• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What is The Worst thing of Red/Blue (revied topic)

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    I disliked the bag system... well, lack of. Only hold 20 items, I always ran out. And you had to manually pull out a TM to find out what it was. My least favorite part about RBY was the extreme favoritism to psychic.... that whole Saffron scenario and the two rarest, the mew's, were both pure psychic. I am happy GSC introduced special defense.

The only good things about RBY was rock slide as a tm, razor leaf's power, and the missingno glitch (so you could clone items).

Years
    was anyone disappointed when you finaly got all 150 pokemon?
    i was, all i got was a stupid certificat

Wynaut

Unown Master
    Years
    What I didn't like about R/B/Y Was that the music was always weird and annoying and especially the pkmn center x.x Also, the graphics are bad

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years

*can't believe that no one said special into one category... except for the staff members =(*
    *will hate to battle an amnesia mewtwo... as if curselax and dancers aren't bad enough in RS*

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    There's a lot of bad things in R/B/Y... Such as bad music, bad graphics, lack of good tm's, to easy to beat, too many glitches, no color, surf is too slow, hold's only 20 items....

I could list so many bad about R/B/Y.

But then again, newer games are usually better.

chrissmith_uk

A.K.A. Dark_Lugia
    Years
    a thing i hate about allll pok? games are that after you beat the elite four and want another shot at them , they say excactly the same thing as before. they should say different things, like "back for another go? you won't beat me this time!" or something.

Lucifer.

Custom'D
    Years
    There's some horrible flaws in the game. Ghost attacks are ineffective against Psychics, despite being advertised as Psy-beaters (well, the only Ghost attack was Lick anyway). Damage against dual-type monsters also isn't calculated correctly. Thunder is not very effective against Dragonite, despite his Flying dual type. Gyarados is weak against Ice, regardless of the fact he's part Water. Ground isn't very effective against Venusaur, even when you take his Poison type into account. The list goes on.

One of the worst things about Red and Blue though, were the in-game trade only Pokemon like Mr Mime, Jynx, Lickitung, Farfetch'd and Tangella. They all had nicknames that you couldn't alter, which I expect put most people off raising them. Luckily, Pokemon Yellow made all of these monsters become available in the wild.

Like I always say, R/B/Y will always be the 'respected' original titles. But for me, G/S/C took everything that made them great and multiplied it by ten. R/S have nice updates in the visual department, with some decent new Pokemon and moves, but they're not a patch on Gold and Silver in terms of fun.

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    I liked Red and Blue more than Yellow because of a couple of things:
    Pikachu!!!
    Why another version? Wasn't just R/B enough??!!
    No cheats.. You have 2 train!
    Begin..!!
    Less Glitches!

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    lol, both a blessing and a curse, the RareCandyCode! missingno himself. It's cool, and helpful, but many a trainer hath over used it. I know i did several a time.
    Then there's the images, the pokemon just look funny! LOL, especailly when the game became popular after the show, you'd think they'd look more alike? (Tangela looks like a huge cube...Chansey is just sad...)
    But a few look good. I always liked bulbasaurs intresting pose.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    the fact that amnesia = you win

that must be the worst aspect of all... it's like double calm mind x_x;

Iveechan

based on a paperclip
    Years
    Lucifer said:
    One of the worst things about Red and Blue though, were the in-game trade only Pokemon like Mr Mime, Jynx, Lickitung, Farfetch'd and Tangella. They all had nicknames that you couldn't alter, which I expect put most people off raising them. Luckily, Pokemon Yellow made all of these monsters become available in the wild.

Yellow lacked Jynx, period. A bit upsetting being a Jynx fan who hated "Lola". And Mr. Mime was still trade only. But Farfetch'd is wild-found, not sure of the others.

Years
    I hate the fact that the pokemon from your side looked so awful...... I can still recognize my charmander and bulbasaur and squirtle...even if they look so ugly... but once they evolve, they look ok from the front but doesnt look like anything from the back! Like charmeleon, when i look from the back, he sortta looks like a hanging light bulb to me...

raveberuk

a.k.a DoDoMaStEr
    Years
    The worst thing from Red/Blue was you have to keep on opening the menu bar and go to your pokemon to cut trees, :tired: headbutt, :cool: surf, :badsmile: etc. This especially annoyed me a lot in a dungeon where you have to keep on using strength and rock smash. :D

Another thing is that the game was too easy for me *cheeky* :cheeky: , nah......

I am also disappointed by the lack of storyline compared to GOLD SILVER CRYSAL FIRERED LEAFGREEN................ :bandit: :bandit: :P :D :cool:

The graphics were awful, the pokemon sound was squeeky :D and the battle effects are really poor. :tired:

Even so, I still love it bcause it one of the first pokemon game that came out and one of the first game that I played... :knockedou :knockedou *proud of the constructive comment*

Any irrelevancies above are not the responsibility of Raveberuk a.k.a. Dodomaster. Terms and Condition Applies.

Rave :paranoid:

AJHalliwell

Forrest Green Gym- Person
    Years
    (I've already commented) but I like the newer comments. I don't like in yellow, Bulbasaur! I *LOVE* bulbasaur, (if ya didn't already know that, lol) and out of like, 9 tries, I've only gotten it twice! Over the past 4+ years! Bulbasaur bud, you rock, but yer to hard to get in Yellow.
    And when you get squirtle, his levels to low to be to much help. So ya either have to train him, or poof, he goes into the box never to be seen again. (Most people I know train him to bLastoise, then box'm)
    And there's the things already mentioned again n.n
    But, for the first game, I think they did pretty good. Of coarse the advances are gonna have more, cooler, options then the first, but that's what makes it cool right!

and...
    Go to an image place, and put your image on there (if your not already doing this) like, Photobucket. Then copy the One on there. It might be to big, and to much info also.
    Words may contain bad language, or are not being coded right. But it's probably the above mentioned problem. Go to Photobucket (search for it if ya have to), sign up, load up the pic you want, and paste the img thingie on the Signiture thing in use prefs. This doesn't belong here i might add, put it in questions or something.

Back