• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game is your favorite, and why?

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
Years
  • i like platinum just because it has extra features and has giratina as the game legendary. and also i like the little extra plots and the distortion world

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Have to say Platinum - it simply has more content than the other two, and improved on a few errors as well such as the slow Surfing speed in D/P. I did feel however that the somewhat forced additions of Cynthia appearing everywhere in the story of Platinum was a downside however - made her seem like quite the stalker popping up out of nowhere way too often (although some might argue she's not the worst sort of stalker to have... ;p Just look at the likes of Scott).

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I like Platinum because of the plot and the pokemon you can have. Though It is a hard choice for me between Platinum and Diamond.

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
    Years
  • Platinum, because the mascot is the ever-so-fabulous Giratina. I love him so much. Pearl would have to be my next favourite, again because I love it's mascot a ton. Sorry Dialga: no love for you. ):
    Oh, and I did appreciate how Cyrus' backstory was more complete in Platinum; gave me all the more reason to hate him and be completely creeped out by him. ):

Vegas

┐('へ')┌ Like I cared
    Years
  • I loved Diamond but later I got Platinum and just fell in love with it. Because I loved Distortion World and all the other things that are exclusive on Platinum (those high leveled Magikarps in Resort Area = Epicness, I even got a random shiny Magikarp from there LOL).

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Platinum for its extra features, Battle Frontier and tweaked plot. Not to mention, the new outfits were pretty cool compared to the ones in Diamond and Pearl (not to say those were bad). While I'm at it, some of the newer sprites were a lot better than those in the first two versions; Heatran's sprite for example, that was hot stuff.

Before I looked in this thread, I was sure everyone would say Platinum.

...at least a majority did anyway. XD

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • Pearl is my favorite. I never bought Platinum because by the time it came out, I was completely attached to my pokemon in Pearl and didn't want to stop using them. I didn't want to start a new game and forget about the pokemon I had taken so much time to train.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    I have to say Pearl is my favorite, because it was the first game I was exposed to from Generation IV. Though, on Platinum by far I had my best team and was the most knowledgeable, plus I got some cool legendaries like Shaymin. ^_^

HinaBaby

#1 Spongebob Fan!
    Years
  • Platinum, I'd have to say I enjoyed it and spent more time playing it than Diamond nor Pearl.

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Pokemon Diamond because it was my first 4th gen game and I've been playing it for year.

But soon, I'll have to say goodbye to Diamond since era of 5th gen is coming soon and I wanna move on. T_T

shinyabsol1

Pokemon DarkJasper!?
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2022
    Platinum, because of the addition of the battle frontier. I couldn't wait for that in the days before the game came out!

Back