• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Team Flare NPC somewhere mentions it being several million P$ to buy a Team Flare suit (why?). Is it possible to buy one? Or is it like the Slowpoke tails guy from Johto?
    Nah, you can't actually buy a Team Flare suit in the games (even though that would be amusing). Why are they so expensive? That I don't know.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I just opened pokebank today and I have exactly 3000 Pokemiles/300 Battle Points. Now, I very well may have just been lucky enough to open it at an opportune time, but I was wondering if the pokemiles/battle points get capped at a certain level the same way your play coins get capped at 300 coins. Would anyone happen to know?

Also, what happens if I get a mystery gift code, use it, get teh pokemon and then use a different code for the same pokemon on the same game? Do I get another pokemon/wonder card or does the code just get negated and you get nothing?

EDIT: Also, in Glittering cave BEFORE you beat the elite 4, just so I don't waste any more time breaking rocks, you can only get teh Sail/Jaw Fossils and the Old Amber and nothing else fossil wise, correct? (all the other fossils only appear AFTER beating the Elite 4, correct?) And you can only get the sail OR jaw fossil, right? You can't get 1 first and then the other later in game, right? (I know there's the GTS, I just want to know for sure whether I can get 1 or both before I start trading away)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    Does anyone know why I haven't received my free 1000 BP for doing the Online Competitions? I participated in the Super Speed Double Battles and didn't get any, and then I also participated in the Fairy Face-off and got no BP prize from that either. It's a bit annoying, because under the rules it says participants will earn 1000 BP.

Years
  • EDIT: Also, in Glittering cave BEFORE you beat the elite 4, just so I don't waste any more time breaking rocks, you can only get teh Sail/Jaw Fossils and the Old Amber and nothing else fossil wise, correct? (all the other fossils only appear AFTER beating the Elite 4, correct?) And you can only get the sail OR jaw fossil, right? You can't get 1 first and then the other later in game, right? (I know there's the GTS, I just want to know for sure whether I can get 1 or both before I start trading away)

I couldn't answer the rest of the question, but I'll answer this portion for you.

Sadly, you can't get Jaw or Sail Fossils by Rock Smashing, just the Old Ambers (and also Kanto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova fossils postgame). In fact, for further clarification you can only get either the Jaw or Sail Fossil at the point where you receive it, not both.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2014
    Overall Newbie Questions

So I haven't played any Pokemon games since Gen 3 Emerald until now so I am just trying to attempt to acquaint myself with the new pokemon and game design and graphics. So far I am really liking how Pokemon Y is set up with the Super training, graphics, and other features, the bag leaves me something to desire with all the options to go through to simply use something, but oh well.

But some of my questions are :
    1. What would you guys suggest as good pokemon to try and catch to breed for competitive play?
    2. How feasible is it to fully complete the Pokedex with this game?
    3. Do the skates have a toggle option?

So far those are my major questions since I'm still on my first play through experience the whole new world and all the new pokemon, which is why I asked about any pokemon I should keep my eye out for!

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    You can complete the Pokédex, competitive Pokémon can be found in the Team Building section, and unless you use the D-Pad, you're gonna skate.

Good luck and have fun!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    1. Go to team building section, check smogon, etc.
    2. I'm on that quest, it's taking some time, but I'm doing the following:
    .For legendaries, get at least ONE legendary, and via GTS you can trade for all the others starting with that one.
    .For obtainable pokemon, use a website that tells you where to find them, get a pokemon with false swipe, a lot of pokeballs, and go in a catching spree.
    .For evolutions, activate exp o-power lvl 3, go to le wow restaurant / battle chateau with a strong pokemon and 5 pokemon you want to evolve, and battle.
    .For unobtainable pokemon, use GTS, you will get more trades depositing pokemon that seeking them, since the good offers are usually taken fast.
    .For trade related evolutions, use GTS, deposit the pre evo (with item attached if needed) and ask for the evolution, or, if you already have a trade related evolution, try depositing it and asking for another one.
    .You could use the trade corner too, I never tried it myself and I'm getting close to the complete it (I've around 580 on the dex at the moment and already completed 2 of the 3 kalos pokedex).
    3.Nope.

Years
  • 1: There are heaps of Pokemon to choose from to start playing competitively, but my first competitive Pokemon I have ever created via breeding was a Special Sheer Force Nidoking, that might be a good Pokemon to start with.
    2: Probably takes a very long time to do it, but there isn't much point into completing the Dex, all you get is an item that increases the chance of a Shiny.
    3: No.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So I haven't played any Pokemon games since Gen 3 Emerald until now so I am just trying to attempt to acquaint myself with the new pokemon and game design and graphics. So far I am really liking how Pokemon Y is set up with the Super training, graphics, and other features, the bag leaves me something to desire with all the options to go through to simply use something, but oh well.

But some of my questions are :
    1. What would you guys suggest as good pokemon to try and catch to breed for competitive play?

So far those are my major questions since I'm still on my first play through experience the whole new world and all the new pokemon, which is why I asked about any pokemon I should keep my eye out for!
    Just wanted to let you know that I moved your thread into the X/Y Q&A thread, since that's the place for X/Y related questions. If you have further questions about X/Y things, post them in here.

Anyway, welcome to the PokeCommunity and I hope you enjoy both your time here and with X/Y.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • 1. What would you guys suggest as good pokemon to try and catch to breed for competitive play?
    Smogon and Team Building is there for you

Currently I have a living dex that I obtained through trading and catching the rest. With 450 Pokemon available in the Kalos dex, you only need 255 left to seek as event legendaries aren't required to complete the dex.

The posters above have given you good tips on how to obtain Pokedex data. The legendary Pokedex data, especially. However, Unown will be somewhat of a hassle to obtain since its rarity in Gen VI and its inability to breed makes lots of people put up Unown requesting for all kinds of legendaries.

I'm afraid not, you need to use the D-Pad

Answers are in bold. Quoting so you might notice.

EDIT: Slight miscalculation. 719 (so far) - 450 - 14 = 255, not 245 haha.
    On that account, for a more accurate number, it's 254 as the Kalos dex has 451 Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Answers are in bold. Quoting so you might notice.

EDIT: Slight miscalculation. 719 (so far) - 450 - 14 = 255, not 245 haha.
    On that account, for a more accurate number, it's 254 as the Kalos dex has 451 Pokemon.

Okay I would REALLY have to question those figures, there's only 22 lines of breedable pokemon not available in Kalos (keep in mind, you're only counting pokemon in the Kalos Dex, there are still National only pokemon available in Friend Safari and Fossils in Glittering Cave via Rock Smash):

Rattata - Ratticate
    Meowth - Persian
    Koffing - Weezing
    Porygon - Porygon2 - PorygonZ
    Misdrevous - Mismagius
    Stantler
    Slakoth - Vigoroth - Slaking
    Baltoy - Claydol
    Feebas - Milotic
    Castform
    Kricketot - Kricketune
    Cherubi - Cherim
    Buneary - Lopunny
    Glameow - Purrugly
    Finneon - Lumineon
    Cottonee - Whimsicott
    Darumaka - Darmanitan
    Yamask - Cofagrigus
    Frillish - Jellicent
    Tynamo - Eelektrik - Eelektross
    Elgyem - Beheeyem
    Bouffalant

(So 22 lines are all you need to get in order to get the full 44 missing breedable pokemon)

And for legendaries there are only
    Unown (I know, not actually legendary, but they're not breedable so they went here)
    Mew
    Enetei
    Raikou
    Suicune
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    (Celebi if you didn't get Pokebank)
    Regirock
    Regice
    REgisteel
    Kyogre
    Groudon
    Rayquaza
    Latios
    Latias
    Deoxys
    Jirachi
    Uxie
    Mesprit
    Azelf
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Giratina
    Heatran
    Regigigas
    Cresselia
    Darkrai
    Arceus
    Shaymin
    Tornadus
    Thundurus
    Landorus
    Reshiram
    Zekrom
    Kyurem
    Meloetta
    Victini
    (And kinda Diancie if you don't get it right now, but it is currently available)

So that brings that up (including the not required event pokemon) to 39 so there's not 241 pokemon you need to complete the dex, there's only 61 total pokemon lines you need to get access to. (And if you don't want to breed or evolve, then there's 83 separate pokemon you need to get.) And that's TOTAL, including the event legendaries that you don't actually need at all. Way, WAY less than 241.

Last edited:

Candy

Years
  • Okay I would REALLY have to question those figures, there's only 22 lines of breedable pokemon not available in Kalos (keep in mind, you're only counting pokemon in the Kalos Dex, there are still National only pokemon available in Friend Safari and Fossils in Glittering Cave via Rock Smash):

-snip-

So that brings that up (including the not required event pokemon) to 39 so there's not 241 pokemon you need to complete the dex, there's only 61 total pokemon lines you need to get access to. (And if you don't want to breed or evolve, then there's 83 separate pokemon you need to get.) And that's TOTAL, including the event legendaries that you don't actually need at all. Way, WAY less than 241.

True, but aside from said fossil Pokemon, the only way to get the rest of them that are available without the need of Pokebank would be through the Friend Safaris, and as we all know Friend Safaris requires one to register FCs. Can't get the Friend Safaris? Off to the GTS/Trade Corner you go.

I mean, sure Friend Safaris increase the amount of Pokemon encountered in the post-game, but hey, it all depends on the FCs you've collected. My Friend Safari was actually useless when I started to search for dex entries, since I had no one registered in my Friend List yet.

I forgot to mention that I'm merely speaking the availability of Pokemon in the Kalos dex alone. 451 is a whopping lot for a regional dex. If one has 2 3DS and a copy of both Pokemon X and Y, after including the post-game fossils and without counting the Friend Safaris, the maximum amount of Pokemon that one can get without using the Pokebank/GTS is 467, which is the 451 available at the Kalos dex plus the extra 8 lines of fossil Pokemon available post-game.

And since the Pokebank-only Pokemon have already been bred like bunnies since Pokebanks initial release, they're actually quite easy to find now.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    True, but aside from said fossil Pokemon, the only way to get the rest of them that are available without the need of Pokebank would be through the Friend Safaris, and as we all know Friend Safaris requires one to register FCs. Can't get the Friend Safaris? Off to the GTS/Trade Corner you go.

I mean, sure Friend Safaris increase the amount of Pokemon encountered in the post-game, but hey, it all depends on the FCs you've collected. My Friend Safari was actually useless when I started to search for dex entries, since I had no one registered in my Friend List yet.

I forgot to mention that I'm merely speaking the availability of Pokemon in the Kalos dex alone. 451 is a whopping lot for a regional dex. If one has 2 3DS and a copy of both Pokemon X and Y, after including the post-game fossils and without counting the Friend Safaris, the maximum amount of Pokemon that one can get without using the Pokebank/GTS is 467, which is the 451 available at the Kalos dex plus the extra 8 lines of fossil Pokemon available post-game.

And since the Pokebank-only Pokemon have already been bred like bunnies since Pokebanks initial release, they're actually quite easy to find now.

But if you're on this site, you have access to any and all friend safaris, so it's a moot point (and in fact, is much easier to get friend codes than it is to find someone to trade you the specific pokemon you're looking for). By your logic, you also need to deduct all the trade evolution pokemon evolutions, pokemon not available in your version and not all fossil pokemon are available in both versions either because they all also need friends in order to get.

Candy

Years
  • But if you're on this site, you have access to any and all friend safaris, so it's a moot point (and in fact, is much easier to get friend codes than it is to find someone to trade you the specific pokemon you're looking for). By your logic, you also need to deduct all the trade evolution pokemon evolutions, pokemon not available in your version and not all fossil pokemon are available in both versions either because they all also need friends in order to get.

Candela said:
    If one has 2 3DS and a copy of both Pokemon X and Y, after including the post-game fossils and without counting the Friend Safaris, the maximum amount of Pokemon that one can get without using the Pokebank/GTS is 467, which is the 451 available at the Kalos dex plus the extra 8 lines of fossil Pokemon available post-game.

At least, this point stands out if you're a loner. I can always deduct one of the legendary birds from the available Pokemon list if you want. :>

In any case, if we want to bring out the totals for each scenario:
    Pokemon available with only one version without trading or FCs: 420
    That amount is after deducting exclusives (20), trade evolutions (16 (19 actually, but this is not including version exclusives (Slurpuff/Aromatisse and Gorebyss/Huntail. Yes, they're exclusive. You can catch them. Go check yourself) and the available Steelix from an ingame trade), the two unavailable legendary birds (2) and the unavailable starter lines (9).

Pokemon available with both versions and 2 3DS without FCs from other 3DSes: 447 (-4 for the missing legendary bird and the missing Kanto starter line)

Pokemon available within XY itself (including FS): 636

Also, if any of these numbers are inaccurate, forgive me 'cause it's already 1 AM over here.

Years
  • Hello!

I am new here so glad to see there is a nice forum online for Pokemon!

I have a question and I can't seem to find any answer about it online. I spoke to an NPC name "Farris" in Cyllage City, he offered to trade a Steelix for a Luvdisc. At the time, I did not have a Luvdisc. After obtaining one, when I returned to the Pokemon Center, Farris was no longer there.

Did I miss my opportunity to get the Steelix, or will Farris reappear again at another time? Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate it!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hello!

I am new here so glad to see there is a nice forum online for Pokemon!

I have a question and I can't seem to find any answer about it online. I spoke to an NPC name "Farris" in Cyllage City, he offered to trade a Steelix for a Luvdisc. At the time, I did not have a Luvdisc. After obtaining one, when I returned to the Pokemon Center, Farris was no longer there.

Did I miss my opportunity to get the Steelix, or will Farris reappear again at another time? Not sure if anyone knows the answer to this.

Thank you in advance, I appreciate it!

Are you sure you talked to the right person in the Cyllage Pokemon Center? He has the model of an Ace Trainer.

Years
  • Are you sure you talked to the right person in the Cyllage Pokemon Center? He has the model of an Ace Trainer.

Edit:

So after coffee #3, I realized I was back in Ambrette town and needed to travel to Cyllage City. Farris was there. Derp derp derp! Thank you for replying and helping anyways! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    ok my question is in order to recieve the oval charm is it needed to capture all kalos pokemon or just see them and can i see all kalos pokemon by just battling every trainer

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back