• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Victini, Zekrom and Reshiram Discussion Thread

Who's more epic?

• Zekrom

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 56 33.1%
  • can't decide

Votes: 17 10.1%
  • Victini

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

crimsonstorm

The Original Crimson
Years
    • WV
    • Seen Jun 3, 2011
    I'm disappointed in the legends to be honest. There's too many dragons already. It seems like the legends are just getting recycled. I hoping the other gen 5 pokes are better.

Bloothump

the Sea Fungi Pokemon.
    Years
  • Also, am I the only one who feels like these pokemon don't even FEEL like pokemon anymore? They look fugly to me.

Digimon-BlackWarGreymon.jpg

Also, a STRIKING resemblance to digimon. These new legendaries make me a sad panda.

Uhhh, no. The body physique is quite different. They're both big, both dark, and both in two legs but other than that... Zekrom isn't wearing armor, and he's only one color, not 3. He has one horn, not three. His eyes are more complex. No hair. He's actually pretty organic looking, except for the tail, in my opiniom.

billi1000

The Ruler of Darkness - Zekrom
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2014
    @ .Gamer, well ur right there is a resemblance between these legendaries and digimon and even some YuGiOh! characters as well, but lets not over kill these legendaries, to be honest they resemble previous pokemon (mostly palkia) much more than they do to non-pokemon characters. If we have to imply this to every pokemon sprite, you would find many resemblances (like pikachu and patamon, like come on, these 2 look almost identical) so i guess lets just wait for more footage and images, its going to take more than a 1 single image of a pokemon to impress anybody.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Digimon-BlackWarGreymon.jpg

Also, a STRIKING resemblance to digimon. These new legendaries make me a sad panda.

On a scale of Pokemon 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 digimon, they rank 2-4. And the particular digimon you chose to post just showed that even more. It's way more detailed and... bionic than them.

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • Something i just thought of... These legendarys make me 101% sure that theyr will be something about planes, you might even have to get the Legendarys somewhere in the sky...? I mean look at them Reshiram has wings that look like plane winngs (the akward position atleast) and Zekrom has a turbine for a tail. Go ahead and say "no way, Sherlok!" if you like, but this is something pretty huge, for me atleast!

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Something i just thought of... These legendarys make me 101% sure that theyr will be something about planes, you might even have to get the Legendarys somewhere in the sky...? I mean look at them Reshiram has wings that look like plane winngs (the akward position atleast) and Zekrom has a turbine for a tail. Go ahead and say "no way, Sherlok!" if you like, but this is something pretty huge, for me atleast!

You know what that is what ran by my mind awhile back too. Maybe it was made like that by coincidence or it has something to do with the story I suppose. I wonder if they will be able to fly though..Reshiram looks like it possibly could...Zekrom..not so much.

Spoiler:

Honestly, if Zekrom and Reshima are fugly...then how do you describe this guy? :laugh:

The body structure is completey different and neither of them have those big ugly dino feet either. yes they may resemble digimon in a way..or at least look like they should be digimon, but if anything they (say Zekrom) bare no resemblance to this. If anything they seem to resemble a few other pokemon rather than Digimon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • More dragon legendaries? I am underwhelmed by this news. They don't look particularly dragon-like to me.

I have the tiniest sliver of hope that this is misinformation or a mistranslation. I like them slightly less now. Ah, well, there's more to the games than the legendaries.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I expected them to be dragon, they might be Dragon/psychic(or light if it's made) and Dragon/dark!... the legendaries seem to be one sided again...like Kyogre beats Groudon,Palkia can't beat Dialga...type wise only.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    I expected them to be dragon, they might be Dragon/psychic(or light if it's made) and Dragon/dark!... the legendaries seem to be one sided again...like Kyogre beats Groudon,Palkia can't beat Dialga...type wise only.

I don't think they will be one-sided unless Reshiram is like psychic/dragon and Zekrom is dark/dragon. If Reshiram is say a new type light/dragon then light&dark could both be SE against one another.

and Palkia can so beat Dialga (well at least my 3) :D.

Years
  • I actually like these two, which is surprising to me since I wasn't to impressed with the starters. I like their designs. Some say that they look too much like Digimon, but I disagree. Overall I like these two.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
  • agumon.jpg
    vs
    charmander.jpg

Yeah... the argument that Pokemon are starting to look like Digimon is fairly weak, since (no offence to the Digimon's fandom) Digimon came after Pokemon and pretty much used the same premise. I think what Pokemon is doing is simply trying to move away from the idea that they are kiddie games and appeal to a wider audience, particularly those who never gave Pokemon a chance.

Rumi

Bottlecap Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2010
    I personally love the legendaries! I'm probably getting Black, which is good, since I quite like Reshiram's design--a bit more than Zekrom's. They have this kinda epic feel I can't explain. This made me even more excited!

Rain

Years
  • I really like both of the new legendaries. :) I'm still not too sure as to which one I like more.
    I just wish they weren't part dragon type.
    But then again, it's not like I'm going to use them once I've caught them, so it's all good.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Spoiler:

Hmm, true I agree..and honestly if the legendaries are this awesome, and if they're really trying to appeal to an older audience at the same time too then I expect the other gen 5 pokemon to be awesome.

Ayselipera

I find Reshiram interesting, but Zekrom seems to be a bit of over kill. All I see is a bunch of dismembered parts of other Pokemon thrown together and painted black. At this point Black Version is looking a little more appealing. Although it still is a bit to early for that.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Pretty much was I was expecting.
    A demonic and angel like legendary duo.
    I don't like the white one. But it will grow on me like Palkia and Dialga.

Back