• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters
Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I feel like if someone was actually going to catch a Skiddo in the upcoming episode they would have shown it in the preview where we saw Goomy? It seems almost strange that there have been outright no hints of a Skiddo being caught since normally there is some sort of hint before someone actually catches a Pokemon.

I still won't mind but yeah, it's actually fairly unlikely but as they already proved with Pancham someone can easily just catch one after its debut. And if someone does get a Skiddo well call me fairly surprised that they didn't hint at it a bit beforehand. Especially since this episode is airing before any episode with Goomy in it (which miight be after the Skiddo episode? Maybe? We'll see this Thursday I guess).

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    They will. Don't think it really matters much. It is nice to have a dragon that is more like Dragonite. Just weaker, but still friendly and looks cuteish.

Congrats , Ash's Goomy Confirmed --

Spoiler:

Anyway , I doubt if Goodra is any match for Dragonite Since Dragonite is fast and capable of flying which gave him Ariel advantage.
    Goodra probably the weakest Pseudo-Legendary So GF might make its Megevolution the strongest.
    I really hope to see Goodra megevolving to Dragon/Fairy Pokemon with a body like Milotic.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Yep. that just confirmed Goomey and Frogider. Woo for Ash! Just a little off on my prediction, but oh well. Thought it would be right after 4th gym, but it is right before it.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Japanese magazine, Pokémon Fan, has revealed another plethora of new Episode titles for upcoming episodes. These episodes are due to air on December 25th, January 8th, January 15th, January 22nd, January 29th, February 5th and February 12th.
    Episode 857: Malamar VS Inkay! A Bond That Saves the World
    Episode 858: The Weakest Dragon Ever! Enter Goomy!!
    Episode 859: Dedenne Does Its Best! All for Goomy!!
    Episode 860: Vanillite Panic! Left Cold by a Whiteout!!
    Episode 861: Coumarine Gym Match! Frogadier VS Gogoat!!
    Episode 862: Ash and Serena's First Date! The Vow Tree and the Present!
    Episode 863: Aim to Become Kalos Queen! Serena's Grand Debut!!

Until Next Time, See Ya

So these are interesting titles! Malmar vs inkay should be interesting. I guess TR has thejr inkay fight that evil malmar before or maybe they team up and save the world?Awesome that goomy is ash's! I guess that dedenne fights goomy or they become friends to help train each other? An episode about vanillite? That is cool but probably filler, although it be coo for someone to catch one? Frogadier vs gogoat for the bade should be interesting. But i wonder how he wins, if he does. Now this next one s interesting, Ash amd serena's first date! Now how this actually works should be interesting, do they actually go on a date or is it an episode about them and their past? And serena finally gets to debut which should be good. Maybe fenniken evolves there?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If that date is anything but a disaster I am going to be disappointed because Ash understanding love is a no-go thanks. ♥

BUT WHATEVER WHO CARES. GOOMY. GOOMY I'M SO HAPPY. IT'S SO CUTE AHHH

I'm really am glad though that they are giving Ash the 'weakest dragon Pokemon' because that is right up his alley: getting Pokemon that are deemed weak or useless and making powerhouses out of them. In fact Goomy is kind of taking the role of what his fire Pokemon usually has in a way (all of them having deemed, pathetic, useless, etc) which is neat and yet breathtaking because it's not the fire starter route for once. January 8th can't come any sooner hnnnng.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Well , It seem I was right about Ash catching a Bipedal Reptile in every series.
    There were 2 choice and writer chosen Goodra over Tyruntrum.
    Now the main question , If Goodra can become more successful then Tyruntrum Since Dinosaur are extremely popular among Kids and Tyruntrum is a real Dinosaur.
    Plus , There are Kids that are okay with slime But there are also Kids can't stand Slime So They might stop watching Pokemon because they might find Goodra to be gross.

Anyway , Goodra has high Special Defense So It might endure Powerful attack like "Hyper Beam" without taking any damage.

If that date is anything but a disaster I am going to be disappointed because Ash understanding love is a no-go thanks. ♥

I'm really am glad though that they are giving Ash the 'weakest dragon Pokemon' because that is right up his alley: getting Pokemon that are deemed weak or useless and making powerhouses out of them. In fact Goomy is kind of taking the role of what his fire Pokemon usually has in a way (all of them having deemed, pathetic, useless, etc) which is neat and yet breathtaking because it's not the fire starter route for once. January 8th can't come any sooner hnnnng.

I want Goodra to learn Flamethrower because it make him look cooler.
    Is it possible for Goodra to stretch its body like Jake (Adventure time) or Lufty (One Piece) Since Its body is made out of Goo .

OliveCopper

Captain of Olive Kappa
    Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2016
    With the newest episode airing in Japan, I am going to predict that Ash's Team will be as follows...

Pikachu
    Greninja
    Fletchling
    Hawlucha
    Sliggoo

That leaves 1 empty slot, therefore, Ash is gonna have to have a rotational team like in Unova. He's gonna have to catch a Fire-type and a Grass-type before taking on the Pokemon League. But there's no Pokemon of such types in the Kalos Dex that Ash doesn't already have that fits his team. And don't give me this "Fletchling evolves into a Fire-Type" stuff. Fletchling has not evolved, and it never will.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    With the newest episode airing in Japan, I am going to predict that Ash's Team will be as follows...

Pikachu
    Greninja
    Fletchling
    Hawlucha
    Sliggoo

That leaves 1 empty slot, therefore, Ash is gonna have to have a rotational team like in Unova. He's gonna have to catch a Fire-type and a Grass-type before taking on the Pokemon League. But there's no Pokemon of such types in the Kalos Dex that Ash doesn't already have that fits his team. And don't give me this "Fletchling evolves into a Fire-Type" stuff. Fletchling has not evolved, and it never will.

Wow. I can't tell whether you're ignorant, stubborn, a troll, or maybe even all of the above. I'm not even going to bother to tell you how flawed you are with your last two sentence other than "Fletchling evolves into a fire-type".<3

Anyways re:goodra I don't think it works like that. Goodra is slimy but it's not completely made out of slime like say ... muk. But hey we'll see.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Wow. I can't tell whether you're ignorant, stubborn, a troll, or maybe even all of the above. I'm not even going to bother to tell you how flawed you are with your last two sentence other than "Fletchling evolves into a fire-type".<3

Anyways re:goodra I don't think it works like that. Goodra is slimy but it's not completely made out of slime like say ... muk. But hey we'll see.

This might be a problem--

Spoiler:

If I were Goodra trainer then I won't let Goodra enter mine or anybodies House Because I don't to clean Goodra slime and anybody else will get mad if Goodra make their house dirty.
    Off course , Its an Anime So everybody might act like they doesn't care if their house get dirty by Goodra however that type of unrealistic behavior is what ruining the Anime.
    Hopefully Goodra can control its slime like how Trubbish can control its foul odors .

I wonder if Goodra can use its antenna to find people & Object like Brock's Mudkip. It will come handy .

Goodra seem flexible enough to dough move .
    I wonder if he will be like Snorlax who bounce all attack toward him.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • With the newest episode airing in Japan, I am going to predict that Ash's Team will be as follows...

Pikachu
    Greninja
    Fletchling
    Hawlucha
    Sliggoo

I am not sure what you are talking about, but Fletchling has evolved into Flechider which is part fire type. And ti has also been pretty much confirmed that Goomy will evetually evolve into Goodra.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I am not sure what you are talking about, but Fletchling has evolved into Flechider which is part fire type. And ti has also been pretty much confirmed that Goomy will evetually evolve into Goodra.

Anyway , I don't want Ash to catch a Skkido since he haven't caught a New type of Pokemon So I want him to catch the other 2 grass type since they are part Ghost type.

Off course , Ash can catch an Abomasnow and megevole it to Mega Abomasnow ! Since Mega Abomasnow is technically a Gen VI Pokemon from XY game.

In that Case , Ash can catch another new type Pokemon of Kalo as his 5th pokemon.
    I wondering if he should catch ---

--- A Klefki : Its cute and Ash will get both a fairy and Steel type Pokemon by catching this one Pokemon. It can open portal in the movie So It might handy in traveling during Post league Saga.

--- An Aegislesh : Ash will get a Steel & Ghost type by catching this Pokemon . Specially if It is talking Aegislesh that want Ash to take the path of a King and often argue when Ash refuge to act like a King.

--- A Carbink : A fairy type of that look like a floating rock Pokemon like Glalie . If Ash catch this pokemon then There will always be hope for Ash's Carbink to mutated into Diancie.

--- A Mewostic : A feline Psychic cat that Ash doesn't have . Its ''Kuudere'' personality might be a hit with Kids.

Make your Choice !!!

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Good that he finally getting another Pokemon, Goomy look really great, maybe he will get a Skiddo later on ii hope.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Ash's Frogadier learn Aerial ace upon evolving.
    Unfortunately , Aerial Ace was cool during AG series when User disappear right before striking So there was no way to defend or dough.
    But Now , it nothing more then a Tackle attack that can be dough very easily.
    Frogadier Movepool would be--

-Aerial Ace
    -Double Team
    -Water Pulse
    -Cut

You know ,
    Technically XY Megevolution are Gen VI Pokemon ! So Should we consider Mega Admasnow as Ash's potencial Gen Vi Grass type .
    Off Course , Mega Admasnow and Mega Charizard are too Beast-like.
    They fit much better as a secret weapon .
    As Main Character , Ash need a Mege evo that more humanoid Mascot like.
    3 Best choice for Ash Mega Evo would be--

448-m.png
    212-m.png
    475-m.png

Mega Lucario is out despite being Best choice ! If Ash catch a Scizor then he will get a steel type and finally have all 3 Red Pincer Pokemon in his collection.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I would love to see Ash to catch a Snover. It kinda matches him and I think it would make a great Christmas Styled episode that we haven't had in a while. Soon the anime will be entering the colder part of the region. With as much snow and coldness there is in Kalos, I am expecting someone to catch a Ice Type.

Then again is may still be a lot time before that. They need to start slowing down the anime again unless they plan to end the generation this year. I don't think they will though. They are probably about to start a lot of arcs and fillers with Ash getting 3rd and 4th gym badges so close together.

Anyways, what do you guys think Serena will catch next if any? We have yet to see a Spritzee or Aromatisse, as a main spotlight, and I think Aromatisse would make a good performing pokemon for Serena. This will also finally give a fairy type pokemon to one of the main group. I also think see will get an egg that has a Treecko. As every main female that originates as main character from the game always get s starter from a previous Gen that Ash gets.

May 3rd/1st --> Squirtle and Bulbasaur.
    Dawn 2nd/4th --> Cyndaquil
    Serena 3rd/6th --> Treecko possibly

Notice these generation had remakes the same year. We also know that there is a Treecko with the group in a Calendar for 2015 if it wasn't fake.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I would love to see Ash to catch a Snover. It kinda matches him and I think it would make a great Christmas Styled episode that we haven't had in a while. Soon the anime will be entering the colder part of the region. With as much snow and coldness there is in Kalos, I am expecting someone to catch a Ice Type.

Then again is may still be a lot time before that. They need to start slowing down the anime again unless they plan to end the generation this year. I don't think they will though. They are probably about to start a lot of arcs and fillers with Ash getting 3rd and 4th gym badges so close together.

Anyways, what do you guys think Serena will catch next if any? We have yet to see a Spritzee or Aromatisse, as a main spotlight, and I think Aromatisse would make a good performing pokemon for Serena. This will also finally give a fairy type pokemon to one of the main group. I also think see will get an egg that has a Treecko. As every main female that originates as main character from the game always get s starter from a previous Gen that Ash gets.

May 3rd/1st --> Squirtle and Bulbasaur.
    Dawn 2nd/4th --> Cyndaquil
    Serena 3rd/6th --> Treecko possibly

Notice these generation had remakes the same year. We also know that there is a Treecko with the group in a Calendar for 2015 if it wasn't fake.

A more clear version of the script--

Spoiler:

The pic in this is different then the pic in the Cake .So

On the Left side--

--Chespin

--Bunnelby

--Luxray

On the right side--

--Fletchinder

--Braxian

--Pancham

Behind--

--Goodra

On the middle --

--Frogadier

--Hawlucha

-- ???

There seem to be another small Pokemon beside Hawlucha. It look like
    708.png
    or
    670.png

Also Clemont seem to holding a Pokemon . I hope Clemont isn't holding A Doublade because Clemont having a Doublade is like saying he's a better leader then Ash.
    Also Serena might be holding
    358.png
    ! That might explain why her outfit seem different .

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Spoiler:

i think you're right and serena is indeed holding that pokemon.. looks very alike.
    do u think she changed her hairstyle?

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I kinda hope Serena doesn't get a Chimecho as James has already had one, but I guess it would be another good performer pokemon.

Looking at Serena, that might be a hat she is wearing. It looks like a black hat with her hair up in the back.

I think that green on the bottom you are seeing his Hawlucha, because I remember thinking the same thing in the last one and it ended up being the green part on hawlucha. Hawlucha also has his wings spread so it is taken up a large part of the front.

I can't see Clemont very well so I can't say anything about that.

Last edited:

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • How are you all able to interpret that picture? 0_o It all looks like a blurry mess. About Chimecho though, it looks more like a part of Serena's outfit rather than a Chimecho. But, like I said, it's all a blur. Is it just me, or does it look like Bonnie has her own Aipom Arms?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • It really isn't that blurry at least not for me. There are some areas I can't see but a lot is clear. Zooming in helps some on some areas.

These are the pokemon I can clearly see in the photo.

Goodra, Luxray, Frogider, Hawlucha, Pancham, Bunnelby Flechider.

I can't see Braxien very well.
    I can't see Clemont, Serena or Bonnie very well.
    I can't see Chespin very well, but I am pretty sure that is Chespin. I remember that Chespin was on Clemont's head on the cake. But I do not remember.
    I see what you think may be a Chimecho, but I am not sure if that is what that is, but possible.
    Serena's 'new hair' I think is actually a new black hat with her hair tied up in the back.
    The pokemon in the top left corner that we think is Chespin reminds me more of Skrelp honestly.

I do not see the pokemon that looks like Phantump or Floette, but do see the green and I am almost 100% sure that is Hawlucha. As he has green on his head and wings.

With Clemont and Serena being covered up on the cake picture, that could be holding a pokemon. That would explain why they blocked it in the photo. But until then, I am saying it is because of Goodra being so big.

Another thing I have noticed, all the new Plush Toys at Wal-Mart, that I have seen, belongs to one of the main characters.

Except one, I have seen Eevee a few times and no one in the current generation owns one that is a main character. Is it possible that we will see someone else get an Eevee? I would love for Ash to at least get 1 Eeveelution.

So far, as rivals and main characters, (minus Virgil) these are the Eeveelutions someone has owned. This does not count the sister other than Sakura or the Eevee Brothers or Virgil

May ---> Glacieon
    Gary ---> Umbreon
    Ursula ---> Flareon and Vaporeon
    Zoey ---> Leafeon

Every Eeveelution has appeared at least once, but the only ones that are not owned by major characters or rivals, other than Virgil, are these:

Sylveon (Appeared in one of the first episodes of XY)
    Espeon ( Sakura owned one, but it only appeared in 2 episodes or so)
    Jolteon (Jolteon has been owned by many trainers, but no rivals other the Volkner who was a gym leader)

The only one I can see having a Jolteon is Clemont. But I do not think it is him because he is going to have a Luxray. And this would make him too much like Volkner who was also an Electric Gym Leader.)

Slyveon I can see both Ash and Serena possibly getting, more to Serena. But maybe Ash. Not to mention I believe Serena got jealous of the girl who had Sylveon.

Espeon, again I can see both Ash and Serena getting it, however, I see Serena, once again, having a better chance than Ash. Because Espeon just doesn't seem to fit Ash. I would say Leafeon is a good match for Ash, although Zoey had one.

We also have just Eevee, which could go to anyone.

I really just want Ash to have a pokemon who stands on all 4's. He doesn't have many of them and most of his are humanoid type pokemon or fly. He only has 10 or 11 pokemon that don't stand on 2 legs. 2 are crabs, 1 is Muk, And then there is Boldore who has 3 I think. That leaves only 6 who stand on 4's. Taurous, Bulbasaur, Bayleef, Torkoal, Donphan, and Torterra.

We are pretty sure he is going to catch a Goomy who will evolve fully and will probably stand on 2's. Every generation he catches at least 1 pokemon who does not stand on 2's.

And I could just be over thinking it and no one will get an Eevee.

Last edited:
    Back