• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    That is what i suspect . Cause in G3hs i don't see any Add new Habitat page or Repoint for new Habitat , The only method i see is removing an habitat from an existing old Mon and replace it with the new ones (If i do these the same thing will happen in the old mons that i removed the habitat . if only someone can help me with these . I don't know how they do it (649 patch) giving Expanded mon individual habitats .
    Please somebody and thanks Crunch . Do you know any method to fix these ? from Tools to Hex Editing (cause i can't deal with ASM yet. I'm planning on adding 770 Pokemons on my hack (That's the total number of pokemons + Mega's up to now) Thanks in Advance.

Hi this is Oppenheimer here and I think I can help you.

Right now im in the middle of adding 233 new pokemon and increasing the dex to 569, but before I tell you how to add and edit the habitat lists there are some fundementals about expanding pokemon and G3HS that you might not know.

-------------------------
    Exapanding Pokemon|
    1. DoesntKnowHowToPlay was the first to acheve expanded pokemon. His tutorial is found here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318569
    *In my opinion this tutorial is difficult and made for Intermediate and Advanced hackers.

2. If your expanding pokemon for emerald a tutorial made by Chaos Rush can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324892

3. Jambo51 did some pioneering research for the pokedex it can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249530

4. Expanding the pokedex works on any FR v1.0, from fresh to done.

5. You can not add more than 1020 mons.

6. Since Generation VI is a full 3D graphics, footprints of Pokemon have finally discontinued. If you want to remove footprints completely you can use this tutorial by Sky High here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=337650

-------
    G3HS|
    -------
    1. This program will conveniently expand the pokedex for you so you dont have to use the difficult tutorial by DoesntKnowHowToPlay. By pressing the "expand pokemon" button in the right upper corner, and when the dialog box comes up you will have to enter 2 numbers. The first is the total number, how many Pokemon you want to add in total (which means including alternate forms and mega evolutions). The second is the dex number, the size of the Pokedex when complete (excluding alternate forms and mega evolutions).

2. But there are 2 limits to this feature:
    A) It does not expand the main cry table or the secondary cry table. But it does however expand the hoenn auxiliary table, which is used to index the cries starting from Treecko.
    B) It does not expand the pokemon for emerald, you have to do this manually.

3. To my understanding the habitat editor in this program is broken. After I edited the habitats for Turtwig I wasnt able to open my ROM again with this program, it would just give me errors. These errors stoped when I regressed to an older ROM (I keep multiple backups) before I edited the habitats. You have to edit habitats manually.

4. This program does not have a pokedex order editor. To my understanding, when the total number of new pokemon is larger than the pokedex number, all of the slots after the pokedex number will get no entry to the pokedex. This basically means add your alternate forms and mega evolutions in the last slots.

For Example:
    If the total Number of New Pokemon I add is 233 (Math: 439 + 233 = 672)
    And The total Pokedex Size is 569 (Math: 387 + 182)
    (Math: 233-182=51) That means 51 pokemon will not get a pokedex entry, I will use these slots for alternates and megas.

--------------------------------
    How To Edit Habitat Entries|
    Now that stuff is out the way, you can start adding habitat entries.

1. colcolstyles posted information about how to edit the habitat entries here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6263014&postcount=75
    *The information he gives is very detailed.

Heres a small tutorial I made using colcolstyles post. Use this if his post is hard to understand.
    Spoiler:

2. After that you will have to repoint and extend the tables (I have not done this yet).
    Information about repointing and extending the habitat tables are in DoesntKnowHowToPlay tutorial, in the "Step 4: Misc. repointing" spoiler.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Im currently trying to find a tutorial on how to do this. So far ive only found a HP/EXP box patch made by LeiAlcantara025 in the "Ultimate Resource/Patches" thread.
    Heres the link: SCRUBED LINK

In UnLz, the offset for the opposing pokemon Hp Box is 576. Son't know the pal, will continue tomorrow.

chestertagat

Dumbest Person in the World.
    Years
  • Hi this is Oppenheimer here and I think I can help you.

Right now im in the middle of adding 233 new pokemon and increasing the dex to 569, but before I tell you how to add and edit the habitat lists there are some fundementals about expanding pokemon and G3HS that you might not know.

Exapanding Pokemon|
    1. DoesntKnowHowToPlay was the first to acheve expanded pokemon. His tutorial is found here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=318569
    *In my opinion this tutorial is difficult and made for Intermediate and Advanced hackers.

2. If your expanding pokemon for emerald a tutorial made by Chaos Rush can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=324892

3. Jambo51 did some pioneering research for the pokedex it can be found here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=249530

4. Expanding the pokedex works on any FR v1.0, from fresh to done.

5. You can not add more than 1020 mons.

6. Since Generation VI is a full 3D graphics, footprints of Pokemon have finally discontinued. If you want to remove footprints completely you can use this tutorial by Sky High here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=337650

-------
    G3HS|
    -------
    1. This program will conveniently expand the pokedex for you so you dont have to use the difficult tutorial by DoesntKnowHowToPlay. By pressing the "expand pokemon" button in the right upper corner, and when the dialog box comes up you will have to enter 2 numbers. The first is the total number, how many Pokemon you want to add in total (which means including alternate forms and mega evolutions). The second is the dex number, the size of the Pokedex when complete (excluding alternate forms and mega evolutions).

2. But there are 2 limits to this feature:
    A) It does not expand the main cry table or the secondary cry table. But it does however expand the hoenn auxiliary table, which is used to index the cries starting from Treecko.
    B) It does not expand the pokemon for emerald, you have to do this manually.

3. To my understanding the habitat editor in this program is broken. After I edited the habitats for Turtwig I wasnt able to open my ROM again with this program, it would just give me errors. These errors stoped when I regressed to an older ROM (I keep multiple backups) before I edited the habitats. You have to edit habitats manually.

4. This program does not have a pokedex order editor. To my understanding, when the total number of new pokemon is larger than the pokedex number, all of the slots after the pokedex number will get no entry to the pokedex. This basically means add your alternate forms and mega evolutions in the last slots.

For Example:
    If the total Number of New Pokemon I add is 233 (Math: 439 + 233 = 672)
    And The total Pokedex Size is 569 (Math: 387 + 182)
    (Math: 233-182=51) That means 51 pokemon will not get a pokedex entry, I will use these slots for alternates and megas.

How To Edit Habitat Entries|
    Now that stuff is out the way, you can start adding habitat entries.

1. colcolstyles posted information about how to edit the habitat entries here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=6263014&postcount=75
    *The information he gives is very detailed.

Heres a small tutorial I made using colcolstyles post. Use this if his post is hard to understand.
    Spoiler:

2. After that you will have to repoint and extend the tables (I have not done this yet).
    Information about repointing and extending the habitat tables are in DoesntKnowHowToPlay tutorial, in the "Step 4: Misc. repointing" spoiler.

Big thanks to you Heimer . This is a very large help . Now i understand the Habitat Table , i will soon try to repoint it and see what happens . I will give you a big credit if this works out . Thank you again . BTW, is there a limiter in the rom for habitat? Thanks again such a big help :) Thank you for taking your time to answer my question Thumbs Up!

chestertagat

Years
  • How do you insert custom hp bars in battle? I'm using FireRed.

I've been wondering too how've theyve change their in-battle exp bars and hp bars , Yep in a post that i've read there's the Unlz Numbers for them . But i want to know if there's a Raw data for it . and the exact pallete offset for this (even if i can find it myself) . Thanks in advance Guys this will help us improve on Hacking :D

Years
    • Seen today
    I've been wondering too how've theyve change their in-battle exp bars and hp bars , Yep in a post that i've read there's the Unlz Numbers for them . But i want to know if there's a Raw data for it . and the exact pallete offset for this (even if i can find it myself) . Thanks in advance Guys this will help us improve on Hacking :D

Where's this post you've mentioned? I'm using the offsets UnLz gives me in NSE 2.
    The Image offset for the opposite bar in NSE 2 is D1F604. Still don't have the pallete but it's a start.

EDIT: I found a thread with NSE offsets! :D
    /showthread.php?t=352079
    Can't post links yet.

Last edited:

AkameTheBulbasaur

Akame Marukawa of Iyotono
    Years
  • Does anyone know where the animation that plays when you use in item in Fire Red (the one where it shows the Pokemon using the item on another screen before going to the actual item's effect) is stored?

I want to include it in the custom item scripts I'm doing to make those items be more like the regular items.

Sayuri

人生忘れられた
    Years
  • Whenever I open my map and go to the Events tab, I get the error box "Index of the scanning line exceeded the range. (816)" Is there any way to fix this?

chestertagat

Years
  • Where's this post you've mentioned? I'm using the offsets UnLz gives me in NSE 2.
    The Image offset for the opposite bar in NSE 2 is D1F604. Still don't have the pallete but it's a start.

EDIT: I found a thread with NSE offsets! :D
    /showthread.php?t=352079
    Can't post links yet.

Thanks Mate! This is what i have been searching for ! REally big help ! Thank you very much! If you ever need help too you can Drop a message in my wall anytime you like! Thanks again. :D

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Anyone know how to count steps in Emerald for a script? I want to have something to show the passage of time, so you'd have to walk a number of steps before something happens.

Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2017
    On Advance Map, what do I put for the Trainer box? All the tutorials I've seen put a check there, but my version has a 2-digit offset instead.
    When I try with $01, it is some glitch trainer, but if I use $00 and walk up and talk to him (his view radius doesn't work), then I get the scripted battle.
    Also, my trainer's view radius is set to 3 and can see me from 3 tiles, but only walks 2 of the tiles before initiating the battle.

Years
  • On Advance Map, what do I put for the Trainer box? All the tutorials I've seen put a check there, but my version has a 2-digit offset instead.
    When I try with $01, it is some glitch trainer, but if I use $00 and walk up and talk to him (his view radius doesn't work), then I get the scripted battle.
    Also, my trainer's view radius is set to 3 and can see me from 3 tiles, but only walks 2 of the tiles before initiating the battle.

Sounds like your using A Maps 1.95 although I was using that for a while and never had any glitches with trainer battles. I recommend you use A Maps 1.92 a lot less bugs. I switched because I was unable to expand wild pokemon In A Maps 1.95 without getting an error so if your planning on doing that as well it's definitely worth switching to A Maps 1.92

I have a Question?
    I've been working on my first hack for a Cpl of weeks using fire red us 1.1
    I've recently noticed that some tools aren't working for this version so I have to switch to 1.0
    Is there any way I can patch what I've done so far or can you only patch to the same version?

Years
    • Seen today
    I have a Question?
    I've been working on my first hack for a Cpl of weeks using fire red us 1.1
    I've recently noticed that some tools aren't working for this version so I have to switch to 1.0
    Is there any way I can patch what I've done so far or can you only patch to the same version?

From what I understand from using LIPS, it doesn't stop you from patching from one version to another but the game might fail to run.
    Tested with a Firered patch on Emerald.

Last edited:
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Does anyone know if there is a way to check whether the player is riding a bike? I've searched the thread, but could'nt find anything =(

Years
  • SSOS .an actual database that has the locations of where everything is, and what it is, for hex editing? I just got a hex editor on my phone and wanna start Rom hacking (I know I can't do what I could if on computer)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back