• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Remember how all those mons that once vanished were brought back to Hoenn after we defeated/captured the Ancient Pokemon? Well a green light came out of Origin Cave and brought about more nature, there were more flowers in Sootopolis (even on roof tops there was grass). Afterwards the Professor called to inform us that species that used to live in Hoenn in the ancient past returned.
    Now keep in mind that AZ killed a lot of Pokemon to make the Ancient Weapon, yet Kalos has a lot of diversity unlike Hoenn (pre-return of the other species), it is possible that he killed off whole species that we no longer see in XY. Zygarde could unleash another blast that restores them back.

You're saying that the Pokemon appearing after us catching the Ancient Pokemon is the result of zygrade's work in some sort? Is this official or something? Never thought of that

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • You're saying that the Pokemon appearing after us catching the Ancient Pokemon is the result of zygrade's work in some sort? Is this official or something? Never thought of that
    It isn't confirmed that Zygarde is behind it, but the connection between the Cave of Origin and the Pokemon that appear after are mentioned in game by the Professor or May/Brendan irc. The light could also be linked to Rayquaza though, but something tells me that it's connected to Zygarde considering the impact it had on the environment or the power that the Cave produces is similar to what Zygarde probably produces. It is also interesting how the light fell like arrows.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    You're saying that the Pokemon appearing after us catching the Ancient Pokemon is the result of zygrade's work in some sort? Is this official or something? Never thought of that

I think Professor Birch has made a remark on the non-natives appearing in the Hoenn region. I can't recall the exact words though.

It isn't confirmed that Zygarde is behind it, but the connection between the Cave of Origin and the Pokemon that appear after are mentioned in game by the Professor or May/Brendan irc. The light could also be linked to Rayquaza though, but something tells me that it's connected to Zygarde considering the impact it had on the environment or the power that the Cave produces is similar to what Zygarde probably produces. It is also interesting how the light fell like arrows.
    I think your theory on Zygarde's correct. Despite Rayquaza seems to be like the one behind the restoration since the green dragon is part of the Hoenn mythology, but that couldn't be the case. Rayquaza can stop Kyogre and Groudon from fighting, but it has never been said that Rayquaza has the ability to restore, to heal. Zygarde on the other hand, is still a mystery. One thing's for sure -- it appeared when Kalos' ecosystem was messed up, meaning it might have the ability to actually restore and heal the endangered region or perhaps an entire planet.

It's interesting to note that there was no Sinjoh Ruins or similar location/element that strongly ties the Kalos and Hoenn region, as if they purposely left that kinda element. Who knows, we might see a place or an item that can tie the two said regions.

You mentioned flower, could it be that? Hmm... I might be thinking to much.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I'm thinking that the green light is Infinite Energy in its pure form. IIRC, we see a similar green pillar of light appear out of the ocean when Team Aqua/Magma penetrate the Sealed Chamber. I'd have to re-read through some dialogue again, but I believe that the "seal" was stated to have been made out of Infinite Energy that Rayquaza had produced from its powers to lock away Kyogre/Groudon, as that anything made out of Infinte Energy was the only thing strong enough to contain those Pokémon. Also, the drill that the Teams used to break open the seal was also made out of Infinite Energy produced by Devon Corp, because again, the only thing powerful enough to break that seal was something made out of that same energy.

You know what else we've seen recently that produces a "green light"? Blob-mon in the Mega Evolution Special 4 teaser. What if those little "green lights" that fell to Hoenn to bring back those lost species and the flower stuff were multiple Blob-mons? In the teaser, we see what appears to be the Blob-mons being held in a barren landscape-setup by some scientists. With the theory of Zygarde being related to Infinite Energy and everything else that I've brought up in this post, my theory regarding that scene is that the scientists are trying to force Blob-mons to recreate a living ecosystem. Which then brings me to this:

What if in a "Z" or a "YZ and XZ" scenario, Team Flare attempts to use Xerneas/Yveltal to power the weapon, while they try to use Zygarde to re-produce the "perfect" world with brand-new ecosystem and everything?

Years
  • I'm thinking that the green light is Infinite Energy in its pure form. IIRC, we see a similar green pillar of light appear out of the ocean when Team Aqua/Magma penetrate the Sealed Chamber. I'd have to re-read through some dialogue again, but I believe that the "seal" was stated to have been made out of Infinite Energy that Rayquaza had produced from its powers to lock away Kyogre/Groudon, as that anything made out of Infinte Energy was the only thing strong enough to contain those Pokémon. Also, the drill that the Teams used to break open the seal was also made out of Infinite Energy produced by Devon Corp, because again, the only thing powerful enough to break that seal was something made out of that same energy.

You know what else we've seen recently that produces a "green light"? Blob-mon in the Mega Evolution Special 4 teaser. What if those little "green lights" that fell to Hoenn to bring back those lost species and the flower stuff were multiple Blob-mons? In the teaser, we see what appears to be the Blob-mons being held in a barren landscape-setup by some scientists. With the theory of Zygarde being related to Infinite Energy and everything else that I've brought up in this post, my theory regarding that scene is that the scientists are trying to force Blob-mons to recreate a living ecosystem. Which then brings me to this:

What if in a "Z" or a "YZ and XZ" scenario, Team Flare attempts to use Xerneas/Yveltal to power the weapon, while they try to use Zygarde to re-produce the "perfect" world with brand-new ecosystem and everything?

I too believe (and I think I've also stated in the past) that Zygarde produces some kind of energy inside it's body (Infinite Energy being the most likely case). I also think that the Infinite Energy from the Earth's core is what caused the meteorite to have power like that of a Mega Stone. I have a theory that the Energy from the earth's core is linked to Zygarde and the Natural Energy (I think IE is a more concentrated form of NE) that leaked out when the meteor struck Hoenn in the past.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that the green pillar of light only appears once in ORAS, and it's when Team Aqua/Magma breaks the seal on the Seafloor Cavern, not later in the game. So I'm sure that the light's related to Rayquaza, who has the power to stop Groudon and Kyogre and so can probably seal them away too (as well as overpower them).

Years
  • Yeah I'm pretty sure that the green pillar of light only appears once in ORAS, and it's when Team Aqua/Magma breaks the seal on the Seafloor Cavern, not later in the game. So I'm sure that the light's related to Rayquaza, who has the power to stop Groudon and Kyogre and so can probably seal them away too (as well as overpower them).

The Pillar does, but green sparks fall over Hoenn when you defeat/capture the mascot, the latter is what I meant by 'Green Light'. The Pillar is likely Rayquaza's doing, but the sparks are likely connected to Zygarde somehow (or are similar to the energy Zygarde likely produces).

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • Going with Zygarde as the plot-relevant/version mascot legendary (also, I hope they go with XZ and YZ for names or XYZ for a singular addition), I think Team Flare should make a comeback as either trying to stop Zygarde from reviving extinct Pokemon (though that sounds fishy. Would that technically make them a different subspecies, like Fossil Pokemon?) or try to control Zygarde's eco-restoration to shape Pokemon as a whole to fit their wishes (sounds more like what they would do). Hopefully, we'll see Essentia return in some way (RIVAL? Or new Lumiose Gym Leader?).

If I were to write an Z version myself, I'd tie it in directly to the XY postgame. I'd have Zygarde restore some Pokemon or affect Kalo's ecosystem between the events of XY and Z. A change I'd bring to the game system formula is to have the Pokedex filled (at least mostly, leave out the Legendaries perhaps?) except for the restored Pokemon. Professor Sycamore -aided by a reformed Xerosic and Trevor- tasks the new player and main rival with filling the Pokedex with information on the restored Pokemon to find out how they were brought back. During the quest, they find out that Team Flare is back, now led by Malva, and wishes to use Zygarde to control the world's ecosystem to fit their views, probably by rebuilding and reformatting the Ultimate Weapon. I'd add a second rival a la Silver with their own intentions against Team Flare (Anybody else miss douche rivals?). I'd have Emma as Lumiose City's new Gym Leader either as Essentia or have the Essentia armor be stolen, probably by the second rival (now that I think about it, it'd be a nice twist to have the second rival be Essentia with the armor stolen from Emma and have the true identity be a mystery). I think Sina and Dexio would show up again somehow (Double-Battle Gym Leaders?).

Zygarde's pre-story eco-restoration would debut some new Pokemon as well as new Mega-Evolutions, but after foiling Team nuFlare, Zygarde finishes the process and restores the rest of the Pokemon we hope GameFreak would add.

That way, we'd have a revamped Kalos (probably unlocked Southern Kalos with a previous area now inaccessible and some of the areas with a different environment), an actual sequel like B2W2 and if Gen7 does become a reboot, Z would both function as a nice transition into it and close off the current series nicely.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I kinda want it to be a sequel. Primarily because we never actually see Lysandre die. There is great potential for him to return scarred and immortal like the former king AZ. So long as it doesn't mimic Ghetsis' transition in B2W2 too much it could be a really dark and interesting plot line to explore.

Years
  • I kinda want it to be a sequel. Primarily because we never actually see Lysandre die. There is great potential for him to return scarred and immortal like the former king AZ. So long as it doesn't mimic Ghetsis' transition in B2W2 too much it could be a really dark and interesting plot line to explore.
    That would only work as a X sequel as Y had a death ray instead of a weapon that made one immortal. Maybe X and Y's sequels would get different story lines (more so than between B2 and W2)? The fate of Lysander is what makes me perfer a prequel ( a single prequel called Z where X and Y are diverging timelines of it) over a sequel. You know, if these games are to act as 20th anniversary games then there's a chance they could be in the same time as ORAS and the Gen VI version of Gen I's Kanto. The 'discovery' of Fairies could play a role in game.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • That would only work as a X sequel as Y had a death ray instead of a weapon that made one immortal. Maybe X and Y's sequels would get different story lines (more so than between B2 and W2)? The fate of Lysander is what makes me perfer a prequel ( a single prequel called Z where X and Y are diverging timelines of it) over a sequel. You know, if these games are to act as 20th anniversary games then there's a chance they could be in the same time as ORAS and the Gen VI version of Gen I's Kanto. The 'discovery' of Fairies could play a role in game.
    A prequel does seem a pretty viable option considering how many adult characters in the game seem to know each other. Your mom, Professor Sycamore and Lysandre could easily have a similar relationship to the group of friends in X/Y, and Diantha would be a younger up and coming actor serving as an Elite Four member. The only problem I see is what kind of antagonist could be in such a game? And then how do you explain newer megas that aren't in X/Y? Of course I am ever hopeful that when the last game(s) of Gen 6 come out they will patch all previous games to include the megas that are missing.

Years
  • A prequel does seem a pretty viable option considering how many adult characters in the game seem to know each other. Your mom, Professor Sycamore and Lysandre could easily have a similar relationship to the group of friends in X/Y, and Diantha would be a younger up and coming actor serving as an Elite Four member. The only problem I see is what kind of antagonist could be in such a game? And then how do you explain newer megas that aren't in X/Y? Of course I am ever hopeful that when the last game(s) of Gen 6 come out they will patch all previous games to include the megas that are missing.

Quoting my last response to the Mega Evolution/Stone issue:

Not finding certain Mega Evolutions or Stones in X/Y doesn't necessarily mean they didn't exist at all. Plus, if the third version does turn out to be a prequel, then that could possibly explain why they didn't find other Mega Stones in X/Y- the only copies of any Mega Stones exclusive to that game or from OR/AS had already been found.

Years
  • A prequel does seem a pretty viable option considering how many adult characters in the game seem to know each other. Your mom, Professor Sycamore and Lysandre could easily have a similar relationship to the group of friends in X/Y, and Diantha would be a younger up and coming actor serving as an Elite Four member. The only problem I see is what kind of antagonist could be in such a game? And then how do you explain newer megas that aren't in X/Y? Of course I am ever hopeful that when the last game(s) of Gen 6 come out they will patch all previous games to include the megas that are missing.
    There's a woman in Anistar who mentioned that some years ago another evil Team (she had brought up Flare earlier in the convo) came to town asking about the whereabouts of a legendary Pokémon. The Team could be the that was looking for the legendary (Zygarde is likely what they were after).

I too hope they can update (as patches are for fixing glitches) the games.

It's interesting to note that season 12 is going to drop the Pentagon only rule for ORAS likely they did with XY, could this be another hint of new games coming soon? (As ORAS will no longer be the newest they can now be treated as XY are).

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Actually Masuda has explicitly said he's thinking of a way to tie up the Kalos and Hoenn saga. But who knows how he's gonna do it? Prolly with a Destiny Knot?
    there's always the possibility that kalos is almost right next to the orre region separated by a mountain range.
    hoenn seems to have some kind of commerce with with kalos
    most of the pokemon in both orre region games where imported from johto & hoenn
    all of the wild pokemon in orre can be found in the wild in kalos, except phanpy, wooper & sandshrew
    it's possible that the wild phanpy, wooper & sanshrews might have always been in the area but not in that big of numbers til XD.
    Colosseum happen soon after the events of R/S/E/OR/AS
    over the course of the 5 years between Colosseum & XD the orre regions habitat became more filled with life
    if orre is next to kalos, then its possible that the reason orre became a wasteland to begin with might have been the ultimate weapon & the use of mega stones rising caused their energies to spread to lands near kalos, especially if we use x's legendary over y's:
    Legends say it can share eternal life. It slept for a thousand years in the form of a tree before its revival.
    When the horns on its head shine in seven different colors, it is said to be sharing everlasting life.
    there's a possibility to both ho-oh & xerneas might have some connection given that both of them have the power to bring back the dead, and are biased on eternal life & rainbows
    so it might also be possible that ho-oh at at least a few times perched upon xerneas(tree form) and got pollen stuck to its wings that eventually was used to bring back the 3 legendary beasts to life
    this might also mean ho-oh was vising the xerneas tree before heading over to the orre region & bearing witness to the events of Colosseum spreading xerneas pollen and giving the land new life & possibly reviving a few of the pokemon species that started showing up in the wild 5 years later
    we can further speculate that the pollen got mixed with the sand & later got hit by the radiation triggering a territory change & revivals
    if we exclude the first 3ed gen games counting them as a parallel universe, it's possible that both the orre region games are only connected to the hoenn in which looker washed up in with all the trading being done with cross-universe item trading.
    taking into account the state of affairs in orre its possible that mega evolution could exist right next to the orre region without it becoming a topic of commonplace due to the odds of getting a pokemon there, let alone a mega stone & keystone
    shadow pokemon might have been inspired by mega evolution to begin with.if cipher wanted to take over the world while knowing of the existence of pokemon to can mega evolve if the bonds are strong enough & if the trainer has both of the stones required, it would make sense for them to take the more mafia business stance on it & find a way to bring immense power in a pokemon without all the hassle & limitations.
    add this all together and we got the possibility of orre being the connection between hoenn & kalos
    then again there might be some underground region that lies right between hoenn & kalos that can only be accessed by two secret tunnels
    1) hidden in the back of the sea spirits den
    2)hidden underwater off the cost of everglade city
    wouldn't that be interesting, a tri region squeal to both x/y & or/as with a long lost region in the middle.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

This is an interesting idea. I doubt the possibility of spinoff getting directly involved with the main games, usually it's the spinoff games that do the mentions and stuff. :)

It's going to complicate the already complicated Kalos saga, which something that the Hoenn saga has already done.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    why can't we have a region from a spin off series become part of the main series? orre regions gotta be looking a lot different by the time of x&y regardless.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    why can't we have a region from a spin off series become part of the main series? orre regions gotta be looking a lot different by the time of x&y regardless.

While it's obvious, you can ask Game Freak for that! {XD} But yeah, your speculation is actually good and interesting. I like it a lot! ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back