• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
  • Sales taxes are quite high here. We're looking at an additional 13% on our purchase. A little digging shows that ORAS will be sold at $44.99 CAD, which comes out to $50.84.

-> 13%
    -> Quite high

-> Looks at 21% in Spain
    -> Looks at average 22.5% in Europe

...wow. Thanks for making me feel bad.
    At least taxes are included in the prices by default here so when the tag says 44.99€, you know you will be paying exactly 44.99€, from which the shop will only keep about 36.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Damn, why is sales tax so high in other countries? In New Jersey it's just 7%. Though we make up for that by having high property taxes. And I think income tax too.

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    -> 13%
    -> Quite high

-> Looks at 21% in Spain
    -> Looks at average 22.5% in Europe

...wow. Thanks for making me feel bad.
    At least taxes are included in the prices by default here so when the tag says 44.99€, you know you will be paying exactly 44.99€, from which the shop will only keep about 36.

Yeah, I loved that when I went to Europe. You pay the price listed, very simple concept but not something North America seemed to grasp.

But yeah, 13% is quite high simply because our brothers down south seem to have exceptionally low sales taxes. Sucks to be Europe, I guess.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    Here in North Carolina it's currently... 6.25-7%.

I don't know why I immediately went to 8~%. New York is 8.8%, and I haven't lived there in almost a decade. :v

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2014
    Evolve big alpha codes

Hey everyone I got 9 extra alpha codes go ahead and just redeem them if you would like to try it out.

Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Years
  • New Jersey's sale tax is 7% and I just got my Wii U today. Of course my crappy non-HD TV required me to also buy a Wii AV wire but my god even the game pad screen looks MMMF. I got the Mario Kart 8 + Nintendo Land bundle, and next month my mom wants to buy an HD TV. The only thing is I have to skip getting Omega Ruby this month and wait around Christmas time to get a poop-ton of more games.

pkmin3033

I might pick that up on my PS4 or Vita...or both, if it's cross-buy, which it hopefully will be. I've heard a lot of good things about it, and it looks intriguing at least. Good soundtrack, too!

VeranithasVI

I eat shades of #radred.
    Years
  • All hobbies are expensive if you want them to be. ..Well, aside from crocheting and embroidering. Embroidery floss costs, like, cents. And it lasts for hours. ;D

Sounds like a hobby I need to pick up.

Halo: Master Chief Collection is out in 8 days, anybody going to be picking that up for their Xbox One? On the other side of the spectrum, LittleBigPlanet 3 is out sometime this month for the PS4! Both of the previously mentioned are games that will be sat in my collection as soon as they're released. Can't wait for Kingdom Hearts 3, gonna have to be pathetic and buy it on both Xbox One and PS4.

OR/AS is out soon for the 3DS, too! Are there any other games being released for the 3DS that have a massive hype train, or is that just for these Pokemon remakes? Either way my preorder is down for Omega Ruby, just gotta go pay it all off when I get paid this week. As a side note, 3DS games seem a little bit... lackluster. I have Bravely Default, but I traded it in recently because it just bored me, to be honest.

And finally, Smash Bros 4 Wii U is released at the end of the month and I for one, couldn't be more excited! It rocked on the 3DS (a game that actually has substance on the handheld console), if that's any indication of the console version then count me in 100%.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    Just bought 3D Land. Short, somewhat easy, but I'm in love. People complaining about it need to get priorities straight, just cause its not some epic universe imploder like Galaxy 3(which is pretty damn hard to pull off on a 3DS) doesn't mean its bad. Sure, its weird menus like its some built in software(why do a lot of Nintendo's early 3DS ventures do this?) do ruin the package, but its hitting all the right notes. On world 6 btw. Real eye opener for me was that propeller level in W5 were you just had random platforms dotted about. Also definitely a game I'd replay levels to collect star coins, so that's enough for me.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • In the US, for video game releases this month, the two busiest days are are going be the 4th and the 11th. There are going to be nine games coming out on the 4th, one of being Call of Duty Advanced Warfare. As for on the 11th, a dozen new games are coming out that day, four of them being Assassin's Creed Rogue, Assassin's Creed Unity, Halo The Master Chief Collection, and Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham. Course of the games I mentioned, the one I am currently waiting for is Assassin's Creed Rogue.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Anyone know if the mobile version of 5NAF is any good? I feel like it would be a fun game to have on the go on a bus or something... as long as I don't like scream or something lol

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • Anyone know if the mobile version of 5NAF is any good? I feel like it would be a fun game to have on the go on a bus or something... as long as I don't like scream or something lol
    I heard the pacing for the mobile game is really off compared to the desktop version.

also [catches bees twice in a row in ac:nl] i am unstoppable

y stri

Got no theme right now.
    Years
  • Wow man! You're the bee's knees! Bad pun totally intended.
    Nice.

By the way, I remembered what made FNAF mobile's pacing off: it's faster overall, as in the nights are shorter and power drains quicker. For some reason apparently this makes Night 4 and above really hard, but that's just what I heard.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back