• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Yeah, I bought Revelations on 360 for $69 after taxes. Now with taxes you're looking at $79. Just too much, arguably for almost any game. Especially since it's the stock version of the game: no GotY edition, DLC included, etc.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Remember the days when a brand new game was $50? Those were nice days.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I still own some games I got for 50. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath is one, had it since release. Such a good game I can't even play it on 360 waaaaah!

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Remember the days when a brand new game was $50? Those were nice days.

Seems like the only tangible games can get for that low these days is 3DS ones. Even ORAS is gunna be 50+ after taxes.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Seems like the only tangible games can get for that low these days is 3DS ones. Even ORAS is gunna be 50+ after taxes.

Holy poop, what are the taxes like where you live?! D:

8 cents on the dollar, it's just a little over $3 in taxes for a $40 purchase. It'd be like $43.30.

Move here and save yourself $10.

pkmin3033

A lot of the time for RRP in this country they just swap the $ for a £ and ignore the exchange rates. At least when it comes to consoles and handheld titles. Console titles are about the same price...which is still ridiculously overpriced. This is why I buy games online these days and almost never buy in the shops. It still saddens me that I could have gotten two games from a shop for what I'd have to pay for one in a console a few years ago, though...

...and it wouldn't be so bad if the content was there, but it isn't. 10 hours worth of campaign/story is not an acceptable length for the prices they charge, and when you add the inevitable DLC costs on top of that, plus the online subscription if you're playing PS4 or Xbone and want to play online...gaming is an expensive hobby.

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    ...and it wouldn't be so bad if the content was there, but it isn't. 10 hours worth of campaign/story is not an acceptable length for the prices they charge, and when you add the inevitable DLC costs on top of that, plus the online subscription if you're playing PS4 or Xbone and want to play online...gaming is an expensive hobby.

All hobbies are expensive if you want them to be. ..Well, aside from crocheting and embroidering. Embroidery floss costs, like, cents. And it lasts for hours. ;D

But no, srsly, it's definitely getting expensive, even to me. I've put $13 toward this hobby tonight and while everything was on great sales. It was all DLC. All of it.

That's.. a little ridiculous. But not too ridiculous for me to want it, of course.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Holy poop, what are the taxes like where you live?! D:

8 cents on the dollar, it's just a little over $3 in taxes for a $40 purchase. It'd be like $43.30.

Move here and save yourself $10.

Sales taxes are quite high here. We're looking at an additional 13% on our purchase. A little digging shows that ORAS will be sold at $44.99 CAD, which comes out to $50.84.

Which is whyyyyy... no thanks. I've been looking online for craigslist and kijiji ads selling 2DS and the cheapest I found has been $80. And the person didn't even reply to my inquiry. So I'm probably looking at 90-100 for a used 2DS, plus $50 for ORAS. That's a little expensive for something I'm buying purely for nostalgic reasons. I think I'll pass.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Sales taxes are quite high here. We're looking at an additional 13% on our purchase. A little digging shows that ORAS will be sold at $44.99 CAD, which comes out to $50.84.

I was going to say this, but you already did. So, quoting.

Which makes the new, common $70 price point a big pain. After taxes that's about $80 :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2017
    Blood Brothers?

Was curious to see if anyone else here plays the app Blood Brothers? Personally it is my favorite game on my phone and I am so addicted to it that it isn't even funny >.>

It is a RPG game where you level up a warlord of your choice and build a squad of units, each with their own abilities, and battle against other players. They also have events quite literally every week where they add new units to the game and give away certain ones just for participating and reaching a specific ranking in the event. You can of course purchase units with real life money but it is not necessary to have a solid squad.

If anyone else plays I would love to add you as an ally so we could help each other out and I have some solid units I can give away to anyone who wants to give the game a try. If enough people are interested we could even make a group for this I suppose ^^

Dustmop

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Sales taxes are quite high here. We're looking at an additional 13% on our purchase. A little digging shows that ORAS will be sold at $44.99 CAD, which comes out to $50.84.

Which is whyyyyy... no thanks. I've been looking online for craigslist and kijiji ads selling 2DS and the cheapest I found has been $80. And the person didn't even reply to my inquiry. So I'm probably looking at 90-100 for a used 2DS, plus $50 for ORAS. That's a little expensive for something I'm buying purely for nostalgic reasons. I think I'll pass.

Trying to convert that was really weird. I think I broke the google calculator. But our total comes to $48.49 in CAD. Not much of a savings after all.

But that is ridiculous, guys. I'm so sorry. Kinda wish I could help. D: I found a 2DS for $60 on craigslist out here, that'd be like $67 for you. Somewhat more of a savings, lol.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Well there are a lot of games that are being released at smaller prices these days, so maybe we'll stop having a one size fits all price for console games in the future.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back