• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Raoga region

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
  • Yeah, there's still the level 100 cap, it wouldn't make any sense if that just disappeared (although there is not much use of the levels aside evolution). Also, your teams are updated.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Mewtwo's coming!
    By Orianna Ficial

Pokémon on first glance, but be cautious! The clones are stronger than normal Pokémon and have an aggressive nature. It is advised one should check a Pokémon before approaching it. When the Pokémon in question isn't even known to naturally live in Raoga, the odds you've just encountered a rare Pokémon are low. Instead turn around and run away, but make sure you don't reveal yourself if you don't have to.
    The Grandmasters were given the mission to find out the clone's numbers and weaknesses in order to defend our homes. We've asked Charissa, a Grandmaster from Lornami town, for her opinion on the case.
    "I felt the psychic radiance, even before the red-eyed Pokémon were reported. The air felt, and still feels, full of strong energy, not possibly caused by something other than a legendary Pokémon." says Charissa. "My biggest fear was apparently true, we can't say where this Mewtwo comes from, it must have been created in a laboratory. I dare to say it wasn't here in Raoga, our capabilities don't allow such a big project.
    Mewtwo's primary focus seems to be on Yōko, we don't know why, but it could be a random pick as well. We can speak ourselves lucky we're not being invaded in a similar way yet, the small amount of clones is probably just here for scouting purposes. We're being watched."
    Volmia- Yesterday an Altaria delivered a letter to Queen Carmen, the sender being Queen Lynn of Yōko. It reported what we all feared, the tragic events that possessed Pokémon throughout entire Raoga, the entire world even, hasn't been cleared. We now know the cause of the berserk Pokémon at the time: the legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, a superclone of Mew, who is said to possess the DNA of all Pokémon in existence. Mewtwo's psychic powers emitted waves through the world which stimulated the parts of the brain that causes anger and aggression, while suppressing the parts for logically thinking, making them mindless rampaging monsters.
    At this moment, even Mewtwo's location is known: the region of Yōko. It's causing havoc not just by itself, but has an entire army of clone Pokémon, of which a few have been seen in Raoga too, but not even nearly as much as in Yōko. These clones have the traits of a regular Pokémon, but on a closer inspection they can be distinguished from a regular Pokémon. Clone Pokémon are slightly bigger on average than the normal Pokémon and have a darker color. They often show exaggerated traits, depending on the Pokémon. For example a clone Raticate's ears have a base shape that's pointy instead of round and its big frontal teeth are triangles instead of trapeziums.
    The clones may look like a regular

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    (8)
    Went back and labeled all my post for efficiency. This is Post #8 so Linus is now Lv. 40.
    And that also means I can choose another Pokemon! In that case, I'll take Goomyyyy

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    So I'm looking over your rules for trainers right now. It says you earn another Pokemon after eight posts. I'm assuming this means you earn one every eighth post after that as well?

Laguna

Sir Zangoose
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 31, 2016
    So I'm looking over your rules for trainers right now. It says you earn another Pokemon after eight posts. I'm assuming this means you earn one every eighth post after that as well?

Yup, that's pretty much how it works.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • ^ Yup.

(8)
    Went back and labeled all my post for efficiency. This is Post #8 so Linus is now Lv. 40.
    And that also means I can choose another Pokemon! In that case, I'll take Goomyyyy

As you haven't specified a name and gender, I took the liberty to add a female Goomy named Goomyyy, but that's probably not what you had in mind, was it?

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Are the Pokemon you earn on here used directly in events (like for example being used in a Pokemon Showdown tournament) or are they mostly just trophies you can collect?

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Are the Pokemon you earn on here used directly in events (like for example being used in a Pokemon Showdown tournament) or are they mostly just trophies you can collect?

They're mostly trophies, otherwise it would give an unfair advantage in battles to people who don't have a party of six Pokémon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    They're mostly trophies, otherwise it would give an unfair advantage in battles to people who don't have a party of six Pokémon.

Hmm, you could always make the battles 3V3 or have some other custom rules depending on who you expect to participate. Obviously someone who just joined will always be at a disadvantage until they catch up, but getting a party of three Pokemon doesn't seem too hard in this system.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    As you haven't specified a name and gender, I took the liberty to add a female Goomy named Goomyyy, but that's probably not what you had in mind, was it?

well someone's a sassy one

I forgot. She'll be female, name her Dorothy. That's a name.

Lycanthropy

Years
  • Hmm, you could always make the battles 3V3 or have some other custom rules depending on who you expect to participate. Obviously someone who just joined will always be at a disadvantage until they catch up, but getting a party of three Pokemon doesn't seem too hard in this system.

Yeah, I've thought about that too, but I still don't feel like to force people to pick battleworthy Pokémon. If somebody wants to have a Magikarp in their party, it's not up to me to prevent them from doing so. People could still freely pick their party Pokémon for battle anyway, I would even encourage it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    Yeah, I've thought about that too, but I still don't feel like to force people to pick battleworthy Pokémon. If somebody wants to have a Magikarp in their party, it's not up to me to prevent them from doing so. People could still freely pick their party Pokémon for battle anyway, I would even encourage it.

Makes sense since Raoga's whole theme is "Pokemon trainers here are super casual."

I do find it kind of weird the way the system causes you to have one high level Pokemon before you get a second low level one, since it's usually more "even" with you having a few low level Pokemon and getting more around your level as you go. It's not a huge deal if there's not really any effect though, I spose..

So once you have two Pokemon do they both gain five levels per post or do you pick one or the other?

Years
  • Makes sense since Raoga's whole theme is "Pokemon trainers here are super casual."

I do find it kind of weird the way the system causes you to have one high level Pokemon before you get a second low level one, since it's usually more "even" with you having a few low level Pokemon and getting more around your level as you go. It's not a huge deal if there's not really any effect though, I spose..

So once you have two Pokemon do they both gain five levels per post or do you pick one or the other?

You can find all the answers to your Q's in the first post bro.

Years
  • New Island Discovered

As soon a the new island was discovered and the rumor was spread, I went to the island. It wasnt really close but it wasn't a problem for my Gyarados. When we got there, we couldnt find it at first, even though we followed the instructions correctly, not until we realized it was well hidden behind a huge cloudy area that was barely noticeable at first. My Dragonair tried removing the mist with his weather controlling abilities but it wasnt able to. The island wasnt too big and here are the most important facts about, the ones I managed to figure out. First of all, the entire island is shaped like a letters "S", almost resembling a snake or a dragon. Why were we unable to remove the mist you might ask. The answer is that, even though my Dragonair is amongst the strongest ones, it couldnt compete with the entire group of Dragonairs scattered around the island that noticed our presence and intensely kept the mist together. Seems like they always do it to keep the island protected.What are they protecting? Probably the huge mountain on the island, cos a huge-ass snake dragon Pokemon, the ruler of the atmosphere, Rayquaza lived there. No wonder they wanted the island to be undisturbed, mainly cos a lot of rare Pokemon live there. Rayquaza could easily find a new resting place, but all these Pokemon having to move would probably find it rather annoying. Anyway, yeah, bunch of cool Pokemon, Dragonairs, Rayquaza etc live there. Oh and yeah, According to the old Unown written signs on the walls, the island is called Skyen. No idea who wrote it or for what purpose. Further exploration is needed. Hopefully the island will remain undisturbed nevertheless.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2017
    You can find all the answers to your Q's in the first post bro.

I see "Each of your posts in this thread counts as five levels for this Pokémon and the Pokémon can be evolved if its level is equal or greater than its evolution level" but don't see anything further specifying the answer to my question. I would think that it would mean one Pokemon or the other, but looking at some people's posts it seems like it's being applied globally.

Years
  • Han I made the entry for the Mewtwo thing on the Event thread. If you're going to make a newspaper article about it, you can add this picture and say that a group of Xatus managed to see one of the futures, the one where we decided to follow our plans, and with the help of mind reading and memory regenerating, Gardevoir managed to show it to Smeargles and some other Pokemon that then managed to make a sketch of what Xatus saw. Xatus managed to see only few glances of that specific future and it clearly shows Mewtwo being put under control no longer resisting, with a shadow that seems to resemble a Gardevoir trying to help him and heal him. Also psychic pokemon defending Dragonairs etc etc. The huge pillar looking thing is actually the pressure pointed area. It looks like that cos its most vapor cos of the heated air and additional pressure caused by Dragonair. Its extremely warm and hard to move within. etc etc.

k I cant upload this so Ill just attach it.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

Years
  • EDIT: I'm a liar. I couldn't think of anything because I've been somewhat sick and so tired that I can't think of anything before the deadline.

Aww... That's a shame, better luck next time.

New Island Discovered

As soon a the new island was discovered and the rumor was spread, I went to the island. It wasnt really close but it wasn't a problem for my Gyarados. When we got there, we couldnt find it at first, even though we followed the instructions correctly, not until we realized it was well hidden behind a huge cloudy area that was barely noticeable at first. My Dragonair tried removing the mist with his weather controlling abilities but it wasnt able to. The island wasnt too big and here are the most important facts about, the ones I managed to figure out. First of all, the entire island is shaped like a letters "S", almost resembling a snake or a dragon. Why were we unable to remove the mist you might ask. The answer is that, even though my Dragonair is amongst the strongest ones, it couldnt compete with the entire group of Dragonairs scattered around the island that noticed our presence and intensely kept the mist together. Seems like they always do it to keep the island protected.What are they protecting? Probably the huge mountain on the island, cos a huge-ass snake dragon Pokemon, the ruler of the atmosphere, Rayquaza lived there. No wonder they wanted the island to be undisturbed, mainly cos a lot of rare Pokemon live there. Rayquaza could easily find a new resting place, but all these Pokemon having to move would probably find it rather annoying. Anyway, yeah, bunch of cool Pokemon, Dragonairs, Rayquaza etc live there. Oh and yeah, According to the old Unown written signs on the walls, the island is called Skyen. No idea who wrote it or for what purpose. Further exploration is needed. Hopefully the island will remain undisturbed nevertheless.

Err... Sven? That's not how you send in an entry via PM! But whatever...

Also you're terribly predictable, picking Rayquaza.

Han I made the entry for the Mewtwo thing on the Event thread. If you're going to make a newspaper article about it, you can add this picture and say that a group of Xatus managed to see one of the futures, the one where we decided to follow our plans, and with the help of mind reading and memory regenerating, Gardevoir managed to show it to Smeargles and some other Pokemon that then managed to make a sketch of what Xatus saw. Xatus managed to see only few glances of that specific future and it clearly shows Mewtwo being put under control no longer resisting, with a shadow that seems to resemble a Gardevoir trying to help him and heal him. Also psychic pokemon defending Dragonairs etc etc. The huge pillar looking thing is actually the pressure pointed area. It looks like that cos its most vapor cos of the heated air and additional pressure caused by Dragonair. Its extremely warm and hard to move within. etc etc.

k I cant upload this so Ill just attach it.

I doubt we can get all other regions to follow your plans, but we'll see. Sounds like a decent plan at least (but you just had to make your signature team take part in it, didn't you?) Nice image by the way.

Back