pleasee patch this for me and send it to me? :')
It would mean the world to me

jmc

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Oh need ips patcher, no problem. Oh need winzip, its getting annoying now....
And winzip trial expired :x *dream shattered*

Soo could anyone pleasee patch this for me and send it to me? :')
It would mean the world to me

Look up 7-Zip and use that instead. Whereas WinZip is shareware, 7-Zip is freeware and works just as well.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
Look up 7-Zip and use that instead. Whereas WinZip is shareware, 7-Zip is freeware and works just as well.

I actually just did! But now I have some other problems (ofcourse).
When I try to patch the files (tried using NUPS and tsukuyomi), it says that it has failed because something is invalid... I used the emerald omega.ups file, and the emerald.gba file.
What did I do wrong?

I need help, or could anyone please pm me the patched rom?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
Can anyone please send me an emerald omega patched rom?
I cant patch it and I HAVE to play this game :')

jmc

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I actually just did! But now I have some other problems (ofcourse).
When I try to patch the files (tried using NUPS and tsukuyomi), it says that it has failed because something is invalid... I used the emerald omega.ups file, and the emerald.gba file.
What did I do wrong?

I need help, or could anyone please pm me the patched rom?

Now we're stuck at the same step. I outlined the exact same problem in my post above.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 31, 2021
Now we're stuck at the same step. I outlined the exact same problem in my post above.

Yeah I just read that (I read this whole forum, I think...)
But I don't think we did anything wrong when trying to patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back