• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
Yesterday, Squeenix's JP Youtube channel kept getting reccomended to me so I kept watching the Bravely Second: End Layer trailers.

Let's plug one of the other trailers as well. Because it's clear that I have no extreme bias to this particular game.

Quite a lot of Bravely Second news the past few weeks, so yeah really excited!

THIS is the best trailer of the year so far

And I bet it'll stay that way for the rest of the year. Dat style.

I admit I'm not too familiar with the Persona series/haven't played any of the games, but I can appreciate the trailer's execution and its appeal to several of the fans. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I sort of want to second Sonic 06, haha.

Have you done Outlast yet?
I don't have a way to record Sonic 06, and Outlast will have to wait til I upgrade my computer possibly. It's a very nice looking game and I'd rather not drop the quality for a recording.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
I don't have a way to record Sonic 06, and Outlast will have to wait til I upgrade my computer possibly. It's a very nice looking game and I'd rather not drop the quality for a recording.

Bummer.

Come borrow my computer. :v

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 27, 2022
lol, I would if I could! Maybe I can install it some time over at my friend's place and try it there. He has an awesome computer.

There ya go!

"Mind if I come over for a few hours today to 'borrow' your computer? I have to play games for The Internet. It's really important."

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
There ya go!

"Mind if I come over for a few hours today to 'borrow' your computer? I have to play games for The Internet. It's really important."
it actually is important. As a film student I need to increase my presence on YouTube, and Let's Playing is a good way to do it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
THIS is the best trailer of the year so far

And I bet it'll stay that way for the rest of the year. Dat style.
Indeed. The game seems to have a lot of personality so far, seems to have taken a few chapters (and the main character) from Catherine in terms of style, and I'm liking what I'm seeing.

And really, now that Persona's an economically viable commercial name they can go back to doing whatever they want with it and count on a relatively large number of sales worldwide, especially thanks to the Golden Boom. I'm excited to see more of this game (and I'm incredibly glad it's coming to the PS3 as well. Fortunately, considering the franchise, I don't see the differences being too major or dealbreaking, save for load speeds).

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah I'm glad it's also coming on the PS3 too without the risk of having too much drawback. If it was PS4 only that would probably be my cue to get one lmao. As of now, Uncharted 4 is the only game to interest me on the PS4, so I'm not in a hurry. (Well, and MGS5, but that's coming to PS3 as well although the downgrade will probably be obvious) I'll enjoy Persona 5 on the PS3 just fine, I bet.

I'm already in love with the protagonist and his persona. The phantom thief motif grabbed me really hard. I'm a sucker for those.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
Years
Ahh the PS4...I've come to regret buying it at launch. I really hope when the Ratchet & Clank game lands this year that it'll be awesome.

Bought my first WWE game today. The 2014 game specifically. Given my past record with fighting games, it wasn't long before I got my butt handed to me. Controls take a bit of getting used to, but I will try to get the platinum trophy for this game. The catch is trying to find time to play it.

Years
Sadly I don't really play consoles so no Persona for me LOL.

Giving me Magic Kaito vibes though.

On the other hand I hope the paper thin disguise doesn't have everyone going "WHO COULD HAVE KNOWN IT WAS HIM"

Sloan Kettering

Robot Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Aug 17, 2018
Chronicles of game-chasing

So, lately I've quit caring as much about getting awesome guitar gear for no reason and have revived my old true hobby of gaming. I've mostly been a handheld gamer all of my life and a retro gamer even moreso. I've lost/sold my collections many times before, but I'm restarting this rather expensive hobby. Let's all talk about awesome game finds, purchases and game chasing experiences.

I've recently been on a buying spree on ebay and bought the original japanese Puyo Puyo for gameboy complete in box for $10, the japanese pokemon red complete in box for $25, Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (SEALED) for $16, Pokemon X for $25 (ouch), Mario Kart 7 w/o case or manual for $10 (buying a case on ebay for $3), Pokemon Black w/o case for $5 (a steal), Bravely Default w/o case for $20 (considering buying the case, but that will certainly raise the investment quite a bit) and finally Majora's Mask 3D. So much to play...yet I still want more. I guess I can finally play through Pokemon Gen 5.

Not really including Steam, Virtual Console or digital download games on my list, but Shovel Knight definitely deserves an honorable mention. If you have any remotely fond memories of retro gaming, Shovel Knight will blow you away. It's the best rated 3DS game of 2014 for a reason.

Let's also talk about the greatest youtube series of all time: the Game Chasers.

Allow me to leave you with this picture:
10891744_873479349341803_4036062847580968099_n.jpg

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Klippy wants this. Here you go Klippy!

EDIT: I'm such an idiot lmao I was distracted and sent this to the wrong spot. Dave forward to Klippy pls

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Yeah I'm glad it's also coming on the PS3 too without the risk of having too much drawback. If it was PS4 only that would probably be my cue to get one lmao. As of now, Uncharted 4 is the only game to interest me on the PS4, so I'm not in a hurry. (Well, and MGS5, but that's coming to PS3 as well although the downgrade will probably be obvious) I'll enjoy Persona 5 on the PS3 just fine, I bet.
Well there's Street Fighter V, but that's also coming to the PC, so yeah.

Years
Mobile games? My goodness, I haven't played any of those in a while, except for some of those endless runner games ala Temple Run. There have been some of those i've seen several variants of.

And will the Year of Gaming be returning anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back