• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Life] The Dream Weavers

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Seems like we've had some pretty interesting dreams this past week, Dreamers! Especially your dream, Sam, where you had those banging pink curls! Very cool.

Meanwhile, I'm over here unable to remember my dreams for the most part. >.> And as someone who usually remembers her very vivid dreams, whether interesting or otherwise, it's very strange that I've been unable to do so for the past week or so.

That brings an interesting question to mind: What do we do that has an effect on our dreams? In terms of diet or daily life, do any of us notice a pattern? I know some people swear that spicy or sweet food gives them nightmares.

Personally, I've not noticed a pattern with my eating habits, but I have noticed that if I wear myself out with physical activity, I have deeper dreams that last longer and are incredibly vivid, for better or worse. My food intake could very well do something to my dreams, but I've not noticed.

How about you guys? And if anyone is interested, then maybe we can have a daily diary sort of deal, where for a week we track what we ate and did and see what it does to our dreams. But that's a tall order so I'd only want to do that if we have several people on board with it.

Years
    I don't know if this counts as a pattern per say, but I know that I'm sensitive to content, and what I watch or read about later appears in my dream. Pokemon has repeatedly been a theme of my dreams for instance, which makes sense because I play Pokemon games.

Last night I was watching another episode of a Chinese television series that I have been engrossed with for weeks, the Story of Yanxi Palace. It's a vicious costume drama set during the Qing Dynasty under the reign of Emperor Qian Long.

The main character from the series Wei Yinglou, is a lowly maid in a world of extravagant wealth and powerful nobles, but survives the treacherous court because of her sharp wits. The last episode I saw was a cliff-hanger that has me scared to death for Yinglou. She's been accused of a very serious crime. She's been accused of things she didn't do before, and usually able to clear her name of suspicion, but this time as a viewer I am not sure whether she is innocent or guilty, much less how she can get out of it and save her position. Not saying what happened for spoilers, but this charge would definitely her life in danger, characters have been executed for less. Yinglou is dedicated and fiercely loyal, so I would like to think she wouldn't do this, but there are so many scheming courtiers that I think it's a distinct possibility she was misled to participate in this plot.

My worries for the character followed me into my dream. In the series there's a place in the Forbidden City called The Office of Careful Punishment, and torture takes place here. In the dream Yinglou is sent here and flogged, serving out a prison sentence. Another character is also incarcerated in my dream Fuca.

In the series Fuca and Yinglou are the characters that you're rooting for to get together. He's a kind-hearted palace guard who appears to be in love with Yinglou from afar.

In my dream he's thrown in jail for trying to protect Yinglou. Things look grim for the couple, and I see the authorities taking Yinglou outside for what I fear is her execution.

I woke up from the dream feeling low, and I hope that no harm befalls these two on the show. I'll be upset!

CiCi

[font=Satisfy]Obsession: Watanuki Kimihiro and Izu
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Weird dream, just woke up, lemme write.

So there's this house, old and big, with an entity in it that sucks souls out of people. Shadowy mass, black, follows from the lower levels which looks like offices oddly enough.

Family moves in, tormented without knowing why. One of the sons explores huge house, finds lower levels locked up, unlocking unleashes full power. He finds documents about it, realizes what's happening, and devises a plan with his brother to stop it (they live in the loft area, with skylights and such, it's pretty cool).

Plan is to evacuate house but ensure the being doesn't stick to anyone first. Any living being can have the entity on them, so they do it slowly and discreetly. First son goes to lower levels where entity is most active, waits behind special door in only room the entity cannot go. Then he gets the signal to book it once the entity is distracted.

He runs, and it's suddenly me, I'm running as fast as I can, up the cellar stairs with it on my heels. Burst out the door, run, and turn around. The shadowy beast is in the doorway, staring. We succeeded.

Don't touch him. He'll suck out your soul slowly, he'll stick to you. The only way to destroy him now is to starve him.

That's what I remember. Probably gonna pass back out for another few hours now, lol, but it was a cool dream and I wanted to document it.

Years
    What a frightful dream CiCi! What did you eat that may have triggered that? Take care dear.

It does sound like it would be an interesting dream to adapt into an anime, horror movie or manga. Fascinating.

I had 4 or 5 scary dreams last night. Since I am trying to mind what I eat and see if it has an effect on my dreams I wonder if I should stay away from peanut butter cookies or coconut ones. I had some before I went to bed and what I dreamed of was unrelentingly intense.

The Dream Weavers

In the last dream I was living in a glass mansion by the beach. There were tidal waves and floods that submerged most of the landscape for miles underwater.

In real life it's been raining a lot and there have been flood warnings so that might also have something to do with my dreams. I was also recently having a discussion about Moby Dick and also enjoying the Pirates of Penzance, so that might be why I am seeing so much seaside imagery. But I digress.

In my dream off in the distance there were sunken ships, and property headed to the bottom of the oceans, trees swallowed, floating wreckage.

I could soar over the sea from a bird's eye view way up in the clouds and spot pirates and Vikings plundering others as if I was a seagull. I also saw angels and groups of pegasi up in the air.

Most of the island I lived on had been overtaken by the sea, but my glass house was untouched. I seemed to have everything I need in the enormous house, but sinister souls are coming out of the darkness, walking the shores of the beach headed to my home. I am reminded of Samara coming of the well in the movie The Ring. I am struggling to lock my front doors so they can't get in, but in that typical dream way the locks aren't working, so I run down the stairs, and flee to the basement, going through secret passageways and looking for a place to hide.

I hear voices and know that a dangerous man has gotten inside... that's most of what I can remember of that dream. There were a bunch of others, but that was the last one, and the clearest to me right now.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I tend to get a lot of short and lively episodes of dreams when I have trouble sleeping. It seems like the longer it takes for me to finally sleep the more vividly they can turn out. Its also those that I tend to remember better. Sleep deprivation can be a weird thing I guess.

Just a little while ago In one of those episodes I was sneaking around a house in some sort of stealth game. At a certain point in time there was a mission where I had to get into the cellar. There was also an armor upgrade that looked like the stuff surgeons wear mask inclusive in white.

As I woke up I realized that the current time finally made its way into my dream world. xD

Years
    I'm beginning to think there might just be something to what we eat affecting our dreams. The night before last I switched from sweet to salty before I went to bed. The last thing I remember eatting was a bowl of Annie Chun's vegan udon noodle soup around midnight. My dreams then were mundane, still stressful but dreams of things like being back in college and unable to pay tuition and stuck on road trips with a houseful of annoying relatives. I felt agitated,but the the dreams weren't as creepy I suppose.

Last night I got up to feed the cat late at night and grabbed a chocolate chip cookie from the kitchen before going back to bed. The dreams that followed were way more out there, venturing into fantasy, horror, nightmare land.

I walking through ghost towns, deserted marketplaces and empty amusement parks. I go into this country store with some old timers who are about to close it for the evening. They have what appears to be a petting zoo with some pigs out back that they are telling me I purchased, and give me some feed to go take care of the pigs. I am walking around the barn sweeping the floor looking after the pigs. I am talking to three pigs, tidying up their pens, they talk to me and I ask them about their day. I don't seem to think anything is strange about this. The pigs are depressed , and one of the pigs is getting sick though, vomiting and coughing up blood, and I'm calling the farmers, trying to her help for the pig. The pig has turned into a person! He's a human being in a cage. It's like the opposite of what happens in the movie Spirited Away.

I don't remember what happens next I fear, but what I do remember was quite strange to say the least. I'm going to try salty food tonight before bed to see what happens.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Hi! So, with this, I'd like to join this club! I wrote a story about a dream I once had:

Spoiler:

I based it off my dream where I seemed to have traveled to America, but I was stuck there. I then saw a couple of people until this important looking woman came out, announcing some sort of contest... And that's when I woke up. Seemed boring at first, so I tried jazzing it up -- I included the concept of 'daemons' that were based off a film called the Golden Compass.

Years
    I had a whimsical dream for a change. All of the plushies I had began to multipy until the room was full, and they were falling off my bed because there were so many. Cute.

Edit: I also dreamed of Pokemon, I just remembered. I captured a shiny noibat in my dream last night, which makes sense because I was recently went on that very hunt, and it was successful.

I have dreamed of Pokemon before, I remember picking starter Pokemon, going to the Pokemon center to heal my ailing charmander, soaring on Latias through Hoenn, and encountering Suicuine in the Johto just like Eusine, and capturing a wild Shiny amaura

The most notable Pokemon dream I remember having was dreaming that I was working in an aquarium caretaking sea creatures. I was in charge of cleaning Kyogre's tank. I would talk to Kyogre, befriend it, and go swimming with it, but then Team Aqua/Magma arrived and we were both in danger.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    I had a bad dream... a really bad dream.
    Right now I feel kinda terrible from this too.

I was staying at a strangers house, and seemed kinda friendly too, until they decided to attack me with Garden rakes and brooms, and all other sorts of things. Turns out they were racists and I was trapped in the house. When I finally made my escape, this guy chased me with a gun through the neighborhood and no one did anything to help me or stop him.

Luckily it was then that I woke up, but... It was a really bad dream nonetheless. What if that happened in real life? Racism aside — that can happen anywhere anytime and a continuous problem... like I see myself as a really forgettable person, and... that dream made me kinda think, so I have anyone to really rely on? It was a while, but That dream made me feel the first time in a long while that I experienced true lonely ness.

Ah... it got really heavy; sorry about that, just wanted to let that out. But yeah, it also made me glad to where I live right now, in an open community.

Anywho, nightmare aside, I hope you guys get better dreams than I did~

Last edited:
    Years
    I had a bad dream... a really bad dream.
    Right now I feel kinda terrible from this too.

I was staying at a strangers house, and seemed kinda friendly too, until they decided to attack me with Garden rakes and brooms, and all other sorts of things. Turns out they were racists and I was trapped in the house. When I finally made my escape, this guy chased me with a gun through the neighborhood and no one did anything to help me or stop him.

Luckily it was then that I woke up, but... It was a really bad dream nonetheless. What if that happened in real life? Racism aside — that can happen anywhere anytime and a continuous problem... like I see myself as a really forgettable person, and... that dream made me kinda think, so I have anyone to really rely on? It was a while, but That dream made me feel the first time in a long while that I experienced true lonely ness.

Ah... it got really heavy; sorry about that, just wanted to let that out. But yeah, it also made me glad to where I live right now, in an open community.

Anywho, nightmare aside, I hope you guys get better dreams than I did~

Granted, I'm no dream therapist and nightmares are something that I still have work to do to rid myself of, but I think more likely a dream like this is a reflection of fears you hold, than it is a premonition of something like this happening to you in real life. You said yourself that you a live in a community that is accepting and you feel fortunate because of it, if that's true then you have good neighbors. And here on pc we won't let anything happen to you, rest assure. You have many friends. From what you have told me about your family and how extremely close you guys are, I don't think they would think of you as forgettable either. Speaking for myself I haven't forgotten you.

Some of the horrors we see in the news can easily enter into our own subconscious. It's hard to not feel vulnerable right now, whether it's worries of getting sick during this pandemic, losing a job as economy collapses, being a victim of police brutality or having your property vandalized in a riot. There is anger, feaer, instability and mistrust in the climate that can shake anyone, even the sturdiest of trees. There could be also general underlying self-esteem issues here evwn without these elements, especially if you're having thoughts like you have nobody to rely on, violence in dreams may be emotional/mental injury or the threat thereof.

I find it interesting that you are being chased with rather mundane, household objects initially like rakes and brooms. These are items that generally are helpful, you clean your house and sweep the dust away with brooms, rakes help you tidy up the yard and gather fallen leaves. These are actually potentially tools, rather than just weapons. Even a gun is an object that can be used for self-defense. Sometimes confrontation in dreams can be about needing to face something. In the dreams you're running and looking for someone to help you. Maybe you're being pursued because there is something in your waking life that you can't run from? Instead of looking for someone else, there could be something that you need to do for yourself. Ask, yourself if there is anything in your life that needs to be fixed?

While yoy may feel like an outsider and experiencing loneliness or thoughts of inadequacy right now, I hope that you can feel better, and want to say that opening up about how you're feeling is a constructive step forward I think. I think even nightmares, as disturbing as they may be, have messages that we can learn from.

<3

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Granted, I'm no dream therapist and nightmares are something that I still have work to do to rid myself of, but I think more likely a dream like this is a reflection of fears you hold, than it is a premonition of something like this happening to you in real life. You said yourself that you a live in a community that is accepting and you feel fortunate because of it, if that's true then you have good neighbors. And here on pc we won't let anything happen to you, rest assure. You have many friends. From what you have told me about your family and how extremely close you guys are, I don't think they would think of you as forgettable either. Speaking for myself I haven't forgotten you.

Some of the horrors we see in the news can easily enter into our own subconscious. It's hard to not feel vulnerable right now, whether it's worries of getting sick during this pandemic, losing a job as economy collapses, being a victim of police brutality or having your property vandalized in a riot. There is anger, feaer, instability and mistrust in the climate that can shake anyone, even the sturdiest of trees. There could be also general underlying self-esteem issues here evwn without these elements, especially if you're having thoughts like you have nobody to rely on, violence in dreams may be emotional/mental injury or the threat thereof.

I find it interesting that you are being chased with rather mundane, household objects initially like rakes and brooms. These are items that generally are helpful, you clean your house and sweep the dust away with brooms, rakes help you tidy up the yard and gather fallen leaves. These are actually potentially tools, rather than just weapons. Even a gun is an object that can be used for self-defense. Sometimes confrontation in dreams can be about needing to face something. In the dreams you're running and looking for someone to help you. Maybe you're being pursued because there is something in your waking life that you can't run from? Instead of looking for someone else, there could be something that you need to do for yourself. Ask, yourself if there is anything in your life that needs to be fixed?

While yoy may feel like an outsider and experiencing loneliness or thoughts of inadequacy right now, I hope that you can feel better, and want to say that opening up about how you're feeling is a constructive step forward I think. I think even nightmares, as disturbing as they may be, have messages that we can learn from.

<3

Does anything in my life need fixing? No... Nothing like that. I mean, I already have plans for the future and such, and it's not like I'm under any financial stress, so, I'm doing okay for my overall life, I think.

But, if I can guess the cause, yesterday though specifically, I guess deep down I felt a bit crummy? But, I always tried to... bottle up those emotions within, and I'm used to this because throughout my life, I don't really have any opportunities to vent to without being judged or being called ridiculous... so, I guess yesterday I guess I've been subconsciously been keeping my feelings of loneliness and.. other negative feelings to myself and tried move on through my day. Perhaps yesterday was a little bit too much that I've bottled up, and that following night, the nightmare signaled that.

Anyway, I don't get nightmares often these days. In fact, I think this was the first one I had in... a few months now? Or a year or two? This dream just shook me a little; after telling group of friends about it, they were cool about it and I felt better overall.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This morning my hubby was kind enough to wake me up and ask if I wanted tea. I woke up and mumbled a 'yes' then immediately fell back sleep. During that short five minute window I dreamt that he brought me the entire kettle full of boiling water with a bunch of various tea bags sitting in it. I was trying to explain to him why that's really, really silly and he just.. didn't understand why bringing the whole damn kettle was a problem when I said I wanted tea, lmao.

A lighthearted dream but I'm more surprised I was able to enter REM sleep so quickly after being awoken.

@Dragon: Sounds like a pretty classic stress dream. It's not terribly uncommon, even if things are fairly normal in your personal life. The world is in a legitimately terrible place and it's hard not to unconsciously take on that weight. I wouldn't overthink it for now but if it becomes reoccurring or actually disrupts your average sleep than it might be worth exploring with a more critical eye. Feel better, dear. <333

Years
    I haven't posted here in a while, not for lack of dreams. I have had plenty, both good and bad dreams, but more of them were the uncomfortable to bad type. I have dreamed of things like intrusive relatives barging in and making themselves at home. Realizing that I have all these overdue library books and videos that I rented from stores, but forgot to return them for months, and now have unplayable late fees. Dreams of being a trespasser/vagrant and trying to stay in the shadows of abandoned, run down apartments. Going to beach trips, and experiencing grey skies and rain storms the whole time.

Because it wasn't anything too new I was a little reluctant to post again since I had been the last poster. Though you are allowed to double post in The Clubhouse to share update , I just thought I'd wait to see if someone got the ball rolling first. I'll take the plunge today though because the dream that I had this morning might mark the beginning of some progress from Nightmare's ville. Though it was intense, I think it was meaningful at the same time.

I have watched a lot of episodes of Chinese historical dramas lately like Empresses in the Palace. I dreamed of a fictional character from one such show, the Eunuch Yuan Chunwang, who is from the television series The Story of Yanxi Palace. This character is called "Brother" on the tv show, and initially takes on a protective and appropriately brotherly role towards the main character, nursing her back to health when she is sick, reducing her work load when he is in a position to supervise her, sharing secrets from his past that he wouldn't tell anyone else, coming to see her and stand by her when she is out of favor. He at first seemed like a really devoted ally, but Brother is actually a very troubled character who gets insanely jealous, and becomes obsessed with the heroine Wei Yinglou. He is vindictive and can be violent and very cruel. He will try to kill you if he even perceives that you betrayed him, it doesn't have to be grounded in reality. He was a surprise villain.

In my dream dear Brother is attacking me. It's a serious assault where he is trying to murder me. He is choking me from behind with a chord. I am kicking and fighting him every step of the way. He's wrestling me down in the kitchen, and I am breaking glass vases over his bald head, grabbing heavy cast iron frying pans from my stove and clobbering him, I'm going through the silverware drawer, grabbing a knife. He definitely got the worst end of it. He was on the floor unconscious as I kept whacking him over the head. I was worried that he would pop back up straight out of a horror movie if my back was turned, and I wanted him to stay down. I kicked in his skull, and wouldn't let up.

Eventually family and the police came to take him away. He was badly beat up and bleeding, and going to be put on trial. It seemed he may have assaulted other women, and I may be needed to testify against him. Brother is in the police car, and I am talking to him. He is crying and totally broken. I am calmly trying to understand why he did this, taking on more of a psychologist's role. He's more pitiful in the end than anything else. I wasn't scared of him at all. I realize that he has also been violated and abused, and suffered a lot.

In the series that particular character also went through hell literally since his childhood, and it has affected his identity. On the show there's a mystery to who his real family is. He got passed around from person to person as a kid. A foster father abandoned him on the side of the rode to die. A motherly figure tried to save him, and he watched her also die. He was later sold to the Forbidden City, where he was treated as a very low servant where royal children literally rode on his back like a horse. He was ultimately castrated against his will and forced to be a Eunuch. There are other horrors in store for brother. You do understand why this character has some rage in him, but it is misdirected unfortunately at the wrong people, and he had the potential to be someone great once.

Maybe the dream is telling me that I am conquering/subduing some damaged or destructive aspect that I previously wrestled with? Because I defeat brother, an individual who had demons inside of him. In the dream I don't feel like a victim, and can look at all the things that happened from matter of fact prospective, and maybe there is some potential to move forward.

Last edited:
    Years
    How'd I not notice this club before? Sign me up.

I've been having a LOT of nightmares about going back to school. I either want to transfer, or do some sort of alternative learning now.

Years
    I think I am clenching my teeth at night. These last couple of mornings I have awoken to some soreness on the side of my face-- right where my back teeth would be. These would be teeth used for grinding things when eatting. It especially hurts on the left side of my mouth, which is the side that I sleep on and often have pressed against the pillow during the night. After waking to feeling a dull ache in my mouth I sometimes clench my teeth just to see how my body reacts and if it's the same sensation, and immediately that discomfort increases, and there's some mild pain in the left side of my mouth. My back two teeth instantly feel like they've been stressed, and I get the feeling that I must have been doing it for hours to make my jaw feel so tight. I hear that grinding teeth is something associated with people who have anxiety, which I have.

I am looking for precautions against teeth grinding during sleep because I know it's not good for you. I don't do it during the day, and probably as a result everything subsides and I get relief, but at night my unconscious body takes over.

Years
    I heard of teeth grinding pain before, but I never experienced it. Feel better Sam.

I had a weird Animal Crossing related dream last night (I don't have the game yet, but i've seem enough livestreams of it). I started playing the game, but my character was an anthropomorphic bat. And I had to battle Gengars (yes the Pokemon) at night to protect the island. The island I inhabited looked like a jungle. I forgot who my starting two villagers were though.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Definitely try to get the grinding under control before you develop any issues. My husband has TMJ and it's really awful. :(

Also @RedBalloon I'd play the HECK outta a game like that

My dreams have been surprisingly benign as of late! Not the usual cacophony of sound and image they normally are. Last night I dreamt about a group of people.. they all had faces of people I recognized (friends/families) but I knew they were strangers to me -- kind of like Capgras delusion. There were five of them all standing in a row.

Years
    I don't think I did much grinding last night. No pain when I woke up. I hope that holds, because I am not able to find a lot of suggestions for how to stop teeth grinding when I search for answers online, other than try a mouth guard if it persists, which seems like a last resort, sounds super uncomfortable. I have a dental appointment coming up this month, so I'll try to remember to ask my dentist about it.

I am having anxiety dreams, but they're not too bad I guess. I dreamed it was the Christmas season and I was struggling to make ends meet as I shopped in the supermarket. I was trying to figure what I could afford to buy to cook for a family dinner, and worrying because I hadn't bought any presents yet, and it was almost Christmas day, and I was running out of time and cash.

I think financial worries are on the minds of most us right now. Heaven bless.

Back