• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Codin

Running around Sigil in Planescape: Torment

HARMONIUM OFFICER: "Excuse me, sir? Scarred man? Are you the one locals are reporting is going around the Hive killing every Black Abishai you come across?"

ME: "They give 7000 experience points per kill and I need to level up. Let me have my fun. Also, it's hardly murder or genocide if they're evil."

Hi!

or some say Kosm...
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen May 3, 2017
What are everyone's thoughts on the Metal Gear Rising 2 tease?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What are everyone's thoughts on the Metal Gear Rising 2 tease?
I told my brother about this, and he thinks it's not a teaser to MGR2 and is just coincidental that the font style used for the number 2 is similar to font of the game's title.

Sir Codin

You know, I love Planescape: Torment, but....

rubikonpst.jpg~original

I HATE THIS FUCKING PLACE.

It's called the Rubikon Dungeon Construct, it was made by a bunch of Modrons to experiment with the social aspects of RPG dungeons. This place is entirely optional, but...

If you want to get a secret character into your party, you have to set it to Hard mode and go through the maze....and it's essentially a randomized dungeon maze composed of an area of 64 rooms that all look the same, with 1 to 3 powerful constructs that can kill you dead in seconds if you aren't careful. Add to the fact that there are several dead ends and it's easy to get lost in and you have the most agonizing, tedious, sanity-eroding dungeon in all of RPGdom in an otherwise fantastic game.

Fuck you, Chris Avellone, for thinking this whole thing was even a good idea. It makes me the think that this dungeon was the real reason this game is called "Torment", not it's story themes.

Last edited:

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
Years
You know, I love Planescape: Torment, but....

rubikonpst.jpg~original

I HATE THIS FUCKING PLACE.

It's called the Rubikon Dungeon Construct, it was made by a bunch of Modrons to experiment with the social aspects of RPG dungeons. This place is entirely optional, but...

If you want to get a secret character into your party, you have to set it to Hard mode and go through the maze....and it's essentially a randomized dungeon maze composed of an area of 64 rooms that all look the same, with 1 to 3 powerful constructs that can kill you dead in seconds if you aren't careful. Add to the fact that there are several dead ends and it's easy to get lost in and you have the most agonizing, tedious, sanity-eroding dungeon in all of RPGdom in an otherwise fantastic game.

Fuck you, Chris Avellone, for thinking this whole thing was even a good idea. It makes me the think that this dungeon was the real reason this game is called "Torment", not it's story themes.

Sounds brutal. Does the game give you enough time for react and escape the room before it kills you?

Sir Codin

Sounds brutal. Does the game give you enough time for react and escape the room before it kills you?
Oh, yeah, the constructs talk to you and you can have the option to lampshade how ridiculous this all is. The constructs sometimes agree with you, then let you know that their programming says to attack you anyway, so they do.

Also, you can just dash to each entrance and avoid fighting, but in my experience, that makes it even harder to navigate the maze because the constructs stay dead in each room unless you reset the maze. So when you come across a room with no constructs in it, it means you've already killed them and that you've been there before.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
Oh, yeah, the constructs talk to you and you can have the option to lampshade how ridiculous this all is. The constructs sometimes agree with you, then let you know that their programming says to attack you anyway, so they do.

Also, you can just dash to each entrance and avoid fighting, but in my experience, that makes it even harder to navigate the maze because the constructs stay dead in each room unless you reset the maze. So when you come across a room with no constructs in it, it means you've already killed them and that you've been there before.

But if you're dashing and avoiding fighting, as well as not getting hurt by dead constructs, how exactly does that make that harder? I don't quite understand.

Sir Codin

But if you're dashing and avoiding fighting, as well as not getting hurt by dead constructs, how exactly does that make that harder? I don't quite understand.
I said in my previous post it makes the maze harder to navigate.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
I said in my previous post it makes the maze harder to navigate.

I get that - so it's mainly just that because you're dashing through fast to avoid fighting you have a harder time remembering which rooms you've been in because by the time you process the room you're already dashing through the next one.

Sir Codin

I get that - so it's mainly just that because you're dashing through fast to avoid fighting you have a harder time remembering which rooms you've been in because by the time you process the room you're already dashing through the next one.
Exacto-mundo.

In the end though, I got through it. Beat the game yesterday, so I'm focusing on other things. Interestingly, I just bought Bravely Default, so I think I'll turn my attention to that.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Seems it's really dead in here :c

So I decided to do something totally crazy last night. Since Target is closing, and they are planning to sell fixtures, I put my name in to see if I could get their demo PS4 display for collective purposes. Since I work there, I might be able to pull some strings provided nobody else wants it, and from what I was told, they're planning on simply tossing it because it's locked to the demo games and can't do anything else. Here's hoping!

Nice! That might be interesting. Even if you don't keep it, it'd probably go for a good chunk of cash on eBay. :P

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
Years
Does anyone know a good way of cleaning an Xbox 360 controller? Mine is pretty dirty and I'm thinking about selling it.

Please quote to reply because the thread is huge and I don't check it very often. ;)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Does anyone know a good way of cleaning an Xbox 360 controller? Mine is pretty dirty and I'm thinking about selling it.

Please quote to reply because the thread is huge and I don't check it very often. ;)

You should be able to just use a cleaner like Lysol or even a warm (damp, not wet) towel and some elbow grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back