• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red/Blue remakes on 3DS

Years
  • ^I totally agree with you, but I guess they won't let that happen 'cause they want everyone to trade to get all the pokemon. But I'd love to see a remake of the originals. That would indeed be awesome.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2015
    I wish I can see the day when they make one massive game were they incorporate all the regions and...

That's never going to happen. Whenever I talk about Pokémon with a semi-large group of people, there's always one person who kind of knows what they're talking about, and one person who hasn't played Pokémon in years. Now, the problem is always the person who kind of knows what he is talking about, as he will mention the "Pokémon: Rainbow Version" that was supposedly confirmed the week before, and then everyone else in the group will believe it. Nintendo is in it to make money, they're not going to make a game that combines all of the games.

Sure, maybe they'll make it easier to fill your PokéDex, but that's it. You will never travel back to the other regions, that's what remakes are for. This topic has been discussed since Gen 3, it's never going to happen.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2015
    Diamond and Pearl remakes definitely won't happen until at least Nintendo's next generation of handheld's is released. Whenever the true successor to the 3DS is released you can probably expect to receive Sinnoh remakes within whatever generation of Pokémon launches on that system.

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    I'd like to see them remake every generation in three dimensions. Including the first, because I actually haven't played that one as much. I've barely gone through Generation I, but I have gone through Generation II Kanto a lot. Still, it would be nice and I wouldn't disapprove. I'd probably get it. And hopefully after that, they'd go ahead and remake Generation II, IV, and V. I'd especially like those more than the first generation.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    This might be a little off-topic, but I feel that it would take a while for us to see Johto make appearance again in main-series game (as a base region, where storyline takes place), as we've had it very recently in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I suppose same could be applied for Kanto, but one thing that differentiates this region from former, I believe, is it was only a post-game location, and did not play much of a major part.

Ovi

A PokeTuber Maniac!
    Years
  • That's never going to happen. Whenever I talk about Pokémon with a semi-large group of people, there's always one person who kind of knows what they're talking about, and one person who hasn't played Pokémon in years. Now, the problem is always the person who kind of knows what he is talking about, as he will mention the "Pokémon: Rainbow Version" that was supposedly confirmed the week before, and then everyone else in the group will believe it. Nintendo is in it to make money, they're not going to make a game that combines all of the games.

Sure, maybe they'll make it easier to fill your PokéDex, but that's it. You will never travel back to the other regions, that's what remakes are for. This topic has been discussed since Gen 3, it's never going to happen.

You speak with certainty, but as a company Nintendo has to take into account the demand of their costumers. After all if it wasn't for us the consumers there would be no Nintendo. I feel that if enough fans request it. Nintendo will acknowledge it and give us their half attempt to satisfy the crowd

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    Please not a remake. The games were so bad storywise. Storyline made absolutely no sense, you could skip like 5 Gym Badges, there was no real plan on where to go to, you just did something that felt right, and the region was overall boring.
    Make a sequel, show us how much Kanto has changed in like, 4 years? Show us how the characters have changed, which gym leaders have retired, what has become of Cinnabar Island, Red who finally returned and Giovanni who is a good guy now.

But if Kanto ever reappears in a non-remake, then make a game or games in which you can travel to al the regions. Sounds like a good 25 year anniversary to me.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Make a sequel, show us how much Kanto has changed in like, 4 years? Show us how the characters have changed, which gym leaders have retired, what has become of Cinnabar Island, Red who finally returned and Giovanni who is a good guy now.

Sequel wouldn't be so bad. Although it's sort of hard to imagine bringing any previous bad guys back--such as Team Rocket, as they have already been defeated--for protagonist to chase off, they're always able to introduce new ones, which, I'm sure, would be welcomed by many of us.

Also, this'd allow us to finally see how Kanto is in their new graphical style, which some fans have been waiting for for a while.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • The thing with a Kanto sequel is that Gold/Silver are supposed to be sequels in their own right, so would this take place before, during, or after Gold/Silver? And then, would their stories be separate or together? This is quite an eye-popping idea.

Years
  • Make a sequel, show us how much Kanto has changed in like, 4 years? Show us how the characters have changed, which gym leaders have retired, what has become of Cinnabar Island, Red who finally returned and Giovanni who is a good guy now.

This. I like Kanto and all but I don't want another rehash of the same generation we already have. I want to see what happened to Kanto after Johto seemingly took over. I don't know about everyone else but, in my opinion, Gold/Silver/Crystal/SS/HG had made Kanto seem like people were moving away and the region becoming deserted. Plus, we already saw how things had changed in 2-3 years. I want to know how it becomes 10+ years later.

In terms of towns, cities, routes, and other locations, they could make some major aesthetic changes if they choose, so that Kanto feels like an entirely new region and not something we've explored before.

I could see them reusing a lot of the areas for Gen 1. My only really big want would be for them to use Lumiose City kind of graphics for Saffron City (or maybe Fuchsia City) and give it the kind of towers that are in Super Smash Bros. I just hope they wouldn't add any more cafes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I agree, them using Lumiose City graphics and whatnot would be pretty cool. I've always loved Castelia from Black and White due to how unique and city-like it seemed, but they've managed to impress me (as well as a lot of others, I'm sure) even further with Lumiose.

Though, I could imagine them improving and changing some things before incorporating, so that things don't closely resemble. If they're creating these remakes on a newer generation, I believe they'd be pushing their graphical style more, and with that, things such as buildings, trees, streetlights, and so forth would be looking more dynamic, I feel.

If they're planning to make these games sequels rather than remakes, I suppose things could be changed even further, with, as an example, buildings and whatnot being added or removed.

Years
  • I agree, them using Lumiose City graphics and whatnot would be pretty cool. I've always loved Castelia from Black and White due to how unique and city-like it seemed, but they've managed to impress me (as well as a lot of others, I'm sure) even further with Lumiose.

Though, I could imagine them improving and changing some things before incorporating, so that things don't closely resemble. If they're creating these remakes on a newer generation, I believe they'd be pushing their graphical style more, and with that, things such as buildings, trees, streetlights, and so forth would be looking more dynamic, I feel.

If they're planning to make these games sequels rather than remakes, I suppose things could be changed even further, with, as an example, buildings and whatnot being added or removed.

My only scare for a Lumiose-like Saffron city is if they add Cafe or Cafe-like places that don't really have that great of a use. I would love for them to make it where you could go into a building and maybe go out onto their second/third/fourth/whatever floor and look out a window and see what the area looks like from that angle. I would have loved to have been able to do that in Lumiose. That, or look from the top of Prism Tower and see the city.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yeah, that would be pretty cool; it'll be nice to be seeing the city through window from a different angles and whatnot, which could perhaps be able to show us some things we weren't seeing before, such as items hidden between trees (hope I'm making sense!).

I'm not sure what their chances are of getting a hold of such an idea, but I'm sure it won't be too tough for them to execute, considering that they've officially moved away from 2D graphics in generation six.

Years
  • It would honestly be a great idea especially for the people who never had the change to play those games(Like me -sniffle-) and maybe it would be more facinating in 3D for the newest age since the old graphics wouldn't impress anymore but think of the other side.
    If the kanto region would be recreated the old pokemon fans(not all but most) would of may be bored to it since they will see the same pokemon over and over again which might make them to lose their impress and it would be like the Game Freak is staying on the old fashion and probably don't have any ideas of new pokemon so they keep updating the old games which might be boring to watch and play the same plot and characters all the time being.
    On the other side they have been already making Alpha Shapphire and Omega Ruby which will be released soon and this is already an old remake which will allow alot of people having the taste of the old and new fashioned pokemon style as the mix of Kanto and Y X generation which will be really interesting and fun but it will be a little bit worrying if they will get to make a 3d remake of Red and Blue because it will put us to think pokemon is remaining out of ideas so there may be no other pokemon generation.And trust meh the 70% of people who enjoy the pokemon series and games out there are already curious for the next generation and the new pokemon and we all are waiting with a small agony to see what other surprises Game Freak is having for us.

Maybe because the newest fans might stick better with the new ideas,sadly we can't bring every past games to life because this way we will see older pokemon again and again and it might be awesome sometimes but sometimes it's not.And Pokemon will lose many fans this way if you will think about it,despite how exciting it might be.
    Imma sorreh if this message sounded non-friendly or rude(or dissapointing),I never had those intentions I am just saying a small opinion on that threadeh.

But on the other hand Game freak would do that as a bonus update on the next generation?It would be like even more excited if they will be able to update the older generation with a huge mix of the new ones and there might be a different and more exciting plot to complete!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'd say this has some potential now. I remember reading somewhere that the game-origin value for X & Y is 24/25 and Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby is 26 and 27 respectively. This means that only two more games can display a pentagon on X/Y (28 & 29) and with the 20th anniversary release of Red & Blue approaching in 2016, it would be a very suitable release in that time frame. It would also mean that Generation VI would last for 3 years, just as Generation V did.

Also to mention the fact that Fire Red & Leaf Green were released two years after Ruby & Sapphire, and two years after 2014 (release of ORAS) would be 2016 (the 20th anniversary).

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
  • It might be neat to have a new remake of Pokemon Red and Blue. A lot of things were planned for Firered and Leafgreen but were cut due to time constraints, like Sevii Isles 8 and 9, and there's a ton of strange things that could be neat for events (Pattern Bush anyone?) But if they try and push Mega Evolution and retcon a bunch of things just for that I probably won't be too happy,

But I do have one request.... Can they PLEASE put Mew under the truck?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I think it would be really cool to revisit the Kanto region in 3D. At the same time...two remakes in one generation, one of which being a remake of a remake? Doesn't seem likely to me. The idea of a sequel or at least a game that takes place in the Kanto region but at a different point in time with a different story has potential, imo.

I'd just really like to see regions finally get re-visited for once. It's like we only ever have one adventure in a region, and then it just goes stale and we never get to see how the worlds develop or how the region and characters change with the passing of time--that's part of the reason why I loved BW2 and GSC so much. It'd be nice to see them finally start revisiting the regions, especially Kanto :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Yep, I second the games being sequels (taking place at a later time) due to all reasons I've stated in my previous posts, haha. Though, most of it is from my own point of view, but am sure many of us could agree.

We've visited Kanto around four times thus far, with two focusing around original plot, and other two being connected with Johto storyline, if you know what I mean. If we're going to get another chance to see this place at some point in future, I believe it would be pretty intriguing to see how Kanto develops itself years after initial RBGY events.

I don't know if someone already mentioned this idea, but what about a Blue remake on the Wii-U (in stunning HD *drools*) with all 151 Pokémon catchable. It's unlikely, but if they ever will make a main entry Pokemon game on a home console, the Wii-U is the perfect (and only) choice for it thanks to its controller.

Back