• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    You might be on to something. Gen 7 should bring another reboot like Gen III and V did so changing the increasingly stale formula for Gen VII makes sense (hopefully more than two mentioned did). Perhaps Z will be the end of the old formula and the start of the new (Omega and Alpha) one.
    being completly honest, if they did it the same way again(blocking items & all pokemon) i'd hate it. i already hate that they are so hell bent on blocking items from everything they can.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • One of the things that made me think of the "be-all-end-all" idea for "Z" is that you can obtain all 700+ Pokémon in ORAS. With that many 'mons being obtainable before the end of a Generation, what else are they going to do other than a revamped Kalos? The only different thing that I can think of is the hypothetical Southern Kalos with 70-something new Pokémon idea that has been floating around the fandom. I really like that idea, and I'm willing to keep an open mind to that option. People have argued that won't happen unless it's a brand-new Generation, but people used to argue that Game Freak would NEVER make two Generations for a single handheld console... but then we got Gen IV and V on the DS instead of Gen V being on the 3DS.

On a side-note, I really hope they give us a good post-game that's on par or surpasses the Delta Episode in ORAS.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Yeah, odd number generations are notably for sharing one thing: reboot. RS temporarily wiped out the existence of old Pokémon like Jynx, Electabuzz Magmar and so on. Old Pokémon from Gen I and II can't be traded to Gen III, which received a backlash from the monochrome generation fans. BW did almost the same thing, except we can get back our old partners through PokéTransfer during post-game.

I can see Gen 7 having a reboot again, not as big as Gen III, perhap something bigger than Gen V?

Hence Gen 7 instead of Gen VII, to completely separate it from its predecessors.

If you mean the trading limitation between XY and OrAs. I can see that becoming a trend, that's not to say I like it nor supportive of it. In fact I hate it too, but what can we really do about it? *shrugs*

Yes, I noticed how all Pokémon can be obtained without the help of Gen III to V games as well. That happens when they are wrapping up a generation. So it might be possible that our new game is going to be a Gen 7 game, this is also supported by the change with a Japanese Pokémon Variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV, which is to be replaced by a new variety show. And also supported by the green blob, if it's a new Pokémon.

A Gen 6.5 is not impossible, though I prefer if the other 70 were introduced before ORAS. As it doesn't feel right to introduce new Pokémon at the end of a generation.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Perhaps the next games will be part of Gen VII like I mentioned earlier on here. The current variety show is ending and the shows tend to end when a Gen in Japan is about done. The Gen IV focused one came out in 2004 around the time Emerald was out while. The Gen IV one ended after HgSs, and Pokémon Smash gave way to Pokémon Get ☆ TV after B2W2...

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    honestly, i'd rather have a main series game set in the orre region at about the same time as the events of XYB2W2, so about 5 or so years after xd gale of darkness.
    it would also be nice to see an Micheal in his teens & Wes apearing in his 20s-30s as well as some better confirmation of years gone by between the games.
    we know it currently go's like this
    gen 1 & 3
    Colosseum & the first pokemon ranger somewhere in the 2 year gap
    gen 2 & 4, the next 2 ranger games shadows of amnia & guardian signs
    about 2 years after gen 2&4(5 years after Colosseum) xd gale of darkness occurs
    a few years after gen 2&4, the first half of gen 5 happens
    2 years after that, B2W2X&Y occurs.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    In ORAS , Steven mention a Boy with Black Charizard helping him ! But The Anime event can't be canon in Game since it will create a plot-hole in timeline.
    So , What if Alain appear in the 3rd game as a NPC ???

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure if they'll consider changing their main formula throughout middle of a generation like this. I feel it'd make more sense if they were to do it somewhere at the beginning.

Juice585

M'Ampharos
    Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2016
    Reading through this thread for the first time,

- I like the "Z/W" theory. But with White already being "W", will GF really head that way?
    - I don't like the sound of X2/Y2, but I think they'll do that before just one Z. Why? Money. We'll buy two versions instead of one.
    - I think one will have a Primal Zygarde (with "Larry" being a big part of it) and the other a Mega Zygarde. No reason, just personal hunch. Need something to justify two versions other than money grab.
    - Where does Hoopa fit in? I have no idea. Maybe Zygarde's job is to balance the overabundance of legendaries Hoopa brings in?
    - Still think Kalos/Hoenn are connected, but also doubt that GF would go back to the Hoenn well AGAIN after the remakes. So I don't know.
    - No new Pokemon for these games, except additional megas (Kalos starters obviously, then what?)
    - I still hope for a late February release
    - Then a "reboot" for Gen 7 with some of the ideas being bandied about.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I guess it's time to start bracing ourselves for the next 7 days. *hype train intensifies*

If anybody doesn't know what's supposed to be covered or forgot, they're supposed to reveal details about Blob-mon and the huge shadow Pokémon, and their relation to the anime. Not sure if Serebii was referring to the main anime or the Mega Evolution Special 4 on that, but I'm pretty sure they were referring to the latter since Blob and Zygarde are set to appear in it.

shadowmoon522

Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    In ORAS , Steven mention a Boy with Black Charizard helping him ! But The Anime event can't be canon in Game since it will create a plot-hole in timeline.
    So , What if Alain appear in the 3rd game as a NPC ???
    he said black charizard, not black mega charizard x indicating that its was a shiny charizard but was worded to reference the mega evolution specials. kinda like the portal reference that was used law of talos tounament
    lot__round_1_page_2_by_shikakusuika.png

Years
  • I guess it's time to start bracing ourselves for the next 7 days. *hype train intensifies*

If anybody doesn't know what's supposed to be covered or forgot, they're supposed to reveal details about Blob-mon and the huge shadow Pokémon, and their relation to the anime. Not sure if Serebii was referring to the main anime or the Mega Evolution Special 4 on that, but I'm pretty sure they were referring to the latter since Blob and Zygarde are set to appear in it.

It sure is.

I also think he was referring to MS4, as the main anime's link would imply Movie details... and it's a bit early to get much details (other than what episodes leading to the movie have to offer).

Years
  • I'm thinking they're going to wait till fall/winter to announce the next game. Kinda like with Platinum, how we knew about Giratina's new form prior to the announcement.

It would go like: September- revelation of what exactly the blob is, and mega-zygarde or w/e
    Late Oct- Mega Evolution ACV IV airs, and maybe the same day or week they anonunce the games.

My expectations are pretty much just Kalos + some new areas + new mega's + maybe a battle frontier or something. I've learned to not get my hopes up when it comes to GF but I do hope the surprise us. On the topic of gen 7, I have no doubt it'll be an interesting turn for the franchise, for better or for worse. I do think it'll be a "soft-reboot" in the same sense gen 3 and gen 5 were, but at this point it's hard to tell since GF likes to break tradition left and right.

I'm liking that things are picking up in terms of discussion/rumors/hype etc among the fanbase now that we're getting closer to the announcement.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

Well that's what GF wants from us, money. Who knows they might make 3 versions at once some day in the future. {XD}

Hoopa? Well its role has been explored in ORAS and it has nothing to fit in but that Prison Bottle. *shot dead for the joke* But yeah, it appears to be an individual kind like VIctini, Meloetta.

Actually Masuda has explicitly said he's thinking of a way to tie up the Kalos and Hoenn saga. But who knows how he's gonna do it? Prolly with a Destiny Knot?

February is a perfect time for a new release, doesn't matter if it's specially made for the 20th Anni or not. The fact that February's our anni I'm sure it's gonna help boosting the sales.

I'm thinking they're going to wait till fall/winter to announce the next game. Kinda like with Platinum, how we knew about Giratina's new form prior to the announcement.

It would go like: September- revelation of what exactly the blob is, and mega-zygarde or w/e
    Late Oct- Mega Evolution ACV IV airs, and maybe the same day or week they anonunce the games.

My expectations are pretty much just Kalos + some new areas + new mega's + maybe a battle frontier or something. I've learned to not get my hopes up when it comes to GF but I do hope the surprise us. On the topic of gen 7, I have no doubt it'll be an interesting turn for the franchise, for better or for worse. I do think it'll be a "soft-reboot" in the same sense gen 3 and gen 5 were, but at this point it's hard to tell since GF likes to break tradition left and right.

I'm liking that things are picking up in terms of discussion/rumors/hype etc among the fanbase now that we're getting closer to the announcement.

Same here.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Well that's what GF wants from us, money. Who knows they might make 3 versions at once some day in the future. {XD}

Hoopa? Well its role has been explored in ORAS and it has nothing to fit in but that Prison Bottle. *shot dead for the joke* But yeah, it appears to be an individual kind like VIctini, Meloetta.

Actually Masuda has explicitly said he's thinking of a way to tie up the Kalos and Hoenn saga. But who knows how he's gonna do it? Prolly with a Destiny Knot?

February is a perfect time for a new release, doesn't matter if it's specially made for the 20th Anni or not. The fact that February's our anni I'm sure it's gonna help boosting the sales.

Same here.

Thank you guys for sharing your thoughts and opinions, I like reading it!:) I don't think they r gonna introduce a new gen so soon but I do however tend to think we're gonna get the southern kalos area+ maybe more pokemon

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I suppose it's quite a crackpot theory but I do really like the idea of them adding another 72 or so new Pokemon (this batch could have a new legendary trio that is so far missing in Kalos) in the third version for this generation. Sort of like a 6.5 gen. It's something that would definitely catch fans by surprise and would be out of the ordinary. I feel like the idea does have some weight to it though, after all Zygarde is likely to be the mascot for these games and its X pokedex entry states:

"When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power."

As most of us probably know, ecosystem refers to a community of living organisms. (fauna/flora etc) It's possible this might be the plotline for these games, the Kalos ecosystem falls into disarray. Zygarde gets upset and possibly lashes out at those who destroyed the ecosystem. Then unleashes it's secret power. If an ecosystem falls into disarray in real life, attempts might be made to introduce new species to balance it. (although I can't say I know much about this subject)

I actually had another theory that Zygarde would create numerous green blob guys and they would transform their DNA permanently into Pokemon species that perished during the war. So Zygarde would have a sort of natural DNA bank within its body. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_bank)

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I suppose it's quite a crackpot theory but I do really like the idea of them adding another 72 or so new Pokemon (this batch could have a new legendary trio that is so far missing in Kalos) in the third version for this generation. Sort of like a 6.5 gen. It's something that would definitely catch fans by surprise and would be out of the ordinary. I feel like the idea does have some weight to it though, after all Zygarde is likely to be the mascot for these games and its X pokedex entry states:

"When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power."

As most of us probably know, ecosystem refers to a community of living organisms. (fauna/flora etc) It's possible this might be the plotline for these games, the Kalos ecosystem falls into disarray. Zygarde gets upset and possibly lashes out at those who destroyed the ecosystem. Then unleashes it's secret power. If an ecosystem falls into disarray in real life, attempts might be made to introduce new species to balance it. (although I can't say I know much about this subject)

I actually had another theory that Zygarde would create numerous green blob guys and they would transform their DNA permanently into Pokemon species that perished during the war. So Zygarde would have a sort of natural DNA bank within its body. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DNA_bank)

This is a really interesting theory, especially because the symbol associated with Mega-Evolution is a DNA double-helix.

There's another theory that I've seen floating around suggesting that Zygarde is closely tied to Infinite Energy. I mean, he might as well be because of two things: Sycamore hypothesizes that Mega-Evolution, the Ultimate Weapon, Xerneas and Yveltal, and the Anistar Sundial all share the same energy signature. The other thing is that Mr. Stone dubs this same energy as Infinite Energy, a Force-like power that resonates from Pokemon. And yet another theory tying into all of this I've seen floating around is that the "imbalance" in Kalos' ecosystem warranting a Zygarde intervention would be either too many Mega-Evolutions/too much Infinite Energy, or too little Megas/Infinite Energy.

Years
  • I suppose it's quite a crackpot theory but I do really like the idea of them adding another 72 or so new Pokemon (this batch could have a new legendary trio that is so far missing in Kalos) in the third version for this generation. Sort of like a 6.5 gen. It's something that would definitely catch fans by surprise and would be out of the ordinary. I feel like the idea does have some weight to it though, after all Zygarde is likely to be the mascot for these games and its X pokedex entry states:

Remember how all those mons that once vanished were brought back to Hoenn after we defeated/captured the Ancient Pokemon? Well a green light came out of Origin Cave and brought about more nature, there were more flowers in Sootopolis (even on roof tops there was grass). Afterwards the Professor called to inform us that species that used to live in Hoenn in the ancient past returned.
    Now keep in mind that AZ killed a lot of Pokemon to make the Ancient Weapon, yet Kalos has a lot of diversity unlike Hoenn (pre-return of the other species), it is possible that he killed off whole species that we no longer see in XY. Zygarde could unleash another blast that restores them back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back