• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: VPP Community DCC - Ask questions & chat!

Days
  • Seen today
This might be a silly question, but do any posts not "count" toward the VPP post count? I can't see anything saying so in the rules. But I've been on forum websites that had points rewards for posts, that would, for example, specifically exclude Forum Games.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
If possible, could a mod move this post: https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/rekoils-vpp-stats-thread.449487/#post-10348389
to down below this post: https://www.pokecommunity.com/threads/rekoils-vpp-stats-thread.449487/#post-10351179
Further down the page is fine too, I've just been reorganizing and spreading out my VPP stats and that post by pokemon fan person is just sort of smack in the middle of my stats now =P
Done. Used a roundabout method: make a post, merge the two posts, then change the author. Presumably suffices. Could ask an administrator to change the date instead, if you prefer.
This might be a silly question, but do any posts not "count" toward the VPP post count? I can't see anything saying so in the rules. But I've been on forum websites that had points rewards for posts, that would, for example, specifically exclude Forum Games.
Frequented a forum like that too, several years ago. Knows what you mean. Increments your post count normally on all subforums, including Forum Games, Pokemon Trivia, archived subforums, and even moderator-only subforums. Will not count deleted posts and profile posts, however.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
I've finished my half of Alpha Froslass btw =3
Finished Alpha Froslass. Do you want to continue tag-teaming and move onto to Alpha Electivire? Saves Alpha Machamp for the next season. Could grab an Alpha in season for a different Noble too.

Also, who is going to be the sixth? Plans Weavile, Gallade, Froslass, Electivire, and Machamp at present. Chooses between Chimecho, Gardevoir, Mamoswine, Abomasnow, Lucario, and Garchomp (and a few not-fully-evolved Pokemon from these lines). Perhaps do the sixth solo? Hates to raise a Pokemon that one side does not really need.

Years
Finished Alpha Froslass. Do you want to continue tag-teaming and move onto to Alpha Electivire? Saves Alpha Machamp for the next season. Could grab an Alpha in season for a different Noble too.

Also, who is going to be the sixth? Plans Weavile, Gallade, Froslass, Electivire, and Machamp at present. Chooses between Chimecho, Gardevoir, Mamoswine, Abomasnow, Lucario, and Garchomp (and a few not-fully-evolved Pokemon from these lines). Perhaps do the sixth solo? Hates to raise a Pokemon that one side does not really need.

I do not have Chimecho yet and I would not be opposed to raising a Gardevoir.
Iirc you do not have Lucario though. Looking at the lists of Pokemon required for the Champion Teams Challenges, it seems I'm going to need another Lucario.
There's also 2 Garchomp needed for the Champion teams and I got only 1 atm. So I actually need another one of those too.
Seasonal wise Chimecho, Gardevoir & Lucario would be better. If you still don't have Lucario, that might be our best pick for a 6th.

Though Lucario will still be in season next season, so we could also grab something for a different Noble that won't be in season anytime soon once the current season ends.

We've already got two Alphas for Lilligant, could ride out the season raising Lickilicky or Ursaring/Ursaluna, but we could raise Ursaluna as a seasonal Ground type next season as well.

Could also go for an Alpha Bibarel or Alpha Stantler/Wyrdeer from Noble Kleavor's list.

I think Lickilicky, Bibarel or Stantler/Wyrdeer are probably our best options, taking the next seasons seasonals into consideration?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Iirc you do not have Lucario though. Looking at the lists of Pokemon required for the Champion Teams Challenges, it seems I'm going to need another Lucario.
There's also 2 Garchomp needed for the Champion teams and I got only 1 atm. So I actually need another one of those too.
Seasonal wise Chimecho, Gardevoir & Lucario would be better. If you still don't have Lucario, that might be our best pick for a 6th.

Though Lucario will still be in season next season, so we could also grab something for a different Noble that won't be in season anytime soon once the current season ends.

We've already got two Alphas for Lilligant, could ride out the season raising Lickilicky or Ursaring/Ursaluna, but we could raise Ursaluna as a seasonal Ground type next season as well.

Could also go for an Alpha Bibarel or Alpha Stantler/Wyrdeer from Noble Kleavor's list.

I think Lickilicky, Bibarel or Stantler/Wyrdeer are probably our best options, taking the next seasons seasonals into consideration?
Goes with Lucario for the sixth, then.

Probably makes more sense to pick an Alpha for a Noble with progress already. Picks Bibarel, in that case. Will post in the Obtain thread shortly.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now

Finished half of the Alpha Bibarel. Looks like you have too.

Is up for another tag-team, if you are. Any preference between Alpha Machamp and Alpha Lucario (or something else)?

Years
Finished half of the Alpha Bibarel. Looks like you have too.

Is up for another tag-team, if you are. Any preference between Alpha Machamp and Alpha Lucario (or something else)?

Leaning towards Alpha Machamp first simply due to not having one. Could do Alpha Lucario and/or Alpha Ursaluna after that ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Sure. I assume we do normal Ursaluna as Bloodmoon wouldn't be eligible for the Noble ?
Good question. Says nothing about different forms. Allows Sneasel for Noble Avalugg, with no mention of Sneasel being Hisuian. Probably could. Do you want to do Bloodmoon form? (Indifferent, personally.)

Years
Good question. Says nothing about different forms. Allows Sneasel for Noble Avalugg, with no mention of Sneasel being Hisuian. Probably could. Do you want to do Bloodmoon form? (Indifferent, personally.)

Personally I like normal Ursaluna's design more, but if it's eligible I wouldn't mind doing Bloodmoon either.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Personally I like normal Ursaluna's design more, but if it's eligible I wouldn't mind doing Bloodmoon either.
Will stick with normal Ursaluna, then. Involves fewer questions that need to be answered. Posting in the Obtain thread shortly.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Small, quick, and belated VPP update: Added the legendaries from Indigo Disk to the list. Initially waited to not spoil them immediately. Forgot about it until now.

› Raging Bolt ~ 2 Electric, 1 Dragon
› Gouging Fire ~ 2 Fire, 1 Dragon
› Iron Boulder ~ 2 Rock, 1 Psychic
› Iron Crown ~ 2 Steel, 1 Psychic
› Terapagos (any form) ~ 3 Normal
› Pecharunt ~ 2 Poison, 1 Ghost

Days
Sorry for disturbing 😕. I don't what this section of the forum is, but it looks fascinating at first sight !

So, what are the the things which are needed to be done here, and what are the rules by which a person should abide by here ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Sorry for disturbing 😕. I don't what this section of the forum is, but it looks fascinating at first sight !

So, what are the the things which are needed to be done here, and what are the rules by which a person should abide by here ?

Waves. Describes Virtual Pokemon Pet (VPP) as a forum-wide forum game. Raises Pokemon via posting anywhere in the forum. Takes about 175 posts per Pokemon, with some variation (more for things like legendaries, less depending on seasons and club membership). Uses those Pokemon to summon legendaries and earn things like medals and ribbons. Views them as a kind of forum trophy, personally.

To start raising a VPP, head to the Obtain thread stickied at the top of the subfourm. Copy and fill out the Individual Form in the first post. Allows you to request most normal Pokemon. Cannot raise any of the following as your first VPP:
  • Legendaries
  • Unown
  • Mega Pokémon
  • Ultra Beasts
  • GMax Pokémon
  • Pairs & Trios
  • Alpha Pokémon
  • Terastal Pokémon
(Locked most of the above list behind using items or VPPs.)

For the rules, check out the VPP Rules & Guide thread. Do not worry about understanding everything in that big, long thread immediately. Suggests familiarizing yourself with the "Rules" and "Obtain" tabs in the first post, mainly. Feel free to ask any questions in this thread (VPP Community DCC) too.

Edit: Occasionally gives out VPPs for participating in events too. Three active events:

Days
Allows you to request most normal Pokemon. Cannot raise any of the following as your first VPP:

Want to ask a small question.

1. What are the rules for Paradox Pokemon, are they also included in that special group ?

2. What are the things should be kept in mind for Pokemon which have 2-stage or 3-stage evolution ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Online now
Want to ask a small question.

1. What are the rules for Paradox Pokemon, are they also included in that special group ?

2. What are the things should be kept in mind for Pokemon which have 2-stage or 3-stage evolution ?
1. May request most Paradox Pokemon without anything special. Treats most of them like regular Pokemon.

The exceptions: Koraidon, Miraidon, Walking Wake, Gouging Fire, Raging Bolt, Iron Leaves, Iron Boulder, and Iron Crown. Counts them as legendary Pokemon.

2. Nothing much in particular. Works the same as your Heracross does. Requires the same number of posts. Leaves a quick note on the "Fully Evolving:" part of the Obtain form, though.

Example: Wants Ivysaur, not Bulbasaur or Venusaur. Fills out the form like so:

Name: Devalue
Pokémon: Ivysaur
Fully Evolving: No
Northern or Southern Hemisphere: Northern
Own a Rainbow Stone: Yes

Returns something like this:

Bulbasaur @ 24,389
Hatch: 24,404
Ivysaur @ Level 100: 24,549
Shiny: No

Denotes no specific post count for evolution. Happens when you think it does.

(Personally figures something like...26 posts in for Ivysaur.
160 posts / 100 levels = 1.6 posts per level.
1.6 * level 16 = 25.6 posts.
Could subtract the hatch time from 160 too.)

Might ask "Why would you ever get a not-fully-evolved Pokemon?"
1. Preference for that specific Pokemon. Likes Torracat way more than Incineroar, for example.
2. A few specific challenges (for baby Pokemon) and a ribbon or two (10 Not Fully Evolved (NFE) Pokemon).

Back