• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What is The Worst thing of Red/Blue (revied topic)

Amphie

Sweet girl
    Years
    I think, pokemon in R/S don`t look good. Golbat, Mewtwo etc. I preffer Yellow much more, because in Yellow all pokemon look like from anime.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I miss that in RBY.

The gym leaders these days are too easy, and far too low level. GSC's were a joke. The worst thing of RBY?

Sage

*sigh*
    Years
    I didn't like the beginning of Yellow. You -have- to start out with Pikachu, and almost all the pok?mon you're able to capture at the beginning are weak against Brock's rock pok?mon. So you have to train super-super-high to beat him. Then Misty comes along with her level 20's. xx;

Years
    Even though R/B/Y has bad graphics and stuff, its still the best of the GB games, just look at G/S/C and R/S, their all just a repeat of the original game, with new pokemon, new gym leaders, and a new places, just with new added stuff, whats so good about that?
    Its only really the graphics thats good in the newer games.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    RBY was made and balanced by people who didn't know how to make the metagame. GSC and RS are vast improvements in that department, competitive play on RBY was limited to about thirty-two Pok?mon, had a broken type, and countless flaws such as Ghost not being the anti-psychic as it was intended.

The change in the balance of competitive play is where the real heart of the game is, not the graphics or features.

Esurified

Flamethrower Rekindled
    Years
    Kairi said:
    RBY was made and balanced by people who didn't know how to make the metagame. GSC and RS are vast improvements in that department, competitive play on RBY was limited to about thirty-two Pok?mon, had a broken type, and countless flaws such as Ghost not being the anti-psychic as it was intended.

The change in the balance of competitive play is where the real heart of the game is, not the graphics or features.

I am with Kairi on this one. RBY was good and lacks those other good features and stuff but just think, you cant get those SUPER cool Pokemons on RS and GSC. You cant get Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, Mew, Mewtwo, etc. And the fun part is are the glitches which the others lack! Those glitches are cool. Most ppl hate Yellow cause of Pikachu (dont blame em') but after awhile you can do neat things and stuff. ANd what I hate about RS is that it is on GBA!! Why cant it be on GB still. People got to but GBAs and stuff.

Years
    Kairi said:

True, but i dont really like to keep playing the same type of "Get all Pokemon, become a pokemon master, beat all gym leaders, and beat the league"
    although it is rather fun sometimes with competitive and new stuff but still, if it keeps going this way, who knows, we might just have 5 new pokemon games, all looking the same.

And i do agree about the part with all the flaws, i found alot in R/B/Y but, that was just some more time you could waste on them, trying to find new :)

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    The whole point of the game though doesn't lie in the cart. the adventure to capture or raise the Pok?mon, it's in the potential that's found in the online metagame using the engine. The battle engine and its applications are where GSC and RS make bounds over the others. Everything else ~ The graphics, the Gym Leaders, the adventure are all just pretty wrapping over it.

Lanceiscool

Not crazy, just unwell...
    Years
    The worst part of R/B is that you cannot battle people again. To train the pokemon to get all 150, I have to battle wimps or the Elite Four. G/S was just as bad.

Sturm

Kurokoneko
    Years
    Old one>Remake

Am I crazy? Nooo...I think old one is original and fun all time...(no migraine when you find a gender that you want or found a shiny one...)

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    unless they introduce new TMs that RS do not have, i see this remake thing as near pointless... all you get to do is check on how the gym leaders are doing (and if it's a remake with exact plot and everything then it would be... boring...)

new TMs will be the "new" feature i'm looking towards the most. It may introduce new archetypes and etc... more movepool for every pokemon = better to some extent

Dragon Man

Milk and Cookies!
    Years
    The graphics for R/B/Y were pretty bad. However I liked that you had to train hard to beat the Gym Leaders. It was more of a challenge. Comparison (Red to Silver) Brock has a Geodude and Onix. Darn, I forgot the levels. Oh, I think Level 14 for each and in Silver, Falkner has Pidgey Level 7 and Pidgeotto Level 9. I like R/B/Y but don't like the graphics, pok?mon, the places, the color (no color practically) and the things you can do. (Lots more in Ruby and Sapphire)

Back