• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dream Weavers

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    To deal with the discomfort of the empty house I look for the shower.
    Same, tho. Same.

Haha, welcome fellow Dreamer! You'll be added to the member's list, my friend!

Years
    an interesting thing i want to share:

so, for the past couple of years (or rather, this has been going on longer than that), i've always had this dreams of driving. i would be absolutely terrible at it (which actually is the reason why i'm afraid of driving irl!), but for whatever reason or another, i would be in the driver's seat. this would end predictably bad, either in some sort of terrible crash or another and it'd just turn into another one of my typical nightmares. i'm pretty sure i'd just have some sort of anxiety attack while driving and this would case the crash or something like that.

so imagine my surprise when in some of my recent dreams, i've actually been getting better at it! not... perfect of course (nowhere close, actually), but at least i don't crash terribly. i know i shouldn't lean into my own dreams for driving practice, but hey, mildly bumping into some obstacles is better than totally obliteration of my vehicle, so i'll take that as a win.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    *car dreams*

I used to have these dreams a lot when I drove. They've become fewer now, but back when I drove, even before having panic attacks about driving, I would dream that I'd lose control of my vehicle. Most often, it would be that the breaks don't work, or that the steering wheel doesn't actually turn. I'd usually only wake up before anything truly bad happened, until the panic attacks. Then I'd more consistently wake up only after crashing.

I can only hope you're going in the reverse direction. As much as I dislike driving now, I used to love it. It's very freeing and so much fun to drive down a calm road with all the windows open.

Years
    see the biggest reason i fear driving is because of those dreams where i'd just lose control of my car and crash constantly or just be generally awful at it so it just gives me terrible anxiety >.> hopefully that passes, though.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Fear of driving is something I can relate to unfortunately. I thought about using the current situation to try and put in an effort to rid myself of it because I feel it's an extremely useful skill to have.

On another note, I had another odd-ish dream last night. I was walking along a stone path somewhere in the mountains, tripped and fell down the cliff which naturally resulted in my death. I left my body as a ghost just stared at it while floating above it. And my attitude was along the lines of "man I HATE when that happens". And then I woke up.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Ahaha "Oh man, I'm dead, I hate when that happens". What does it mean? xD

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Dreamers! The weekend is coming up! So let's give us something to do, shall we?

In the coming week, I want us to create. I want us to post these creations, whatever they might be, into our lovely group. So create, Dreamers! Create something -- a piece of literature, a poem, a drawing, painting, sculpture, comic strip, anything you want -- that relates to a dream that you can't get off your mind. It can be a dream that frightened or fascinated you, bewildered or amazed you, or even something you'd like to dream about.

So create, Dreamers! Create something about your dreams, and let's share them with one another. 🖤

Years
    I'm super excited about this event CiCi!

I have had some zany dreams lately, nightmares from being in the Overlook Hotel out of Stephen King's The Shining to Sauron returning from Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings, so I have lots of images to chew on.

Last night I dreamed of mice--I'm afraid of them. But things were big like the Mouse King from the Nutcracker. In the dream my cat came to the rescue and battled to defend me. I'm going to design a fakemon on based on the big hero cat from my dreams who can dynamax.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    So I'm not very good at drawings like this, and it's really far off from the things I'm used to imagining/drawing, but I once had a dream about a very pink and fantastical area. It was a dream I had a few years ago but luckily I had a really old drawing based on it back then. Tried my best to recreate it. It'll be the first of at least one contribution -- I may have one or two more pieces to contribute before the end of next week.

The Dream Weavers

In this dream, I could jump from floating island to floating island, like the gravity was really low. While there were clouds around, the sky also had dolphins, whales, rays, fish, and other marine life, as well as a boat. The dream has stood out even now as a really fun and enjoyable experience.

Neb

Cosmog Enthusiast
    Years
    • Age 22
    • He/they
    • Oregon
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    This looks like a cool club!

What's your most recent dream (or nightmare)?: I dreamt a few days ago that I was trapped in an Australian university and was trying to avoid evil vampire-like creatures. At the end, I escaped and drove away in a car.

Have any recurring dreams?: As a kid I had recurring dream where I was performing ballet on top of a skyscraper. Every time I was about to do a twirl, I would slip and fall off the building. The first time I had it I was three and the last time was when I was 8.

Remember any childhood nightmares?: When I was 11 I dreamt I was trapped in my school at night. My classmates were there, but they had Vulpix heads with glowing red eyes. As I was sneaking through the library, one of them noticed me and alerted the others to capture me. The dream ended when I was just about to get bitten by one.

What's one of your favorite dreams you've ever had?: My favorite dream was from just a few weeks ago! It was a lucid dream where I was explore a futuristic Portland, Oregon. There were bullet trains with open roofs and plenty of flying cars.

Do you have the ability to lucid dream?: Yes, but it's very rare. I can only think of a few dreams where I was in complete control.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    What's one of your favorite dreams you've ever had?: My favorite dream was from just a few weeks ago! It was a lucid dream where I was explore a futuristic Portland, Oregon. There were bullet trains with open roofs and plenty of flying cars.
    A very cool lucid dream! And that childhood nightmare was pretty cool, too. Welcome to The Dream Weavers, Neb! Feel free to participate in our Dreamers Creation event! 🖤

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Create something dream related over the weekend? Got it!
    I had a strange dream last night:
    I was enjoying me some Hearts of Iron IV as Greece when, out of nowhere, a Machoke navy appears and makes Italy capitulate almost instantly, after which they wrecked everyone in the Mediterranean, including me. Also every peninsula was Italy for some reason. Pretty short and random dream. Here's a quick doodle of it:
    Spoiler:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Bahaha xD That's the best doodle. What a strange dream

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I somehow got something done. I usually don't post anything I make because its awful, but whatever. xD
    The Dream Weavers
    (click for a bigger image)

I liked this one a lot. This dream was a video game of some sorts that consisted of multiple "campaigns". The first one took a sad turn when the characters ran into a group of low level enemies that unfortunately also had that one higher level monster that made short work of them. The second campaign I saw pretty much the late game of. The main characters where two high level witches who where traveling a dungeon road to down to hell. On their way they discovered a building with big glass panes. In this building there where playable characters from other campaigns (ones I unfortunately was not allowed to experience).
    The last campaign only unlocked after every other one was completed. It was pretty much the final battle. It took place in an underwater temple that you had to navigate through ship. At the end of it there was a big wall with a tablet that upon examining activated. As a result the final boss was summoned: the god of the sea. The playable character was a sailor who fought enemies by throwing harpoons on them.

Years
    My nerves are in a bundle again this morning. Last night I was talking to my mom, and she was telling me about a good dream she had where she inherited a large amount of property. It was a lavish estate centuries old from some English duke, a place that we would never have set foot in normally unless it was converted into a musuem and offering a guided tour. If I had a dream like that I would have known it couldn't be real alas. *Wistful sigh* She and I sometimes watch romantic costume dramas together though, Downton Abbey, Victoria, adaptations of Jane Austen or Philippa Gregory, so we see our fair share of palaces and ball gowns. This is probably what planted the idea in her head.

Unfortunately all that she was telling me before she went to bed seemed to trigger me to dream about the opposite, living in squalor and uncertainty. Somehow I didn't have the house I live in, and it wasn't explained why. It's like this part of my life now never happened, and I was alternating between trying to live in the basement on the graces of estranged relatives, staying in seedy motels and interviewing for residence at apartments that were already filled. At one point I was checking into a haunted house.

I briefly considered adapting the house with the ghosts into a creative project for this event. But think maybe I should stick with my fakemon cat, something whimsical and less likely to trigger more bad dreams. "Wargul" the new fairy Pokemon I devised for the event is arriving soon almost finished.

EDIT: Okay, I got my storm cat here Wargul, the dream version of my cat. The name came from my Kitty's name Ward, combined with Gul like blue grey flying cats Bygul and Trjegul that pulled the Norse goddess Freya's chariot through the heavens. The word "war" for battle is also implicit in the name.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I somehow got something done. I usually don't post anything I make because its awful, but whatever. xD
    The Dream Weavers
    Are you kidding? That looks so cool! And your dream sounds like it was a lot of fun as well! Something so normal is a rarity in terms of my own dreams, but they're enjoyable nonetheless. Of course, could be just because I love video games, hehe ^^

Spoiler:

I'm sorry to hear about your dream. It's unfortunate that this seems to happen to you a lot, but at least this time it was able to bring out such creativity. Wargul is a really cool idea for a Pokemon, and I love how you were able to turn it from such an uncomfortable and horrible dream state into a whimsical, dreamy Pokemon. If nothing else, it shows that you won't be held down by your mind concocting these terrible dreams for you. 🖤🖤

With that said, this event is continuing to go on as I know there are a couple of people still interested in it, so keep these creations coming if you have any! 🖤

I'll probably be uploading something for this event soon. I had a not-so-stellar dream last night as well and it was a little too real so I think it needs to come out.

CiCi

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I finally finished my other project for this event. I'm not much of a poetess, but I thought that it was the best avenue to unleash my feelings, so here it is for anyone who wants to read.

In the Dream from Whence You Came

Never was I close to you
    But still I won't forget
    How your light and joy reminds me
    Of simpler days, and yet
    The dream from whence you came
    Left in my mind a dreadful bane
    And an impression of gloom
    From what my eyes did see

I saw you there, clinging
    To the breaths you took
    Light and terror of that room never to be the same
    How my body shook
    With the shedding of my tears
    And discovered extent of my fears
    In the dream from whence you came
    It now resides in my heart, ringing

Ringing and ringing for a time long gone
    Of simpler days
    Of the sun's sweet rays
    Now destroyed by your body, maimed
    And sung by my heart a mournful song
    In the dream from whence you came

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    It's been a while since I last had a bad dream and the one I had last night was incredibly vivid:

I moved to a new apartment and went to a nearby mall to buy some groceries. The shop I went to was on the top floor so I took the elevator. Did my shopping and went home, but then I remembered I forgot the soap. So I turn around and enter the elevator once more. This time, a construction worker and 2 nuns enter with me as well. We reach the top floor, but when the doors open... it wasn't the mall.
    It reminded me of a subway tunnel, but without any tracks. All four of us step out. I was pretty confused so I asked one of the nuns if the shop I'm going to is nearby, to which she giggled ominously and said good luck. Walking a bit further through the tunnel, I saw a corpse on the floor which was pretty shocking. Then a few meters later, another identical corpse... then another. About 6 corpses later I reached a widened area of the tunnel which resembled a decrepit living room with a worn sofa, armchair, tea table and an old TV. I decided to take a seat in the armchair and soon a man resembling the corpses comes in and takes a seat on the sofa. He was also very confused and disturbed by seeing a bunch of his corpse. A woman then cam as well and told him he wasn't supposed to find out he was a clone. She pulls out a knife but instead of attempting to murder the man, she turns to me and swings.
    I grabbed the knife by the blade, cutting myself badly, but somehow managed to tear it out of her hand. Without hesitation, I immediately ran the knife through her throat. The man was terrified and prepared to run away, while I stood in front of her lifeless body, shaking and on the verge of crying about what I just did.
    For better or for worse, I woke up afterwards and actually felt the tears about to form in my eyes.

Years
    Another stressful dream for me. This time I literally dreamed about going to a Nazi concentration camp. This might have been triggered because I was watching a video about what ancient Rome had for a prison system-- it was unenviable to say the least. I love history, but really need to watch myself before bed time, and view only nice things.

Just when things were starting to take a turn for the positive in my dreams. I had finally had a few nice ones.

Years
    Update because I finally had a light hearted dream! I was getting my hair styled and when I took the curlers out of my hair my locks had magically been dyed pink! I did a quick doodle or two just to have another fun sketch based on a dream. This is me with my pink bob. I was turning heads with my bright pink hairdo in the dream.

Spoiler:

I have never dyed my hair, with the exception of some subtle highlighting with henna some years back, much less thought of dying it pink. But now I'm wondering if I could rock some hot pink curls like this legendary lady.

The Dream Weavers

Last edited:
    Back