• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Recommendation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
  • Any decent Wii Games out? My last one was Naruto 3 alongside New Suer Mario Wii.I play almost every genre,either platfrom or FPS and AADV so any good choices are good.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2011
    Goldeneye isn't too bad for the Wii. It feels a little dated, but the magic is still there. Also Sonic Colors is actually a decent start on making a good Sonic game again. If you haven't played any of the Metriod Prime games for some reason Metroid Prime Trilogy is really good and the first one alone is worth picking up.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Any decent Wii Games out? My last one was Naruto 3 alongside New Super Mario Wii.I play almost every genre,either platfrom or FPS and AADV so any good choices are good.

Sonic colors - Super mario all stars limited edition - Mario Galxuy 1&2 - mario kart wii - idk those are some of my faves. :3

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I suggest the mmorpg world of warcraft.I have not played it in a few months but i was a big time wow nerd.I used to play it about 15 hours a day and i played about 3 years.I had a level 80 Draenei Beastmaster Hunter with tier 9.5 gear.I had over 800 hours play time.

What i loved about it was that it is really never ending plus you can make friends and the graphics are amazing.

I would still be playing it to today but i am age 17 and i can not find a job.

Yes,it cost 14.95 to play but trust me its worth it.

The only down side is it is very addicting and can take your life from you like it did me.I started playing only 1 hour a day and in a few weeks i would play it from thee time i get up intill i go to bed and i only sleept about 5-6 hours.I would eat and drink while playing.

So i have warned you.

Go to Worldofwarcraft.com and check it out.

Years
  • I suggest the mmorpg world of warcraft.I have not played it in a few months but i was a big time wow nerd.I used to play it about 15 hours a day and i played about 3 years.I had a level 80 Draenei Beastmaster Hunter with tier 9.5 gear.I had over 800 hours play time.

What i loved about it was that it is really never ending plus you can make friends and the graphics are amazing.

I would still be playing it to today but i am age 17 and i can not find a job.

Yes,it cost 14.95 to play but trust me its worth it.

The only down side is it is very addicting and can take your life from you like it did me.I started playing only 1 hour a day and in a few weeks i would play it from thee time i get up intill i go to bed and i only sleept about 5-6 hours.I would eat and drink while playing.

So i have warned you.

Go to Worldofwarcraft.com and check it out.

I am sure most people on this board have heard of WoW! XD

I think it is like marmite, you love it or you hate it. Personally, I can't stand the game. I hate games that you have to buy, then keep paying for along the line with a subscription. =[ Bad times.

Surf

Years
    • Age 29
    • Rust
    • Seen Jul 31, 2011
    I've been looking into the Fallout series for a while now, and I was wondering if it was worth purchasing?
    Also, I've been wondering if there were any G/PG games that arn't terribly boring for a Teenager to play.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I am sure most people on this board have heard of WoW! XD

I think it is like marmite, you love it or you hate it. Personally, I can't stand the game. I hate games that you have to buy, then keep paying for along the line with a subscription. =[ Bad times.

True,like i said thats why i quit caz i could not pay it but over all it is a great game.

Years
  • 4 words
    SUPER MARIO GALAXY 2
    if you have a Wii, go buy it. you will not regret it, best £40 i ever spent on a video game.
    i have also heard good things about Okami, gonna buy it soon

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Any decent Wii Games out? My last one was Naruto 3 alongside New Suer Mario Wii.I play almost every genre,either platfrom or FPS and AADV so any good choices are good.

Donkey Kong Country Returns. One of the best games ever made.

Also.. Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and Monster Hunter Tri.

Also, most of the ones other people have said

Ωmega

Four score and seven years ago
    Years
  • Hello fellow PCers. I'm kind of in a rut right now. I am having a major lack of strategy games in my collection and I'm looking to begin scouting for new ones. Any suggestions? Also, side note: no SC2. I'd prefer a console strategy game because I don't do a lot of gaming on my laptop (the Sims series is as far as I go. XD)

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • heey, i'm looking for some offline multiplayer games on the ps3.
    i've got
    soul calibur IV, super street fighter IV, tekken 6, blazblue continuum shift, resident evil 5
    please don't suggest
    little big planet, cod
    any ideas?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Hello fellow PCers. I'm kind of in a rut right now. I am having a major lack of strategy games in my collection and I'm looking to begin scouting for new ones. Any suggestions? Also, side note: no SC2. I'd prefer a console strategy game because I don't do a lot of gaming on my laptop (the Sims series is as far as I go. XD)
    You never stated a console, but I'm going to assume xbox 360/ps3. Maybe the Command & Conquer games will suit your fancy, as they are strategy and quite fun on said consoles.

heey, i'm looking for some offline multiplayer games on the ps3.
    i've got
    soul calibur IV, super street fighter IV, tekken 6, blazblue continuum shift, resident evil 5
    please don't suggest
    little big planet, cod
    any ideas?
    I don't know of many games which are released on the PS3, but if you're into the whole action/adventure games, I'd recommend Ratchet and Clank, since it's quite good on the console and doesn't need to be played online.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Any systems?Because I would definitely suggest you look into the Fire Emblem/Advanced Wars Series if you could.THe last one for Wii came out in 09 so I don't know if there are any new copies out.THe next one for the DS comes out in March,which is a remake of their third game,Monshou no Nazo.

Also there a Wiiware game called World of Goo which needs strategy as Well, and I think you could get some enjoyment from what it does.

I've also heard Tom Clancy's End Wars and R.U.S.E was gppd ,but I've never played them.

razzbat

dancer
    Years

• I don't know of many games which are released on the PS3, but if you're into the whole action/adventure games, I'd recommend Ratchet and Clank, since it's quite good on the console and doesn't need to be played online.
    the ratchet and clanks on the ps3 so far aren't multiplayer but there is ratchet and clank all 4 one coming out so i'll look into it. thanks
    anybody else have any ideas for offline multiplayer ps3 games?

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Games like Final Fantasy Tactics?

I'm looking for games like Final Fantasy Tactics games. Are there any good MMO games like these? I know few but haven't tested those yet. I really like these series and battles they have. I've played every one of Final Fantasy Tactics games (PS1, GBA and DS) and I'd like to play game like that against others on PC. Do you know any game that is almost same kind as these ones?

Kenpokid

Hee-ho!
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2016
    I don't know about MMORPGs, but Luminous Arc 1 and 2 for the DS are similar, and they're hilarious.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • I don't know about MMORPGs, but Luminous Arc 1 and 2 for the DS are similar, and they're hilarious.

Went to see what they look like and they're looking a lot like FFT. Thanks for telling about these series. Haven't seen this game before in any store where I go to buy my games but at least I can find it from net if I'm gonna get this.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Fire Emblem. Best game series ever. Fire Emblem 7 is the best game ever made. Play them now.

Disgaea will be good for you too.

Late

Pokémon Artist
    Years
  • Fire Emblem. Best game series ever. Fire Emblem 7 is the best game ever made. Play them now.

Disgaea will be good for you too.

I know Fire Emblem series but have never actually tried them... I know few characters from SSB series and have seen gameplay videos before. Now when I took a look at Fire Emblem 7 it doesn't look so much FFT (because it's not isometric and battle is somehow different) but that's not bad because it looks like Shining Force games and I love those games :D Fire Emblem 7 is for GBA? Am I correct? Because if it is I think I can't get it anytime soon, there isn't many GBA games in Finland anymore. No one sells 'em. But I'll take a look at DS and Wii games so I can make my decision what to buy.

Disgaea looks also pretty much same kind of game like FFT (after watching trailer). Have to take better look tomorrow.

Thanks for help.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I know Fire Emblem series but have never actually tried them... I know few characters from SSB series and have seen gameplay videos before. Now when I took a look at Fire Emblem 7 it doesn't look so much FFT (because it's not isometric and battle is somehow different) but that's not bad because it looks like Shining Force games and I love those games :D Fire Emblem 7 is for GBA? Am I correct? Because if it is I think I can't get it anytime soon, there isn't many GBA games in Finland anymore. No one sells 'em. But I'll take a look at DS and Wii games so I can make my decision what to buy.

Disgaea looks also pretty much same kind of game like FFT (after watching trailer). Have to take better look tomorrow.

Thanks for help.

You can get Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon for DS, which is a remake of the first Fire Emblem (Originally for NES), and although it's not quite as good as FE7, it's still a very good game and I highly recommend it (Be prepared for a brutal challenge on the higher difficulties though). And you could get Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (FE10) for Wii...Often considered the weakest in the series, and although I agree, I still think it's a great game that's worthy of your attention.

Yeah Disgaea is just like FFT on many different types of steroids and other performance enhancers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back