• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • ^ Audy is the top technical dude, and he was rushed through the ranks just so admins could use his tech savvyness, which has saved PC's butt in many an occasion. Half the PC features are there thanks to him, and that could be an understatement. Alex can play with plugins and all but that's it. Jake is, by contrast, the "front end" guy. The others... just weren't chosen for their coding abilities, let's leave it at that.

And, honestly, I'm pretty sure you'd be a better hstaff than most of the current ones, it's really hard not to, considering the current level.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years

Not sure if that's a compliment to me or scorn to the H-Staff, but thanks.

Ivysaur

Years
  • A mix of both. You probably have more programming knowledge than virtually every non-Audy hstaff combined (which... considering none of them are programming professionals, nor are they there for that purpose... is not that hard). Plus yeah. I'll shut up though, I already got a permanent 5-point infraction for disrespecting the hstaff.

Hi Klippy! How is your day going?

Akiba

Years

You have a way with words.

Speaking of infractions and Klippy, he practically saved me from being banned once. I'm pretty grateful for that.

Ivysaur

Years
  • I just had to laugh when I made that post and saw you looking :P

How is the US Open shaping up? Think Fed has another one on him?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

I think he has a decent draw, as compared to the rest for sure.

Stan and Murray are in the same quarter.

Fed has Berdych who he's very capable of dispatching.

Djokovic and Nadal in the same quarter. Possibly dangerous, but in Nadal's current shape...let's not kid around.

Nishikori/Ferrer have a nice quarter spot. None of the big guys even close to them really. Could see Nishi reach the semi's easily.

Ivysaur

Years
  • I don't really consider Nadal a challenger at this point, and Ferrer has always been a Nadal-minus-one. If Cilic or Nishi make it to the semifinals against Nole, we would have some really exciting two final games. I expect Fed to make it to the final with few distractions, with the survivor of Murray/Stan being the hardest one but not-that-deadly either, to be honest. Surprises do happen, but...

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens. Don't want another Djoker win. I'd take a Fed above all, Wawrinka second, Murray/Nishi/Cilic/dark horse third, Nadal fourth, Djoker fifth. :P

As for the women, despite not liking Serena much, I'm rooting for her to get the Grand Slam.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years

Not sure if there are any good alternatives to sex segregation in sports.
    Mixing would just mean men destroying any competition in most cases and women not really having a chance to make it just because of biological differences.

Media here is usually pretty good at not making the male half the "default" one (ergo, for instance, "football" and "women's football"). We have gentlemen's football teams and ladies' football teams, and so on. Or however you'd translate it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years

I don't really see it being too much of a problem- not without being put into practice, at least.

Apart from the fact that in pretty much anything athletic, men are given different training regimens than women (which is part of the problem), the biological differences between men and women as far as this is concerned isn't damning either way. It's largely a matter of expectations and the application of those expectations into the development of the athletes. Remove the expectations, remove the wall of segregation. Then again, in 2015 where women treated quite differently than men in places where it simply doesn't make sense, this is pretty understandable.

Hilariously absurd, but understandable. I'll give it time, though. I can see this pretty antiquated societal logic staying possibly forever, but who knows.

Yukari

I have nothing to add here.

I'd kinda like it if we changed the topic actually but you guys do what you want.

Akiba

Years

Orph always reminds me of the protagonist from SnU.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I don't really see it being too much of a problem- not without being put into practice, at least.

Apart from the fact that in pretty much anything athletic, men are given different training regimens than women (which is part of the problem), the biological differences between men and women as far as this is concerned isn't damning either way. It's largely a matter of expectations and the application of those expectations into the development of the athletes. Remove the expectations, remove the wall of segregation. Then again, in 2015 where women treated quite differently than men in places where it simply doesn't make sense, this is pretty understandable.

For most Olympic sports, it isn't as big of a difference, but in contact sports where weight helps quite a bit, the natural biological differences in weight and height make a pretty big difference. And in sports dependent on height. 6'1" is considered on the small side for a male basketball player, yet is quite a bit on the taller side for women in general.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • For most Olympic sports, it isn't as big of a difference, but in contact sports where weight helps quite a bit, the natural biological differences in weight and height make a pretty big difference. And in sports dependent on height. 6'1" is considered on the small side for a male basketball player, yet is quite a bit on the taller side for women in general.

Ech...well, that's annoying. Are women actually not allowed in non-women's sports, though, or is it more a thing that they are but generally just aren't in them (for understandable reasons).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back