• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Raoga region

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • Raoga[a id]intro[/a id]
    Introduction
    Goodmorning and welcome to the Raoga region! The region is based on the story that's being written known under the name of Pokémon Choice Quest in Pokémon Trivia in which everyone together decide what actions the protagonist will perform. While only a small piece of the region is set by the story (which has 49 chapters at this very moment), I'm sure the region as made here will have a big influence on the story too.
    Don't refrain yourself to show some love to the region even if you don't have the interest to read Choice Quest. Anything important about the region can be found here and the only thing you're missing is a nonsense Pokémon story in which it took nearly thirty chapters for the main character to obtain Pokéballs.[a id]region[/a id]
    The region of Raoga
    Raoga is a peaceful monarchy governed by Queen Carmen the Third. The capital city Volmia and the towns surrounding them provide a safe and wealthy place to live, where technology has reached a decent level. From the west side trade routes are present to the southeast and Paloma, as well as to surrounding regions. In the northeastern part of Raoga lie two towns that have to develop themselves for the biggest part, as a good connection is prevented by distance and semi-impassable terrain. Big parts are uncivilized and the deep forests provide a great home to various grass and bug type Pokémon. The rivers and seas show each have their own kinds of water Pokémon. The centrally located Mt. Rokk might even have the widest range of species of the whole region, due to its massive size.
    Many of the people are Pokémon trainers, Pokémon trainer just in the simplest meaning of the word, human that has befriended at least one Pokémon to a good level. Most of them just keep their Pokémon as pets or use their assistance at their work. Why would you use a pickaxe when Rhydon's Horn Drill is many times as efficient in mining? Why would you cycle to your work when Braviary can carry you? Pokéballs aren't as common as they are in other places, as it's rare for people to have befriended over three Pokémon, the phrase "Gotta catch 'em all" sounds very strange to the majority of the Raogans. Pokémon aren't standard carried around in Pokéballs, they are just seen as convenient ways to carry Pokémon along. I don't think many bosses appreciate when people bring their pet Mamoswine to the office. Shrinking it and storing it in a ball during work time helps well when you want to ride it on your way back home. Holding an unwillingly Pokémon in possession is seen as imprisoning an innocent and therefore illegal. When a Pokémon in the wild is captured in a Pokéball before befriending it (which is uncommon) the person has to do everything they can to get approved by the Pokémon as trainer, otherwise law states it has to be released in the area it was captured earlier. The fact Pokémon are mainly friends or pets doesn't mean there's no battles however, on Sundays one can see friends challenging each other for friendly battles everywhere in the cities. Experienced Pokémon trainers are rare, as it doesn't pay off. A life as a full time Pokémon trainer is often a lonely life (aside your Pokémon), a survival in the wild.
    Every year a Pokémon tournament is held in Volmia, for which people from the entire region gather to watch or take part. The cash prizes that can be won, are the main reason why people try to devote their lives as a trainer, but rarely 'laymans' manage to grab one of the prizes too. In order to take part in the socalled RaoCup, one must have proven themselves by beating the six Grandmasters, six trainers chosen by the Raogan Pokémon Cup Association (RPCA) to represent the level that's needed to join.[a id]geo[/a id]
    Geography
    X5jrruf.png

Raoga is an island region located south of Hendo, marked orange in the world map above. The mainland is mainly covered in covered in grassland and forests with Mt. Rokk in the center. Aside those the terrain has some notable lakes, two deep forests and the Frosty Forest in the northeast, which is always covered in a thick layer of snow for unknown reasons. The civilization is centered in the west, but a few distant towns manage to cover themselves economically for the most part. Only two of the other islands are inhabited, although Zelma in the west doesn't act like one as it's connected by a bridge. Paloma is has very fertile ground thanks to the volcano and the beaches attract many tourists during the summer.[a id]map[/a id]
    Notable locations
    Spoiler: Sketch of the map, will be updated to a digitally drawn version sometime
    pSeyZVl.jpg

Coming soon.[a id]pkmn[/a id]
    Wildlife
    No region is complete without its set of Pokémon inhabiting it. Here's a list of Pokémon that are known to exist in Raoga, some of them are common and can be seen wherever you go and some are only known in mythology.

161.png
    162.png
    019.png
    020.png
    010.png
    011.png
    012.png
    013.png
    014.png
    015.png
    519.png
    520.png
    521.png
    021.png
    022.png
    406.png
    315.png
    407.png
    231.png
    232.png
    522.png
    523.png
    037.png
    038.png
    228.png
    229.png
    456.png
    457.png
    280.png
    281.png
    282.png
    475.png
    702.png
    535.png
    536.png
    537.png
    270.png
    271.png
    272.png
    453.png
    454.png
    041.png
    042.png
    169.png
    436.png
    437.png
    527.png
    528.png
    299.png
    476.png
    619.png
    620.png
    048.png
    049.png
    043.png
    044.png
    045.png
    182.png
    543.png
    544.png
    545.png
    595.png
    596.png
    177.png
    178.png
    198.png
    430.png
    285.png
    286.png
    170.png
    171.png
    278.png
    279.png
    223.png
    224.png
    320.png
    321.png
    027.png
    028.png
    627.png
    628.png
    203.png
    343.png
    344.png
    714.png
    715.png
    355.png
    356.png
    477.png
    607.png
    608.png
    609.png
    577.png
    578.png
    579.png
    128.png
    241.png
    111.png
    112.png
    464.png
    322.png
    323.png
    155.png
    156.png
    157.png
    220.png
    221.png
    473.png
    582.png
    583.png
    584.png
    102.png
    103.png
    352.png
    214.png
    359.png
    704.png
    705.png
    706.png
    599.png
    600.png
    601.png
    100.png
    101.png
    479.png
    447.png
    448.png
    172.png
    025.png
    026.png
    540.png
    541.png
    542.png
    190.png
    424.png
    058.png
    059.png
    252.png
    253.png
    254.png
    554.png
    555.png
    674.png
    675.png
    129.png
    130.png
    708.png
    709.png
    200.png
    429.png
    147.png
    148.png
    149.png
    206.png
    173.png
    035.png
    036.png
    116.png
    117.png
    230.png
    246.png
    247.png
    248.png
    201.png
    131.png
    707.png
    442.png
    144.png
    145.png
    146.png
    487.png
    251.png
    488.png
    [a id]legends[/a id]
    Legends
    Coming soon.[a id]join[/a id]
    Becoming a trainer
    Name:
    Profession/occupation:
    Starter Pokémon (+nickname and gender):
    Further details:
    Why not join the region as a trainer? This enables you to represent the Raoga region in global competitions and to join all regional competitions here. Additionally, maybe the most important, you can help shaping the region (and its history, inhabitants, mythology, etc.) how you want. All you have to do is filling in this simple form on the right.
    But wait, there's more! You chose one starter Pokémon, this can be any non-legendary basic Pokémon from the list. Each of your posts in this thread counts as five levels for this Pokémon and the Pokémon can be evolved if its level is equal or greater than its evolution level. Any Pokémon that evolves by other means than a level, can evolve in level 30. For each eight posts you make in this thread, you can add another Pokémon. Winning regional competitions can earn you a special Pokémon, a foreign, legendary or shiny one.[a id]trainer[/a id]
    Trainers
    Sysadmin Han (Lycanthropy)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer Gio (Etherion)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer Fletch (Rozureido)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer Sven (Guardian)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer Strider (Laguna)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer San (TheGreatDitto)​
    Spoiler:

Historian Revise (Revise Librarian)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer Kenny (LucarioFan3)​
    Spoiler:

Aspiring Trainer Ester Lavendere (Disclosed)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer Al (DyingWillFlareon)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer Kasey (Pancham Cutie)​
    Spoiler:

Maestro Jason (CatmanDaTrainer)​
    Spoiler:

PKMN Trainer Choice (Choice Quest)​
    Spoiler:
    [a id]links[/a id]
    Useful links
    Morning Chatters (Raoga's newspaper)

Issue #1 [Stress among the forest Pokémon]
    Issue #2 [Regional power outage fixed; Photo competition]
    Issue #3 [New Raogaian island discovered?; Voltorb appear native to Raoga]
    Issue #4 [Ancient jungle shrine discovered]
    Issue #5 [Mewtwo's coming!]

Politics

Message from Ceriah #1

Regional events and contests

An unknown island- Introduction
    An unknown island - Results

Other

Strider's diary

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Updates as of July 28th 2015
    -Added quick links
    -Added The region of Raoga
    -Added Becoming a trainer and Trainers
    -Trainer applications are opened!

I'm joining as a trainer myself too of course.

Name: Han
    Profession/occupation: Sysadmin
    Starter Pokémon:
    228.png

Further details: Han might look old, but he's still up to date regarding technology. His main hobbies are golfing and playing with his pet.

Last edited:

Etherion

Profession/occupation: Trainer
    Starter Pokémon: Litwik
    Description: He is an aspiring trainer, he wants to explore the region and catch as many Pokemon as he can. As an avid fan of mythology, he dreams of catching a Pokemon depicted in the legends.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Name: Gio
    Starter Pokémon: Litwik
    Description: He is an aspiring trainer, he wants to explore the region and catch as many Pokemon as he can. As an avid fan of mythology, he dreams of catching a Pokemon depicted in the legends.

o/

Name: Fletch
    Starter Pokémon: Budew
    Further details: Beginning trainer who has little understanding of how to be one. Wants to journey the region to better himself as a person

PKMN Trainer Gio and PKMN Trainer Fletch joined the region! Welcome!

If you want you can give a nickname and decide a gender for your Pokémon, but you can leave it undefined too.

Years
  • Name: Sven
    Profession: (Ace) Trainer
    Starter Pokemon: Larvitar
    Description: -will add later-

This is awesome, I only wish there was at least one of my favorite Pokemon, but oh well lol. Took me some time to precisely calculate what my Pokemon should be, and for now it's Larvitar. That is, before I get that Giratina and eventually Rayquaza, eh.

Etherion

Im just gonna call my starter Litwick, and its male. Umm, for emblem ideas, how about the thread icon (a signpost)?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Hey, I like Choice Quest so why not sign up? This will give me a chance to battle the Choice Quest trainer and totally kick their butt.

Name: Strider
    Profession/occupation: Pokémon Trainer
    Starter Pokémon: Cyndaquil (Female)
    Further details: On a journey to discover more about the world, this newbie trainer loves to make friends with both pokémon and people alike. However, he is very passionate and won't back down from a challenge.

...Is that good? I don't really do roleplay so I'm not used to this. I'll think of a name for Cyndaquil later.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Name: Sven
    Profession: (Ace) Trainer
    Starter Pokemon: Larvitar
    Description: -will add later-

This is awesome, I only wish there was at least one of my favorite Pokemon, but oh well lol. Took me some time to precisely calculate what my Pokemon should be, and for now it's Larvitar. That is, before I get that Giratina and eventually Rayquaza, eh.

PKMN Trainer Sven joined the region! But there's Cleffa! Who know if some of them will be added when Raoga wins a PokéDex expansion. I'm pretty sure Rayquaza won't however.

Im just gonna call my starter Litwick, and its male. Umm, for emblem ideas, how about the thread icon (a signpost)?

Not a bad idea, it is something notable for this. I was thinking in the direction of legends myself (but I still got to write that out), but might be easier. I'll see if I can get it working.

Hey, I like Choice Quest so why not sign up? This will give me a chance to battle the Choice Quest trainer and totally kick their butt.

Name: Strider
    Profession/occupation: Pokémon Trainer
    Starter Pokémon: Cyndaquil (Female)
    Further details: On a journey to discover more about the world, this newbie trainer loves to make friends with both pokémon and people alike. However, he is very passionate and won't back down from a challenge.

...Is that good? I don't really do roleplay so I'm not used to this. I'll think of a name for Cyndaquil later.

PKMN Trainer Strider joined the region! Don't worry, it isn't meant as a roleplay. Those details are sufficient to know what type of person it is for a bit.
    Also, I've added Choice to the trainer list, who has a slight headstart with a four Pokémon party.

I'd like my Budew to be nicknamed Antheia, she is of course a she!

I feel I could've guessed that, as your RP Budew was named Antheia.

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    Well it says each of the posts in this thread counts as five levels for a pokémon (does this extend just to your first pokémon or can we choose which it goes to, by the way?) so I'll assume Choice Quest posts don't count.

Also, my pokémon will now be known as Vivian the Cyndaquil-- er, Quilava.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Btw can you explain how the leveling up works. You count posts on this thread? or the Choice thread?

does this extend just to your first pokémon or can we choose which it goes to, by the way?

It's just the posts here that count. Each of the Pokémon gain the levels after the post in which you obtain it.. When you have twelve posts for example, your first Pokémon is level 60 (12×5) and your second Pokémon (gotten with post 8), is level 20 ((12-8)×5). I hope that makes it clear. :)

Years
  • It's just the posts here that count. Each of the Pokémon gain the levels after the post in which you obtain it.. When you have twelve posts for example, your first Pokémon is level 60 (12×5) and your second Pokémon (gotten with post 8), is level 20 ((12-8)×5). I hope that makes it clear. :)

Yeah it does, Im just not sure what to discuss in here lol

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Yeah it does, Im just not sure what to discuss in here lol

At the moment, not so much. There's an emblem design contest going on.
    Aside that, you can write a piece of history, a location or an important person or even just give a suggestion for something you want to see. Artworks are appreciated too. I'm always open for feedback.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Name: San
    Profession/occupation: CHAMPION of the region Pokémon Trainer
    Starter Pokémon: Riolu (male)
    Further details: On a journey to discover more about the world, this newbie trainer loves to capture and enslave pokemon and battle for being the best .

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Got it. Well, you should make this more visible. More people would probably join if they saw this :)

I don't know, what do you suggest? I've already put an announcement in the CQ thread and a link in my signature. The latter may not be most obviously placed, but I doubt it will have much effect, but I can see if I can get some banners. Or if anybody else wants to make them, they're free to do so.

Name: San
    Profession/occupation: CHAMPION of the region Pokémon Trainer
    Starter Pokémon: Riolu (male)
    Further details: On a journey to discover more about the world, this newbie trainer loves to capture and enslave pokemon and battle for being the best .

PKMN Trainer San joined the region! Welcome aboard, Ditto!

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    I would totally make some banners for you if I had any artistic talent, but I don't sadly. I'm still gonna support you all the way because you did a great job with this.

Back