• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • So I'm breeding a Ferroseed now and it's moveset needs to be planned since 2 - 3 of the moves will need to be bred onto it, but I am going to be running the following

Held item: Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Moves: Gyro Ball, Power Whip, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Leech Seed

So as you can see, I'm having trouble getting rid of one move, so which is better, Spikes or Stealth Rock (since Spikes stacks, but Stealth Rock takes type affinity into account) OR should I get rid of Leech Seed and keep both Spikes and Stealth Rock? Thanks!

To add to what Zekrom said, here's the ideal Ferrothorn set. Leech Seed is a necessity on Ferrothorn (Ferroseed is its pre-evolved form), as it lacks other recovery options outside of Leftovers, which should be used as the item:
    -Stealth Rock/Spikes
    -Leech Seed
    -Gyro Ball/Power Whip
    -Protect/Power Whip/Thunder Wave
    Nature: Relaxed
    EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Iron Barbs

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Having two hazards on the same Pokemon is kinda unnecessary. Unless you're running a defensive/stall team, usually only one hazard is needed. Stealth Rocks is the better one because nothing is immune to it (flyers and pokes with Levitate are fairly common) and it rips huge chunks of health out of common things like Charizard, Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, etc.

Ah okay, that makes sense.

Rahaste

yup
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Need help for Masuda method

Hi guys! I'm doing the Masuda method and I'm hoping I'm not doing it wrong. (Overuse of I'm :P)

I have:

Japanese Azumarill

Random wild ditto from hidden village (caught myself)

I need to know if I'm doing it wrong so I don't pour another 30 mins to hatch 20 eggs.
    Have a nice day guys!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    As long as one of the parents is from another country, then yes, you're good to go to do the Masuda Method. ;)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So according to the corocoro pictures, does that mean the only legendaries not available between X, Y and ORAS are Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, (kinda Celebi if you didn't get poke bank when it came out), Jirachi, Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta and Victini?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So according to the corocoro pictures, does that mean the only legendaries not available between X, Y and ORAS are Mew, Ho-Oh, Lugia, (kinda Celebi if you didn't get poke bank when it came out), Jirachi, Manaphy, Darkrai, Arceus, Shaymin, Keldeo, Genesect, Meloetta and Victini?
    Ho-oh and Lugia are supposed to appear in ORAS as well, but yeah, the rest of those don't seem to have an in-game appearance in either X/Y or ORAS. Though those are all the Pokemon that have always been event only.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So what are all the moves that require a pokemon to be poisoned first? I know there's Venoshock and Venom Drench, but are there any others? (I'm not counting hex specifically because it can be used with any status ailment)

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • So what are all the moves that require a pokemon to be poisoned first? I know there's Venoshock and Venom Drench, but are there any others? (I'm not counting hex specifically because it can be used with any status ailment)

Venoshock and Venom Drench are the only moves that require or have bonuses when the target is poisoned.

creepin_reaper

Off My Rocker
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2015
    Pokeradar help?

Sorry If I'm posting this in the wrong place :(

Anyways I just got the pokeradar and it won't let me use it at all. I'm not on skates just walking normally. I keel getting the box pop up that says something along the lines of "there is a time and place for this". What am I doing wrong???

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2019
    Where are you are you on grass

It wont work anywhere except grass and flowers it wont work on tall grass either

Years
  • Don't use the rollerskates or bicycle while chaining because it breaks your chain, and also remember the Poke Radar won't work in the really tall grass on Route 6 and Route 16. It'll still work in normal grass and flowered grass in other areas though.

I'm assuming based on the message you're getting that you're not in a grassy area.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Pokemon like Mew and Celebi can't be legit shiny, but what about Jirachi? Is it possible to be legit shiny from an event?
    There was an event in Japan a couple of months ago where they were distributing Shiny Jirachis, and there's also going to be another Shiny Jirachi distribution in Japan starting in December.

I've also heard that while they were supposed to be shiny-locked, Wishmaker Jirachis from the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc could in fact be shiny on occasion.

Years
  • There was an event in Japan a couple of months ago where they were distributing Shiny Jirachis, and there's also going to be another Shiny Jirachi distribution in Japan starting in December.

I've also heard that while they were supposed to be shiny-locked, Wishmaker Jirachis from the Pokemon Colosseum bonus disc could in fact be shiny on occasion.

It is Kalos Born, date 1 August 2014, Hardy nature, Cherish Ball, from PC Tohoku, got a Classic Ribbon, from a japanse name with ID 08014 (Jirachi itself had english name and tag)
    Moves; Zen Headbutt, Cosmic Power, Thunder and Moonblast.
    Do you perhaps know if it is legit or not?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It is Kalos Born, date 1 August 2014, Hardy nature, Cherish Ball, from PC Tohoku, got a Classic Ribbon, from a japanse name with ID 08014 (Jirachi itself had english name and tag)
    Moves; Zen Headbutt, Cosmic Power, Thunder and Moonblast.
    Do you perhaps know if it is legit or not?
    Most of that sounds legit to me, but shouldn't it be "ジラーチ" instead of "Jirachi" and have a Japanese tag? The event was Japan-only.

I think you'll wanna ask about it in the Trade Corner, specifically in this thread, just to make sure. They know more about this than me.

Dungjow

Everything's Everything
    Years
  • To bank or not to Bank...

Hello friends. So this will be my second post, and I have a burning question. Let me set the scene for you. I haven't played Pokemon since Red Blue and Yellow. I have quite the collection of Pokemon now on X and I have ended up selling off a lot of key items for Pokeballs. Dumb, right? I've made quite a few trades to make my PokeDex much larger then just catching them myself. So here's the question. I'm unsure if some of the Pokemon I've obtained through trade (that are valuable to me) are or are not cloned. I'd like to transfer my Pokemon to the bank and restart my game. Would I lose my Pokemon if they are cloned or generated in any other way rather than breeding or caught/gifted? Thank you for your time and your feedback.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • You wont lose your Pokemon, cloned or not. As long as you can deposit them to PokeBank, they should be good.

I store cloned Pokemon in PokeBank for safe keeping frequently, actually.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I know I'll lose my items, but will I be able to transfer them back over once I've restarted my game?
    I moved your question into the X/Y Q&A thread.

But to answer your questions, yes PokeBank does allow cloned Pokemon. It seems to allow most Pokemon through that aren't more obviously hacked (like a shiny Mew, a Spiritomb with Wonder Guard, a Zekrom caught on Route 1, etc). I once sent up a Hydreigon and a Vaporeon that were created via PokeGen and they made it through fine.

And yes, you can transfer back your Pokemon once you've restarted the game.

Dungjow

Everything's Everything
    Years
  • Thank you! I tried moving (deleting and reposting when I found the Q&A section) No such luck on my end.I just went for it this morning. And I had no problem except I forgot my ditto in the day care. I'm a reckless trainer.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back