• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] XY Capture/Evolution/Release Thread

Which kalo Grass type Pokemon Ash will catch if he doesn't catch Chespin ???

• Total voters

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I know we are not suppose to double post, but I thought this should be on a new post.

Apparently this is one of the posters for the 18th movie.

Spoiler:

I do not see Goomy, so this might be just pokemon who will pop up in the episode. But obviously this possibly confirms some things. But this makes me worry about Goomy.

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
I am actually excited for Noibat. It would be awesome if Ash catches it, one way or another.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I would honestly prefer him to catch Goomy as Noibat is yet another flying type which I would find kinda annoying if he caught 3 flying types.

But yeah, this picture makes me really worried about Goomy. Especially with the Goomy Episodes happening before Luxio evolves ect. I fear that Goomy is going to be another Larviatar where it only travels with Ash until it finds its mother after evolving so quickly.

I would honestly prefer him to catch Goomy as Noibat is yet another flying type which I would find kinda annoying if he caught 3 flying types.

But yeah, this picture makes me really worried about Goomy. Especially with the Goomy Episodes happening before Luxio evolves ect. I fear that Goomy is going to be another Larviatar where it only travels with Ash until it finds its mother or trainer after evolving so quickly.

I can see Clemont getting a Noibat though, as Noibat is a type of sound pokemon and I usually put sound pokemon with Electric pokemon.

Last edited:

Bobbylicious

Banned
Years
the movie short posters never list all pokemon anyway, so i wouldn't think too much of it.

to add to this, since we know goomy will evole into goodra, it might be that goodra was "too big" to be included or something. This isn't going to air until sometime in July 2015 (iirc) so that's a good chunk of anime episodes for Goomy to get to goodra. Plus, if that Gourgheist (that's probs spelled wrong) is really jessie's phantump that evolved, then we know the movie takes place after the episodes the cakes scripts were based on, since jessie still had a phantump on the cake. so goomy would obv defs be a goodra by then (since goodra is on the cake), probs why its missing.
That or it doesn't have any plot in the short.

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
Looks like Jessie's pumpkaboo will evolve at some point, too.

Neat. Makes me wonder if James' inkay will do the same.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Looks like Jessie's pumpkaboo will evolve at some point, too.

Neat. Makes me wonder if James' inkay will do the same.

If this happen then I will be Super Pissed !
Trip can evolve pokemon without Trade , Paul can evolve Pokemon without Trade , Jessi can evolve Pokemon with Trade But Ash's Gigalith will remain Gigalith cause it can't evolve without trade!!!
Enough reason for me to be Angry .

Spoiler:

This Poster is obviously from a Pikachu Shot So Some of those Pokemon probably guest character appeared to play with Pikachu & Friend.

--Frogadier , Fletchinder , Hawlucha , Pikachu = Ash's

--Dedene , Luxray , Bunnelby ,Chespin = Clemont

--Braxian , Pancham = Serena

-- Snorlax , Noibat , Florges = Guest Pokemon

--Gothita = Its Fangirling over Pancham So its might be Serena's Pokemon. However it might be like Dawn's Bunnary who loved Pikachu but owned by Dawn So Gothita might be Ash or Clemont's Pokemon. It make sense for Ash to catch it cause he doesn't have a Psychic type but Serena does. But it might be just a guest Pokemon .

Gothita's evolution Gothitelle can Warp Space and Reality ! I really like Ash to catch such an OP Pokemon.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Yeah I thought it might be Pikachu Short. And yeah it is possible that Goodra was too big. It is also possible that they did not what to spoil such a big pokemon on the poster as well.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Trip's and Paul's Pokemon both evolved off-screen. For all we know they did trade them and then traded back for evolution purposes. We do it all the time in our games why can't it be a thing in the anime??

Anyways, I'd like to wager that Goomy -> Goodra is too big for the poster + the fact that it doesn't always show every Pokemon that they have. As for Noibat, Florges, Snorlax, and Gothita they could honestly be either or. We won't know until we need more of them for any confirmation but out of those four Gothita would be a good fit for Serena. So would Florges but I'm unsure about her getting a fully evolved Pokemon that she doesn't even have at all yet by July. Noibat could be either Ash's or Clemonts (though I agree that I'd rather it be Clemont's if it is someone's Pokemon because Ash already has two flying). Alternatively maybe it could be Team Rocket's (it would be nice for it to be James' so he has two Pokemon again tbh). And Snorlax idek Ash already had one so it obviously can't be his. I'd say Snorlax is the one that ismost likely a guest Pokemon, but I'm definitely not going to look too much into those four Pokemon much more until later.

As for Gourgeist I'm pretty sure it's Jessie's otherwise Pumpkaboo is missing and for absolutely no reason. At least there are possible reasons for Goomy (that aren't it leaving Ash's team because lol no.)

Years

So from what I'm seeing here, here's who I think the Pokemon belong to:

Pikachu, Frogadier, Fletchinder and Hawlucha, that's definitely Ash. Braixen and Pancham are Serena's. Chespin, Bunnelby, Dedenne and Luxray is Clemont. Wobbuffet is definitely Jessie's, but as for Gourgeist this could point to a possibility for her Pumpkaboo evolving but then again in the games it requires trading to evolve so I'm a bit skeptical on that one. Inkay is definitely James's, but I don't see it evolving given he like never evolves his Pokemon sans Weezing.

But as for the other random stuff in there... Snorlax, Florges and Noibat I'm not sure about, but I could see the Gothita as an ideal third Pokemon for Serena given it's next to Pancham in the pic. Also, I think Gothita would suit Serena pretty well in my opinion.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

Pikachu, Frogadier, Fletchinder and Hawlucha, that's definitely Ash. Braixen and Pancham are Serena's. Chespin, Bunnelby, Dedenne and Luxray is Clemont. Wobbuffet is definitely Jessie's, but as for Gourgeist this could point to a possibility for her Pumpkaboo evolving but then again in the games it requires trading to evolve so I'm a bit skeptical on that one. Inkay is definitely James's, but I don't see it evolving given he like never evolves his Pokemon sans Weezing.

But as for the other random stuff in there... Snorlax, Florges and Noibat I'm not sure about, but I could see the Gothita as an ideal third Pokemon for Serena given it's next to Pancham in the pic. Also, I think Gothita would suit Serena pretty well in my opinion.

I think it would better if Ash catchs Gothita instate of Serena ! She already has a Psychic type But Ash doesn't have one !!!
Plus , Since Clemont's Chespin has a Rivalry with Serena's Pancham So it would be better if Ash has a Gothita that crushing on Serena's Pancham.

I wonder if Florge work as Ash's grass type in Kalo region .
There is only 3 choice to begin with But Director might go with Florge Or Mega Abmasnow to surprise other.
However , I do want Ash to catch a giant Pokemon ! Snorlax & Goodra are Human sized . Giant Pokemon would be over 8''00.
But I also want Ash to catch a Ghost type .

Years
I think it would better if Ash catchs Gothita instate of Serena ! She already has a Psychic type But Ash doesn't have one !!!
Plus , Since Clemont's Chespin has a Rivalry with Serena's Pancham So it would be better if Ash has a Gothita that crushing on Serena's Pancham.

The only member of Fennekin's line that is Psychic-type is Delphox (and Serena's Fennekin may not even fully evolve, meaning it could end the saga as a Braixen) and we've had several cases of type overlapping in teams of the main characters like how Ash has two Flying-types on his Kalos team right now, but they sorta serve different purposes. Dawn even had three Normal-types throughout the course of D/P (fyi Togekiss was Normal/Flying back then) and for a short time had two Water-types together before Buizel was traded for Aipom. May even has two base-stage Normal-types, while Brock has had several Pokemon sharing the same types, notably Rock, Water, Ground and Poison.

I wonder if Florge work as Ash's grass type in Kalo region .
There is only 3 choice to begin with But Director might go with Florge Or Mega Abmasnow to surprise other.
However , I do want Ash to catch a giant Pokemon ! Snorlax & Goodra are Human sized . Giant Pokemon would be over 8''00.
But I also want Ash to catch a Ghost type .

There could be a chance Kalos might become the first region where Ash never catches a Grass-type, but if he does have to catch one it would likely be Skiddo or Phantump since the writers like to advertise new Pokemon when it comes to his team, his companions can catch old Pokemon but not him based on what I've seen.

And Florges is a pure Fairy-type so yeah unlikely...

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
The only member of Fennekin's line that is Psychic-type is Delphox (and Serena's Fennekin may not even fully evolve, meaning it could end the saga as a Braixen) and we've had several cases of type overlapping in teams of the main characters like how Ash has two Flying-types on his Kalos team right now, but they sorta serve different purposes. Dawn even had three Normal-types throughout the course of D/P (fyi Togekiss was Normal/Flying back then) and for a short time had two Water-types together before Buizel was traded for Aipom. May even has two base-stage Normal-types, while Brock has had several Pokemon sharing the same types, notably Rock, Water, Ground and Poison.

But Braxian start learning Psychic attack !!
Plus Their design is similar ! Both of them are skirt wearing Pokemon.
So , It doesn't make Serena Roster to look cool .
Creating Good roster is like an Art .
Choosing 6 Pokemon to create perfect Roster is like creating a Deck in Yugioh.
Thats Why I hate Hawlucha even more ! Having 2 Bird making Ash's XY Roster less cooler then it should be .

There could be a chance Kalos might become the first region where Ash never catches a Grass-type, but if he does have to catch one it would likely be Skiddo or Phantump since the writers like to advertise new Pokemon when it comes to his team, his companions can catch old Pokemon but not him based on what I've seen.

And Florges is a pure Fairy-type so yeah unlikely...
Technically , Mega Abmasnow is a New Pokemon.
Plus At the beginning of Mega Evolution Special , We seen a Battle between Mega Gyarados and Mega Abmasnow .
Lyzendre has a Mega Gyarados.
Sometime A beginning Battle like this Are simply foreshadowing a Future event.
So , There might a future event where Lyzendre fight someone with Mega Abmasnow .
Now , That person could be Ash or Wulfric .

Kalo might be the 1st region where Ash doesn't catch a Grass Type But he might catch Florges instate because it look like a grass Type.
I hope he doesn't catch a Skkido ! He need to catch the other 2 Grass type of Florges Or else this region will end with no New type for Ash.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
But Braxian start learning Psychic attack !!
Plus Their design is similar ! Both of them are skirt wearing Pokemon.
So , It doesn't make Serena Roster to look cool .
Creating Good roster is like an Art .
Choosing 6 Pokemon to create perfect Roster is like creating a Deck in Yugioh.
Thats Why I hate Hawlucha even more ! Having 2 Bird making Ash's XY Roster less cooler then it should be .

Technically , Mega Abmasnow is a New Pokemon.
Plus At the beginning of Mega Evolution Special , We seen a Battle between Mega Gyarados and Mega Abmasnow .
Lyzendre has a Mega Gyarados.
Sometime A beginning Battle like this Are simply foreshadowing a Future event.
So , There might a future event where Lyzendre fight someone with Mega Abmasnow .
Now , That person could be Ash or Wulfric .

Kalo might be the 1st region where Ash doesn't catch a Grass Type But he might catch Florges instate because it look like a grass Type.
I hope he doesn't catch a Skkido ! He need to catch the other 2 Grass type of Florges Or else this region will end with no New type for Ash.

Omg have u noticed that Pikachu and Mewoth are standing on an Avalugg?..
I just noticed that LOL.
Does it say anything?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Omg have u noticed that Pikachu and Mewoth are standing on an Avalugg?..
I just noticed that LOL.
Does it say anything?

I didn't notice That ! May be everyone will have a Concert on Avalugg's back .

Honestly , The Best choice for Ash's XY roster is Female Meowstic ! Not the Friendly neighborhood one We seen in Anime But that Sassy one from poke-Amie .

See , How great Mewostic will be if Ash catch one !!!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019

I really want Ash's Goodra to have ''Sap Sipper'' ability !
Because--

-- It make Goodra immune from Grass type Pokemon & it doesn't depend on rain

--Goodra can whip itself with ''Power whip'' to raise its Power since ''Sap Sipper'' prevent Goodra from taking damage from ''Power whip'' while boosting its attack Power.

Also , I want Ash's Charizard to learn ''Flame Charge'' over ''Flare Blaiz'' .
''Flame Charge'' does recoil damage and also increase speed But it Power is just too low But Mega Charizard Y's Drought should make it stronger.

*Luxio//Hacks*

Creator of Sky Twilight + Sky Daylight?
Years
Ash's Final Kalos Team Discussion

Hi guys, it's *Luxio//Hacks*. I want to say about here, What is Ash's Final Kalos Team?
I mean come on guys, give your honest opinion.

My honest opinion is....
OOFWNmZ.png
WRAH5f6.png
ntIR3wy.png
Sa59usH.png
rO5VA2f.png
FtbtP90.png
bB2N1Ad.png

That it from me and have a great New Year. :)

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
I really want Ash's Goodra to have ''Sap Sipper'' ability !
Because--

-- It make Goodra immune from Grass type Pokemon & it doesn't depend on rain

--Goodra can whip itself with ''Power whip'' to raise its Power since ''Sap Sipper'' prevent Goodra from taking damage from ''Power whip'' while boosting its attack Power.

Also , I want Ash's Charizard to learn ''Flame Charge'' over ''Flare Blaiz'' .
''Flame Charge'' does recoil damage and also increase speed But it Power is just too low But Mega Charizard Y's Drought should make it stronger.
For Goodra: makes sense, but it looks like it's going to be Hydration. I mean remember from the scans it said that it was put in water and felt better...Hydration heals status effects in the rain. It just seems like this is alluding to that.

If it's a Charizard Y, shouldn't it have more special attacks though? That's kind of it's niche. I mean it makes sense to raise the speed, but does it really need it.

Quick question: Do we think Ash is actually going to get a mega? I mean he has 4 Pokemon (Glalie, Heracross, Sceptile, and Charizard), that are capable of such, but how would it come about?

Lizardo

Public Enemy
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Quick question: Do we think Ash is actually going to get a mega?
There's no way to tell for sure now, but I'm thinking that it won't happen. We've had several episodes about Mega Evolution already, including an entire five-episode arc dealing with it, and there's been no indication that Satoshi will have one. We already have the Mega Evolution specials, Satoshi would have to bring back an older Pokémon as opposed to catching a Kalos region one (which he doesn't do), and Mega Evolution is a powerful thing to give to a main character while they're still supposed to be growing stronger. I'd really love to see it happen, though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am pretty sure it has Hydration looking at the trailer/sneak peek they had in Japan.

As for the mega evolution.... I don't know. I think Famon was right a while ago when he said that the Special were so that Ash couldn't get a Mega.

It is possible that he might 'borrow' one later on, but keeping one, I doubt it.

Back