• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What's with the hate towards Flareon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
  • imo Flareon had good moves, you just had to work for them (get it to a high level)... you may had to work for them but My in game Flareon, my Flareon had Fire Spin, Fire Fang, Lava Plume, & Last Resort, and then when it got to 70 something I traded Fire Spin for Fire Blast and Flareon worked out well for me with those moves

Skull Kid

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Flareon is awesome, it's my favorite eeveelution. If it got a good move like Flare Blitz I think people would appreciate it more.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I like Flareon personally, but I've never actually used it for the main reason that has been mentioned in pretty much every post- while it has that huge attack that could give it potential to be a great addition to your team, its strongest moves are Flame Charge and Fire Fang. While the first one gives a nice speed boost, they're both pretty weak. You've also got Facade but you'd have to carry a Toxic Orb and that can be quite inconvenient. So the main reason people would hate on it is that it's just not bringing out its potential- it could be a badass Pokemon if it carried moves such as Flare Blitz, but it doesn't so I guess we're stuck with this well-designed Pokemon that's poor for battling.

Add in the fact that it isn't exactly that bulky and with a relatively low speed, I guess that's why people would hate on it. And then there's the competitive battling side- Flareon would just not cope well at all, even in the depths of NU, since there are much better things out there in my opinion. Overall though I do really like Flareon's design, I'm just disappointed Gamefreak didn't bring out the potential in it. :[

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I adore Flareon it's just so warm and cute and cuddly and eeee *.* It's certainly not my favourite of the eeveelutions for the same reason that I believe most of the hate is generated, and that reason is simply because it's rubbish at battling. If he was a bit more spread out with his stats or had a better move pool to use them with, Flareon would be a badass Pokémon and I reckon he'd be up amongst the top of the Eevee forms, but given his awful move set to support his stats and the access to the other much stronger Eevee forms, I think Flareon is unfortunately never going to shine. :(

Years
  • Despite all the hate for Flareon, I stand by the poor Eeveelution and I can say that it's my favourite Fire Type by far. For me it overtakes all the other Fire Types. Just because its movepool is bad, doesn't meant its a bad Pokèmon. It's Attack is really high, and if used properly, can sweep. I've did myself on Pokèmon Showdown. Flame Charged to get speed the used Facade (With the help of Guts and Toxic Orb) to sweep the team. Stop hating on Flareon, get your Charizards out of here. Flareon rules :D

Years
  • From someone who doesn't have Facebook, I've never actually heard any overly aggressive and biased remarks about much of any pokemon, and cannot understand why flareon would recieve any except aforementioned unreached potential, but this thread has shown some interesting strategies, and to be fair, if magikarp can be used well, even under specific circumstances, then anything can have merit if you design your strategy well.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I haven't seen hardly any "hate" for Flareon. What I see are people pointing out (granted, sometimes rudely, but this is the internet after all) that it's the worst of the eeveelutions, with a terrible movepool and poorly distributed stats. It IS the worst of the eeveelutions, it DOES have a terrible movepool and it DOES have poorly distributed stats. Those are just facts. If somebody simply points out those facts, that's not "hate" - it's truth. If they point those facts out rudely, well then, I assume that's just because they're rude people. But even that doesn't change the facts.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
    Years
  • DUDE, RIIIIIIIIGHT?/mild sarcasm

I have picked up on a lot of hate for this and other Eeveelutions. No, I think it's absolutely fluffy-wuffly and awesome, but apparently it performs awfully in battle. I think Pokemon with fantastic designs that do poorly in battle make people angry because the Pokemon is so cute or whatever that they want to use it but they know it will just cripple their team. Pokemon that are considered to have a poor design and are terrible battlers seem to just fade off into the cavernous abyss of bad Pokemon. I type in long sentences, don't I? Anyways, it sort of deserves the disapproval (or at least Gamefreak does for doing it) for competitive battling.

Years
  • Even though Flareon doesn't have as many good fire moves to make use of its physical stat competitively, ingame it's quite a good Pokemon regardless and can hold its own well enough. It's my favorite eeveelution and I find it very fun and useful to use in the games. o/ So.. I'll never understand the hate it gets, either.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • Flareon's best physical move is Fire Fang. That means it can't really use a physical attacking set, since if it got Flare Blitz, it could combine that with Guts and a Toxic Orb and hit extremely hard (though not as hard as Darmanitan). If Flareon got Flare Blitz, I'm sure it would go RU or even BL2.

Right now, though, it's forced to use a specially defensive set and can't really get out of NU. In-game it's outclassed by Pokemon such as Magmortar, any starter, Darmanitan, etc.

Wootius

Glah
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2022
    Flareon. 130 Base Attack.

Flare Blitz. 120 Power Physical fire move.

I can't stand wasting that attack by using Fire Blast. Get on it please Gamefreak.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
  • You could say the same about any Eevee evolution that's not Umbreon.

The fact is, Umbreon fanboyism and, to a possibly greater extent, fangirlism, is a widespread plague that stems from both the furry fan-dumb and the "Dark and Angsty" trend that many self-proclaimed "otakus" (read: weeaboo) are engulfed in. No other Pokemon, barring Lucario, has the sheer number of rainbow-angsty-emo "original" characters based on it than Umbreon.

But most people who aren't Umbreon fanboys or fangirls agree that Flareon isn't that great due to subpar stats and fairly forgettable design.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Well, Flareon has a rather weak movepool compared to the other evolutions
    and his base stats are really not that great either, plus there are soooo many better fire pokemon to chose from. I guess this is where all the hates come from

Years
  • I used to love flareon! Back when I used it in yellow... but that was mostly because I challenged myself to NOT use the starters, charmander, bulbasaur and squirtle. I liked it because it looked the most like eevee out of the three evolutions. Since first gen however, I have never used it just because I prefer every other eeveelution more. Flareon, like someone else said, just tends to be forgotten. I don't hate it, but it's definitely been kicked to the ground in terms of movepool and unless they give it moves it can excel with, I can't see myself using one over the better fire types available.

The Local Joke

Trubbish in the Classroom
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 8, 2013
    The movepool is super-effective against the fire-type Eevolution.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
    Years
  • I've always been prejudice against flareon for no apparent reason. Jolteon has always won my heart.

dragonfly_dust

Look at my avatar! Nuff said.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    Even though I always raise up a Flareon to 100 in my post-game fun....Flareon's movepool is just awful!

If it had a better movepool, we would love it like every other Eeveelution.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Nobody hear hates Flareon; they just wish it could've been better if not for its poor stat distribution and its horrid movepool. Both Umbreon and Espeon suffer a similar fate, but at least Glaceon can abuse Ice Beam and Umbreon can be made into an excellent wall with a Curse set.

Nakala Pri

Good on you for finally making a thread on this! :D

Seriously, people are all like 'Flareon sucks! Why couldn't they have flushed it down the toilet and let it get eaten by Mawile?' and I say 'FLAREON IS BETTER THEN YOU, RATBAGS!' Seriously, do NOT annoy me. xD I love Flareon, mainly because everyone else hates it and I wanna give it a home. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back