• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

turn it off and on again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Screen Tearing for sure. I'd rather have a smaller Twitter here and there then deal with input lag causing me to lose over and over again because the bosses hitbox was altered 2 seconds earlier then the screen showed mr.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Screen Tearing for sure. I'd rather have a smaller Twitter here and there then deal with input lag causing me to lose over and over again because the bosses hitbox was altered 2 seconds earlier then the screen showed mr.

Screen tearing gives me headaches though. It's way too visually jarring especially when panning quickly. That's why I like Fast Sync being a thing.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Sure,technology evolves for that reason, to eliminate issues. If we were talking about a hypothetical no solution ever scenario, screen tearing is the lesser of two evils in the end.

Meanwhile in Android land, Ι hope to god the EU K10 gets Marshmallow. Both the T-Mobile/Sprint variation along with the K430DSY for Asia have Marshmallow out of the box, and I'm sitting here with Lollipop. Even the LG Stylus 2 which is the same phone but with a bigger display and a stylus has the Marshmallow update. But yeah, out of the box Marshmallow for 2/3 of the work bar Europe is some bullshit. Totally unacceptable if it never comes, considering how it already exists. I mean, I bought the phone knowing that it comes with Lollipop, and it's a fairly recent phone only a month on the market, but that month should have been enough or them to give us a room that already exists. And LG has a pretty big branch here in Greece, much like Sony.

Last edited:

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • My brother is waiting for his Samsung Galaxy S5 for marshmallow Update, for sure he will be very hyped for this update but he waited for quite a long time to get the update, until now.

Anyways, the not so old S5 is kinda thin comparing to S6 and S7. My brother loves medium size phone like 5 inch S5. It still run smoothly and supports fast charging. The thing is I rarely see people using S5 over here but S6 and S7 are even more popular as well as A7 and A5.

Into another topic, I found out that my laptop processor does not need high CPU speed to run games smoothly. At most of the time, the fps seemed to retain at average 45 in the Wicther 3. As I tune into high performance, the fps is still retained the same with 3.13 Ghz of Core i5-6300HQ. Besides, the cpu usage does not affect much with maximum speed and average speed of cpu.

This concludes that good processor does not actually needs much power to run the games smoothly

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Sure,technology evolves for that reason, to eliminate issues. If we were talking about a hypothetical no solution ever scenario, screen tearing is the lesser of two evils in the end.

Personally, I think latency is the lesser of two evils. Then again, I'm single-player focused, and even among the multiplayer stuff I do play, they're not as twitchy as CS:GO or the like.

Especially since visible screen tearing detracts heavily from the experience and may induce headaches...

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Obviously screen tearing is a big headache for me too, not just affecting the smoothness of the graphic motion, it also affects the eye sight too. So, vertical sync is introduced to cope that issue, but it does not do any much about it. But recently technology become better by using triple buffered sync or G-sync by nvidia.

Years
  • Oh Windows, why have you many flaws?

I shouldn't have to restart explorer.exe every few days to open my start menu :|

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    What doesn't get corrupt on Windows installs over time, though?

A lot, if your software configuration pretty much never changes and there's nothing wrong with the hardware.

Though I guess it does say something if things eventually wedge.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Anyone heard of Earthtek? I really should get going and get my fan replaced before my laptop crashes again. It seems like I have two options, stock and the mentioned brand. Both say they fit, but there are models that are listed with reviews saying they don't fit. Laptop is way out of warranty. Well its probably the fan. It sounds like a ceiling fan, spinning, kinda sounds like its lightly touching something. And my laptop vibrates.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Anyone heard of Earthtek? I really should get going and get my fan replaced before my laptop crashes again. It seems like I have two options, stock and the mentioned brand. Both say they fit, but there are models that are listed with reviews saying they don't fit. Laptop is way out of warranty. Well its probably the fan. It sounds like a ceiling fan, spinning, kinda sounds like its lightly touching something. And my laptop vibrates.

How old is the laptop? At some point it's probably better off stop trying to Band-Aid things.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • How old is the laptop? At some point it's probably better off stop trying to Band-Aid things.

I know, its about.. I can't remember, pretty sure I had it in Highschool so it's at-least 4-6 years old. I would buy a new laptop totally if I could afford it, but I can't. Not to mention my brothers would love to have it when I get a new one. A fans only $20 if I DIY, though unsure if I'll do it because it seems complicated. Just want to know if anyone thinks buying the alternative is better then stock, stock has already failed me twice it seems thoughout the years.

Years
  • Hey everyone, it's time to go on ahead and let this thread wrap up. We've got something big coming up really soon, so stay on the lookout for that! :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back