• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Raoga region

Years
  • Aww... That's a shame, better luck next time.

Err... Sven? That's not how you send in an entry via PM! But whatever...

Also you're terribly predictable, picking Rayquaza.

I doubt we can get all other regions to follow your plans, but we'll see. Sounds like a decent plan at least (but you just had to make your signature team take part in it, didn't you?) Nice image by the way.

Ah my bad, well, if you put the contest in the first post so I didnt have to search the entire thread to find it every time maybe I wouldnt have missed the PM part lol. I slept for 2 hours that night, dont judge me >:L

As for the mewtwo, they clearly stated how we would deal with Mewtwo on that region, so I wrote what we'd do, its applicable to all regions, but not necessarily.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • An unknown island
    Raoga contest #1
    VFFy8D6.png
    The island
    After the island has been discovered, a big tumult went on in the entire region. Were the rumors true? Could it really be the region has more land mass than expected? Can you even trust your knowledge?
    Soon enough the questions got answered when an expedition was set sail to the coordinates where the island was supposed to be located. It was no lie, there was indeed an island there. Secrets were revealed and it became clear who ruled the mysterious place...
    Contest results
    If you're not sure what this is all about, you might want to check out this post. Due to a lack of inspiration most people suffered, only two entries, which can be found in the spoilers below, were sent in and there could only be one winner (because it fills up the last legendary slot in the PokéDex Raoga has). Only one winner, and that person is...
    Spoiler:

Congratulations! Your island will soon be added to the map and you receive your legendary Pokémon to your party. Do you want to give it a nickname?
    But a loss isn't a real loss in this case. With only two entries, I don't see a problem in adding a second island later as soon as there's room available.

Spoiler: Guardian's entry
    New Island Discovered

As soon a the new island was discovered and the rumor was spread, I went to the island. It wasnt really close but it wasn't a problem for my Gyarados. When we got there, we couldnt find it at first, even though we followed the instructions correctly, not until we realized it was well hidden behind a huge cloudy area that was barely noticeable at first. My Dragonair tried removing the mist with his weather controlling abilities but it wasnt able to. The island wasnt too big and here are the most important facts about, the ones I managed to figure out. First of all, the entire island is shaped like a letters "S", almost resembling a snake or a dragon. Why were we unable to remove the mist you might ask. The answer is that, even though my Dragonair is amongst the strongest ones, it couldnt compete with the entire group of Dragonairs scattered around the island that noticed our presence and intensely kept the mist together. Seems like they always do it to keep the island protected.What are they protecting? Probably the huge mountain on the island, cos a huge-ass snake dragon Pokemon, the ruler of the atmosphere, Rayquaza lived there. No wonder they wanted the island to be undisturbed, mainly cos a lot of rare Pokemon live there. Rayquaza could easily find a new resting place, but all these Pokemon having to move would probably find it rather annoying. Anyway, yeah, bunch of cool Pokemon, Dragonairs, Rayquaza etc live there. Oh and yeah, According to the old Unown written signs on the walls, the island is called Skyen. No idea who wrote it or for what purpose. Further exploration is needed. Hopefully the island will remain undisturbed nevertheless.

Spoiler: Disclosed's entry

Dearest Professor,​

I must take this time to sorrowfully inform you that mission was more or less a failure. We arrived safely, the weather and waters clear, but have returned empty-handed and later than expected. If you were to see our team now, you'd see we are a near-drowned, tossed-about mess, more equivalent to bedraggled vagabonds than a team of sophisticated fieldworkers. The story is a long one, how we arrived with confidence and returned days late, bitter tastes in our mouths, arms and legs dragging. But I'll try my best to scribble it all down for you. I apologize again for the quality of this retelling. All of our equipment fell victim to saltwater and we lost most artifacts in a terrible confrontation at sea. Other than a few photographs, everything was tossed overboard, and I couldn't feel more disappointed in myself or my crew. Thus, I offer endless apology.

But, the mission. It went well at first. In the ten days granted to us, we came across many a stunning discovery. The island itself was admittedly unwelcoming with its daunting rocky cliffs and utter steepness. It was small but thick with mist, especially in the jungle area towards the south of the smallish isle. However, us fieldworkers carried on with our climbing equipment and tools, fighting fearlessly through the environment to reach a goldmine of discoveries. Would you have guessed this island was once home to an ancient rain forest-dwelling tribe? The evidence is all there, ducked beneath the low-hanging vines and thick beds of moss and thorns. We concluded, based on the well-hidden ruins of stone, they worshiped a mythical being of the moon. Many of the structures held crescent moon engravings and our geologist cheerily confirmed they possessed real moonstone! Though only a few fragments were recovered. Among that was a gorgeous waterfall, so tall and mighty that is covered the entire area in its mist. Our researchers hypothesize something otherworldly causes its mist to spread over such an expansive space. And finally, we experienced a rarity: a ring of Cleffa, Clefairy and Clefable dancing at the top of the island's mightiest hill! The climb to reach the top at nightfall was rigorous but experiencing such an event was well worth it. Many pictures were taken, even a video of it all, but it was all unfortunately lost on the tenth day.

That final day, we loaded up our equipment, beaming with pride at all the glorious things we'd seen and took note of. This island of mystery was to be uncovered to all of Raoga, and we couldn't have been more pleased. However, as we set sail for a more familiar land, we nearly choked on thick clouds of spreading mist. It confirmed some mystical power drove it to spread, but it became so thick, progress could not be made. We lost direction and tried desperately with our tools to clear a path. Eventually, we found a solution: Todd's camera flash. The talented camera man eventually found us a lit path away from the mystery island and we continued as normal, but not for long. Then something extraordinary occurred. Not entirely bad; rare Pokemon sightings were always gleeful moments to the lot of us. However, no matter rare or not, an aggressive Pokemon is never a positive thing to encounter. This creature was much unlike those of the forests and mountainous cliffs. No, Ambipom did not have its marvelous curved beak, its moon-shaped crest. Gogoat's eyes did not flash so remarkably, revolved with rings that invoked raw majestic power. This Pokemon, unlike any familiar to us, emanated power. It glared at us with ferocity. The ethologist amongst us translated that we had trespassed on its territory, its hidden sanctuary far from human territories, lying sacred in the waves for only it and the Pokemon it wished to nurture and protect. Unfortunately, we were seen as enemies in its eyes and were targeted immediately. Of course, its telekinetic power overpowered us near-effortlessly. We hardly were given a chance to fight back. Some time later, we arose from sprawled positions on deck, completely disoriented and our efforts depleted. We were mercy to the unforgiving sea and wherever the ringed, lavender-backed Pokemon had thrown us. It took us a good three days to reach Raoga, we were so perplexed. That and utterly heartbroken. All our discoveries were for naught, as they lay in the fins of curious Water types now. We'd been trashed by a species we couldn't even identify.

Now that we've returned in one piece-- although just barely so-- my one request is we continue our escapade to uncover all that we can about this island. The guardian of said island is our biggest obstacle, as all other species are harmless and the environment can be handled with the right amount of perseverance and equipment. Many questions still trouble me, as well as the rest of the crew. What Pokemon had we been attacked by? What tribe used to inhabit the island it now viciously protects? Was that the Pokemon they used to idolize as a god of sorts...? As you can see, many inquiries still remain and we'd like to reach the bottom of it. I understand expenses have already paid on our behalf but, if you'd been as so kind, we request more. Not much Poke, but enough to pay for our ruined equipment and a heftier boat. Well-trained Pokemon as well; the only Pokemon capable of facing off against such a powerful Psychic type as that was a stubborn Pangoro, intended mostly for fieldwork. With your resources, these requests must seem meager. I assure you it will all be worth it in the end as well. With your support, we may accomplish anything, uncover any well-hidden secrets and amaze the Raoga populous! The secend time will be an overwhelming success, I, as well as the rest of us, can assure you.

Below are the photographs we managed to uncover after the confrontation. Just a few photographs, unfortunately, but hopefully enough to give an idea.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Again, we all thoroughly appreciate your efforts in making this research effort a reality.

~ Augustus Lavendere​

Years
  • Ah, Disclosed is a writer. Good job!

Im supposedly talented in many arts, but writing aint one of those. Good thing entries were anonymous, I wouldnt have even bothered trying if I knew what Im competing against lol.

Gj ^^

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Wow ! A winner is me !

pls guardian self-esteem is good for you

But foggy island is canon now! Hooray!

Cresselia's a cool Poke', if not a little OP for an "Aspiring Trainer". But I won't give it a nickname this time around.

LucarioFan3

Needs A New Username lol
    Years
  • I'm back after quite some time. Anyways, nice to see some new Pokémon added to the Dex during my absence.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019

I was considering changing my name but Disclosed works for me. I take it name-changing's a special event? And speaking of special event, what about that roleplaying tournament...?

What should we name the foggy island?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    We should name the foggy island Fog Island because I'm original.

Also it's time for me to get a new pokémon, so I pick Absol. I'll think of a nickname and/or write up about it later.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • So for some reason I wanted to make this now, so instead of writing stuff for Mewtwo's event, I made the logo of Team Zeta, Raoga's regional criminal organization. (Writing for the event is upcoming too.)

FXAr65H.png

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Defense against the clone army #1
    Clearing from clones
    "Shira, that Caterpie! Use Dragon Rush!"

For a moment, half a second, maybe even less, the Dragonite was questioning Charissa's sanity. Then she remembered the Grandmaster had never time for jokes and of all people she would be the less likely to lose her mind. Her amazing mental powers would never allow that. Shira was jealous on the mind of hers and her psychic Pokémon and she wouldn't be able to live with it if she wasn't stronger and more beautiful, nobody was match for her marvelous scales.

The same mental powers had assisted Charissa locating many clones over the last couple of days. While she isn't able to actually read other's thoughts, which is a common misconception people have, she can feel the upper emotions and intentions. Mewtwo's clones all have a dark mind and only lunge for power and destruction. Even those that had the job to stay undiscovered and spy on their victims seem to impatiently wait for orders to strike.

Now a normal Caterpie has a simple mind. They live to eat leaves and sleep, trying to collect enough energy to make a cocoon for evolution, ultimately evolving into Butterfree. This Caterpie's was calm, but still cautious as if it hid something, and seemed trying to absorb as much information about the surroundings and the behavior of those in it as possible. It was obviously one of the clones, but there was something fishy about this Pokémon. A Caterpie's mind couldn't be as complicated as this Pokémon's.

When Shira hit her target with her attack, it broke the Illusion that hid its true identity. Now his camouflage has faded, the Zoroark didn't see any need to hold back any longer and hit back with a Night Daze attack.

It was like the the each tree consisted out of two and everything seemed hazy. When Shira looked down to her own feet, of which she was certain they stood solid on the fresh jungle soil, they seemed to shift sidewards and back. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, a concentration technique she managed to get the hang of thanks to Charissa. While meditation was more something for those boring psychic types, the basics can easily come in handy.
    She opened her eyes again and ran straight into the illusion Pokémon with another Dragon Rush to finish it.

"Good job, girl! You did it perfectly." Charissa spoke behind Shira, her voice as dreamy as always. They hadn't encountered any clone troops yet, only Pokémon which she expected to be scouts. Hopefully the other Grandmasters were equally lucky.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Defense against the clone army #2
    Tunneling
    Like his everyday morning Fuzzy had woken up slowly and napped for another twenty minutes before getting up. He had taken a regular breakfast, which consisted mostly of berries, with his wife and four children. After breakfast he had planned to go outside to collect food and hear the latest news and gossip. He wondered if more was known about Jonathan's plans of travelling to the other side of the region on the back of a Noivern.

Fuzzy wasn't able to fulfill his plan. The corridor to the hall had collapsed! It was unbelievable, he had dug it with his own paws, just as the rest of its burrow. It was true craftsmanship, which occasionally raised jealousy by other Furret and he was sometimes even requested to lend his skills or insights. This couldn't be a natural breakdown.

He dug out where the path once lie, he could exactly remember how to connect it, instead of digging through soil, he ended in a tunnel. The tunnel was so big even a Zebstrika could walk straight up through it without having to watch out for hitting its head. Three Sandslash and two Pokémon he was told to be Excadrill later, were digging through his territory. It wasn't only his house, but the entire field suffered from the tunneling.

Fuzzy was forced to exit his home by one of the many hidden exits he made for emergencies like this. He looked around for Mina the Ninetales, who was the wisest Pokémon of the area. No much effort was needed as a crowd has gathered itself already. Apparently these strangers were clones lead by the evil Pokémon Mewtwo. Looking at the direction the tunnel was going, it was probably designed to be a way the clones could enter the capital city unnoted by the humans. But they wouldn't if it was up to him. He wouldn't sacrifice his home and those of his family and friends. They gathered as many volunteering Pokémon as they could to enter the tunnel and stop the vandals. For Raoga!

As they marched towards the tunnel in order to get rid of the intruders, he felt they did well and expected any Pokémon to do the same in his situation. Mewtwo has made a wrong decision to touch Raoga and shall feel some regret!

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Defense against the clone army #3
    Not as lazy as they seem
    The sun was setting on the Raogan countryside. In the twilight a big manor, which looks more like a castle than a house, has a look even more scary than normally. On the third floor, the owner of said house stared to the trees below through the seven foot high window of his office. After a few minutes of silence the man, Valdir was his name, was called from his dreams, back to the normal world, by the man who sat in his visitor's chair.

"Sir?"

Valdir straightened his hat and started to speak. "You know what's going on here, don't you? Not only here, it's taking place in the entire world." Before awaiting an answer, he continued. "We can't permit our land being taken by this intruder. Who does he think he is? He may have gathered an army very quickly, but we're not mad! We won't leave our home. There's nowhere we could go anyway if Mewtwo appropriates every piece of land he can find. Hell, he would even take the bottom of the sea too if he could!"

"Yes, I know. But why aren't we doing anything? People are just sitting here. Shouldn't we march to his camp and slam his mind out of his head?"

"We can't simply invade Yōko on our own. You're underestimating our opponent." Valdir replied and finally turned around to look his companion in the eyes. "But don't think we're just sitting still here, my friend. We are building up an army, but it's not all happening here. Most of the powers are from Ceriah, their army is much bigger and a lot more advanced than ours. I've sent my apprentice, Julian, who I'm sure you know along. He will lead the force."

"Why him?" He didn't knew Julian very well, but he thought Julian was very inexperienced on that part. "Has he departed yet?"

"Me and the other Grandmasters won't sit still either, don't think we would dare to. Raoga is a big region and we have to watch it and prevent an assault on our homes, this includes the protection of the areas uncivilized by humans. We have to wander around the region by ourselves without any companion besides our own Pokémon. A loss wouldn't be allowed.
    Julian can excellently use this way to extend his battle experience, it's ideal! He can participate battles in a completely different style and atmosphere. The Cerian armies have focused themselves in dark type Pokémon to gain the maximal advantage against out opponent. Julian has always claimed to be a dark type expert, he finally has a chance to prove himself. Don't worry, he's not the only Raogan sent there. I've made sure he'll be accompanied by a pack of Houndoom from the family I've raised myself."

The man mumbled a few words, to which Valdir replied shortly: "What is it? Are you worried?" Valdir paused shortly for the dramatic effect. "Or jealous perhaps?"

"Oh no, not me." The man stood up and left the room. "Like I want to."

The man grumbled some more until he left the room and Valdir could only pick up the words "dangerous" and "kinda cool".

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Those who have read the two deleted posts above know we had an issue going on about one of the posts regarding Raoga's defense. We only needed a few PMs sent to each other to find out we were both misinterpreting each other and awaiting a move that wasn't going to happen. After it was clear it was a simple miscommunication, we can announce everything has been resolved and the story has been edited to satisfy the both of us.

Managrimm and Lycanthropy

Lycanthropy

Years
  • So the region just dropped down the bottom of the page. Posting this to let you know, I'm still alive and still have plans with Raoga, which happen soon, once the event at Pokémon Trivia is over... is what I wanted to say. However, exams prevent for some more time, so in the meanwhile please enjoy this image explaining how Raogan fishing rods commonly work.

jYrUaL9.png

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Name: Jason
    Profession/occupation: Maestro
    Starter Pokémon (+nickname and gender): Yusei (Riolu♂)
    Further details: (Oh gosh, this is gonna be so corny...) Jason is an aspiring trainer who is highly interested in myth. He enjoys playing and listening to music, namely the cello.

So, do I just PM you if I have any stories/etc. Lycan?

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Name: Jason
    Profession/occupation: Maestro
    Starter Pokémon (+nickname and gender): Yusei (Riolu♂)
    Further details: (Oh gosh, this is gonna be so corny...) Jason is an aspiring trainer who is highly interested in myth. He enjoys playing and listening to music, namely the cello.

So, do I just PM you if I have any stories/etc. Lycan?

Wow, you just got on a streak reviving some old threads of mine. :P Anyway, welcome to Raoga, Jason! I'm afraid there hasn't been happening a lot on this thread lately, as my main focus lies with Choice Quest itself. I still planned to bring it back whenever, but was kinda clueless how. So yeah, if you have something to share, feel free to post it right here in the thread! Who knows what may flow from it?

Back